B&W Owner's Thread - Page 798 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 599Likes
post #23911 of 23915 Unread Yesterday, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked45 View Post
What hertz should i set my CM10's and CMC2 S2 to on my AVR? Some say 60hz and others say 80hz?
I would use 60 for the CM10s (or 50 if an option) and 80 for the CMC2.
postrokfan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23912 of 23915 Unread Yesterday, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by advanced101101 View Post
Yes, unless you can/ want use another 805 D3 as your center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Best option if possible....

I prefer the look of a real center channel, is there a downside to using an HTM2 D3 over a 805d3? thanks again .. how about a Nautilus HTM2
post #23913 of 23915 Unread Today, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
Well a lot of movies have pans that frequently go across all 3 speakers. So effects and dialogue are certainly noticeable to me when the speakers aren't well matched.

Front to rear matching is also important, but less so if you're viewing habits tend toward action films. Concerts and films where the score bleeds into the rears it's definitely important IMO.
thanks jeahrens...
I will be addressing the surrounds after i figure out what to do about center channel.. although I really done have space or funds to perfectly match surrounds with my 803 D2 fronts. Probably should have also asked what folks thought would be a good match in a bookshelf size speaker.

thanks again..
post #23914 of 23915 Unread Today, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any CM10S2 owners have any feelings about how they stack up to the Paradigm Prestige towers? I realize this is a B&W thread but just wondering if anyone who went with CM10s made this comparison. I haven't heard the Paradigm's yet but they have gotten pretty good reviews within the same price category. Just curious.

post #23915 of 23915 Unread Today, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Wondering if someone could help with this question I have. I purchased the CM Center S2 for my system and it does sound good. With MCACC EQ it's slightly low during dialog parts. If I turn up the volume then the action scenes are too loud. I realize they're meant to be loud but they are even louder than they should be. I'm wondering if a CM Center 2 S2 would help with this given my room size? - and maybe that's the right center vs the smaller CM Center 2 without the mid bass. You can see pictures of my room in the signature link.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
802D , atmos , B W , b&w dm1400 , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090