KEF Owners Thread - Page 308 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #9211 of 9214 Old Today, 02:21 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Interesting. So you basically swapped the cables for the "2" drivers instead? I listened to the speakers and it sounds great, but I haven't "tested" it. I guess technically my speakers are all out of phase?

When you mention "bass speaker", you're referring to the downfiring speaker?
Yes reverted xover and #1 speaker (red wires) to as supplied. Bass unit is small unit in the bottom.

Tested yesterday with Dolby Atmos test disc and San Andreas atmos last night. That has to be my test film from now.
Just listen to the bit at the beginning when a rock hits the car windscreen.
Very happy with results.
KenM10759 likes this.

Infocus SP8600 DLP, Yamaha RX A3040 + Roksan KMA2/3 (fronts), Yamaha BD S1067 Blu Ray, Toshiba ET-35 HD, Kef 203/1 Main, 202C Center, Q2DS Surround, HTS 2001 Rear Surround and FP, RP, 2x Kenwood SW-X1 12" Subs fitted DLS DS3004BP plate amps.
Vinyl - Technics SL1210, Goldring 1020GX, Rotel RQ870BX
Sponsored Links
post #9212 of 9214 Old Today, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 177
I started making the LCR boxes for the three Ci5160rl-thx.

A lot bigger than the 3160rl-thx! I cant wait to hear them. I also choose to use only egg creat foam inside. Im not sure if it will make any difference but seen some people do this.

post #9213 of 9214 Old Today, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Does anyone have a suggestion for removing smudges on a piano black speaker? A Swiffer doesn't do it.

post #9214 of 9214 Old Today, 10:50 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Does anyone know if the Q600c is designed to play with reversed phase? When I run Audyssey I always get a warning that the phase is reversed for the center channel. I have checked the wiring several times and it's correct. I read somewhere that some speakers are intentionally designed with the phase reversed so I've been ignoring this warning. The problem is that dialogue on my setup is often muddy and not as clear as I would like. I suspect the issue is related to the room (it's 14x30 with wood ceilings and a wall of glass) but I want to rule out a hardware issue before I go down that path.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vizio P65C1
Denon AVR-X2300W
KEF Q600c, Q300, Q100, Speedwoofer 10S(x2)
Apple TV, Xbox One S, PS4
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

Kef , Kef Audio , kef blade 2 , Kef Bookshelf Speaker , Kef C4 Subwoofer Black , Kef Center Channel Speaker , Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System , Kef Q100bl Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Q700wa Floorstanding Speaker , kef reference 3 , Kef T Series Floor Stand Pair