AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
How about using 805D2 for Atmos!
Do you mean for the heights? If so from what I gather keeping an eye on the Atmos threads around here I get the impression no because I just don't see how you could mount them to the ceiling. You could build a custom wall mount like thrang had and mount them really high up on the walls but I'm not sure if doing that would even allow you to get the appropriate angles necessary to give the impression the sound was coming from over head in a x.1.2 setup. In a x.1.4 setup with say 2 mounted forward of the MLP and 2 mounted behind the MLP then perhaps but they may just be to easy to localize. I think the best way to go would be to add 2, 4, etc. CI800 series speakers. Only the CCM8.5 is designated as an in ceiling speaker but I suppose you could also use either of the in wall models, the CWM8.5 and CWM8.3.

Your current in ceiling setup, is that a single speaker or a pair and is it directly over the MLP? If it's a pair and it's over the MLP it looks like you are already set for the x.1.2 setup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19142 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The problem with incorporating Atmos and Auro 3D into the same processor is that they use speaker setups that are unique to, and not compatible with the other format.

Patrick

Quote:
Maybe, please let us know if you go to CEDIA
post #19143 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Yes, have two in ceiling speakers from B&W http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Downlo...info_sheet.pdf

Fairly older speakers but still sound great
I am debating on selling off the 802 diamonds and the HTM2 Diamond in favor of some cheaper smaller in/on walls.... I know they won't be the same but given my current situation that may be a more practical fit. Any opinions?

P.S. I would keep the F212... maybe add another LOL....

Last edited by BVLDARI; Yesterday at 07:34 AM.
post #19144 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVLDARI View Post
I am debating on selling off the 802 diamonds and the HTM2 Diamond in favor of some cheaper smaller in/on walls.... I know they won't be the same but given my current situation that may be a more practical fit. Any opinions?

P.S. I would keep the F212... maybe add another LOL....
If getting rid of the big speakers in favor of in walls you'll need to keep the F212 for sure, adding another is a must in my opinion and you may want to add 2 or 3 more

post #19145 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Patrick do you have any good real world photos of the CI800 series speakers you could post or link to? I'm trying to get a sense of the size of the units with and without the box enclosures to get a sense of how much is behind the speakers. All of the good photos I have come across are just of the speakers face on thus nothing of the back.

post #19146 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

thrang, you are going to have to update the pictures in your system configuration thread

post #19147 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
The problem with incorporating Atmos and Auro 3D into the same processor is that they use speaker setups that are unique to, and not compatible with the other format.

Patrick
Yeah good point and that bugs me to no end. It was bad enough that DSX and Neo:X didn't line up now we have two new formats that don't either. Surely the dts take will conform to one or the other leaving someone the odd man out thus not worth the effort in trying to configure a room for that format and let it become yet anther failed attempt.

What these companies seem to fail to realize is that if they want this sort of tech to catch on there has to be consistency in order to get consumers to buy in. It's already a niche market to begin with, segmenting it even more only hurts the manufacturers trying to bring it to us.

post #19148 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 12:47 PM

The only photos of CI800 that put's things in context would be the following. The CWM8.5 and CCM8.5: The back boxes are very substantial and critical to the speakers performance. The CWM8.3 back box is very large.

Best,

Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CWM8.5_expl.jpg (40.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg CCM8.5_exploded.jpg (78.0 KB, 17 views)
post #19149 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Dolby's system makes sense. It takes an existing 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 system and adds ceiling speakers. This system is still compatible with DTS. Additionally, Atmos can readily be adapted to Blu-ray without buying a new player.

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick Butler; Yesterday at 01:10 PM.
post #19150 of 19151 Unread Yesterday, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
The only photos of CI800 that put's things in context would be the following. The CWM8.5 and CCM8.5: The back boxes are very substantial and critical to the speakers performance. The CWM8.3 back box is very large.

Best,

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, this is exactly what I was looking for.

So throwing something really wacky out there, if one was so inclined could the boxes be mounted with some type of adhesion rather than what I'm assuming is either screws or nails? What if they are mounted, boxes and all directly to a finished wall or ceiling without inserting them into a cavity in the wall or hole in the ceiling which would other wise make the speaker flush with the wall or ceiling. So they would protrude form the wall or ceiling by the depth of the box + speaker? What would the sonic compromises be to an installation like that?

post #19151 of 19151 Unread Today, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi...i posted in another thread but does anyone know if DM603 S3 Tweeters will fit(same twist mount) in DM603 S2 speakers.
I've been told owners have fitted extended range Tweeters to the S2 but can't find any details. Big TIA.
Reply Speakers

Tags
B W , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090
Gear in this thread - cm-1090 by PriceGrabber.com