B&W Owner's Thread - Page 648 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #19411 of 19415 Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Cool Power amp upgrade for CM9's

I have owned my CM9'S for about a year and have grown to appreciate the quality sound that they produce. Saturday I order a Parasound A51 to replace the Acrus Power amps that power my B&W now. In both cases I have the old version of the CM9's and CM C2 center channel. Just running a 5.1 set up and have a pair of DM6 dipoles for rear's. I will evaluate the differance in sound produced by the new amp. I will then look at replacing the fronts with D803's with the HTM2 center.

Integra 80.3 Preamp processor
Oppo 105 Multidisc Player
Samsung 55" Flat panel
Parasound A51 ( 5x250w)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19412 of 19415 Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
can't wait to hear your review I am very interested in the a 51
post #19413 of 19415 Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volpar View Post
HI this is my first post I'm a proud B&W owner!!! I just bought my cm9 from Magnolia the other day for 2000. They just opened the new store with the cm9 and two days later they got the new cm9 In. that's a sweet deal on a open box set!!! 2Day will get you grand off. now for the question I have a Yamaha 730 and looking for a little more power should I go separates? Parasound, Rotel, Outlaw or Emotive?
Depends on what's important to you. What room correction software do you like the best, Audyssey, REW with a parametric equalizer, Dirac, Trinnov TEQ-12 etc. Does Atmos or Auro seem important? The processor you choose will have more of an impact than the type of amp that you choose. I was looking to pick up a Parasound Halo A5, but decided to go with an Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2 for 25% of the cost of the Halo. My system can get uncomfortably loud and sounds darn good to me.

I am waiting delivery of my Emotiva XMC-1 and hope that Dirac will make an even better sounding room. There may or may not be an upgrade to get an Atmos 5.2.4 available on the XMC-1. If Atmos was super important to me, I would have chosen a different processor.

If you decide to get separates, get the processor that has the features and number of channels that you will need now, and will likely need in the future (5.1, 9.2, 5.2.4 etc.) After that get the amp that sounds the best for the least cash. To my ears there is not a huge difference in high quality solid state amps.

-Morfious
Panasonic 65ZT60 Plasma
Emotiva XMC-1
Emotiva XPA-5
B&W (CMC2 S2, CM5)
SVS SB13 Ultra Sub (Planned Upgrade)
post #19414 of 19415 Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yes I agree that a pre/pro first( Emotiva XMC-1)Yes 5.2.4 would be nice but now just 5.1 for now. Budget like 2500sh. what about Yamaha Rx 3020 and use a 2-channel to drive the fronts
post #19415 of 19415 Old Today, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volpar View Post
Yes I agree that a pre/pro first( Emotiva XMC-1)Yes 5.2.4 would be nice but now just 5.1 for now. Budget like 2500sh. what about Yamaha Rx 3020 and use a 2-channel to drive the fronts

that is pretty much my setup up and i love it

yamaha rxa-3000
emotiva xpa-2 gen2
emotiva xsp-1 gen2
yulong sabre da8
b&w cm10 front
svs pb-12 plus dsp

the power and clarity of emotiva and the price point are almost unbeatable
Reply Speakers

Tags
B W , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090
Gear in this thread - cm-1090 by PriceGrabber.com