Infinity Primus Owner's Thread - Page 146 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 83Likes

post #4351 of 4357 Old 12-08-2016, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidroidx View Post
Great deal on primus speakers, last hurrah I can see under 150 for the 363. Buyrush.com, free shipping as well. Never heard of them, but throwing it out there.
I checked out that Buyrush site. I'm not sure how legit they are. I've sent them several emails inquiring about the pc351 center speaker. I asked if it was brand new and what their contact phone number is. They have never responded. That tells me if there are issues the customer service would be non existent. In the contact us section they state "We'll be waiting for your email or your phone call". I could not find a phone number on the site and under contact us they have an email address under the phone section. Buyer beware on this one I would think.

That said, I've considered keeping my primus setup for a little while longer and put in another room. Does anyone know of any legit places that still carry the PC 351 center in new condition? Will that center match with the tower 360's I have as they are one of the first generation towers?

Thanks!
Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4352 of 4357 Old 12-08-2016, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjianmeister View Post
I checked out that Buyrush site. I'm not sure how legit they are. I've sent them several emails inquiring about the pc351 center speaker. I asked if it was brand new and what their contact phone number is. They have never responded. That tells me if there are issues the customer service would be non existent. In the contact us section they state "We'll be waiting for your email or your phone call". I could not find a phone number on the site and under contact us they have an email address under the phone section. Buyer beware on this one I would think.

That said, I've considered keeping my primus setup for a little while longer and put in another room. Does anyone know of any legit places that still carry the PC 351 center in new condition? Will that center match with the tower 360's I have as they are one of the first generation towers?

Thanks!
Z
You should be fine using a PC 35x + the 360s ( I was running a PC350 plus the original 360s)
They timbre match fine & your AVR speaker setup program should get you a good match. Still hanging onto mine even though not using them currently, every once in a while I pull out my Chanes & set the Primus back up. They still have that "something"
GLBright likes this.

Heart in SoCal - Soul from the Motor City
AFTV2+ SPMC=>SR6010=>Chane A2rx-c x 3+ DCM OW-1s x 2 +Klipch HQ-12 sub
post #4353 of 4357 Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoofar View Post
You should be fine using a PC 35x + the 360s ( I was running a PC350 plus the original 360s)
They timbre match fine & your AVR speaker setup program should get you a good match. Still hanging onto mine even though not using them currently, every once in a while I pull out my Chanes & set the Primus back up. They still have that "something"
Thanks for the info!

Seems like the well has dried up for these. Havn't seen any reputable dealers carrying them any more. A lot of inflated pricing from private sellers.
post #4354 of 4357 Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjianmeister View Post
Thanks for the info!

Seems like the well has dried up for these. Havn't seen any reputable dealers carrying them any more. A lot of inflated pricing from private sellers.
Seems like Ebay or Craigslist are the only sources left these days. Kind of surprised how Harmon completely dropped support for these very popular speakers. Try looking for replacement parts...

Heart in SoCal - Soul from the Motor City
AFTV2+ SPMC=>SR6010=>Chane A2rx-c x 3+ DCM OW-1s x 2 +Klipch HQ-12 sub
post #4355 of 4357 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 208
keep an eye here also
http://www.harmanaudio.com/refurbished-speakers/

think maybe the reference series would match?
christoofar likes this.

TV- Samsung 55" UHD (UN55JU6500FXZA)
service - directv
Receiver - Denon AVR-X2100W,
Speakers -F L/R - Infinity Primus P363, C - Infinity Primus PC351
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12HG
(slow build out)
post #4356 of 4357 Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!
I'm not sure about a reference center matching well. Oddly that's a line that Harman/Infinity didn't really promote that much. What little I've seen in the way of reviews sounds like it's a nice little step up though. There's hardly any info out there. I think Harman is counting on the Revel Concerta2 series to be the affordable upgrade.

It's all good. I have the C25 now and it has served well for many years so we'll stick with that.

Thanks!

Z
post #4357 of 4357 Old Today, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Anyone know where I can find some p153 or p163 speakers, used or refurb is fine?
Just got a new Avr and can add front height speakers now and I assume I should match them to my p363s and pc351. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers