Official MK - Miller & Kreisel Thread?!? - Page 129 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36Likes

post #3841 of 3847 Old Today, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hey Jacob, not a dealer just love MK but I do have access to all their products through the UK distributor as he is a good friend.

Marantz AV7702, Anthem Statement A5,Lyngdorf TDAi 2170, MK Sound MPS 300 LCR,MK Sound S300T's, MK Sound V12 x 2,Oppo 103,Sonos ZP90,Qnap TS112 NAS,PanasonicTXP50GT60.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 3847 Old Today, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmagnus View Post
Hey Jacob, not a dealer just love MK but I do have access to all their products through the UK distributor as he is a good friend.
Yes I know - I was referring to YOUR dealer (Rob), as the one convincing me :-)
richmagnus likes this.
post #3843 of 3847 Old Today, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob B View Post
I am also in the planing process for Atmos. I have four SS150THX for side and rear surrounds and had been considering the iw-85 or 95 as well. Richmagnus' M&K dealer has convinced me to try my four ss150thx in the ceiling for Atmos and buy 4 new S150T fo the lower surrounds.
He also said the iw-150 has the best dispersion of all the in walls (but not near the tripoles) due to the arrangement of the three tweeters.
Very interesting! Since Atmos ceiling speakers are effect speakers, and not even discrete channels unless playing a film specifically encoded with Atmos, it seems like you would be moving your best speakers out of the channels you would want them in. I do understand that the S-150T gives great dispersion as tripoles.

PLEASE let me know how this turns out for you! I think your experience here will be most helpful for the rest of us.
jlcichocki likes this.
post #3844 of 3847 Old Today, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dotur View Post
Very interesting! Since Atmos ceiling speakers are effect speakers, and not even discrete channels unless playing a film specifically encoded with Atmos, it seems like you would be moving your best speakers out of the channels you would want them in. I do understand that the S-150T gives great dispersion as tripoles.

PLEASE let me know how this turns out for you! I think your experience here will be most helpful for the rest of us.
I think you misunderstood me.
The SS150THX is the older M&K tripole surround speaker, while the S150T is the new owner's - MK Sound (Now M&K Sound) - replacement tripole surround speaker.

So I will be moving My older model tripoles to the ceiling and placing the newest and better speakers low.
post #3845 of 3847 Old Today, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Huh... I didn't think the S-150T's were better than the SS-150, even though they are newer, but I certainly could be wrong. (I have the SS-150's myself for my surrounds) Please do let us know how it goes for you!
post #3846 of 3847 Old Today, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dotur View Post
Huh... I didn't think the S-150T's were better than the SS-150, even though they are newer, but I certainly could be wrong. (I have the SS-150's myself for my surrounds) Please do let us know how it goes for you!
It is only what I have been told by users of both models, I haven't had a chance to test them against each other myself.
I read somewhere, I thing it was on avforums, that someone who had upgraded to Mk sound S150 mkii LCR felt they didn't blend as well with the SS150THX as with the S150T, so he upgraded the tripoles as well.

Last edited by Jacob B; Today at 11:39 AM.
post #3847 of 3847 Old Today, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Yes the S150T's have better drivers in them than the old plus a more inert cabinet. Don't get me wrong the SS150's are brilliant and would not need to be upgraded unless you went for the 300T's.

Marantz AV7702, Anthem Statement A5,Lyngdorf TDAi 2170, MK Sound MPS 300 LCR,MK Sound S300T's, MK Sound V12 x 2,Oppo 103,Sonos ZP90,Qnap TS112 NAS,PanasonicTXP50GT60.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page