post #20341 of 20344 Old Today, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSatala777 View Post
I'm probably just going to go with the 802s d2 because I don't really think I want to be tempted to buy a pair of krell 900e's or ML 33/53 to power them to full potential. ..I would be deaf in a couple months...I have my eye on a pair of 403e's that are more in my price range and would power the 802's and 803's real nicely

The 800's definitely don't need huge capacity power amps How much they need will depend on your room plus and the decibel level you typically like to listen at plus whether you use bass management. If you don't ever run them full range then they would run just great on very minimal power actually.

I have never heard the 800D1's but the 802D2's are great speakers and perform wonderfully with 300 watts into 8 ohms.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20342 of 20344 Old Today, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm 1 of those " i think it would sound better just a little louder" guys...just too get the most detail out of my music...sometimes right now I'm listening and I don't even realize that I have it at 90%,
what I do is try and take a break with the volume periodically to reaclimate my ears to the volume. ...when you are gradually turning it while listening it can get away from you without realizing it
post #20343 of 20344 Old Today, 08:12 PM
rpr

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need some help guys. I have a pair of XT8 tower speakers. They are enjoyable, but very bright and harsh.

They cannot be bi-amped so my options are limited and will likely void any warranty I still have left on them, but I would like to attenuate the tweeters.

I've also heard these aluminum enclosures are a nightmare to disassemble.

So what can I do? Try to take them apart and install an L-Pad?
post #20344 of 20344 Old Today, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
685 s2 - Poor Bass

Hi folks,

Have about 15 hours on a pair being driven by a Marantz nr1403 50watt receiver. I realize the Marantz may be a bit underpowered and I am planning on upgrading. But I primarily listen at low to moderate levels and only 2.1 so I feel I should get pretty good performance. The speakers are 10 inches from the wall and so far the bass is anemic. I've been setting the cross-over to the sub at 80 or 100 to get decent bass. Decided to run Audyssey, ran it 3 times and it choose to crossover at 120/150/120. When I auditioned them in-store compared to Martin Logan Motion 15 without sub, they definitely did not go as deep as Motions but I don't recall them being this thin. Anyone have any thoughts on why I'm nowhere near how low they are rated for? Will another 85 hours of break-in really make that much of a difference? Any 685 S2 owners care to comment on your bass performance and amp/receiver you are using.

Many Thanks
Reply Speakers

Tags
B W , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090
Gear in this thread - cm-1090 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page