B&W Owner's Thread - Page 727 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old Today, 05:41 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Originally Posted by rainy1982 View Post
Hello. I currently have B&W 685 theater and I am planning to replace my front speakers with a pair of B&W CM10 S2 with the matching center , plus 4 ceiling speakers for atmos. I'm like 50-50% movies / music. I am also getting an Anthem mrx 510/710 for the movies part. For the amp part, what is better to buy?

A) Rotel 1552 mk2 120w and Rotel RC1570, to go with the anthem

B) Rotel 1582 mk2 200w connected directly to Anthem mrx510/710 to drive the CM10 - so Anthem is like a pre for music

Which setup is best value for money/performance?

Thank you.
I highly recommend a rotel power amp but can't understand why you would buy a separate integrated amplifier especially if you intend to have to speakers connected to a receiver for movies and network functions...it's not like you can plug the power amp into both the integrated and receiver.

I also don't know why you would set your sights on paying good money for a receiver from 2013 in the anthem when it has no hdmi 2.0 or thr new sound formats etc.

Why not get a 2015 model receiver and use the pre outs on it with a rotel power amp.

Also if you are using an external power amp you are removing the main benefit of an integrated amp over a receiver...the better power supply.

This way you have all the benefits of a reciever that supports all the current and future tech in this cycle with pre outs on all channels for you to add power amps as you see fit.

I bought the 1552mk2 about 5 weeks ago and have been blown away with the extra headroom. Even with a receiver that quotes higher power.
Sponsored Links

802D , atmos , B W , b&w dm1400 , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090