B&W Owner's Thread - Page 798 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 599Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #23911 of 23918 Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked45 View Post
What hertz should i set my CM10's and CMC2 S2 to on my AVR? Some say 60hz and others say 80hz?
I would use 60 for the CM10s (or 50 if an option) and 80 for the CMC2.
postrokfan likes this.
jima4a is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23912 of 23918 Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
Member
 
blur510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by advanced101101 View Post
Yes, unless you can/ want use another 805 D3 as your center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Best option if possible....

I prefer the look of a real center channel, is there a downside to using an HTM2 D3 over a 805d3? thanks again .. how about a Nautilus HTM2
blur510 is online now  
post #23913 of 23918 Old Today, 09:46 AM
Newbie
 
dgfla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
Well a lot of movies have pans that frequently go across all 3 speakers. So effects and dialogue are certainly noticeable to me when the speakers aren't well matched.

Front to rear matching is also important, but less so if you're viewing habits tend toward action films. Concerts and films where the score bleeds into the rears it's definitely important IMO.
thanks jeahrens...
I will be addressing the surrounds after i figure out what to do about center channel.. although I really done have space or funds to perfectly match surrounds with my 803 D2 fronts. Probably should have also asked what folks thought would be a good match in a bookshelf size speaker.

thanks again..
dgfla is offline  
post #23914 of 23918 Old Today, 09:47 AM
Member
 
Invictus87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any CM10S2 owners have any feelings about how they stack up to the Paradigm Prestige towers? I realize this is a B&W thread but just wondering if anyone who went with CM10s made this comparison. I haven't heard the Paradigm's yet but they have gotten pretty good reviews within the same price category. Just curious.

Invictus87 is offline  
post #23915 of 23918 Old Today, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Wondering if someone could help with this question I have. I purchased the CM Center S2 for my system and it does sound good. With MCACC EQ it's slightly low during dialog parts. If I turn up the volume then the action scenes are too loud. I realize they're meant to be loud but they are even louder than they should be. I'm wondering if a CM Center 2 S2 would help with this given my room size? - and maybe that's the right center vs the smaller CM Center 2 without the mid bass. You can see pictures of my room in the signature link.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
post #23916 of 23918 Old Today, 10:35 AM
Member
 
Invictus87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Wondering if someone could help with this question I have. I purchased the CM Center S2 for my system and it does sound good. With MCACC EQ it's slightly low during dialog parts. If I turn up the volume then the action scenes are too loud. I realize they're meant to be loud but they are even louder than they should be. I'm wondering if a CM Center 2 S2 would help with this given my room size? - and maybe that's the right center vs the smaller CM Center 2 without the mid bass. You can see pictures of my room in the signature link.
I've had this issue with the YPAO on my Yamaha leaving the center a bit low during some movies. Idk if this is the preferred method but I would try just adding a few db to the level of the center manually so that its volume is boosted in relation to the fronts. Play around with topping off that center level to see how it sounds in different scenes. See if that does anything for you before upgrading.

Invictus87 is offline  
post #23917 of 23918 Old Today, 11:48 AM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 63
B&W Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus87 View Post
I've had this issue with the YPAO on my Yamaha leaving the center a bit low during some movies. Idk if this is the preferred method but I would try just adding a few db to the level of the center manually so that its volume is boosted in relation to the fronts. Play around with topping off that center level to see how it sounds in different scenes. See if that does anything for you before upgrading.


Thanks for the response. This works, and it doesn't. It works in that the lower dialogue scenes are clearly audible if I boost center a few decibels. It doesn't work in that during the action scenes or left to right sweeps, it sound unbalanced as the center channel plays louder than it should. Additionally, I believe the MCACC did a good job calibrating the center channels volume compared to the speakers around it. My question is more in relation to whether the extra speaker within the CM Center 2 S2 or its pure size increase will balance out the dialogue volume while keeping the action scenes level with the fronts/front heights.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
post #23918 of 23918 Old Today, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
postrokfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 4,372
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 2324
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Thanks for the response. This works, and it doesn't. It works in that the lower dialogue scenes are clearly audible if I boost center a few decibels. It doesn't work in that during the action scenes or left to right sweeps, it sound unbalanced as the center channel plays louder than it should. Additionally, I believe the MCACC did a good job calibrating the center channels volume compared to the speakers around it. My question is more in relation to whether the extra speaker within the CM Center 2 S2 or its pure size increase will balance out the dialogue volume while keeping the action scenes level with the fronts/front heights.
A larger center might be better for that space but it probably won't fix what is likely a calibration issue.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."
postrokfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
802D , atmos , B W , b&w dm1400 , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off