Thanks a lot for your time, man.
Actually my current 7.4.2 (5.4.4) setup comprises:
- Kef 3000 series for center and surrounds.
- Kef Q100s for fronts.
- Two Kube 2 subs at front of room and two wireless HTB2 subs at the back.
- Crown XLS 1500 runs the Q100s.
- Emotiva A500 BasX runs center, surrounds and back surrounds.
- Pioneer SC-85 takes care of the Atmos.
- A Crown XLS 1502 will soon take care of Atmos too, releasing the SC-85 of any amplifying duty.
The sound is stunning for both music (Optimum Surround and Direct Modes) and movies (Neo: X Cinema, Neo: X Music and Direct Modes), except, yes, for the center channel, no matter what equalization or calibration I try, probably due to the power of the Q100s that the 3000 series center channel can´t handle . So, since I got the Orbs for a bargain (10 mint spheres for 250 bucks, shipped free, with a Klipsch sub) I was thinking of the Mod4 due to raving reviews on the sound of Mod4s 5.1.
I´m aware that best option is a matching Q series central speaker, but since I have the Orbs, no damage in asking. Last night I was researching and found a thread that discussed side by side dual central speakers. Long story short, it works only if speakers are run by independent amplifiers and not bi-wired. So, this weekend I will hook a second 3000 central channel powered by the Emotiva, with a Y splitter in the central channel output of the SC-85. Will post my impressions soon. And will try the Mod4 too, once I receive the stand from Orb.