Forum Jump: 

post #1561 of 6780 Old 11-27-2008, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim View Post

Hey, SWORD_FISH. Is that a reliable retailer? Just curious. I'll add their addy to my collection of online retailers.

I have ordered three times from them. Based on my experience, they have been reliable. Correct items shipped, on time, in good condition. Obviously, I wouldn't put them up in the category of a big name like OneCall, but I have never had a problem with them.

SF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 6780 Old 11-27-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiquepr View Post

Folks

I am at a quandry. Based on the great coupon mountain info from 88al88, the spread between the 3005SE's and the 5005's is only$226.40 included shipping, getting the 5005's for $1440 delivered vs $1214 for the 3005SE's seems like a tough deal to pass up. Any suggestions on whether the 5005 are a better than choice than the 3005SE's for my setup>

I have a Snoy STR-DG1100 receiver and I am considering upgrading my speaker setup from a set of Solid Ovale Satellites/Sub - 8 yrs Old, music oriented rather the HT and a center/Surround from Tehcnics - 7 yrs old dipoles. I am looking to more HT-BD, DVD's and some music use with Jazz, Latin and Hard Rock as the main music sources. Any information about the better choice for my HT room is appreciated.

My room is as follows:
14 x 12 but open in the back into the living room & Kitchen - all told 42 feet in length by 14 ft wide and one side open in the back into an indoor patio with a cathedral ceiling 22ft high and the foyer room -not the ideal room, but it is what it is...

I currently feel there is a lot of sound bleeding in the back open side of the indoor patio on the left surround, hoping a targeted rather than dipole will relieve some of that loss. The sound field for surround is not sharp on that side.

Front setup is on stand at about 3 feet high
Surrounds are on wall mount at about 6 feet high

Any lower will prove difficult since I have two toddlers that would love to hang from them or some other fun stuff with stuff hung on the wall.

Also, any feedback on the receiver as a capable power source? I just got the SONY STR-DG1100 in Costco for $450 Close out, so it seememd to good to pass up given I have a Blu-Ray VAIO and a Bravia KDL-46VL130 and theatre sync was very attractive. I see a Onkyo 805 at JR MW for $699, can send my sony to the ebay bin if not adequate for the Kef's...jejejeje

I am trying to decide, one review from Cnet, I know, not the best HT rating source kind of put the 3005SE's as better than the 5005's over all...and the coupon only lasts until the end of the month...

Regards,
Quique

Does anyone knows the answer? Because i do have the same problem!
post #1563 of 6780 Old 11-28-2008, 10:59 AM

I have the 3005 series and at times it's challenging to hear the dialog in movies, particularly with deeper male voices. Otherwise I'm delighted with the setup that includes a 200w Rotel RMB-1095 amp and a Rotel processor.

It's been suggested on this thread that I change the center channel to an iQ2c or an iQ6c. The iQ6c costs about the same as the htc3001 center that came with the 3005 series, but the iQ2c costs half as much. I'm a relative novice so I don't understand how the iQ2c would sound better than the htc3001 when it costs half as much. Can anyone enlighten me, or am I getting bad advice?

I would gladly spring for the iQ6c, but it's really larger than I'd like and aesthetically won't be that great. The center is on the wall over a 60-inch plasma.

I could use some advice.

Would the iQ2c truly perform better than the current htc3001 at half the price?
Would the iQ6c be a significant improvement and match well with the rest of the 3005?

I don't listen to music on the system; it's mostly for movies and some gaming.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Ken
post #1564 of 6780 Old 11-29-2008, 01:31 PM

Did anyone take advantage of the clearance sale on the 3005's at CC? They were going for 1/4 of their normal price, but they're out of stock now.
post #1565 of 6780 Old 11-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post

I have the 3005 series and at times it's challenging to hear the dialog in movies, particularly with deeper male voices. Otherwise I'm delighted with the setup that includes a 200w Rotel RMB-1095 amp and a Rotel processor.

It's been suggested on this thread that I change the center channel to an iQ2c or an iQ6c. The iQ6c costs about the same as the htc3001 center that came with the 3005 series, but the iQ2c costs half as much. I'm a relative novice so I don't understand how the iQ2c would sound better than the htc3001 when it costs half as much. Can anyone enlighten me, or am I getting bad advice?

I would gladly spring for the iQ6c, but it's really larger than I'd like and aesthetically won't be that great. The center is on the wall over a 60-inch plasma.

I could use some advice.

Would the iQ6c be a significant improvement and match well with the rest of the 3005?

I don't listen to music on the system; it's mostly for movies and some gaming.

Ken

Two simple things to try:

Tilt the center so that it is firing directly at you when you're seated.

After you've balanced the levels of the speakers, increase the center channel by 2-3 db's.

After that, it's room treatments. But these are easy to try first.

Little Loft Home Theater
post #1566 of 6780 Old 11-30-2008, 01:34 AM

would just like to say that I just recently set my system up after getting it... 2 Iq 9's, 1 iq 6c center... 4 iq 1's for surround (only 2 set up atm) and a klipsch rsw10d sub...

so far I am incredibly impressed with these speakers . I am driving them with an 8 year old onkyo 75 watt per channel receiver. I am getting a new denon 789 receiver next week... which will be 90 watts per channel. probably not noticable but it will have the hdmi input capabilities for getting the best pcm surround audio off blu rays ( i have a ps3)

I would just like to say these speakers rock... I still think the center and surround needs adjusting though... but i am hoping audyseey might help some.

These speakers are so good my family is literally digging up all of our old cd's and relistening to them... we are rewatching movies just to hear the sound... we are sitting on the couch and simply staring in awe
post #1567 of 6780 Old 11-30-2008, 01:58 AM

just curious if anyone happens to know... will any of KEF's in wall speakers match the set i got timbre wise ? it has to do with the tweeter right? I looked on vanns and there are 7 different ones but they all look next generation matched but I am unsure.
post #1568 of 6780 Old 11-30-2008, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
First time poster in the KEF. I had a chance to hear the KEF3005SE at a high end store yesterday. I pretty much loved them. Right now I have a yamaha sound bar and a svs pb+2. Love the sub hate the bar. Would this sytem rock a 10x12x^9? This would be my first real HT. Would it be smart to go with 7.1 now and get it over or in such a small room it will over power? Any info woud be great...
post #1569 of 6780 Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 AM

I already buy KEF KHT3005SE. What should i buy for AV Receiver (onkyo 606/706)? What is the the factor you choose one of those AV Reciever?

post #1570 of 6780 Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_edd View Post

I already buy KEF KHT3005SE. What should i buy for AV Receiver (onkyo 606/706)? What is the the factor you choose one of those AV Reciever?

First of all, the speakers do not dictate what receiver is appropriate. Any receiver will drive these speakers just fine and, practically speaking, there will not be any discernible difference in sound quality.

You should shop for a receiver based upon the features YOU need in a receiver.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #1571 of 6780 Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post

I have the 3005 series and at times it’s challenging to hear the dialog in movies, particularly with deeper male voices. Otherwise I’m delighted with the setup that includes a 200w Rotel RMB-1095 amp and a Rotel processor.

It’s been suggested on this thread that I change the center channel to an iQ2c or an iQ6c. The iQ6c costs about the same as the htc3001 center that came with the 3005 series, but the iQ2c costs half as much. I’m a relative novice so I don’t understand how the iQ2c would sound better than the htc3001 when it costs half as much. Can anyone enlighten me, or am I getting bad advice?

I would gladly spring for the iQ6c, but it’s really larger than I’d like and aesthetically won’t be that great. The center is on the wall over a 60-inch plasma.

I could use some advice.

I don’t listen to music on the system; it’s mostly for movies and some gaming.

Ken

I wouldn't at all try to correlate price with performance. The relative pricing is irrelevant. The 3005 satellites/center, when sold separately, are probably more expensive because they are a very specific specialty need and KEF knows they can ask/get more for them. Besides, the iQ6c and iQ2c are deeply discounted at close-out prices right now as the newer iQ series speakers have recently become available.

I've never compared them, but I suspect that, with your amp, the iQ2c will offer significantly better performance than the 3005 center and I would think, when paired with the 3005 satellites, it would suffice and may perhaps even be more appropriate than the iQ6c. But BOTH the iQ2c and iQ6c should match up very well, if not perfectly, timbre-wise with the 3005 satellites.

The iQ6c is the same height as, only 3.5" wider, and less than 1.5" deeper than the iQ2c. Is that difference really too much?

Another option you may want to seriously consider if it might be more aesthetically compatible is buying a pair of iQ1s and using one of them for your center channel speaker. It will work just as well as an iQ2c and quite possibly even better. There have been recent posters here who were interested in using a lone iQ1 as their center speaker so you may be able to find someone to split the pair with you.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #1572 of 6780 Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notig View Post

just curious if anyone happens to know... will any of KEF's in wall speakers match the set i got timbre wise ? it has to do with the tweeter right? I looked on vanns and there are 7 different ones but they all look next generation matched but I am unsure.

I'm not sure which model(s) you are specifically interested in, notig, but if they have the .75" aluminum dome tweeter they will likely match very well with any speakers featuring the same tweeter (such as the iQs). Where are you considering using the in-walls? If it is for surround duty, even though it is still important, timbre-matching is (generally) much less important.

post #1573 of 6780 Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSSues View Post

First time poster in the KEF. I had a chance to hear the KEF3005SE at a high end store yesterday. I pretty much loved them. Right now I have a yamaha sound bar and a svs pb+2. Love the sub hate the bar. Would this sytem rock a 10x12x^9? This would be my first real HT. Would it be smart to go with 7.1 now and get it over or in such a small room it will over power? Any info woud be great...

Having a 'real' surround setup as opposed to the bar will probably be an improvement and the 3005s are anice small satellite system if that is what you require.

I don't know if you intend to use the KEF sub, but your current sub is probably a better sub.

Whether you want to go ahead and get 7.1 over 5.1 is just a decision you are going to have to make. If you are the type of person who is prone to second guessing yourself, you may want to go ahead and get 7.1. But you WILL be very happy with only a 5.1 setup. Personally, I am very content with mine. With a cozy room like that I would think that 5.1 would make you plenty happy. The move up from the bar to the 5 separate speakers would be a MUCH larger leap in performance than would be simply going from 5 to 7 speakers.

post #1574 of 6780 Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:

First of all, the speakers do not dictate what receiver is appropriate. Any receiver will drive these speakers just fine and, practically speaking, there will not be any discernible difference in sound quality.

You should shop for a receiver based upon the features YOU need in a receiver.

Thank you for the answer.
post #1575 of 6780 Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

So I've been a Klipsch owner and picked up a new pair of VF-35s to replace my old satellites.

While I am happy with the sound, I was considering auditioning a pair of KEF fronts at a similiar price point to compare. (700 dollars or so for the pair). Whatever I'm happiest with I would end up keeping.

Question is - Which KEF models should I be looking at? The one thing that I'm noticing is that when I put the new 35's in my room, it's very bright and in my face. I guess I should expect this being in a smaller living room condo. I'm hearing though that the KEFs are going to be a bit softer and a 'smoother' sound.

Can anyone provide some info on models I can look at, what to expect if I was to replace my VF35 mains?

I currently have the Onkyo 605 and the Klipsch Sub 10 and Quintet III surrounds.
post #1576 of 6780 Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger View Post

Can anyone provide some info on models I can look at, what to expect if I was to replace my VF35 mains?

The iQ tower models that are currently available at the close-out prices are the iQ5s, iQ7s, and iQ9s. If you can afford the iQ9s (and it seems you can), that's probably what you should be considering.

As far as being "softer and 'smoother'", they probably are 'smoother' and more refined than the Klipsch's, but many people do still find them to be bright speakers.

post #1577 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:

As far as being "softer and 'smoother'", they probably are 'smoother' and more refined than the Klipsch's, but many people do still find them to be bright speakers.

By the way, would it be correct to say that equalization provided by Audyssey or similar systems should moot the question of brightness/warmth/etc. of the speakers?
post #1578 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurukk View Post

By the way, would it be correct to say that equalization provided by Audyssey or similar systems should moot the question of brightness/warmth/etc. of the speakers?

I do not know a whole lot about how Audyssey works or the options available as far as how much is applied to the speakers. There is a huge thread dedicated entirely to Audyssey in the receiver sub-forum that covers this topic, though.

Personally, I would NOT want Audyssey to alter the characteristic sound of my speakers AT ALL. The subtleties are what distinguish one speaker from another. I think that Audyssey can be used such that it doesn't alter the midrange and above frequencies; only the lower frequencies, which I would be a little more comfortable with.

post #1579 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 AM

I just bought my second set of the 3005's. I had the originals but my house got broken into and took the sub,center,front and left. These guys left the two rears. So on Saturday I bought the 3005se my question is now that I have a 7.1 were should I put the original satellites? In front,side sorround or rear sourround? Did KEF improve on the se satellites or they are the same?
post #1580 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Personally, I would NOT want Audyssey to alter the characteristic sound of my speakers AT ALL. The subtleties are what distinguish one speaker from another. I think that Audyssey can be used such that it doesn't alter the midrange and above frequencies; only the lower frequencies, which I would be a little more comfortable with.

As far as I understand, the purpose of Audyssey is mainly to compensate for the problems of the room, but it is obviously impossible to distinguish room problems from speaker problems. If there's a node in the room response at some frequency or a dip in the frequency response of a speaker, Audyssey will compensate, aiming at a flat response. It also compensates for time delays, which, it seems to me, results in better sound placement.

I personally want flat response. I don't want my speakers to alter the characteristic sound of a recording.
post #1581 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

As far as I understand, the purpose of Audyssey is mainly to compensate for the problems of the room, but it is obviously impossible to distinguish room problems from speaker problems. If there's a node in the room response at some frequency or a dip in the frequency response of a speaker, Audyssey will compensate, aiming at a flat response. It also compensates for time delays, which, it seems to me, results in better sound placement.

Most of the room issues you are really concerned about occur at the lower frequencies and involve the interactions between your speakers and sub and room at those lower frequencies. Which is why Audyssey does most of its heavy-handed work at the lower frequencies. As I pointed out, you can read quite a bit about this in the Audyssey thread. And it is discussed in other speaker threads, too.

Quote:

I personally want flat response. I don't want my speakers to alter the characteristic sound of a recording.

But speakers DO impart some sort of characteristic "sound" to a recording. That's why there are so many different speaker manufacturers and that is the basis for our individual preferences in speakers. Personally, I'm glad that speakers sound 'different'. Variety is the spice of life. Vanilla ice cream tastes good, but coconut almond fudge tastes better (to me). Sure, all of our rooms and setups affect the sound of our speakers, but I want my speakers to at least have the baseline sound that the engineers designed them to have. Not what Audyssey forces them to have. That said, the FR is not the only thing that dictates the "sound" of a speaker.

I'm sure you or I could start a new thread regarding whether we want Audyssey to flatten our speakers' responses at frequencies higher than 300Hz or so and it would probably spark quite a bit of lively discussion.

post #1582 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Sure, all of our rooms and setups affect the sound of our speakers, but I want my speakers to at least have the baseline sound that the engineers designed them to have. Not what Audyssey forces them to have. That said, the FR is not the only thing that dictates the "sound" of a speaker.

I agree it's somewhat off-topic and of course people like different things. But seriously, don't you want a recording to sound as close as possible to the original? Deliberately using nonlinear speakers seems like going to a concert with an equalizer attached to your ears.
post #1583 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Having a 'real' surround setup as opposed to the bar will probably be an improvement and the 3005s are anice small satellite system if that is what you require.

I don't know if you intend to use the KEF sub, but your current sub is probably a better sub.

Whether you want to go ahead and get 7.1 over 5.1 is just a decision you are going to have to make. If you are the type of person who is prone to second guessing yourself, you may want to go ahead and get 7.1. But you WILL be very happy with only a 5.1 setup. Personally, I am very content with mine. With a cozy room like that I would think that 5.1 would make you plenty happy. The move up from the bar to the 5 separate speakers would be a MUCH larger leap in performance than would be simply going from 5 to 7 speakers.

Thanks for your time....
post #1584 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

But seriously, don't you want a recording to sound as close as possible to the original?

Well, what do you mean? How does the original "sound"? Do you want it to sounds like a live, unmic'd performance? Indoors or out? From which row? Center or off to the side? Or do you want it to sound like a live, amplified (and, yes, EQ'd) concert? Indoors or out? Where in the arena/stadium? Floor or nosebleed? Or do you want it to sound like what the engineer heard with his particular speakers in his particular editing room with his particular ears? Either way, perfectly flat speakers or a flat in-room FR are not going to assure any of that, necessarily.

Any recording, live or not, is going to have been recorded and manipulated in some way by an engineer (or engineers). Even a recording of an orchestra with 2 or 3 mics has to be engineered and mastered (and even mixed if it is a 3 mic recording). A "live" arena or stadium rock concert recording is not made simply with 2 microphones. It is usually matrixed from both several audience microphones and a soundboard feed. It is recorded, mixed, and mastered by engineers. And a studio recording is, of course, very heavily manipulated, so there really is no "original".

But no matter what sort of recording it is, if you want to hear it exactly like the engineer heard it in the editing room, you won't. Most recordings are not engineered in an entirely neutral environment (it's not an anechoic chamber) and the engineer uses speakers which, no matter how hard he may try to avoid it, DO have a characteristic sound. Besides, everyone hears differently and we don't hear "flat", anyway.

Quote:

Deliberately using nonlinear speakers seems like going to a concert with an equalizer attached to your ears.

Sometimes, with some of the shows I've been to, I WISH I had an EQ attached to my ears!

Even in an anechoic chamber, is there a speaker that measures absolutely perfectly flat? Even if there was, would it sound the same to you and me in there? No, we all hear differently. Do all speakers sound the same to you in your home? Would any one particular speaker sound the same to you in different rooms?

So, should you use EQ to alter a speaker's response so that it measures as flat as possible no matter the conditions or situation? I don't know the 'correct' answer and do not think there is one. As I said, personally, I do not want my speakers' characteristic sound to be heavy-handedly altered by equalization. Treat the room, alter the speaker's positioning, etc., but don't alter my speakers' sound. I'm sure others feel differently.

Does everyone like the sound of a perfectly flat response, anyway? You'd be surprised. I think that's why Audyssey includes other settings besides 'flat'. And a perfectly flat response alone still does not guarantee a neutral speaker, if that is what you are after. If everyone preferred the same exact sound, speaker manufacturers would go out of business.

Want me to start a thread? I think it'd be interesting.

post #1585 of 6780 Old 12-02-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:

Want me to start a thread? I think it'd be interesting.

Yes, this is interesting; go ahead and start a thread. A related question would be what a "good speaker" means scientifically. (What else to measure except the frequency response?)

Quote:

Or do you want it to sound like a live, amplified (and, yes, EQ'd) concert? Indoors or out? Where in the arena/stadium? Floor or nosebleed? Or do you want it to sound like what the engineer heard with his particular speakers in his particular editing room with his particular ears? Either way, perfectly flat speakers or a flat in-room FR are not going to assure any of that, necessarily.

I only listen to classical music, where concerts are neither amplified or EQ'd. I assume the engineer has unlimited budget and can do whatever he wants with the sound. I'm pretty sure he will try to optimize for flat speakers at the reproduction end. I understand that I'll never have the same sound as the guy in the concert hall, but flat response probably gives me the best possible approximation to experience the best recordings at their best.

For movies I wouldn't obsess too much, but I think I hear a notable improvement in the bass response and sound placement after Audyssey calibration. I didn't do a careful comparison though.

To make it less off-topic, I use KEF IQ9, IQ6c, IQ1 and a PSB Subseries 6i subwoofer for a 5.1 setup. Just tried my first SACD with bitstreamed DSD over HDMI. I never thought music can sound so good at home.
post #1586 of 6780 Old 12-03-2008, 08:56 PM

Tomorrow my new speakers arrive. I already am using a KEF 3005SE setup for my home theater. I will be receiving a pair of XQ40s and an XQ50 center channel tomorrow. I had originally thought of using the XQ40s for the main fronts, using the XQ50 for the center channel, using the 3005SE satellites that are currently serving as fronts as rear surround speakers (so I would have a 7.1 setup), and storing the 3005SE center channel in the closet. But it has occurred to me that with my receiver, I could instead keep my two front 3005SEs were they are, put the XQ40s along side them, use the XQ50 for the center channel, and move the 3005SE center channel to back (so I would have a 6.1 setup). I could then program the 6.1 3005SE + XQ50 setup as my "Speaker A" arrangement, and the XQ40s by themselves as the "Speaker B" arrangement. The "Speaker A" arrangement would be used for home theater, and the "Speaker B" arrangement would be used for music (mostly classical). This way, I would not be mixing my XQ40s with my 3005SEs (I would only be adding the XQ50 center channel to the 3005SEs). Any thoughts as to which is the better approach? FYI, I am using an Onkyo TX-NR906. Thanks.
post #1587 of 6780 Old 12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartucci View Post

Tomorrow my new speakers arrive. I already am using a KEF 3005SE setup for my home theater. I will be receiving a pair of XQ40s and an XQ50 center channel tomorrow. I had originally thought of using the XQ40s for the main fronts, using the XQ50 for the center channel, using the 3005SE satellites that are currently serving as fronts as rear surround speakers (so I would have a 7.1 setup), and storing the 3005SE center channel in the closet. But it has occurred to me that with my receiver, I could instead keep my two front 3005SEs were they are, put the XQ40s along side them, use the XQ50 for the center channel, and move the 3005SE center channel to back (so I would have a 6.1 setup). I could then program the 6.1 3005SE + XQ50 setup as my "Speaker A" arrangement, and the XQ40s by themselves as the "Speaker B" arrangement. The "Speaker A" arrangement would be used for home theater, and the "Speaker B" arrangement would be used for music (mostly classical). This way, I would not be mixing my XQ40s with my 3005SEs (I would only be adding the XQ50 center channel to the 3005SEs). Any thoughts as to which is the better approach? FYI, I am using an Onkyo TX-NR906. Thanks.

OMG!!!! You have GOT to be kidding me! Honestly, I do not see ANYTHING beneficial in your proposed 'twin configuration'. Your logic escapes me. Why on earth would you NOT want to use the matching XQ front soundstage that you now have? You're saying you would prefer to use the 3005s with only the XQ50 as the center? Sacrilege! And that is somehow OK, yet using the XQ40s along with the XQ50 would "be mixing my XQ40s with my 3005SEs"? Jeez! I don't care whether you run a 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 system, USE those new speakers for your multichannel listening, my friend. A matching front soundstage is perhaps THE most important thing to have in a HT setup. There is nothing at all wrong with using the 3005s as your surrounds, whether it be 2, 3, or 4 of them. But using the XQ50 as the center between a pair of 3005s while the XQ40s sit idle is just plain silly. What a waste! Why would you NOT want to use them in your HT? Do you think they will get 'used up'?

post #1588 of 6780 Old 12-03-2008, 11:17 PM

Hello I just bought the 3005se and the satellites come with a sponge in the back. I am supposed to leave it or remove it? I was thinking of removing it as it makes sense letting air flow go through. 3005se owners please help.
post #1589 of 6780 Old 12-04-2008, 06:30 AM

what do you think would be a better fit:???

KEF iQ5 & iQ6c
or
KEF iQ7 & iQ6c

I like all both setups...
post #1590 of 6780 Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 353
If you can afford either, go for the iQ7 and iQ6.

Afro GT
Reply Speakers

Tags
Kef , Kef Audio , Kef Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Center Channel Speaker , Kef C4 Subwoofer Black , Kef Q100bl Bookshelf Speaker , Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System , Kef Q700wa Floorstanding Speaker , Kef T Series Floor Stand Pair
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page