Official MK - Miller & Kreisel Thread?!? - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 3680 Old 12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Newbie
 
Brit62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Timaru, New Zealand
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a replacement 1" voice coil for an M&K tweeter from an S-125.

The tweeter part number is "Z10 MK TV 4 Ohm" and I believe it was made by Peerless.

I know that Madisound used to have them but they are out of stock.

If anyone knows another source (or has one to spare!) please let me know

Thanks in advance

Alan
Brit62 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 3680 Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Member
 
vikings001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have a set of stands to sell or know where i can source them would be great.

All the best.
vikings001 is offline  
post #1263 of 3680 Old 12-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Member
 
Rick13160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Woodstock, GA (Suburb of Atlanta)
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to find wall or ceiling-mount brackets for a pair of s-250s. Has anyone found anything that will work? I have a pair of the M&K st-1 (I think) brackets, but I need them for my s-150s in front.

I tried to search for brackets people have mentioned in the past, but the only thing I came up with was the Omnimount 5, but I don't know if it will work for the s-250...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Rick
Rick13160 is offline  
post #1264 of 3680 Old 12-17-2008, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
adidino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I have a pair I was using for my S150's if your interested.. PM me


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
adidino is offline  
post #1265 of 3680 Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikings001 View Post

Anyone have a set of stands to sell or know where i can source them would be great.

All the best.

Search local listings as well. Just picked up 3 in mint condition and now I am selling my LDM-125 Stand on ebay.
thxman is online now  
post #1266 of 3680 Old 12-17-2008, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13160 View Post

I am trying to find wall or ceiling-mount brackets for a pair of s-250s. Has anyone found anything that will work? I have a pair of the M&K st-1 (I think) brackets, but I need them for my s-150s in front.

I tried to search for brackets people have mentioned in the past, but the only thing I came up with was the Omnimount 5, but I don't know if it will work for the s-250...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!


M&K only made wall mounts, not ceiling mounts for these. The omni mounts are supposed to work very well with these. I sorry, I don't remember which ones, but I saw them on display about 6 years back with some very nice (but big) omni mounts. The 2 kinds that M&K made were Fixed and Tilt.

Fixed Models:
ST Fix Wall
ST Fix Corner

Tilt Models:
ST Tilt Wall
ST Tilt Corner.

I was lucky to get 4 ST Tilt Walls when I purchased my SS-250s.
Here is a link to some pics of them.
thxman is online now  
post #1267 of 3680 Old 12-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Member
 
Ferris Bueller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Search local listings as well. Just picked up 3 in mint condition and now I am selling my LDM-125 Stand on ebay.

Thanks for the heads up, already bidded on them.

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Ferris Bueller is offline  
post #1268 of 3680 Old 12-18-2008, 05:08 AM
Member
 
Rick13160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Woodstock, GA (Suburb of Atlanta)
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post


I was lucky to get 4 ST Tilt Walls when I purchased my SS-250s.
Here is a link to some pics of them.

Thanks for the info!

I have a pair of the ST tilt mounts I am planning to use for my front S-150s, but I need two more for the rear S-250s. I have seen them a time or two on ebay, but they were expensive and I didn't have the 250s at the time, so I didn't bid on them. Oh well...

Thanks again!

Rick
Rick13160 is offline  
post #1269 of 3680 Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Member
 
Rick13160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Woodstock, GA (Suburb of Atlanta)
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Search local listings as well. Just picked up 3 in mint condition and now I am selling my LDM-125 Stand on ebay.

I "won" 3 of them on eBay from a guy in Australia, but he decided he didn't want to ship them to the US, so he backed out of the deal. It's probably a good thing, because I would have probably paid more for the shipping than I would have for the stands.

I'd still like to have at least 1 for my center channel speaker though...

Rick
Rick13160 is offline  
post #1270 of 3680 Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Yep, shipping would have been a bit much. They don't look that big, but at 53 lbs for just the base they do add up. The last time I saw them on ebay (US), they cost as much if not more than the original price and they were not complete (just base and tilt). It took me over a year to find a set at a price I was willing to pay.
thxman is online now  
post #1271 of 3680 Old 12-18-2008, 08:44 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Kreisel View Post

One of your forum members sent me a link to your AVS Forum Official M&K Thread. If anyone has any questions for me, or just wants to say hello, you can email me directly at kkmksound@aol.com. I would love to hear from all of you.

Although currently under constuction, you might want to keep an eye on one of my new websites at kkprofessionalsound.com. I am trying to find time to post some free music file downloads from some of my upcoming DVD-A's. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

In the meantime,

GOOD SOUND TO YOU.....ALWAYS,

KEN KREISEL

Ken, it's great to hear from you. You may remember me as the person who sold more M&K than anyone throughout the '80s (started selling it in 1979 at Columbia Audio Video), and I sold you Fosgate when I was the national there in the early '90s. I had a nice chat with Chuck Back about those days recently, and I'm still in touch with my old friend Chris Hagen, who worked with me at Harman. I've been at Triad for 12.5 years, and having great fun and success.

All of us here wish you well, and we hope to see you become more active and visible again. I was always an M&K believer, and I appreciated those little speakers that would pin people to the wall! Some of my S1B/V1B customers still call me for advice, and they still love their systems. Keep in touch.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #1272 of 3680 Old 12-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
BigPines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13160 View Post

I am trying to find wall or ceiling-mount brackets for a pair of s-250s. Has anyone found anything that will work? I have a pair of the M&K st-1 (I think) brackets, but I need them for my s-150s in front.

I tried to search for brackets people have mentioned in the past, but the only thing I came up with was the Omnimount 5, but I don't know if it will work for the s-250...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Try the Vantage Point Theater Series Mounts. They are a little hard to get now too but you can find them if you really look. I am using the THRS-B for my S-150s and MPS-2525s. They can hold a lot of weight and they make versions that mount to the back and bottom of the cabinets.

Here are some in white: http://www.zalmar.com/detail-Audio-A...ure-THRS_W.htm

Good luck!

Mike
BigPines is offline  
post #1273 of 3680 Old 12-18-2008, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPines View Post


Here are some in white: http://www.zalmar.com/detail-Audio-A...ure-THRS_W.htm

Mike

Those look nice. How far can you angle them (degrees)?
thxman is online now  
post #1274 of 3680 Old 12-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Member
 
Rick13160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Woodstock, GA (Suburb of Atlanta)
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPines View Post

Try the Vantage Point Theater Series Mounts. They are a little hard to get now too but you can find them if you really look. I am using the THRS-B for my S-150s and MPS-2525s. They can hold a lot of weight and they make versions that mount to the back and bottom of the cabinets.

Here are some in white: http://www.zalmar.com/detail-Audio-A...ure-THRS_W.htm

Good luck!

Mike

Thanks a lot Mike!

I think I've worked something out with Anthony on some used OmniMount brackets, but if I rearrange my theater like I am thinking of doing, I may need another pair for the side speakers (s-250s also)

Have a Great Christmas!

Rick
Rick13160 is offline  
post #1275 of 3680 Old 12-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
BigPines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Those look nice. How far can you angle them (degrees)?

They are VERY nice and very flexible. The angle on the bracket is not a limitation. Both the top and bottom of the speaker can actually touch the wall and the bracket still has more travel!

Mike
BigPines is offline  
post #1276 of 3680 Old 12-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
BigPines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13160 View Post

Thanks a lot Mike!

I think I've worked something out with Anthony on some used OmniMount brackets, but if I rearrange my theater like I am thinking of doing, I may need another pair for the side speakers (s-250s also)

Have a Great Christmas!

No problem. If anyone is interested, I can take a photo of how these work with the S-150 (should be the same for the S-250 I think).

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Mike
BigPines is offline  
post #1277 of 3680 Old 12-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Member
 
smitty8000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikings001 View Post

Anyone have a set of stands to sell or know where i can source them would be great.

All the best.

I have a pair that I wasn't wanting to sell yet.... I have a 4 month old son, so I bought ST-wall mounts in fear that around 1-2 years of age he would destroy my S-150's. I'm not itching to sell them, but they're in perfect shape and I would for the right price. Otherwise I'll throw them in a closet for a few years and pull them out when the time is right.

***Other than audiogon, does anyone know where to find S-250s or other top of the line MK products? 2555/2575 etc. I would love to get my hands on some S-250s. I'd be willing to trade my 150s and cash if anyone is interested.
Thanks.
smitty8000 is offline  
post #1278 of 3680 Old 12-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Member
 
vikings001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8000 View Post

I have a pair that I wasn't wanting to sell yet.... I have a 4 month old son, so I bought ST-wall mounts in fear that around 1-2 years of age he would destroy my S-150's. I'm not itching to sell them, but they're in perfect shape and I would for the right price. Otherwise I'll throw them in a closet for a few years and pull them out when the time is right.

***Other than audiogon, does anyone know where to find S-250s or other top of the line MK products? 2555/2575 etc. I would love to get my hands on some S-250s. I'd be willing to trade my 150s and cash if anyone is interested.
Thanks.

Are these wall mounts or stands that you are talking about. Im looking for ST-1 base and stands for S5000's that i have.
vikings001 is offline  
post #1279 of 3680 Old 12-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Member
 
smitty8000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikings001 View Post

Are these wall mounts or stands that you are talking about. Im looking for ST-1 base and stands for S5000's that i have.

I have both, but you were requesting the ST-1 and that was what I am referring to.

I didn't take a picture of the stands specifically, but you can tell they're there.
LL
smitty8000 is offline  
post #1280 of 3680 Old 12-22-2008, 05:13 AM
Member
 
Rick13160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Woodstock, GA (Suburb of Atlanta)
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8000 View Post

***Other than audiogon, does anyone know where to find S-250s or other top of the line MK products? 2555/2575 etc. I would love to get my hands on some S-250s. I'd be willing to trade my 150s and cash if anyone is interested.
Thanks.

I will probably have one s-250 that I want to sell. I bought a set of 3 off of eBay and I only needed 2. If you are interested, and vikings001 does not buy them, we might be able to deal on your stands...

Let me know.

Rick
Rick13160 is offline  
post #1281 of 3680 Old 12-22-2008, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
KevinH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 902
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8000 View Post

I have both, but you were requesting the ST-1 and that was what I am referring to.

I didn't take a picture of the stands specifically, but you can tell they're there.


I'd be interested in an ST-1 stand as well. I have two ST-1's and one ST-2 for my center. I'd prefer to replace my ST-2 with another ST-1 and I'd sell my 25lb ST-2 stand to anyone interested for a heck of a price.

-Kevin

Epson 5020UB 1080p 3LCD projector

Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 110" 16:9

Marantz AV8801 pre/pro

Wyred4Sound 5-channel amp

Oppo BDP-105

Darbee Darblet

JTR 3TX LCRs

JTR Single8 HT-LP surrounds

twin JTR Orbit Shifter LF subwoofers

GIK Acoustic room treatments

KevinH is offline  
post #1282 of 3680 Old 12-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Newbie
 
Ken Kreisel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Ken, it's great to hear from you. You may remember me as the person who sold more M&K than anyone throughout the '80s (started selling it in 1979 at Columbia Audio Video), and I sold you Fosgate when I was the national there in the early '90s. I had a nice chat with Chuck Back about those days recently, and I'm still in touch with my old friend Chris Hagen, who worked with me at Harman. I've been at Triad for 12.5 years, and having great fun and success.

All of us here wish you well, and we hope to see you become more active and visible again. I was always an M&K believer, and I appreciated those little speakers that would pin people to the wall! Some of my S1B/V1B customers still call me for advice, and they still love their systems. Keep in touch.

Paul, thank you for your very kind message and wishes and I do plan to be active again soon in the business. I have a lot of fun surprises for everyone.

Did you get a chance to download any of my recordings that I posted at kkprofessionalsound.com, especially The Music Of Christmas in Jazzical Class!

Your mention of Columbia AV brings back fond memories as my all-time favorite hot dog stand was in Skokie called Big Herms Hot Dogs. The closest we have in Los Angeles to those fantastic Chicago hot dogs is the last original Flooky's hot dog stand on Victory Blvd. in Woodland Hills. Still great after all these years. The owner still imports the frys and season salt from Chicago.

Again, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season filled with joy and happiness, and,

GOOD SOUND TO YOU.....ALWAYS!

KEN KREISEL
Ken Kreisel is offline  
post #1283 of 3680 Old 12-24-2008, 05:54 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Kreisel View Post

Did you get a chance to download any of my recordings that I posted at kkprofessionalsound.com, especially The Music Of Christmas in Jazzical Class!

No, but I will. BTW, "For Duke" is still one of my favorites. Your recordings were always in the Keith Johnson category...superb.

Quote:


Your mention of Columbia AV brings back fond memories as my all-time favorite hot dog stand was in Skokie called Big Herms Hot Dogs. The closest we have in Los Angeles to those fantastic Chicago hot dogs is the last original Flooky's hot dog stand on Victory Blvd. in Woodland Hills. Still great after all these years. The owner still imports the frys and season salt from Chicago.

I lived in Skokie as a kid (when all cars were black), and thirty-five years ago when I still ate meat, I liked Big Herm's (there really was a huge guy named Herm!), and Paul's Umbrella on Howard. Cuisine on a bun!

It's hard to believe I sold my first M&K products in 1979, Ken.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #1284 of 3680 Old 12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Member
 
mike_wassell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have 4 M&K subwoofers that I bought sometime around 2000. I do not have any place in my town (Huntsville, AL) to audition any other high end subs. On the forums I do not see much mentioned about M&K subs. I have two MX-350s (front) and two MX-700s (rear). Does anyone know how do they stack up to the subs available today? I am happy with them but do not have anything to compare them too. Has there been any great advancements in sub technology in the past several years? I am not interested in EQ technology. I have a preamp with Audyssey EQ calibration.

Thanks,

Mike
mike_wassell is offline  
post #1285 of 3680 Old 12-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
BigPines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_wassell View Post

I have 4 M&K subwoofers that I bought sometime around 2000. I do not have any place in my town (Huntsville, AL) to audition any other high end subs. On the forums I do not see much mentioned about M&K subs. I have two MX-350s (front) and two MX-700s (rear). Does anyone know how do they stack up to the subs available today? I am happy with them but do not have anything to compare them too. Has there been any great advancements in sub technology in the past several years? I am not interested in EQ technology. I have a preamp with Audyssey EQ calibration.

Thanks,

Mike

Your M&K Subs can still hold their own. That being said, there have been some advances in driver design. Servo technology looks interesting.

Velodyne is really on the cutting edge of sub technology. They are using servos. I love Aydyssey but Velodyne is using EQ that is much more comprehensive for subs than what Aydyssey dedicates only to the sub channel. Oh, and their amps really deliver the stated output too!

Then again, you could always check out the DIY subwoofer area. People are building some AMAZING stuff over there.

Mike
BigPines is offline  
post #1286 of 3680 Old 12-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Member
 
Rick13160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Woodstock, GA (Suburb of Atlanta)
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPines View Post

Your M&K Subs can still hold their own. That being said, there have been some advances in driver design. Servo technology looks interesting.

Velodyne is really on the cutting edge of sub technology. They are using servos. I love Aydyssey but Velodyne is using EQ that is much more comprehensive for subs than what Aydyssey dedicates only to the sub channel. Oh, and their amps really deliver the stated output too!

Then again, you could always check out the DIY subwoofer area. People are building some AMAZING stuff over there.

Mike

Not to get TOO far off topic, you can get the benefit of the Velodyne EQ technology with your M&K subs by adding the Velodyne SMS-1 eq box to them. It allows you to do the equalization automatically with a calibrated microphone, or manually using on-screen equalization graphics. I have one on my velodyne non-eq HGS12 sub and it works very well. You can find them pretty regularly on eBay or audiogon...

(By the way, I'm not affiliated with Velodyne, I'm really an M&K fan 8-) )

Rick
Rick13160 is offline  
post #1287 of 3680 Old 12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
BigPines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13160 View Post

Not to get TOO far off topic, you can get the benefit of the Velodyne EQ technology with your M&K subs by adding the Velodyne SMS-1 eq box to them. It allows you to do the equalization automatically with a calibrated microphone, or manually using on-screen equalization graphics. I have one on my velodyne non-eq HGS12 sub and it works very well. You can find them pretty regularly on eBay or audiogon...

(By the way, I'm not affiliated with Velodyne, I'm really an M&K fan 8-) )

Very true on the SMS-1. Too bad Velodyne doesn't sell a servo kit for non-Velodyne subs.

Mike
BigPines is offline  
post #1288 of 3680 Old 12-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Member
 
avfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPines View Post

Very true on the SMS-1. Too bad Velodyne doesn't sell a servo kit for non-Velodyne subs.

Mike

Anyone interested in EQ for the subwoofer, you can consider:

SVS AS-EQ1 Audyessy - Subwoofer EQ which able to handle dual subwoofers.

http://svsound.com/Newsletter/SVS_Au...Front&Back.pdf



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
avfans is offline  
post #1289 of 3680 Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Newbie
 
wickedskills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, does anyone know where to find or who to call for a MX-350THX MKII subwoofer replacement ?
Thanks in advance
wickedskills is offline  
post #1290 of 3680 Old 12-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Senior Member
 
bricot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by logain2000 View Post

WOW...KEN KREISEL himself...I guess I am a fanboy of M&K speakers. Anyways I hope all is well with you Ken. I have been a loyal follower of M&K for the past 10. And I have tried a bunch.

Heck even when the company went under I still am buying M&K speakers. I currently have a M&K 5000 setup which I am still thrilled by. Anyways hope all is well...just know there are a bunch of us still using and love our M&K speakers.


Now only if you could come up with something to top my M&K 5000 setup in your next company

Add another fanboy to the list, its the only speaker I've owned in the last 15years, haven't upgraded because of availability.

Back when I bought mine, I travelled all over the state comparing M&K to any other reasonable contender and my ears picked M&K. Had a friend who worked at a audio store and we set up double blind tests when they were closed ... M&K was the clear winner.

ahhhh.... the thought of a 'come back' makes me smile and my wallet tremble

Ken, Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
bricot is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off