KEF Owners Thread - Page 243 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #7261 of 7264 Unread Today, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Completely different. I also haven't liked anything I've heard in the cm line. Going to the 800 series isn't so much like "lifting a veil" as much as it's like removing a thick soggy blanket that's been covering the speaker. This is not because the diamond is magical, it's because (to me) it sounds like the cm has no tweeter at all. Just no highs. Ymmv of course.


Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
Was that the CMS1 or CMS2 you are referring to. To my understanding the series 2 was a big jump. The only CM I have heard was the CM7 which ended my desire to get CM9s.
jima4a is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7262 of 7264 Unread Today, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gaithersburg, md
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Completely different. I also haven't liked anything I've heard in the cm line. Going to the 800 series isn't so much like "lifting a veil" as much as it's like removing a thick soggy blanket that's been covering the speaker. This is not because the diamond is magical, it's because (to me) it sounds like the cm has no tweeter at all. Just no highs. Ymmv of course.


Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
curious, is this impression based on a particular speaker in the CM line, or based on listening to all of them?

My Current 5.2 Setup - for now....
B&W CM10s (FLR), CMC2, CM5 x2 (SLR)
Dual SVS SB2000s

Rack and Display:
Marantz SR7009, Marantz UD7007, T-PC50st60
[/COLOR]
pickering.tim is offline  
post #7263 of 7264 Unread Today, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: gaithersburg, md
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 14
[QUOTE=ultrahertz;32959017]I have nearly completed my rec room home theater system.

Speakers: Kef R900, R600c, R800ds
Sub: SVS SB 13 ultra
TV: Samsung 78HU9000
Receiver: Onkyo 838
Blu Ray: Oppo 103
Turntable: Onkyo CP1050
very nice looking setup - I think you may have posted some specs for the size of the room but I may have missed them/can't find them. I am wondering how far back the opening on the front left side goes and how large it is. are the speakers firing down the length of the room i assume?

I ask cause cause I dealt with a lot of speaker placement frustrations due to an L shaped room.

My Current 5.2 Setup - for now....
B&W CM10s (FLR), CMC2, CM5 x2 (SLR)
Dual SVS SB2000s

Rack and Display:
Marantz SR7009, Marantz UD7007, T-PC50st60
[/COLOR]
pickering.tim is offline  
post #7264 of 7264 Unread Today, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ambesolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,110
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post
Was that the CMS1 or CMS2 you are referring to. To my understanding the series 2 was a big jump. The only CM I have heard was the CM7 which ended my desire to get CM9s.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pickering.tim View Post
curious, is this impression based on a particular speaker in the CM line, or based on listening to all of them?

It was 2 floorstanders and one bookshelf at two different shops on different equipment over the past 2-3yrs. Every time it was the same, very muted highs. Maybe that's what they were going for with the design, who knows, but I can't see what the advantage of such a design would be if it was intentional.


Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still [emoji107]
ambesolman is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Kef , Kef Audio , Kef Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Center Channel Speaker , Kef C4 Subwoofer Black , Kef Q100bl Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System , Kef Q700wa Floorstanding Speaker , Kef T Series Floor Stand Pair
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off