Infinity Primus Owner's Thread - Page 133 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #3961 of 3972 Old 10-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orange County , CA
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yesterday my P363 came in! I am using a Denon X1000 with a Sony SA-W2500 Sub. I am a bit confused to what HZ to set the p363 to. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
beebee5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3962 of 3972 Old 10-09-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JChin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesquite Tx
Posts: 8,584
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebee5 View Post
Yesterday my P363 came in! I am using a Denon X1000 with a Sony SA-W2500 Sub. I am a bit confused to what HZ to set the p363 to. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Hi beebee5, just run auto setup. The Denon may set the P363 to Large, if so you want to reset them to Small and raise the crossover point to 80hz so the lower frequencies are passed to the sub.
JChin is offline  
post #3963 of 3972 Old 10-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orange County , CA
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi beebee5, just run auto setup. The Denon may set the P363 to Large, if so you want to reset them to Small and raise the crossover point to 80hz so the lower frequencies are passed to the sub.
Thanks Jchin! I will try that when I get home.
beebee5 is offline  
post #3964 of 3972 Unread 11-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
niggenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: San Jose, CA 95123
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
The binding posts on my P363's snapped off in a move. What is the best way to replace/repair them either with aftermarket or OEM parts?

HTPC: Intel NUC (DC53427HYE) running OpenELEC/Win7 Dual Boot
Projector: Optoma HD131Xe
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR809
Screen: Elite Spectrum Electric 125"
Media Server: NAS4Free Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz
niggenz is offline  
post #3965 of 3972 Unread 11-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Digiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Queens N.Y. U.S.A.
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggenz View Post
The binding posts on my P363's snapped off in a move. What is the best way to replace/repair them either with aftermarket or OEM parts?
One source you could try is here:http://www.parts-express.com/Search....itesearch=true
Digiti is offline  
post #3966 of 3972 Unread 11-18-2014, 01:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
niggenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: San Jose, CA 95123
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Any decreased performance at all in using aftermarket parts? Opinions are nice.

Also, does anyone have the rubber feet that came with their P363's and don't need them? I installed the plastic feet when I had carpet. Now I have hardwood floor and could use the rubber. If you have them and are willing to donate them.....or sell them, please PM me.

HTPC: Intel NUC (DC53427HYE) running OpenELEC/Win7 Dual Boot
Projector: Optoma HD131Xe
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR809
Screen: Elite Spectrum Electric 125"
Media Server: NAS4Free Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz
niggenz is offline  
post #3967 of 3972 Unread 12-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I've been enjoying my Primus set for 5 years. They represent a truly great value in speakers and I've been very impressed by their sound.

But I am curious. If you were to say what speakers would be the "next level" up from these, what would they be?
Soulburner is online now  
post #3968 of 3972 Unread 12-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
GLBright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Scenic southcentral Indiana
Posts: 644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I've been enjoying my Primus set for 5 years. They represent a truly great value in speakers and I've been very impressed by their sound.

But I am curious. If you were to say what speakers would be the "next level" up from these, what would they be?

Knowing how much you like the Primus line, you might consider Infinity's newer "Reference" series. Not in Revel territory but derived from them.


http://www.infinityspeakers.com/esto...Series/2500015
digimortal likes this.

HT: Onkyo TX-SR702,Infinity IL60s/IL36c,DefTech PF1500sub,PanasonicPT-AX100,Draper92"screen,SonyBDP-S570,Dish622
Stereo1 Denon PMA-630 amp,TechnicsPL-1300TT,ToshibaSD-4960 uni-player,Infinity Overture 3s
Stereo 2 OnkyoTX-8222 HitachiHT-61S TT,YamahaDV-S586 uni-player,Large Advents (1972)
GLBright is offline  
post #3969 of 3972 Unread 12-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBright View Post
Knowing how much you like the Primus line, you might consider Infinity's newer "Reference" series. Not in Revel territory but derived from them.


http://www.infinityspeakers.com/esto...Series/2500015
Would you say there is a big difference between the Primus and the Reference?
Soulburner is online now  
post #3970 of 3972 Unread 12-03-2014, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
GLBright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Scenic southcentral Indiana
Posts: 644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Would you say there is a big difference between the Primus and the Reference?

A review of the Reference is here http://hometheaterreview.com/measure...also-did-full/


I would say that they are probably more like the Beta and Interlude line than the Primus, substantially superior in every way.

HT: Onkyo TX-SR702,Infinity IL60s/IL36c,DefTech PF1500sub,PanasonicPT-AX100,Draper92"screen,SonyBDP-S570,Dish622
Stereo1 Denon PMA-630 amp,TechnicsPL-1300TT,ToshibaSD-4960 uni-player,Infinity Overture 3s
Stereo 2 OnkyoTX-8222 HitachiHT-61S TT,YamahaDV-S586 uni-player,Large Advents (1972)
GLBright is offline  
post #3971 of 3972 Unread 12-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBright View Post
A review of the Reference is here http://hometheaterreview.com/measure...also-did-full/


I would say that they are probably more like the Beta and Interlude line than the Primus, substantially superior in every way.
I'm getting the upgrade bug. I knew I knew I shouldn't have come back here
digimortal likes this.
Soulburner is online now  
post #3972 of 3972 Unread Today, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Osirus23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 180
P363s are on sale at Fry's for $99.
Osirus23 is online now  
Reply Speakers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off