Official MK - Miller & Kreisel Thread?!? - Page 145 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 189Likes

Old 10-28-2016, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac32 View Post
Well I can't speak for everyone but Marantz has a 11 channel atmos reciever called the avr 8802a that I am going to use in my setup and I have only read solid reviews about it. so that is one option. Good luck
Just to be clear, the 8802a is a preamp not a receiver. Receivers have built in amplification, preamps don't.
Dave Vaughn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2016, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac32 View Post
Well I can't speak for everyone but Marantz has a 11 channel atmos reciever called the avr 8802a that I am going to use in my setup and I have only read solid reviews about it. so that is one option. Good luck
Dear kac32,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Have you heard these speaker so far. Do they still hold good for today's standard???. Is the price reasonable ???
Regards,
John
Old 10-30-2016, 01:39 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post
Just to be clear, the 8802a is a preamp not a receiver. Receivers have built in amplification, preamps don't.
Dear Showmanick,
Thanks for the clarification. Do these speakers still hold good for today's standard???. Is the price reasonable ???
Regards,
John
Old 10-30-2016, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrabi1983 View Post
Dear Showmanick,
Thanks for the clarification. Do these speakers still hold good for today's standard???. Is the price reasonable ???
Regards,
John
It's been a long time since I've heard the 5000THX's. While I think they are good speakers and the price seems reasonable I don't feel comfortable giving a recommendation regarding these questions.

I just wanted to be sure people weren't buying a preamp without realizing they would need separate amplification.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:31 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrabi1983 View Post
Dear kac32,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Have you heard these speaker so far. Do they still hold good for today's standard???. Is the price reasonable ???
Regards,
John
Hi again,

Showmanic is correct the 8802a is a preamp and does not have built in amplification. There are options out there today that offer 11 chanel receivers Yamaha is one that comes to mind.

No I have not heard them yet. The room is still being constructed. I made the purchase based off reviews both here and elsewhere and in trade journals. I can say I have handled all of them and they are substantial speakers, immaculately crafted and heavy. They are gorgeous to behold and really will work well in a baffle wall which the wife factor insisted on (no wires in sight or on the floor). Rich Magnus really helped alot from these forums in our choice of these speakers and the baffle wall but it was mainly the sheer number of wow factor reviews from people using these speakers for home theater. I became convinced that most mk sound fans will never use anything else. I am also a Von Schweikert speaker fan I will never use anything else either so I can relate to that feeling. As far as the price? Well, they are expensive as any top of the line item will/should be. But I just know they are worth it but I cant attest to that till January or February when we move in. But for me, I have no doubt the sound will be exceptional.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 961 Post(s)
Liked: 160
I'm thinking of getting the LCR-950. Does it throw a huge soundstage? I'll be placing the center below my projection screen. Will it sound as if dialogue far detached from the screen?
Old 11-09-2016, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
I'm thinking of getting the LCR-950. Does it throw a huge soundstage? I'll be placing the center below my projection screen. Will it sound as if dialogue far detached from the screen?

The LCR 950 is an excellent speaker. As long as you don't have too large of a room.

We have used the 950's in many installs.

This is an MK IW950/X10 Atmos 5.2.4 install we have just about finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave Vaughn likes this.

Denon 7200,Lyngdorf TDAi 2170, Lyngdorf SDA 400's, MK MP300 LCR,MK S300T's, MK S150mk2 FH,S150T TM,Dual MK X10, Oppo 103,Sonos ZP90, Sony 65XD9305
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Speaker Systems