Forum Jump: 

post #19381 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by baranowski View Post
If I were you I would not even worry about it and keep the same 700 series together. Maybe find another 703 for a center if you can fit it in your system.

Bill
Hey Baranowski, nice set up!
Where did you get the grey foam in the wall? (the one which looks like lego )
Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19382 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Marco View Post
Hey Baranowski, nice set up!
Where did you get the grey foam in the wall? (the one which looks like lego )
Regards
Those pictures are not my system.

Pictures of my system are attached to this account.

Bill
post #19383 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Today I listen to the CM6's they sound too good to be use for surrounds backs, I compared them to CM8,5,9 804 diamonds 683S2, I would use them for towers and a heartbeat.
post #19384 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice cube View Post
Hello, I am new here and my Eng is not good .. So i will try to be clear.
I have CM9 the old one , Cm2 and Cm 5 // 5.1 .. For AVR i have Denon 4520ci .. I am very happy with in movies but in music is not that much.
I have listen to CM8 with rotel integrated Amp and i like it ... But they give a good deal in CM9 package .. I though that it will be more beautiful than CM8 but it does not. I frustrated ... So i am thinking of selling Avr and buy a pro with power amp but what do you think as one how have CM9
Sorry for my Eng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I added an Emotiva XPA-3 to drive my CMC2/CM9's. I have been very pleased with the results. The old amp was a Rotel 5ch (125wx5) and I find the sound to be improved. So I think the processor + amp route with a 200w/ch amp would be an improvement.

post #19385 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
I've personally paired the new CMC2S2 with CM10, and it works brilliantly. The blend is seamless and dialog sounds crystal clear and dynamic...Try the CMC2S2 with CM10S2 (or 1) and I think you'll be very pleased.
Patrick, you are right in that I am very pleased. I received my CMC2S2 today, paired with CM10(S1), and it's definitely a superior movie watching experience. Even my wife noticed. Audio from the center doesn't stick out as being separate from the L & R channels. It blends and it's crystal clear, as you say. I am looking forward to watching -every- movie I own again!

I'm waiting to break it in before doing side by side comparisons between the original CMC2 and the S2. It's only fair.

Small thing, but I appreciate that B&W moved the "Bowers & Wilkins" logo to the top so that the grille is a straight rectangle without the curved cutout to show the logo. This is also beneficial to me because I like to play with the center channel by turning it upside down sometimes which puts the tweeter exactly inline with my CM10 tweeters. With this S2, it won't show an upside-down logo as the original CMC2 did.

For reference, I am using JRiver, exaSound e28, and a Rotel RMB-1585 (RB-1552 mkII for CM1 rears).
Patrick Butler likes this.
post #19386 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice cube View Post
Hello, I am new here and my Eng is not good .. So i will try to be clear.
I have CM9 the old one , Cm2 and Cm 5 // 5.1 .. For AVR i have Denon 4520ci .. I am very happy with in movies but in music is not that much.
I have listen to CM8 with rotel integrated Amp and i like it ... But they give a good deal in CM9 package .. I though that it will be more beautiful than CM8 but it does not. I frustrated ... So i am thinking of selling Avr and buy a pro with power amp but what do you think as one how have CM9
Sorry for my Eng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi ice Cube.

When I first got my CM9, even after break in, I also was not happy with them, got frustrated, and immediately wanted to upgrade.

My dealer told me to work on the placement of the speakers and add some treatment to the room before doing anything.

I am glad he did, I worked a lot with the distance they were from the walls, the distance they were from each other, and the toe-in. I also added some room treatment . After playing around with them for a while, I was very pleased with the sound. It was quite fun playing with them, it started to teach my ears what was good sound and what was bad, what I liked and what I didn't like, and taught how different variables in the room affect the sound.

Ultimately I upgraded to CM10, not because I was not happy with the CM9, but the CM10 had just been released and I wanted to take advantage of the extra bass driver and the tweeter on top upgrade from the CM9, and I knew the CM10 would be a little better.

The same thing happened, after break in I was not happy with the sound of the CM10 and thought to myself..."I thought these were supposed to be better". So again, I tweaked all the same aspects that I did with the CM9 and have the CM10 sounding amazing. After I got them sounding so good, I was afraid to even nudge them at all for fear I would mess up the beautiful sound I had finally found...

So I don't know how long you have had the CM9, or how much tweaking you have done, but they are great speakers and I think if you play around to find the sweet spot, you will ultimately be happier with the CM9 over the CM8 with your current equipment.

B&W CM10 fronts-B&W CM10 rears-CM2 Center-ASWCM12 sub---Rotel RSP-1572 pre-amp-Rotel RMB-1585 amp---Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray---SurgeX QX515---Samsung UN60H7150---AppleTV---Acoustimac DMD-422 acoustic panels 48"X24"X2" (11) w/ Owens Corning 703.

Last edited by KaliKid2013; Yesterday at 02:50 PM.
post #19387 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotus View Post
Patrick, you are right in that I am very pleased. I received my CMC2S2 today, paired with CM10(S1), and it's definitely a superior movie watching experience. Even my wife noticed. Audio from the center doesn't stick out as being separate from the L & R channels. It blends and it's crystal clear, as you say. I am looking forward to watching -every- movie I own again!

I'm waiting to break it in before doing side by side comparisons between the original CMC2 and the S2. It's only fair.

Small thing, but I appreciate that B&W moved the "Bowers & Wilkins" logo to the top so that the grille is a straight rectangle without the curved cutout to show the logo. This is also beneficial to me because I like to play with the center channel by turning it upside down sometimes which puts the tweeter exactly inline with my CM10 tweeters. With this S2, it won't show an upside-down logo as the original CMC2 did.

For reference, I am using JRiver, exaSound e28, and a Rotel RMB-1585 (RB-1552 mkII for CM1 rears).
Glad to hear it has really helped. So maybe the tweeter itself makes more difference than the placement? Now you just need to get some CM6's to replace those CM1's.

post #19388 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
Glad to hear it has really helped. So maybe the tweeter itself makes more difference than the placement? Now you just need to get some CM6's to replace those CM1's.
I just did testing with pink noise and to my ears the CMC2S2 has a higher pitch (best as I can describe it) than the CM10, but is closely related in its overall quality. Like a mini CM10. The original CMC2 was so different that I did a center-only EQ (Thank you, JRiver!) to make it sound more like the CM10 but never got it close what this this new one does with no modification.

It may sound like a mini CM10 but that's not to say it doesn't have formidable bass. I turned off my crossover and listened to some low voices and the thing digs down deeper than its predecessor. I am digging this!

About those CM1's, well, I truly love those things and they are fantastic as rears. I have a guilty pleasure for 2-way speakers and in the rear where it never gets TOO loud, they have a fine home . Also, I can change the zone in JRiver to spin around and use them as fronts for certain music. Sometimes, my ears prefer the simplicity.
post #19389 of 19393 Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

Quote:
It may sound like a mini CM10 but that's not to say it doesn't have formidable bass. I turned off my crossover and listened to some low voices and the thing digs down deeper than its predecessor.
Just checked the specs.

CMC2: Frequency response 56Hz - 22kHz ±3dB
CMC2 S2: Frequency response 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB

Wow, nice upgrade!! These specs represent what I am hearing.

Although, I don't quite understand that the original frequency range lists as 40Hz to 50kHz and the S2 is 45Hz to 50kHz. My guess is that the S2 is designed to go deeper within the reference axis then drops off faster when the sub takes over.
post #19390 of 19393 Old Today, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 5
hi folks. just a quick (and some may say stupid) question to distract y'all from cm s2 excitement - well, in a way. i recently got hold of a rotel rsx 1067 that i plan on driving a dedicated stereo set up. i currently have a marantz sr7007 driving my B7w 705s/htm7 and 685s in my home theater setup and was wondering if it would make any sense - or even possible - to use the rotel as a power amp to power my fronts (705) or use it for biamping them while i save up for a pair of cm floorstanders to hook it up to. if so, what's the best way of getting around it? i feel it's such a waste letting it lay around like a 40+ lb paperweight and i was thinking of utilizing it as such for the meantime. i'd gladly use it as my main amp except that it does not have hdmi i/o hence the need for the marantz to be in the system. thanks for any answers/constructive criticism/violent reactions.
post #19391 of 19393 Old Today, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi Brotus,

Excellent question. Our frequency response is anechoic, and the frequency range is expected in-room response. The anechoic part is fairly simple to measure provided you have an anechoic chamber (we have two.) The in-room response is much more complicated to figure out, and has always been based on a combination of measurement and extrapolation. What has changed from CM Series 1 and CM Series 2 is how we determine in-room response (frequency range.) The new method is considerably more accurate, and better represents what you can expect from our products in a real room.

Regards,

Patrick
B&W Group North America

Quote:
Just checked the specs.

CMC2: Frequency response 56Hz - 22kHz ±3dB
CMC2 S2: Frequency response 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB

Wow, nice upgrade!! These specs represent what I am hearing.

Although, I don't quite understand that the original frequency range lists as 40Hz to 50kHz and the S2 is 45Hz to 50kHz. My guess is that the S2 is designed to go deeper within the reference axis then drops off faster when the sub takes over.
post #19392 of 19393 Old Today, 07:11 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Has any one reviewed the B&W AM1!

No one has them on demo

My humble Cinema
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19393 of 19393 Old Today, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I've not seen an AM-1 review. What I can tell you is that the year we introduced them, we did a years worth of projected sales in 3 months.

Best,

Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Has any one reviewed the B&W AM1!

No one has them on demo
Reply Speakers

Tags
B W , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090
Gear in this thread - cm-1090 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page