B&W Owner's Thread - Page 836 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 832Likes

post #25051 of 25058 Old 07-26-2017, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by midblue View Post
I have scoured the internet pretty thoroughly for the past week or so and I can't find any official or unofficial sources that reference a revamp of the CM series. People in this thread are saying they are going to get an overhaul with the continuum cone midrange, maybe change the name to the 700 series. Where is this info coming from? Can anyone post some links with more information about the new version? Is there a pre-order page on the Magnolia website? Any B&W reps in the thread that want to confirm or deny these rumors?

I'm not sure about the new 700 name but I found out from magnolia when I tried to order some white cm6s2 bookshelf speakers. I was told they talked to the Rep and no white ones were available because they stopped making them in anticipation of the new revamp of the cm line with the continuum drivers.

I'm confident this is true because they it's not often you hear that you can't buy something that's for sale at Best Buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25052 of 25058 Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie789 View Post
I'm confident this is true because they it's not often you hear that you can't buy something that's for sale at Best Buy.
It's just interesting that only Magnolia seems to know about it. Not doubting, but I'm in denial since I bought a full set of CM speakers a few months ago. Didn't think it would be a problem since the line was just introduced 3 years ago! I'm trying to assess what the potential differences are, mostly just to see what I'd be missing out on. But also, what if I need to buy more speakers in the future (e.g. front wide) - would the new ones still be a good match? Time will tell. Very happy with the CM series as-is though, so I should probably just ignore this thread...

Sony VPL-HW40ES projector || Denon AVR-X3300W receiver || Outlaw Model 7700 amp || B&W CM10 S2 (front) || B&W CMC2 S2 (center) || B&W CWM 7.4 (surround) || B&W CM5 S2 (surround back) || HSU VTF-3 MK5 subwoofer x2
post #25053 of 25058 Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Here is what a Magnolia guy posted a few days ago in our local Facebook group:

-----------

There's a new CM series coming out later this year. I work at the Magnolia Design Center in **** and we will be getting more information week 2 of August regarding the new series. You can call or text me at **** if you want details or to be kept in the loop when we find out more information

-----------

A friend of mine was told the same thing earlier, when he went in person to a different Magnolia Design Center.

post #25054 of 25058 Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Here is more (copy / paste):

My guy at magnolia said they have three complete atmos systems on order right now for customers. They are supposedly completely overhauled. He told me they sound phenomenal. He was at b&w about a month ago and saw and heard them.
Like · Reply · 1 · July 24 at 1:36pm
Remove

....They might have them at the North American HQ in Boston. I just spoke to our rep about it and that's exactly what he said. Complete overhaul making it a new series altogether
post #25055 of 25058 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
Here is more (copy / paste):

My guy at magnolia said they have three complete atmos systems on order right now for customers. They are supposedly completely overhauled. He told me they sound phenomenal. He was at b&w about a month ago and saw and heard them.

Like · Reply · 1 · July 24 at 1:36pm

Remove

....They might have them at the North American HQ in Boston. I just spoke to our rep about it and that's exactly what he said. Complete overhaul making it a new series altogether

Well, this is very interesting, now that you mention Atmos! I ordered 4 CCM683 from BB two weeks ago, and they are on backorder - not coming in until August 22. Very suspicious, especially with the week-two-of-August timeframe your guy mentioned! I think I'm going to cancel that order and see how this plays out over the next month.

Did they post any additional information about this new Atmos system?

Sony VPL-HW40ES projector || Denon AVR-X3300W receiver || Outlaw Model 7700 amp || B&W CM10 S2 (front) || B&W CMC2 S2 (center) || B&W CWM 7.4 (surround) || B&W CM5 S2 (surround back) || HSU VTF-3 MK5 subwoofer x2
post #25056 of 25058 Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Well, this is very interesting, now that you mention Atmos! I ordered 4 CCM683 from BB two weeks ago, and they are on backorder - not coming in until August 22. Very suspicious, especially with the week-two-of-August timeframe your guy mentioned! I think I'm going to cancel that order and see how this plays out over the next month.

Did they post any additional information about this new Atmos system?

So the CCM line is also being upgraded? I thought it was just the plain old CM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #25057 of 25058 Old Today, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie789 View Post
So the CCM line is also being upgraded? I thought it was just the plain old CM?
Oh, I don't know for sure, just speculating based on the speakers being backordered - but it does seem fairly coincidental!

post #25058 of 25058 Old Today, 09:06 AM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked: 602
Quote:
Oh, I don't know for sure, just speculating based on the speakers being backordered - but it does seem fairly coincidental!
I just had a CM Center 2 S2 ordered on Monday and it came in yesterday. Not sure they're backordered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
802D , atmos , B W , b&w dm1400 , Bowers And Wilkings 685 Speakers , carver cm-1090

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page