B&W Owner's Thread - Page 706 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21151 of 21156 Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM
Newbie
 
mikenmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to buy some 802 Diamonds

After auditioning a large number of speakers, I've decided I want to spring for some 802 Diamonds.

Does anyone have advice on how to get a good price? I'm willing to buy used, if circumstances are conducive.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, so there are several dealers within 100 miles. There's a Best Buy w/Magnolia room right around the corner from me, but I'm not a fan of BB, and so far they aren't willing to budge on the price.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike
mikenmar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #21152 of 21156 Old Today, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmar View Post
After auditioning a large number of speakers, I've decided I want to spring for some 802 Diamonds.

Does anyone have advice on how to get a good price? I'm willing to buy used, if circumstances are conducive.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, so there are several dealers within 100 miles. There's a Best Buy w/Magnolia room right around the corner from me, but I'm not a fan of BB, and so far they aren't willing to budge on the price.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike
The new 800 series is being rolled out September 9th so one should be able to get a discount on the current generation. I could have got 20% off a few years back so I would use that as the minimum.
KaliKid2013 likes this.
jima4a is offline  
post #21153 of 21156 Old Today, 07:27 AM
Newbie
 
mikenmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post
The new 800 series is being rolled out September 9th so one should be able to get a discount on the current generation. I could have got 20% off a few years back so I would use that as the minimum.
Ah, that's good to know - thanks.
mikenmar is offline  
post #21154 of 21156 Old Today, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
dschulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Anyone else notice that Daredevil's arch-nemesis Wilson Fisk has a B&W setup in his loft?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6BKgtGr.png
Views:	2
Size:	968.1 KB
ID:	911538  
dschulz is online now  
post #21155 of 21156 Old Today, 06:08 PM
Member
 
KaliKid2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmar View Post
After auditioning a large number of speakers, I've decided I want to spring for some 802 Diamonds.

Does anyone have advice on how to get a good price? I'm willing to buy used, if circumstances are conducive.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, so there are several dealers within 100 miles. There's a Best Buy w/Magnolia room right around the corner from me, but I'm not a fan of BB, and so far they aren't willing to budge on the price.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike

I agree with Jim.

Plus, dealers with display/demo inventory will be looking to sell them off to make room on the selling floor for the new ones. You should be able to get a sweet deal right about now.

BB usually sells at full retail, most dealers offer a discount off list all the time.

Good luck, you will be very happy with them. What are you going to drive them with?

B&W 802 Diamonds | McIntosh C500T tube pre-amp | McIntosh MC601 mono block amplifiers (2) | Oppo BDP-105 | SurgeX QX515 Surge Suppressor/Power Conditioner
KaliKid2013 is offline  
post #21156 of 21156 Old Today, 06:10 PM
Member
 
eorr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschulz View Post
Anyone else notice that Daredevil's arch-nemesis Wilson Fisk has a B&W setup in his loft?
Haha I noticed that too. There is also a pair of cherrywood 803's in Kingsman.

Equipment list:
B&W 803d, Emotiva XSP-1, Emotiva XPA-2, Oppo 105, Project 2Xperience Classic, Panamax M5300-PM, Panasonic 60ST60
eorr23 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
802D , atmos , B W , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090
Gear in this thread - 802D by PriceGrabber.com



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off