NHT classic speakers HT set ups? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-03-2006, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering using the new NHT speakers for my home theater. I almost did this before but backed out for a variety of reasons. (none of them being sound) I want to know, from the people who have them in HT set ups ,would a system consisting of a four, three center and threes for surrounds with a nice sub for lfe effects and serve better than a 4 threes ands three center with U2 subs.

I am unsure how low the fours go in room (23 x 18 with a sloped ceiling going from 8 feet to 16 feet). I cannot imagine that a sub would not help them? I would like your opinions on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

There is a huge thread on these speakers elsewhere on the forum. Suggest you PM Alimental since he appears to be the most knowledgable person on these speakers, or repost your question on the thread.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 PM

I'm running classic 3 fronts, 3C center, AZ surround + .1 HSU Research VTF 3 Mk3 sub

My room, similar to yours, has vaulted ceiling (fronts is at apex, rears are the short wall). Similar room size or larger, my LR / DR / Kitchen all "in line".

I've had em for a couple of months now (sub for less time) and simply cry when i have to go to bed and turn them off. Music, movies, its all good.

I didn't want the cost nor floorspace demands of the 4's. And I knew the sub was in my plans.

Conformist to a point: Gear is listed in my profile, not in my signature.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page