B&W Owner's Thread - Page 697 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #20881 of 20890 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Chise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijoublossom View Post
Anyone have experience with this combo? I will be using 804's for the front, 805's for the rear and a HSU VTF-3 for the sub. In celling speakers will be B&W (not sure which ones yet). I plan to use at 2 and possibly 4. So the question becomes will this AVR have enough power for this. The room is average size 24 x 20. I use it 90% for movies and 10% for music. I understand that separates would be better but it's boiled down to the WAF!

Thoughts? Any advice would be appreciated!
It should, But seperates would sound better.
Chise is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20882 of 20890 Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
fokakis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijoublossom View Post
Anyone have experience with this combo? I will be using 804's for the front, 805's for the rear and a HSU VTF-3 for the sub. In celling speakers will be B&W (not sure which ones yet). I plan to use at 2 and possibly 4. So the question becomes will this AVR have enough power for this. The room is average size 24 x 20. I use it 90% for movies and 10% for music. I understand that separates would be better but it's boiled down to the WAF!

Thoughts? Any advice would be appreciated!
You have over $12k in speakers. Certainly you could drop at least $1k on a 2, 3, or 5 channel amp. In a room that size with power hungry speakers you'll be glad you did.
luisev likes this.

Last edited by fokakis1; Yesterday at 08:58 PM.
fokakis1 is offline  
post #20883 of 20890 Old Today, 09:50 AM
Member
 
ice cube's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. I have one question... Which is.
Is it worth to buy Ati 6002 amp for my B&W CM9.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ice cube is offline  
post #20884 of 20890 Old Today, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,659
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice cube View Post
Hi all. I have one question... Which is.
Is it worth to buy Ati 6002 amp for my B&W CM9.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO the 6002 would be a level above the CM9s. However, in the future should you upgrade your speakers to say 800 series, you will already have the amp. So short term maybe overkill, but amps last a long time so in the long run may be a good move. Are your CM9s S1 or S2?
jima4a is online now  
post #20885 of 20890 Old Today, 10:03 AM
Member
 
ice cube's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No it CM9 S1 .. But unfortunately I plowed them by integra 40.6 Avr which is a bad choice and I have Ati 1803 but I didn't feel that there are any difference between avr or ati. So I am planning to have ati 6003 and Marantaz 7702.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ice cube is offline  
post #20886 of 20890 Old Today, 10:33 AM
Member
 
ice cube's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have 7.1 CM9, CM2,CM5,CM1, ASW 10CM and Integra 40.6 AVR with Ati 1803.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ice cube is offline  
post #20887 of 20890 Old Today, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Chise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice cube View Post
I have 7.1 CM9, CM2,CM5,CM1, ASW 10CM and Integra 40.6 AVR with Ati 1803.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can afford it, get ATI-6007 and Marantz 7702 that will be sweat.
Chise is offline  
post #20888 of 20890 Old Today, 12:49 PM
Member
 
ice cube's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No I can't.. But I think I will have Ati 3002 for CM9's with my Ati 1803 for center and Surr, and Ati 1202 for rears.
Marantaz 7702, SA8005 audio player and PS4 for Bluray. What do you think and what is the difference in performance between 6002 and 3006, is noticeable?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ice cube is offline  
post #20889 of 20890 Old Today, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
justthinking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 32
A friend of mine is relocating due to job transfer and he is selling off his secondary audio system, of the things he is selling, a pair of 3 month old B&W 805 Diamond with factory stands peaked my interest

Do you guys think $3,800 is a good price for the speakers/stands combo or if I should ask him to lower it a bit?
justthinking is online now  
post #20890 of 20890 Old Today, 06:59 PM
Member
 
KaliKid2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
A friend of mine is relocating due to job transfer and he is selling off his secondary audio system, of the things he is selling, a pair of 3 month old B&W 805 Diamond with factory stands peaked my interest

Do you guys think $3,800 is a good price for the speakers/stands combo or if I should ask him to lower it a bit?

The 805 Diamonds list for $5,000, the FS-805 matching stands list for I believe $700. I think one can work a 10% discount off list price from most dealers. So assuming that is the case, you are looking at around $5,130, plus any state sales tax, for the pair with stands new.

So you have to ask yourself if saving $1,330, give or take, is worth buying a used, albeit like new I assume, set of speakers with no warranty.

B&W 802 Diamonds | ASWCM12 sub | Rotel RSP-1572 pre-amp | Rotel RMB-1585 amp (bi-amping the 802 Diamonds) | Oppo BDP-105 | Samsung UN60H7150 | SurgeX QX515 Surge Suppressor/Power Conditioner | Audioquest Cinnamon HMDI, Ethernet, & USB A/B cables | Tributaries Type 6 Speaker Cables | Tributaries Series 6 Analog Interconnects | Acoustimac DMD-422 acoustic panels.
KaliKid2013 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
B W , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090
Gear in this thread - cm-1090 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off