KLF-30 and KSW-200 - Good deal? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-22-2006, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have posted this in the Klipsch owners thread but looking for a wider audience.

I have an offer to buy a pair of Klipsch - Legend Series KLF-30 and the Klipsch - Synergy Series KSW-200 for about 670$(all inclusive). How are these speakers rated and is this a good price to pay. I would appreciate hearing from any one to help me decide if these speakers are good.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2006, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The KLF 30s alone at that price would be a very good deal. They typically sell on Ebay for 1000-1200/pair. I answered a craigslist ad that said"klipsch tower speakers, $200". The guy didn't even know what model they were, the were from a HT setup his boss had given him. He had the boxes, original packing materials, and everything. I asked him to look on the back of the speaker, and they were KLF30s!! I couldnt get there fast enough to pick them up. I've had offers of $1200 for mine and turned them down.

Some things to note:
1)they are basically 4 feet tall and weigh over 100pounds. You will not ship or move them easily.

2)the matching center channel (KLF c7) and surrounds (KSP S6) are very hard to find. If you're going to build a theater, be prepared to wait until you find them. The surrounds are dipoles, there is no direct radiating surround that matches. You could use KLF20s or 10s as surrounds, if you have the room for huge towers in those locations.

3)I've found the low end on these a little "meh". I was running them off my Pioneer 1014. Once I put an Adcom 555 on them, they sounded much better. As far as the "harshness" usually complained about with Klipsch, I never noticed it with my 1014 as the processor. The speakers are rated at 200w continuous.

If you don't want these, let me know...Im leaning toward taking a KLF30 or 20 and converting it to a center channel if I cna find one
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page