33Likes
post #7111 of 7114 Unread Today, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Hello my dear Kef members,..

I just sent a PM to a member asking that we all know the R is amazing,..up there just right below the Reference series.

My question & one I don't know is keeping me torn is that the R is twice as much as the Q but is the R is worth twice as much? So if any y'all have been lucky to demo both please weigh in your thoughts.

There's quite a lot of used Q100 & 300 on eBay that's well below msrp but rarely much from the R series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 7114 Unread Today, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
It may or may not do anything. For me, the new amps stay in class A for the first 10W. That is an improvement to my ears. They are also double the power of my prior amp but that does not equate to huge gains actually but they are jet black in the background. Lower listening levels are improved but again the better sound to me may be due to class A.

Have you ever tried a dedicated stereo preamp? Sometimes you just have to try different things and see what you think. Your Denon appears to be a very nice AVR. So it's hard to know what you would think sounds better. I have a Denon in my bedroom but don't use it too much for stereo but Denon makes nice AVRs.

Waiting for new KEFs to arrive and then I can put the amps to the test.

Are you listening to CDs or streaming ? What is your source?

Rick
I am listening Streaming from Tidal with Sonos Connect and CD. Will a DAC help with better sounding or adding an external amp is not going to improve anything?
post #7113 of 7114 Unread Today, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post
Hello my dear Kef members,..

I just sent a PM to a member asking that we all know the R is amazing,..up there just right below the Reference series.

My question & one I don't know is keeping me torn is that the R is twice as much as the Q but is the R is worth twice as much? So if any y'all have been lucky to demo both please weigh in your thoughts.

There's quite a lot of used Q100 & 300 on eBay that's well below msrp but rarely much from the R series.
The refinement of the crossovers and midrange make the R worth the extra $$$ over the Q. IMO.

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
post #7114 of 7114 Unread Today, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnnny View Post
I am wanting to improve Stereo only. I am actually pretty satisfy of what I have now but I am curious what I can get more from it. I have a small living room and I don't play extremely loud.

What can an external amp going to do for me? I just want to have better sounding. What are my options?
That sounds expensive!

Haha, start with acquiring a used equitech unit. The journey begins after that and get's exponentially more expensive.

See my guide at High end stereo music system setup guide

Last edited by coli; Today at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Kef , Kef Audio , Kef Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Center Channel Speaker , Kef C4 Subwoofer Black , Kef Q100bl Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System , Kef Q700wa Floorstanding Speaker , Kef T Series Floor Stand Pair
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page