B&W Owner's Thread - Page 678 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #20311 of 20319 Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 4,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlupia92 View Post
I wish I worked at a design center, but alas I don't. Right now the nicest receivers/amps we have on display is the Marantz 7702/7055 combo and the Pioneer sc-89. I did talk to my manager about the open item 4520 Denon that we have and he told me he'd sell it to me for $1,300. I feel like I could do way better, considering some prices i've seen other places. Since its basically going to be used as a pre-amp at some point I may just go with a marantz 6009 or 7008 for now. Just sold my Pioneer sc-63 so i'm in need of something soon.
I bought a new in box 4520 for $775 at Magnolia Home Theater

I bought an Sc65 months ago for $415...open box with the accessories...and gave it as a holiday gift to my mother and stepfather

I just bought an SC75 last week for $445

I see a few decent clearance deals on the Marantz 7007 avr and Denon X4000 AVR

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Marantz 8801 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Denon 4520 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Pioneer SC37 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Pioneer SC77 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20312 of 20319 Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Milpitas , ca
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
HTM 4/ HTM 2 Sound Quality user inputs
I'm looking into upgrading my center channel and was wondering what L&R speakers you were using with your HTM 4 or HTM2 center channel. How does the center channel perform. I'm currently using the CMC2W with 804D2R's. I don't see much talk about B&W Center channels specifically the HTM series. I spend 50% of my time listening to two channel music and occasionally pull out my 5.1 channel stuff. The rest of the time its 5.1 Movies. The set up I am using now sounds good but I'm wondering how much improvement I can get buy upgrading.

System Components:
804 Diamonds L/R
Integra DHC 80.3 Movies/Multi ch music
CP 800 Bypass mode analog 2 ch and digital 2 ch music
Parasound A51B
CM9 B&W Rears
Velodyne DD12C Music Sub
JL Audio F113B Movie Sub

Any input from the thread members would also be appreciated. Room size 24'x20'
biggin is online now  
post #20313 of 20319 Old Today, 12:40 AM
Member
 
Richie Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
New to B&W

Just re-did my whole system. Went from Monitor Audio Radius system to B&W CM System. Looking to add a pair of CM1's for the rear but need to find a wireless setup for the rears....any suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AV.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	526.5 KB
ID:	509418  
Richie Rich is offline  
post #20314 of 20319 Old Today, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jiffylush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 4,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
I bought a new in box 4520 for $775 at Magnolia Home Theater

I bought an Sc65 months ago for $415...open box with the accessories...and gave it as a holiday gift to my mother and stepfather

I just bought an SC75 last week for $445

I see a few decent clearance deals on the Marantz 7007 avr and Denon X4000 AVR

Warren
Amazon has the AVR-X4000 for $799 and the AVR-4520CI for $1099.

A few other things as well - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_pr...rice-desc-rank
Jiffylush is offline  
post #20315 of 20319 Old Today, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rod#S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin View Post
HTM 4/ HTM 2 Sound Quality user inputs
I'm looking into upgrading my center channel and was wondering what L&R speakers you were using with your HTM 4 or HTM2 center channel. How does the center channel perform. I'm currently using the CMC2W with 804D2R's. I don't see much talk about B&W Center channels specifically the HTM series. I spend 50% of my time listening to two channel music and occasionally pull out my 5.1 channel stuff. The rest of the time its 5.1 Movies. The set up I am using now sounds good but I'm wondering how much improvement I can get buy upgrading.

System Components:
804 Diamonds L/R
Integra DHC 80.3 Movies/Multi ch music
CP 800 Bypass mode analog 2 ch and digital 2 ch music
Parasound A51B
CM9 B&W Rears
Velodyne DD12C Music Sub
JL Audio F113B Movie Sub

Any input from the thread members would also be appreciated. Room size 24'x20'
I have the HTM2 Diamond i.e.D2 center and have 800 D2's as mains, before that 802 D2's. The HTM2 is a very solid center though no equal to either the 802 or 800 thus I hear an audible difference in capabilities. More so in music exepcially in the mid range but it's lack of bass capability in comparison to the 800 and 802's is always apparent.

Personally I would only look to a HTM4 if using 805's as it's essentially a 805 and certainly the HTM2 with the 804 and 803 where it is more the ideal match for those speakers. In my opinion of course
Jiffylush likes this.

Rod#S is offline  
post #20316 of 20319 Old Today, 02:15 PM
Member
 
wunderkind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Rich View Post
Just re-did my whole system. Went from Monitor Audio Radius system to B&W CM System. Looking to add a pair of CM1's for the rear but need to find a wireless setup for the rears....any suggestions
Nice clean set-up. Is heat an issue with using the antique cabinet? The only suggestion I have is lowering the TV abit so that image is in line with voice coils. It's always weird to watch a show when the voice seems to emanate from the chest... or feet.

What's the black cylinder?
wunderkind is offline  
post #20317 of 20319 Old Today, 02:27 PM
Member
 
Richie Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
Nice clean set-up. Is heat an issue with using the antique cabinet? The only suggestion I have is lowering the TV abit so that image is in line with voice coils. It's always weird to watch a show when the voice seems to emanate from the chest... or feet.

What's the black cylinder?
Great observations and I agree! Thinking and trying to find a way to raise the CC a bit or see how I can lower the TV a bit. Heat hasn't been an issue, yet, but I have been thinking about it and doing research on how I can dissipate the heat....any suggestions?

The black cylinder is a SVS PC-2000 sub I plan on getting another one to replace the small box on the right side.
Richie Rich is offline  
post #20318 of 20319 Unread Today, 04:31 PM
Member
 
euphoriapt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoriapt View Post
hi, iam about to buy the mt-60d and i would like to know witch receiver would you guys recommend for this speakers/sub. the second question is if who is the best dealer to sell this system.

Thanks
Anyone Please ??
euphoriapt is offline  
post #20319 of 20319 Unread Today, 09:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Milpitas , ca
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Thanks for your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
I have the HTM2 Diamond i.e.D2 center and have 800 D2's as mains, before that 802 D2's. The HTM2 is a very solid center though no equal to either the 802 or 800 thus I hear an audible difference in capabilities. More so in music exepcially in the mid range but it's lack of bass capability in comparison to the 800 and 802's is always apparent.

Personally I would only look to a HTM4 if using 805's as it's essentially a 805 and certainly the HTM2 with the 804 and 803 where it is more the ideal match for those speakers. In my opinion of course
Thanks for the feedback, I called my local vendor today and basically said the same thing you said so looks like I will go with the HTM 2. I purchased the 804 but would have love to sell out the cash for 802s if I had it.
biggin is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
B W , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090
Gear in this thread - cm-1090 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off