AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Love to hear more about these HB-1s!!

\m/ Hook'em Horns!

==========
Work for a Cause, Not for Applause. Live Life to Express, Not to Impress.
Don’t Strive to make your Presence Noticed,
Just make your Absence Felt. -Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 134 Old 07-02-2008, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any user reviews of the new generation of these
(mk2)? They look pretty interesting!
post #93 of 134 Old 07-24-2008, 07:22 PM

Nobody has the new ones? Very curious!
post #94 of 134 Old 07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I think a lot of people looked at some of the measurements of the mk1 version and freaked out a bit. However, if you payed attention to the (5dB) scale on those measurements you would have found that the "anomalies" are not nearly as bad as they first look.

I haven't listened to either version but I would suspect that Hsu has fixed those anomalies in the Mk2.
post #95 of 134 Old 08-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry for the wait, but we finally have a pro review on the HB-1 MK2 over at Stereomojo.com ...

I can say for sure that the HB-1 MK2 is a very big improvement in sound quality and aesthetics vs the original. I hope you guys enjoy the speakers! A large amount of time and effort was spent in refining the original MK1 speakers.

Pete - Hsu Research
post #96 of 134 Old 12-23-2008, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
For anybody that is interested, I got 6 hb1 & 1 hbc bookshelf speakers (version 1, mk1) for sale. They are in excellent condition. I bought the set 1.5 years ago.

Asking $350 for the whole set. Willing to ship if buyer pays for shipping.

I am in socal.

toanntrac@yahoo.com

tony
post #97 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
We also have posted a review over at:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/speak...-speakers.html

...though I personally haven't heard them I'm recommending a friend who's budget HT shopping to try them as I've been nothing but limpressed from some of their other products.
post #98 of 134 Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I wish Hsu Research did not have a special shipping surcharge for Hawaii (Axiom does not), but if they must have such a charge, I wish their web site would say what it is. I don't like to have to actually order things just to find out how much they would cost me.

Greg Lee
post #99 of 134 Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Would these speakers give me 105 dbs each at 2 meters with relatively little distortion (given enough amp power of course)?
post #100 of 134 Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
While not very active, this seems to be the HB-1 thread with the most posts/views, so I'll start here. It seems that there is a consistent pattern in published reviews that the HB-1 offers phenomenal value and performance - hence my interest. I'd like to take a noticeable step up in speakers, while keeping my Onkyo 606 receiver.

Are there any HB-1 MK2 owners (or anyone knowledgeable for that matter) that can provide some comparisons to other speakers? I currently have Polk Monitor 50s fronts, a CS1 center, and four Monitor 30 surrounds with an Outlaw LFM-1 EX sub (xo for all speakers is 80Hz). I'd like to be able to hear more detail at lower volumes, as the current setup does OK (for an entry-level setup) when louder, but everything kind of collapses together when at wife-friendly levels.

Here's an outline of my layout:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m.../HTLayout2.jpg

At the level I like to listen, I'm getting an average SPL meter reading for TV/Movies of 65-72dB with musical interludes at 75-80dB and quick bursts of 80-85dB (explosions), it's loud enough for me to hear an acceptable amount of details (again for entry-level speakers). Unfortunately, when playing at wife-friendly levels, which is around 7-10dB lower than I prefer, the center channel dominates and the mains and surrounds almost disappear. I do have various house curves programmed into a BFD to accommodate diffrent listening levels for the sub, so no problem for me there.

I'm looking at purchasing seven HB-1 MK2s as my TV/equipment stand would allow for vertical placement of an HB-1 for the center channel. The expectation is that the more efficient horns will be able to provide better detail and better project lower volume sound from the surrounds to the listening position.

Am I on the right track, or am I going to need to make a bigger jump to make an obvious improvement? Figuring I can get $450-$550 for selling the Polks, the net cost to upgrade will be about $700-$800 including stands and wall mounts for the HB-1s. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #101 of 134 Old 02-23-2009, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
AJSTAN99, I looked at your room diagram and its an auditorium!

I'm a huge fan of HSU but I would seriously consider floorstanders (definitive technology comes to mind as they have built in subs with is GREAT for large rooms, I'm looking for some myself). The HSU website rates their packages in terms of room size and their largest package ($5000 7.4-with 4 SUBS!) is only rated up to 6000 cubic feet and your room is almost 8000 (assuming 15' cathedral ceilings). I expect HSU to introduce a floorstanding model one of these days but until then...you might call HSU directly, their techs will tell you if your room is too big (be prepared, they will tell you to buy AT LEAST 2 subs!). Another thing to consider is going with a seperate power amplifier, Emotiva amps get great reviews for relatively little money, and their power specs are with all 7 channels driven, most receivers will be lucky to meet half their published spec with all channels driven, link below, look on audiogon-I recently saw some Parasound 5-7 channel THX ultra2 amps for very reasonable. Also, I recommend room treatment if your going with horns as they will be a little brighter than silk tweeters, if you have carpet you'll probably be fine, if not, look into a big rug to cover reflection points on the floor. Hope this has been helpful.

http://emotiva.com/upa7.shtm
post #102 of 134 Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post

AJSTAN99, I looked at your room diagram and its an auditorium!

I'm a huge fan of HSU but I would seriously consider floorstanders (definitive technology comes to mind as they have built in subs with is GREAT for large rooms, I'm looking for some myself). The HSU website rates their packages in terms of room size and their largest package ($5000 7.4-with 4 SUBS!) is only rated up to 6000 cubic feet and your room is almost 8000 (assuming 15' cathedral ceilings). I expect HSU to introduce a floorstanding model one of these days but until then...you might call HSU directly, their techs will tell you if your room is too big (be prepared, they will tell you to buy AT LEAST 2 subs!). Another thing to consider is going with a seperate power amplifier, Emotiva amps get great reviews for relatively little money, and their power specs are with all 7 channels driven, most receivers will be lucky to meet half their published spec with all channels driven, link below, look on audiogon-I recently saw some Parasound 5-7 channel THX ultra2 amps for very reasonable. Also, I recommend room treatment if your going with horns as they will be a little brighter than silk tweeters, if you have carpet you'll probably be fine, if not, look into a big rug to cover reflection points on the floor. Hope this has been helpful.

http://emotiva.com/upa7.shtm

Thanks for taking the time to reply, pottscb. There doesn't seem to be an active group of HB1 owners on AVS. Great suggestions and food for thought. Didn't know that 7-channel amps were that affordable. Too bad that I have the Onkyo 606, which doesn't have pre-outs.

I should have done a better job highlighting the fact that it's a basement theater and ceiling height is around 7.1', so the volume (including stairwell) is about 4,200ft^3. Fortunately, I have nice, heavy berber carpet and an acoustic absorbing drop-ceiling, so the room reflections are minimized.

I was intrigued by the HB-1s because Hsu rated them for "Huge Rooms" (6,000 ft^3), their 6.5" mids and 92dB sensitivity.

I would expect that you're still in the ballpark for what I really need to fill my space properly, but right now, I'll probably look at a $500-$1,000 net speaker-only upgrade or punt until I'm ready to spend $2,500-$3,000K.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #103 of 134 Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 PM

I think I'm going to visit Hsu's headquarters this Friday. I'll post my impressions here.

post #104 of 134 Old 02-23-2009, 02:54 PM

ajstan99, I would post on the Hsu forums. Pete is really nice and helpful in his replies, and above all he is always honest about what the Hsu products can and can't do. I have demo'd the HB-1's multiple times at their headquarters and have always been impressed with their bang for the buck.
post #105 of 134 Old 02-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmo View Post

I think I'm going to visit Hsu's headquarters this Friday. I'll post my impressions here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaplace View Post

ajstan99, I would post on the Hsu forums. Pete is really nice and helpful in his replies, and above all he is always honest about what the Hsu products can and can't do. I have demo'd the HB-1's multiple times at their headquarters and have always been impressed with their bang for the buck.

Thanks, guys. Nick, I'll look forward to any thoughts you may have if you get a chance to audition the HB-1s.

post #106 of 134 Old 02-27-2009, 08:53 PM

I got to demo the HB1-MK2's and the VTF3-MK3 and ULS15 at Hsu Research today. Very cool! Pete was great. He was very easy to talk to, and answered all my questions.
My first impression of HB1's was "These are HUGE!" in a really good way. They have a muscular-aggressive look. A kind of "we're here to make a lot of sound in a big way" look. I saw several of the available veneers and they were all really nice looking. I think they look nicer than Ascend's offerings, even the piano black Sierras. The speakers in the demo room were of the espresso variety in a 5.X setup with a HC1 as the center channel. I say 5.X because Hsu's entire lineup of subs are setup right behind the main listening area with the ports firing into the back of a couch. They were driving everything with a pioneer 1018 and a Samsung Blu Ray player I believe. The room itself was pretty simple, with no bass traps in the corners and only some minimal acoustic foam treatments along the side walls.
The first audio sample was the scene from the X-Men movie in which Jean/Phoenix lifts a house and drops it. Pretty darn impressive was my initial reaction. The HB1's were very impressive. They look and sound great. I really can't express how much presence they have in person. It's hard to get a sense of scale of the speakers from the shots on Hsu's website, but these things really look great. We watched clips from several other movies, most notable were The Hulk (pulse guns scene) and Lord of the Rings (escape from moria).
I say notable because these were the two scenes that most obviously demonstrated the differences between the ULS15 and VTF3. I was curious if I would even be able to hear a difference given that this was the first time I had ever heard "real" subwoofers at work. Well, no problem telling the difference. The first subwoofer A/B material we sampled was a pipe organ concert with some 19Hz - 16Hz tones in it. The VTF was loud and shook the couch. The SPL from the ULS seemed much lower and the score didn't have the same impact as when played on the VTF. I was a little surprised/disappointed at first, but still curious and wanting to hear more samples. So up came Hulk and LotR. In these two scenes the differences between the two subs were clear. When the Hulk jumps out of the glass foot bridge and lands on the ground followed by a few heavy footsteps the bass from the VTF was hard hitting, had a lot of slam and impact. Then we switched over to the ULS and I heard a completely different sonic presentation. It was really like hearing two different versions of the same song. The impact of the Hulk landing on the ground was a distinct moment in time, separate from the shattering of the glass footpath and subsequent foot falls. Each foot fall was discrete, separate from the one before and after. The low frequency sounds were more detailed and nuanced coming from the ULS. I started to appreciate the subtlety of sound engineers' work on LFE tracks. This was a symphony of individual frequencies orchestrated in time to reproduce the impact of a giant's footfalls on grass with yielding soil underneath, and I could really hear it! Also impressive was the sound of the 50 caliber rifle shots. Very clear and distinct, each one unique and individual.
The escape from the mines of Moria scene from LotR was the real eye opener, though. The part of the movie where the fellowship are caught on a massive stone stair case that begins to crumble, slide and teeter as they jump over a chasm from one section to another was the single most salient moment comparing sound between the two subs. Again, the VTF went first and it was terrific! Loud, chest-pounding bass, timed perfectly with the cracking of stone and toppling stairs. I was truly in awe. Then we switched over to the ULS. In the scene where the stair case breaks and Frodo and Aragorn are struggling to keep their balance as it teeters back and forth and then slides forward I felt that I could hear or feel that there were two different textures of stone grinding together as the stairs fell forward. It sounded/felt like I could perceive that what was happening was that a rough craggy portion of stone was sheering or dragging over a smoother piece of stone sometimes grinding over uneven spots. What I'm trying to explain is that I could feel the texture of the surfaces that were supposed to be generating the low frequencies that were filling the room. It was simply amazing.

Pete was great, easy to talk to, willing to answer all of my questions, even the foolish ones and generally just really enjoyable to spend time with. He was patient, didn't hurry me at all, and humored all of my requests to see "one more scene" from this or that movie.
I didn't buy the speakers on the spot because I thought I was going to be picking up a set of Ascend Acoustics CMT340's or Sierras today, but due to an oversight on my part that didn't happen. I did get to visit the Ascend Acoustics location in Gardenia, CA, which was very cool. Dina was really great, considering I caught her completely by surprise by just showing up at the door to her office, but that's a story for another post.
I got to see both the CMT340s and Sierras in person, and I have to say that I was more impressed by the looks of the Hsu HB1s. The CMT340's are really big and really plain. The Sierra's in Bamboo were attractive as well as in piano black. I can't wait to hear the Sierras coupled with the Rythmik D15 after being so totally impressed by the HB1's and ULS15!
Today was exciting and enlightening. I can't believe Klipsch and other similar companies can get away with charging what they do.

The quest continues...

post #107 of 134 Old 02-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:

I got to demo the HB1-MK2's and the VTF3-MK3 and ULS15 at Hsu Research today. Very cool! Pete was great. He was very easy to talk to, and answered all my questions.
My first impression of HB1's was "These are HUGE!" in a really good way. They have a muscular-aggressive look. A kind of "we're here to make a lot of sound in a big way" look. I saw several of the available veneers and they were all really nice looking. I think they look nicer than Ascend's offerings, even the piano black Sierras. The speakers in the demo room were of the espresso variety in a 5.X setup with a HC1 as the center channel. I say 5.X because Hsu's entire lineup of subs are setup right behind the main listening area with the ports firing into the back of a couch. They were driving everything with a pioneer 1018 and a Samsung Blu Ray player I believe. The room itself was pretty simple, with no bass traps in the corners and only some minimal acoustic foam treatments along the side walls.
The first audio sample was the scene from the X-Men movie in which Jean/Phoenix lifts a house and drops it. Pretty darn impressive was my initial reaction. The HB1's were very impressive. They look and sound great. I really can't express how much presence they have in person. It's hard to get a sense of scale of the speakers from the shots on Hsu's website, but these things really look great. We watched clips from several other movies, most notable were The Hulk (pulse guns scene) and Lord of the Rings (escape from moria).
I say notable because these were the two scenes that most obviously demonstrated the differences between the ULS15 and VTF3. I was curious if I would even be able to hear a difference given that this was the first time I had ever heard "real" subwoofers at work. Well, no problem telling the difference. The first subwoofer A/B material we sampled was a pipe organ concert with some 19Hz - 16Hz tones in it. The VTF was loud and shook the couch. The SPL from the ULS seemed much lower and the score didn't have the same impact as when played on the VTF. I was a little surprised/disappointed at first, but still curious and wanting to hear more samples. So up came Hulk and LotR. In these two scenes the differences between the two subs were clear. When the Hulk jumps out of the glass foot bridge and lands on the ground followed by a few heavy footsteps the bass from the VTF was hard hitting, had a lot of slam and impact. Then we switched over to the ULS and I heard a completely different sonic presentation. It was really like hearing two different versions of the same song. The impact of the Hulk landing on the ground was a distinct moment in time, separate from the shattering of the glass footpath and subsequent foot falls. Each foot fall was discrete, separate from the one before and after. The low frequency sounds were more detailed and nuanced coming from the ULS. I started to appreciate the subtlety of sound engineers' work on LFE tracks. This was a symphony of individual frequencies orchestrated in time to reproduce the impact of a giant's footfalls on grass with yielding soil underneath, and I could really hear it! Also impressive was the sound of the 50 caliber rifle shots. Very clear and distinct, each one unique and individual.
The escape from the mines of Moria scene from LotR was the real eye opener, though. The part of the movie where the fellowship are caught on a massive stone stair case that begins to crumble, slide and teeter as they jump over a chasm from one section to another was the single most salient moment comparing sound between the two subs. Again, the VTF went first and it was terrific! Loud, chest-pounding bass, timed perfectly with the cracking of stone and toppling stairs. I was truly in awe. Then we switched over to the ULS. In the scene where the stair case breaks and Frodo and Aragorn are struggling to keep their balance as it teeters back and forth and then slides forward I felt that I could hear or feel that there were two different textures of stone grinding together as the stairs fell forward. It sounded/felt like I could perceive that what was happening was that a rough craggy portion of stone was sheering or dragging over a smoother piece of stone sometimes grinding over uneven spots. What I'm trying to explain is that I could feel the texture of the surfaces that were supposed to be generating the low frequencies that were filling the room. It was simply amazing.

Pete was great, easy to talk to, willing to answer all of my questions, even the foolish ones and generally just really enjoyable to spend time with. He was patient, didn't hurry me at all, and humored all of my requests to see "one more scene" from this or that movie.
I didn't buy the speakers on the spot because I thought I was going to be picking up a set of Ascend Acoustics CMT340's or Sierras today, but due to an oversight on my part that didn't happen. I did get to visit the Ascend Acoustics location in Gardenia, CA, which was very cool. Dina was really great, considering I caught her completely by surprise by just showing up at the door to her office, but that's a story for another post.
I got to see both the CMT340s and Sierras in person, and I have to say that I was more impressed by the looks of the Hsu HB1s. The CMT340's are really big and really plain. The Sierra's in Bamboo were attractive as well as in piano black. I can't wait to hear the Sierras coupled with the Rythmik D15 after being so totally impressed by the HB1's and ULS15!
Today was exciting and enlightening. I can't believe Klipsch and other similar companies can get away with charging what they do.

The quest continues...

nickmo,
thanks for such a detailed review. I would have never considered spending $1300 on a sub, but after reading your review, I am starting to seriously consider upgrading from my velodyne DPS-12. It provides a sufficient amount of bass, but to hear the detail that you described would be great.

post #108 of 134 Old 02-28-2009, 07:03 PM

if you guys would like some real life pics lemme know, ill take some for you with so you can see what they look like in real life conditions....ehhhh ill take them anyway...and post them up in a lil bit
post #109 of 134 Old 02-28-2009, 07:44 PM

heres some pics. flat back. magnetic grills, very nice.
LL
LL
LL
post #110 of 134 Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 AM

Thanks for the pics. The soda can is a nice touch for perspective. The veneers on these speakers are so attractive in person. The more time I spend reflecting on my demo experience the more impressed I am with Hsu's product line-up.

post #111 of 134 Old 03-01-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico38 View Post

nickmo,
thanks for such a detailed review. I would have never considered spending $1300 on a sub, but after reading your review, I am starting to seriously consider upgrading from my velodyne DPS-12. It provides a sufficient amount of bass, but to hear the detail that you described would be great.

You know, I'm actually leaning toward Rythmik's D15SE which is also a sealed 15" subwoofer design, but it's only $999. It's available from both Rythmik and Ascend Acoustics, and is said to be more or less equal in output to the ULS15 and may exceed the ULS15 in sound quality.

post #112 of 134 Old 03-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

nickmo, thanks for the write-up. Are there any qualitative comparisons to other speakers you can make from your demo?

Also, nixonrsx, great perspective on the pix.

post #113 of 134 Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstan99 View Post

nickmo, thanks for the write-up. Are there any qualitative comparisons to other speakers you can make from your demo?

Also, nixonrsx, great perspective on the pix.

In my opinion, and this is going by memory, which we all know is a faulty mechanism at best, the HB-1s sounded better than both the Klipsch Icon WB-14s and the Definitive Technology Studio Monitor 350s. Of course, I listened to the Def. Techs and Klipsch speakers at a BestBuy in a Magnolia listening room so the listening conditions were less than ideal, but for my money I would take the HB-1s over either of the other two without a second thought, and they look much better, too.

post #114 of 134 Old 03-30-2009, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

So I have one HSU speaker and I must say it is louder, clearer, and more natural sounding than my old speakers.

First off, this speaker is big. I thought my previous speakers had 6.5 inch woofers, but the manufacturer must have exaggarated...the hsu woofer is much larger, and also has more xmax.

The tweeter is much clearer and drum cymbals finally have the sound that they should.

Voices were clearer and less boxy.

Perhaps most impressively, the speaker disappeared when playing classical film score. The part of Return of the King where Gandalf rides up minas tirith has loud orchestral score, and on my previous speakers I could tell that I was listening to speakers and not to the orchestra. However, while just as loud, the HSU sounded much more transparent. I barely could tell that the music was coming from the speaker.

All in all, I am very pleased with this product.

Here are two pictures comparing the HSU with my older speakers.

post #115 of 134 Old 03-30-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:

The quest continues...

Did you get to listen to the CMT-340SE from Ascend? If so, how did they compare to the HSU HB-1 MK2? What specifically did you listen to in the audition?
post #116 of 134 Old 03-30-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra.hp View Post

Did you get to listen to the CMT-340SE from Ascend? If so, how did they compare to the HSU HB-1 MK2? What specifically did you listen to in the audition?

I was not able to listen to the 340s. Instead I ordered a set of Sierra1s and haven't looked back.
The Hsu audition consisted of:
1. A piece of organ music (don't know the name)
2. The scene from X-Men 3 in which Phoenix lifts the house and disintegrates Professor X
3. "The Bridge of Khazad-Dûm" chapter from LoTR: Fellowship of the Ring
4. The pulse-gun scene from The Hulk with Ed Norton.

I watched each scene at least twice, and some of them several times. I was so impressed with the speakers that the demo became an A/B comparison between the ULS15 and VTF3. The only criticism of the HB1s I can offer is that I heard what I would call "harshness" in some of the high frequency material from the demos. It came across as a crackling sound during playback of loud high pitched movie effects from the front three speakers. I noticed this most in the X-Men 3 scene. I later listened to that same scene at home on my Sierra1s and at extremely loud volumes and did not hear any of the crackling. I can only conclude that the sounds were not in the source material.

post #117 of 134 Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It came across as a crackling sound during playback of loud high pitched movie effects from the front three speakers. I noticed this most in the X-Men 3 scene. I later listened to that same scene at home on my Sierra1s and at extremely loud volumes and did not hear any of the crackling. I can only conclude that the sounds were not in the source material.

Funny, the first sound I heard through the speaker was a very distorted harsh crackle through the tweeter. However, that was the only time...even replaying that section of music I hear no crackle.

That said, if there WAS a crackle in the source material (an all too common flaw in dvds and music) the hsus would pick it up....the tweeter is very sensitive and revealing.

One review of the Hsus showed a fraction of a percent of distortion at 100 dbs from the tweeter, so it would seem odd to hear crackling from the tweeter that was not in the source material.
post #118 of 134 Old 03-30-2009, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

I may buy the HB-1 w/o hearing them. I like the price (especially in the bundle) and I tend to like compression horn sound.

I've felt they make better Home Theatre speakers than other types of speaker because they are so dynamic.
post #119 of 134 Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound dropouts View Post

So I have one HSU speaker and I must say it is louder, clearer, and more natural sounding than my old speakers.

First off, this speaker is big. I thought my previous speakers had 6.5 inch woofers, but the manufacturer must have exaggarated...the hsu woofer is much larger, and also has more xmax.

The tweeter is much clearer and drum cymbals finally have the sound that they should.

Voices were clearer and less boxy.

Im thinking about getting the HB1s. What speakers did you compare the HB1s to? I was unable to view your pics. This may help me decide whether to pull the trigger. Thanks.
post #120 of 134 Old 04-05-2009, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Im thinking about getting the HB1s. What speakers did you compare the HB1s to? I was unable to view your pics. This may help me decide whether to pull the trigger. Thanks.

Hmm...I might have to redo the pictures. The speakers are the advent h400s. http://www.amazon.com/Advent-H400-He.../dp/B0002L5994

I do think that the h400s are decent speakers, but the tweeters are severly lacking in comparison to the hb-1s. The bass is also less distorted with the hb-1s, but not to the same extreme difference as the tweeters.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page