Infinity Primus Owner's Thread - Page 135 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4021 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
steve1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern, Va
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
I know this is an infinity thread, but wanted to get opinions on these two setups using a pioneer vsx-820-k and my existing sub to be replaced later. i currently have sony ss-mf650s that will move to rears for the time being.

polk monitor 70s (series II) with cs2?

OR

infinity primus p363s with pc351?
I can't speak to the Polks, but I am very happy with the P363s and PC351. I would suggest getting the P363s when they are $99 verses the current price.
steve1106 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4022 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
I know this is an infinity thread, but wanted to get opinions on these two setups using a pioneer vsx-820-k and my existing sub to be replaced later. i currently have sony ss-mf650s that will move to rears for the time being.

polk monitor 70s (series II) with cs2?

OR

infinity primus p363s with pc351?
In my opinion, I have owned both series of speakers but in the end, I prefer the Polk RTI series of speakers. Especially since you can pick up the older RTI series which is identical to the current one just different cabinet and for a fraction of the price on pokes official eBay store.
Sn95 is offline  
post #4023 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn95 View Post
In my opinion, I have owned both series of speakers but in the end, I prefer the Polk RTI series of speakers. Especially since you can pick up the older RTI series which is identical to the current one just different cabinet and for a fraction of the price on pokes official eBay store.
which RTI model? since you've owned both, which of these did you prefer and why?
guitarguy316 is offline  
post #4024 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
which RTI model? since you've owned both, which of these did you prefer and why?
I currently own the RTI6 bookshelf speakers, believe it or not they sound much better than even the larger monitor 50s. Due to the better crossovers drivers and tweeters in the RTI series of speakers, The lack of mid range and highs in the monitor series is beautifully produced in the RTI series. The sound stage and bass extension is even that much better with the RTI's. By soundstage I mean they virtually disappear in the room and the base they produce you would swear there is a small sub woofer in the room somewhere. Now of course, with any small tower or bookshelf speaker you want a sub woofer anyway i'm just saying, that if you are not a bass head you really don't need it with these speakers. If you want large you can step up to the RTI8 or RTI 10's. The RTI's also have a real wood finish however much that matters to you or not. One thing to keep in mind the monitors are front ported only and the RTI series is front and rear ported therefore the monitors are a little more flexible in where you can place them. Of course I was willing to overlook that due to the tighter cleaner more controlled base output that the PowerPort technology in the RTI's produces. Again, just my opinion.
Sn95 is offline  
post #4025 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn95 View Post
I currently own the RTI6 bookshelf speakers, believe it or not they sound much better than even the larger monitor 50s. Due to the better crossovers drivers and tweeters in the RTI series of speakers, The lack of mid range and highs in the monitor series is beautifully produced in the RTI series. The sound stage and bass extension is even that much better with the RTI's. By soundstage I mean they virtually disappear in the room and the base they produce you would swear there is a small sub woofer in the room somewhere. Now of course, with any small tower or bookshelf speaker you want a sub woofer anyway i'm just saying, that if you are not a bass head you really don't need it with these speakers. If you want large you can step up to the RTI8 or RTI 10's. The RTI's also have a real wood finish however much that matters to you or not. One thing to keep in mind the monitors are front ported only and the RTI series is front and rear ported therefore the monitors are a little more flexible in where you can place them. Of course I was willing to overlook that due to the tighter cleaner more controlled base output that the PowerPort technology in the RTI's produces. Again, just my opinion.
I do have to say though, for the price the infinities can't be beat.
Sn95 is offline  
post #4026 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn95 View Post
I do have to say though, for the price the infinities can't be beat.
well i'm waiting for the p363's to hit $100/ea again, and then probably grab the pc351 for $200 since it seems it never goes on sale...this would be $400 for the set. the monitor 70s would be about $440 right now on newegg.
guitarguy316 is offline  
post #4027 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
[quote=guitarguy316;32899665]well i'm waiting for the p363's to hit $100/ea again, and then probably grab the pc351 for $200 since it seems it never goes on sale...this would be $400 for the set. the monitor 70s would be about $440 right now on newegg.[/quote

Newegg has the monitor 70s right now on their eBay store for 169 each with free shipping.

Last edited by Sn95; 03-24-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Sn95 is offline  
post #4028 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I thought most people considered the Primus line to be better than the Polk Monitors?
Soulburner is online now  
post #4029 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
karlsaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 1,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I thought most people considered the Primus line to be better than the Polk Monitors?
I have had the Monitors. Decent speakers. I think I am going to try some Primus' this weekend.

Sounds good!
karlsaudio is offline  
post #4030 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,828
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I thought most people considered the Primus line to be better than the Polk Monitors?
When you are comparing speakers of approximately the same quality level then it is all subjective. Some will prefer one and some will prefer the other. Which is better will depend on you and your preferences. As for me, I prefer the Infinity Primus P363 over both the Pioneer AJ FS-51 and the Polk RTi12s.
duc135 is online now  
post #4031 of 4034 Old 03-24-2015, 04:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
When you are comparing speakers of approximately the same quality level then it is all subjective. Some will prefer one and some will prefer the other. Which is better will depend on you and your preferences. As for me, I prefer the Infinity Primus P363 over both the Pioneer AJ FS-51 and the Polk RTi12s.
exactly, after all you would have to spend a significant amount more money than any of the speakers mentioned above to notice any drastic difference.
Sn95 is offline  
post #4032 of 4034 Old Today, 06:40 PM
Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsaudio View Post
I have had the Monitors. Decent speakers. I think I am going to try some Primus' this weekend.
let me know what you think...i can't decide and have nowhere to listen to m70 vs. p363 in store...
guitarguy316 is offline  
post #4033 of 4034 Old Today, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
karlsaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 1,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
let me know what you think...i can't decide and have nowhere to listen to m70 vs. p363 in store...
I'm going the bookshelf route due to some size restraints. P153s most likely. I have to order them so it will be towards the end of next week when they arrive. I will give a full report. I tried the AJ Pioneers. They were just OK. Just my opinion.

Sounds good!
karlsaudio is offline  
post #4034 of 4034 Old Today, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
karlsaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 1,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have had a long debate in another thread about what to get but have decided to go this "less expensive" route because I can't afford what I really want (thousands per pair) and my room would not do them justice anyway. The Polk monitors I had sounded better (to me) than the Pioneers. So I will see how the Primus line stack up against those two.

Sounds good!
karlsaudio is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off