Official MK - Miller & Kreisel Thread?!? - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #631 of 3676 Old 12-10-2007, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mike, I'm pretty much in your situation and will probably try some Audyssey receiver out in the near future.

Audyssey is not perfect, but I do think it can make things better. The best thing is of course to adress the problems in the room, but many of us uses the living room as HT...

Hope the problem can be solved, if it does not sound good, thats not good. A small rule of thumb I have...

/Chuck

'Musicality' is the last refuge of a tweak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 3676 Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPines View Post

Yeah, I guess you are right. Dang, I hate it when you are right!

The other side of the coin is THX Ultra cinema obviously cannot be run in direct mode. So, you will have no cinema re-EQ and you will be limited to 5.1 on most soruces instead of 6.1 or 7.1. As cool as the idea is to run in direct mode, I don' think it is practical.

Mike

Ahh, young jedi, you might be mistaken here... Unless THX Ultra has different crossover frequency, all you have to do is run two BNC Mini's. And they will prefectly match the filters in your S-150s
post #633 of 3676 Old 12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I currently have 5 S-150's in a 5.1 system and I think they sound great without any EQ. I recently got an Onkyo TX-SR805 AVR with Audyssey in it. Of course, part of Audyssey is EQ to make the system sound flat. After the Audyssey calibration runs, the EQ applied does not seem to make my system sound better. Instead, it seems to make everything bright and shrill sounding. I don't have a spectrum analyzer to figure out exactly what has happened with the EQ and there is no way to see the details in the AVR.

Does anyone know why this would have happened? Are the S-150's really that far off from flat and now I have simply become accustom to their sound? This does not sound flat to me but maybe I really don't know what flat sounds like. I figured the S-150's would be pretty close to flat without EQ so I am actually surprised the sound has changed this much.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Nobody in the TX-SR805 seems to know. Most people just say I am hearing flat frequency response for the first time and I don't like it. I am not ruling that out but it seems like something else is going on here. Does anyone else have a similar set-up?

Any input would be appreciated.

Mike

Mike,

How many different places (seats) did you EQ with Audyssey, I have Audyssey and can EQ up to 8 different positions. I have tried with 6 and 8 and 8 seems to tweak things a little better. If you are not using at least 6 different spots I would try this and see what happens.

This is from Audyssey's FAQ...

Quote:
How many listening locations can be measured?
The equalization performance increases with the number of measurements. Audyssey recommends a minimum of 4 with most rooms performing best with 6 measurements. The maximum number of measurements is limited by the available memory in the receiver or controller and in some products can go up to 8.

Does the microphone have to be placed in each seat?
No. The ideal calibration consists of 6 to 8 measurements that encompass the listening area. It is important to have the microphone in the "main" listening position for the first measurement so that the delays are calculated correctly. After that, the mic should be moved around so that it covers an area within which listeners will be seated.

post #634 of 3676 Old 12-11-2007, 06:29 AM

I have the Onkyo 805, 3 S1-C's in the front, MX-125, etc., and I found that Audyssey tightens up the base response but makes listening completely unenjoyable because the sub is down about 12 db. Levels are about the same as my SPL meter indicates, but I don't know if the readings are accurate in the base frequencies.

Direct Mode is useless for me without base management, so I use Stereo mode.

I turned Audyssey off, and maybe it's just me, but I found the sound to be more detailed with it off, and certainly more enjoyable with a little more kick in the base. Is my response flat with my room acoustics? I don't know but when I realized I was getting analysis paralysis, I just went with what sounded the best, and enjoyed the music, and forgot about the speakers. At some point you say, good enough.
post #635 of 3676 Old 12-11-2007, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwi View Post

I have the Onkyo 805, 3 S1-C's in the front, MX-125, etc., and I found that Audyssey tightens up the base response but makes listening completely unenjoyable because the sub is down about 12 db. Levels are about the same as my SPL meter indicates, but I don't know if the readings are accurate in the base frequencies.

I turned Audyssey off, and maybe it's just me, but I found the sound to be more detailed with it off, and certainly more enjoyable with a little more kick in the base. Is my response flat with my room acoustics? I don't know but when I realized I was getting analysis paralysis, I just went with what sounded the best, and enjoyed the music, and forgot about the speakers. At some point you say, good enough.

You and me both.

Chet
post #636 of 3676 Old 12-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcho View Post

Ahh, young jedi, you might be mistaken here... Unless THX Ultra has different crossover frequency, all you have to do is run two BNC Mini's. And they will prefectly match the filters in your S-150s

Ahh, but as a Jedi Master you should know that in addition to the crossover settings of the AVR, all THX movie sound modes employ re-EQ for the front channels as well as timbre matching, decorrelation and steering for the surround channels. If you turn on direct mode, you will get nothing but direct sound from the soundrack without any bass management, corrective re-EQ (films will sound too bright) or the benefits of enhanced surround channel playback (Surround EX, etc). IE, no 7.1 from 5.1 sources.

So no, direct mode doesn't work well for film soundtracks (2 channel or 5.1). However, with a separate bass management piece in the rack, music could be quite enjoyable in direct mode. Of course, if you do want to do any kind of corrective EQ, that would have to be done in a separate piece as well.

Mike
post #637 of 3676 Old 12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter67 View Post

Mike,

How many different places (seats) did you EQ with Audyssey, I have Audyssey and can EQ up to 8 different positions. I have tried with 6 and 8 and 8 seems to tweak things a little better. If you are not using at least 6 different spots I would try this and see what happens.

This is from Audyssey's FAQ...

Thanks for your thoughts. The most I used was 4. I understand what they are saying which is basically to get the best overall average sound quality in a room, you need to measure in more positions so Audyssey can average out the inverse filter it creates. This avoides creating an inverse filter that is good for one particular position in the room but could be totally wrong for the rest of the room.

I will try more positions but I don't think this will help with the problem I am having of an overly bright presentation in the primary listening position.

Mike
post #638 of 3676 Old 12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwi View Post

Cool, you have the same AVR as I do!

It says in the 805 manual that THX actually recommends you manually calibrate the sub after the Audyssey calibration because it does not handle the sub well. I have heard that many mics (including many of those in SPL meters) have a low frequency roll-off and will cause the sub to be set approximately 3db too high. Supposedly, the mic that comes with the 805 has been calibrated and Audyssey is taking it's limitations into account when it creates the corrective EQ. However, I tend to like +3db to +6db more volume in the sub channel. I don't know if this is due to the mic limitations or I just like bass.

I hear what you are saying about just enjoying the gear and I agree but to many of us, this hobby is about tweaking and squeezing the last bit of performance we can get out of our systems. This is fun and educational to me. I guess I will stop worrying about it or messing with it at the point when it is no longer fun.

Mike
post #639 of 3676 Old 12-17-2007, 03:19 PM

Hi All -

Very glad I found this thread I've got a 5 or 6 year old M&K 350 sub that's starting to have some problems. Specifically, the sub's output is very low, unless I wiggle the Phase switch just a bit. If I wiggle the Phase switch "just right", the volume comes back fine, but will then occasionally cut out again. The other switches and knobs on the amp seem okay.

Can anyone recommend some advice? By the looks of the new M&K web site, it doesn't appear that the new company is quite ready to handle repair issues just yet. I'm not adverse to taking the back off the 350 to see if maybe there's just a bad solder joint on the Phase switch (or something else that might be an easy fix), but I worry about zapping the heck out of myself with whatever gigantic capacitors might be lurking inside this beast. Any thoughts you guys have would be very welcome. Thanks!

The Learned Lurker
I've been here since 2001. You just didn't know it!
post #640 of 3676 Old 12-18-2007, 06:18 AM

Barry Ober, aka Soundoctor, may be able to help you. He had a thread here on AVS that described the way to safely clean the switches, etc on M&Ks plate amps. You can search for that thread or contact Barry directly for the procedure. As I recall, the guy who followed the procedure fixed his sub with minimal effort.
post #641 of 3676 Old 12-18-2007, 08:41 AM

wjr858 -

Ahh, I see some posts over in the "Subwoofer, Bass, and Tranducers" section. Doh! I didn't even think to look over there!

Many thanks

The Learned Lurker
I've been here since 2001. You just didn't know it!
post #642 of 3676 Old 12-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

I just thought I would post an update to my Audyssey EQ problem.

I have made a major breakthrough! I never thought I would get past the harsh metallic grating sound of my first several attempts but I did. I wanted to post what the problem was and what my work-around was just in case others are also having this problem.

My center channel speaker sits beneath my TV near the floor. It is angled up to the listener's ear position so it sounds fine when sitting at the couch but this caused problems during calibration. The problem is that the base of the mic provided with the Onkyo is very large and after it is mounted on a tripod and pointed directly at the ceiling (per the instructions), the sound coming from the center channel is nearly totally obscured by the base of the mic and the tripod. This causes sound from the center channel to not "graze" the mic correctly which I suspected caused a high frequency roll-off during measurement that Audyssey was trying to correct for by boosting the highs! This definitely seems to have been my problem.

I found that if I angled the mic on the tripod so the mic opening was at a 90 degree angle with the center speaker baffle, the sound could perfectly graze the mic opening. The result was a MUCH smoother, more natural calibration in the center channel without any of the brittle, metallic character of prior calibrations.

The next problem was, my left and right channels are mounted higher on the wall flanking my screen and the center is under the screen quite a bit (several feet under the left and right channels). I know this is not optimal but it is all I can do at the moment. So, the front speakers are angled down to the listener's position and the center is angled up to hit the same listening position. I am also only sitting abut 10 feet back from the front speakers so these angles are pretty pronounced.

My workaround: I used a laser level to first angle the mic to a 90 degree angle from the left and then after the test chirps ran, as quietly as possible, again using the laser level, I changed the angle of the tripod to point the mic down 90 degrees from the center speaker and then again left the room. Once the center chirps had run, I re-angled the mic in the proper position for the right channel and left the room allowing the chirps to run. I repeated this process measuring in 8 positions for my calibration. It was tedious but worth it.

The results are MUCH better now. Everything sounds balanced and neutral. There is less mid bass than what I was use to prior to calibration but honestly I would expect that and it doesn't sound bad at all. I can now turn the volume up to -10db from reference as I did before calibration and it is no longer painful with ear-splitting highs and mids. I am VERY excited now!

Some final thoughts... I was concerned that my work-around (changing the mic angle in the middle of calibration) was not good because it could introduce more problems with phase and the noise floor, etc. So I asked Chris at Audyssey about it and his response was as follows:

"I am very happy to hear that! I am impressed that you took such care to optimize the mic position between measurements. It's tricky, but if the signal did not repeat then it's fine. MultEQ takes a quick room noise measurement before and after each set of chirps, but then there is some dead time due to data transfer and calculation. So anything you do during that time is no problem."

In regards to my complaints about the mic Onkyo supplied, Chris had this to say:

"Your comments about the mic are also very correct. We have produced our own mic that does exactly what you say: Taller and thinner. But Onkyo didn't adopt it for this round of receivers. Denon and other licensees already have."

This is very interesting to me. I have asked Chris if the new mics will work in the Onkyo or if the calibration curves are different. I will post what he tells me. This is definitely something to consider if someone is considering an Onkyo vs. a Denon.

I hope this post can help others. I am very happy with Audyssey now. The imaging is phenomenal. Everything just snapped into place! If any others are having poor sound quality with Audyssey, please check to see that your mic opening is 90 degrees in relation to your speaker baffles and that nothing is obstructing the radiation of sound from the speaker. It makes a MAJOR difference!

Mike
post #643 of 3676 Old 12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 90
This is interesting... It sounds like the Audyssey system pushed your center channel into breakup by upping the output at certain frequencies.

What does your Onkyo mic look like? The Denon mic that goes with the Denon 3805 (which uses an Audyssey system) is shaped like a flying saucer, and it's about two inches in diameter and 3/4" high. The instructions specify to put it on a tripod at the listening position, but they don't say anything about which way to orient the mic. I'd assumed that it was to be positioned... as a flying saucer would fly, I think that's clear. So am I right or wrong??

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #644 of 3676 Old 12-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Great news on your Audyssey, thanks for the detailed update Mike!
post #645 of 3676 Old 12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjr858 View Post

Barry Ober, aka Soundoctor, may be able to help you. He had a thread here on AVS that described the way to safely clean the switches, etc on M&Ks plate amps. You can search for that thread or contact Barry directly for the procedure. As I recall, the guy who followed the procedure fixed his sub with minimal effort.

This is Barry's website instructions for cleaning the M&K amp switches.

www.soundoctor.com/service
post #646 of 3676 Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post

This is interesting... It sounds like the Audyssey system pushed your center channel into breakup by upping the output at certain frequencies.

What does your Onkyo mic look like? The Denon mic that goes with the Denon 3805 (which uses an Audyssey system) is shaped like a flying saucer, and it's about two inches in diameter and 3/4" high. The instructions specify to put it on a tripod at the listening position, but they don't say anything about which way to orient the mic. I'd assumed that it was to be positioned... as a flying saucer would fly, I think that's clear. So am I right or wrong??

Yep, you are right about what Audyssey did. My mic sounds the same as yours. See pic:

Chris at Audyssey (one of the two founders) told me Denon is now using a mic they designed that is thinner and taller for this very reason. I never got an answer if that mic would work in the Onkyo but I suspect it would not.

As you can see, if the mic is at ear level and pointed at the ceiling (the correct orientation) it is possible for the output of a speaker sitting on or near the ground and angled up to strike the massive base on this thing and not have much direct sound hit the mic opening.

Mike
post #647 of 3676 Old 12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

Yep, you are right about what Audyssey did. My mic sounds the same as yours. See pic:As you can see, if the mic is at ear level and pointed at the ceiling (the correct orientation) it is possible for the output of a speaker sitting on or near the ground and angled up to strike the massive base on this thing and not have much direct sound hit the mic opening.

Mike

Thanks for the info and pics. The Denon mic is flat on top but otherwise looks similar to yours.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #648 of 3676 Old 12-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post

Thanks for the info and pics. The Denon mic is flat on top but otherwise looks similar to yours.

I think the newer recievers from Denon have the new mic. Maybe the units that come with Dynamic EQ have the new mic? Not sure.

Mike
post #649 of 3676 Old 12-20-2007, 03:22 PM

Anyone fellow M&K owners ever use M&K s-150 as surrounds? I bought some M&K 5000 and love them. My room is pretty large and the 5000 are great in my room.

Anyways now have my trust M&K 150s laying there( I can't get myself to selling them). I currently have SS-150 in the surrounds and rears in a 7.1 setup.

I was thinking about placing the S-150 in the surrounds and rears and wondering what kind of improvement I could get. To be honest with my setup this is not easy todo and would take some effort even to try out.

Any thoughts would be great!!

Stephen
post #650 of 3676 Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logain2000 View Post

Anyone fellow M&K owners ever use M&K s-150 as surrounds? I bought some M&K 5000 and love them. My room is pretty large and the 5000 are great in my room.

Anyways now have my trust M&K 150s laying there( I can't get myself to selling them). I currently have SS-150 in the surrounds and rears in a 7.1 setup.

I was thinking about placing the S-150 in the surrounds and rears and wondering what kind of improvement I could get. To be honest with my setup this is not easy todo and would take some effort even to try out.

Any thoughts would be great!!

I think it depends on what kind of material you listen to most often. I am in a similar situation. I had an extra pair of S-150's so I used them as surrounds. They sound great but they are easily localized. This set-up is perfect for multi-channel music but not that great for film soundtracks. I started turning the baffles toward the walls and bouncing the sound off the wall to get a diffuse sound for film soundtracks.

I think if you primarily use your system for music, it is the way to go. If (as I suspect) you watch a lot of films, I would stick with the SS-150's. If you wanted to upgrade from the SS-150's I would suggest the MPS-2525/SURROUND 250 which is a tripole with a front baffle identical to an S-150 but side radiating drivers as well (same ones used in the SS-150). These can be run in direct radiating, dipole or tripole mode. I think they are the best of all worlds.

Mike
post #651 of 3676 Old 12-22-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:

I think it depends on what kind of material you listen to most often. I am in a similar situation. I had an extra pair of S-150's so I used them as surrounds. They sound great but they are easily localized. This set-up is perfect for multi-channel music but not that great for film soundtracks. I started turning the baffles toward the walls and bouncing the sound off the wall to get a diffuse sound for film soundtracks.

I think if you primarily use your system for music, it is the way to go. If (as I suspect) you watch a lot of films, I would stick with the SS-150's. If you wanted to upgrade from the SS-150's I would suggest the MPS-2525/SURROUND 250 which is a tripole with a front baffle identical to an S-150 but side radiating drivers as well (same ones used in the SS-150). These can be run in direct radiating, dipole or tripole mode. I think they are the best of all worlds.

Mike

Hey Mike thanks for the advice. That makes a lot of sense... I am mostly movies as I have a 2 channel system I am putting together. I think I may just stick with the SS-150 as my wife my not like anything bigger.

Although I may keep an eye out out for some 2525/250.

What did you replace your 150 up front with?

Stephen
post #652 of 3676 Old 12-26-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHagen7 View Post

As for your other questions:

The SW-150 was voiced so that at 7 degrees down (or up) from it's perpendicular acoustic axis (which sits in the roughly triangular area between the two woofers and the central tweeter) it matches the AXIAL response of the MPS-2510P/S-150P. So, on axis it is slightly bright in response in the region above about 7 or 8 kHz compared to the S-150P. This makes it great for use as a surround (placement above the head) or above/below the picture in your home theater. And yes, this comparison is a wide mode comparison. So, the SW-150 runs always in wide mode.

Yes, they want to have their volume restricted. If they see the full height of the wall volume (and the fire marshalls haven't busted your home builder for leaving out the fire blocks) then those two little 5-1/4 woofers will move too easily and then run into excursion problems. I saw my sheet with the correct volume - it was in the data that I acquired Friday. If you need the actual number, let me know.

I think they'' be a good match to the S-150's. They might be better. I've heard them at a couple of shows, and I'm always floored by the sound coming out of them. You see, I hate wallspeaker projectsmeasuring speakers in walls is harder than you'd think, especially when you need to rotate the wall, not to mention all the sheetrock dust on everything - for some reason this tracks into wallspeakers sound terrible to me. But the SW-150 is so good, if I owned my house, I'd have a pair. But I don't think my current landlord would go for the big rats! story, so I don't.

Hi All,
I just moved and had to give up my dedicated HT (with S-125's) and am now setting up a mixed use room where I will have to use In-walls. To me, one of the main issues with in-walls is the fact that one usually cannot put the LCR all at ear level because the center has to be above or below the screen. WHile obviously this is a problem for freestanding speakers as well, the problem is worse with in walls because you cannot tilt the center. I am very interested in what Chris said about the SW-150's being voiced to be heard 7 degree off axis. To me, this would suggest that if you are using three of them across the front, you should put them ALL above or below the screen, otherwise they wont match well. Is this correct? In my case they would have to be below the screen (bottom of screen is 32 inches from floor). If I put them all below the screen, is it going to sound like the soundtrack is not coming from the screen? Lastly, regarding the volume issue, I thought these speakers come with a foam box to put in back of the speaker. Is this enough to restrict the volume?
thanks for your help and hope everyone had a good holiday.
thanks
Ian
post #653 of 3676 Old 12-27-2007, 05:01 AM

I currently have this MK setup:
v-125 sub
s-125 fronts and center
s-85 rears
I was planning on replacing my rears with tripoles. I only see k-4 triploes for sale. Any idea if I can use these with my setup or is there another tripole I can use?
post #654 of 3676 Old 12-27-2007, 10:28 AM

Long time lurker and relatively new to the forums and need some advice. I am really glad I found this thread.

I have M&K speakers in my HT in a 7.1 system. S-150's LCR, S-250's for R,L surround, and my old S-100B's for right and left rear surround. I love my M&K's and have no plans to replace them anytime soon.

My Sub is the MX-5000 MKII. I want to add another sub and have been looking for a used MX-5000. But have had no luck finding one so far.

So since my beloved M&K is no longer with us and the new M&K is planning on making the MX-5000 anymore (at least not yet).

I would love to hear suggestions for a second sub to mate with my existing MX-5000. The room is around 2850 cubic feet.

Mark,
post #655 of 3676 Old 12-27-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBearsfan View Post

My Sub is the MX-5000 MKII. I want to add another sub and have been looking for a used MX-5000. But have had no luck finding one so far.

So since my beloved M&K is no longer with us and the new M&K is planning on making the MX-5000 anymore (at least not yet).

I would love to hear suggestions for a second sub to mate with my existing MX-5000. The room is around 2850 cubic feet.

Hi... long-time lurker also, I happen to work for a company that bought a lot of the inventory that was available at the M & K auction. We've been assembling the leftovers and auctioning them off on Ebay (all the auctions have been marked as being from the auction). I don't know how well it will match with a MX5000, but in a couple months some "Modified" MX5100's (not all the original parts were available... for instance the amp manufacturer M & K originally used for the MX5100 went out of business and the Sanyo output module used isn't available anymore) but I am trying to do the old M & K justice and do the best job possible searching out quality replacements for what's missing. It won't be 100% M&K original, but it will be a great price with a 90 day return policy.

Also, Hi to everybody on this thread... I've been reading since the auction, and please don't stone me as a heretic for modifying M & K's designs... it would have been a terrible waste to just throw away their leftover inventory of all the great stuff they made.

Dave
post #656 of 3676 Old 12-28-2007, 09:30 AM
ekb
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I want to add another sub and have been looking for a used MX-5000. But have had no luck finding one so far.

There's been one on Audiogon.com a couple of times in the last several months. It's the same one and so it doesn't seem to be selling. Try searching there on "MX5000".

Ed
post #657 of 3676 Old 12-28-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekb View Post

There's been one on Audiogon.com a couple of times in the last several months. It's the same one and so it doesn't seem to be selling. Try searching there on "MX5000".

Ed

Thanks, Yeah I saw that one. I have sent emails to a couple of people on Audiogon and Videogon and they have not responded to multiple emails. There is one in the "for sale" area here in AVS but that person has not responded to my PM either.

So the search continues for an MX-5000 or a compatible sub!

Mark,
post #658 of 3676 Old 12-28-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensub View Post

Hi... long-time lurker also, I happen to work for a company that bought a lot of the inventory that was available at the M & K auction. We've been assembling the leftovers and auctioning them off on Ebay (all the auctions have been marked as being from the auction). I don't know how well it will match with a MX5000, but in a couple months some "Modified" MX5100's (not all the original parts were available... for instance the amp manufacturer M & K originally used for the MX5100 went out of business and the Sanyo output module used isn't available anymore) but I am trying to do the old M & K justice and do the best job possible searching out quality replacements for what's missing. It won't be 100% M&K original, but it will be a great price with a 90 day return policy.

Also, Hi to everybody on this thread... I've been reading since the auction, and please don't stone me as a heretic for modifying M & K's designs... it would have been a terrible waste to just throw away their leftover inventory of all the great stuff they made.

Dave

Thanks Dave Always willing to listen to a proposal. Whe would the subs be available? You can PM me if you prefer.

Mark,
post #659 of 3676 Old 12-29-2007, 08:33 AM
ekb
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I have sent emails to a couple of people on Audiogon and Videogon and they have not responded to multiple emails. There is one in the "for sale" area here in AVS but that person has not responded to my PM either.

You've got to wonder about someone trying to sell something and then completely ignore potential sales. I don't think that I'd buy from them even if they did respond after a few emails. You know that you'll have trouble.

Ed
post #660 of 3676 Old 12-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logain2000 View Post

Hey Mike thanks for the advice. That makes a lot of sense... I am mostly movies as I have a 2 channel system I am putting together. I think I may just stick with the SS-150 as my wife my not like anything bigger.

Although I may keep an eye out out for some 2525/250.

What did you replace your 150 up front with?

I have not replaced my S-150's up front. I'm still running them and love them!

Mike
Reply Speakers

Tags
Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page