CM9S2 features the following changes:
- Decoupled Double Dome tweeter- originally developed for the CM10
- Heavier and better braced cabinets- reduces cabinet flex for a quieter presentation
- Improved crossovers featuring Mundorf Evo capacitors (silver/gold oil) which are clearer sounding the previous capacitor
- Improved wiring harness
- Nickel plated binding posts
CM10S2 adds the following features
- Tweeter on top- reduces cabinet diffraction for a more three dimensional presentation
- An additional bass driver- more dynamic, more powerful
- Fully decoupled FST midrange driver.- more resolved, clearer midrange. Placement closer to top of cabinet also reduces diffraction.
Hope this helps!
Originally Posted by MultimediaGeek
Are most of the CM S2 speakers going to have the same tweeter as the CM10 - just not necessarily external to the cabinet?
If so, then with the CM9's getting the upgraded tweeter with some cabinet isolation with the gel packs and also improvements to the midrange speaker, is the gap between the CM9 and the CM10 going to increase, stay the same, or decrease?
I am still trying to understand the main changes and the differences between each of the models both new and old.