Forum Jump: 

post #4441 of 6970 Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendude View Post

Hi folks, I'm really considering the Intimus 6C + 6T's to replace my front 3. I'm having a hard time though imagining that a sealed 3-way center is going to blend really well with ported 2-way L+R fronts. I know Aperion has the excellent return policy, but I was wondering if someone could post up their thoughts specifically on pans across the front and how these speakers blend together including their room layout and amplification.

Hi greendude,

Here's a couple clips from a review by Clint DeBoer in Audiholics from 12/09 reviewing the 6T-DB Hybrid.

""Seven Bridges Road" blended perfectly in the room, with the vocals form the falsetto-belting Timothy B. Schmidt combining beautifully with Joe Walsh in the surrounds. Those vocals then melted into Henley (coming from the Aperion 6C center channel), and Don Felder and Glen Frey across the front mains. The effect was intoxicatingly perfect and while you could pick out each artist, the combined ingredients would make Chef Ramsey smile with pleasure."

"The bottom line is that the Aperion Audio Intimus 6T-DB Hybrid XD system is one of those systems you'll get hooked on quickly. There's simply no way to miss how well they mesh together into a cohesive system and how well they handle lots of output without compressing the top end or losing control over the bottom frequencies."

Hope this helps, Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4442 of 6970 Old 10-17-2010, 07:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
So what did everyone think of these at their debut? http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...grand-speakers

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Ap...Speakers.shtml

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #4443 of 6970 Old 10-17-2010, 08:19 AM

Liked: 12
Yes, I went to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver and I was very impressed with the Verus Grand Towers.

First, They are beautiful! The finish on the cabinet is gorgeous, and the curved shape makes them look very aesthetically pleasing. (I am picturing a high wife acceptance factor.) It is about the same width as the 6T, a bit taller, and not as deep. I think the curvature of the cabinet makes it look smaller than it actually is. Very nice work in that regard.

My impression for how it sounds is great! When I hear a new speaker, I love to throw some Rusted Root at it. Their albums are great for testing out speakers. They have lots of varying volumes, aggressive drums, lots of female voices, flutes, acoustic guitars, etc. So I was pleased when the Aperion guys graciously offered to play my Rusted Root CD on the Verus Grand.

Once it started playing, I was very impressed. It handled the flutes and higher frequencies quite well. It handled the lower frequencies quite well too. Although, I think my preference would be to add a subwoofer to the picture. It wasn't that the Verus Grand underperformed on the lower frequencies, but I think a subwoofer could add a little bit if you are into that (which I am). I should also add that lower frequencies on the Verus Grand were very clean and tight.

Lastly, the area where I thought the Verus Grand really shined was the mid frequencies. The guitars and female voices were crystal clear and had a very wide sound to them. The way that the Verus Grand handled the mids left a lasting impression on me. I think Aperion got it right with their new tweeters and lower crossovers.

I should also add that I was very impressed with the sound stage of the Verus Grand. It was most noticeable when Rusted Root was playing multiple drums. It was as if you could pinpoint each drum to a different locations in the room. It was a real treat!

These are just my quick impressions. I wish I could have spent quite a bit more time with them in my own home, but overall I was quite pleased. Take my thoughts for what they are worth. I'm no expert, so I can only tell you what my ears tell me. I am anxiously waiting to read some professional reviews on the Verus Grand Towers.
post #4444 of 6970 Old 10-17-2010, 08:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks gpzbc,I agree hurry up w/ the professinal reviews. But I may not wait.......upgrade time?

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #4445 of 6970 Old 10-17-2010, 09:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

gpzbc- I forgot to mention did you get a chance to "crank it up" and how did it sound?

post #4446 of 6970 Old 10-17-2010, 07:32 PM

Finally pulled the trigger on some speakers/receiver tonight and I will finally be an Aperion speaker owner, partially . Just wanted to say thank you to all that put their thoughts into these forums. I have been combing this site for a few months. All the questions I wanted to ask were already answered somewhere in AVS. I had very limited opportunities for auditioning speakers due to the fact I live in Alaska, and even with ID direct speaker companies like Aperion you still have to eat the shipping costs.

So I went pretty simple compared to most but I think my choices will fill a 18L X 13W X 9H nearly enclosed space comfortably with the sound I want. The winners for my quaint system are:

Front L/R: Aperion 4t's
Center: Aperion 5c
Surrounds: Emotiva ERD-1 (di/bipole)
Subwoofer: Emotiva Ultra Sub 10
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1120

Now I need to ask my first question on this forum, do any of you AV enthusiasts - Aperion owners see any major concerns about the package I threw together?

I have atleast a two week wait ahead before the delivery
post #4447 of 6970 Old 10-17-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

gpzbc- I forgot to mention did you get a chance to "crank it up" and how did it sound?

No, I wasn't able to crank it up. I definitely had it above normal listening levels, but not pushing any limits. They performed beautifully for the levels we were listening at.
post #4448 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzbc View Post

No, I wasn't able to crank it up. I definitely had it above normal listening levels, but not pushing any limits. They performed beautifully for the levels we were listening at.

I was able to visit the Aperion Room at RMAF as well. I was the only one in the room at the time so they were able to play one of my tracks for me and it was quite engaging. I think they are indeed a good value speaker. I listened mainly to the bookshelf version and honestly they sounded better than the $45k Tidal's in the room next door. Granted it was not a direct comparison and the room treatments (or lack thereof) have a big affect on this.

I probably won't get the Aperions even tho I did like them, as I prefer the Salks and I have been saving my pennies for those.
post #4449 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Yes, I went to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver and I was very impressed with the Verus Grand Towers.

First, They are beautiful! The finish on the cabinet is gorgeous, and the curved shape makes them look very aesthetically pleasing. (I am picturing a high wife acceptance factor.) It is about the same width as the 6T, a bit taller, and not as deep. I think the curvature of the cabinet makes it look smaller than it actually is. Very nice work in that regard.

My impression for how it sounds is great! When I hear a new speaker, I love to throw some Rusted Root at it. Their albums are great for testing out speakers. They have lots of varying volumes, aggressive drums, lots of female voices, flutes, acoustic guitars, etc. So I was pleased when the Aperion guys graciously offered to play my Rusted Root CD on the Verus Grand.

Once it started playing, I was very impressed. It handled the flutes and higher frequencies quite well. It handled the lower frequencies quite well too. Although, I think my preference would be to add a subwoofer to the picture. It wasn't that the Verus Grand underperformed on the lower frequencies, but I think a subwoofer could add a little bit if you are into that (which I am). I should also add that lower frequencies on the Verus Grand were very clean and tight.

Lastly, the area where I thought the Verus Grand really shined was the mid frequencies. The guitars and female voices were crystal clear and had a very wide sound to them. The way that the Verus Grand handled the mids left a lasting impression on me. I think Aperion got it right with their new tweeters and lower crossovers.

I should also add that I was very impressed with the sound stage of the Verus Grand. It was most noticeable when Rusted Root was playing multiple drums. It was as if you could pinpoint each drum to a different locations in the room. It was a real treat!

These are just my quick impressions. I wish I could have spent quite a bit more time with them in my own home, but overall I was quite pleased. Take my thoughts for what they are worth. I'm no expert, so I can only tell you what my ears tell me. I am anxiously waiting to read some professional reviews on the Verus Grand Towers.

Cool, glad you were able to make it and thanks for posting your impressions.

I know it's not a formal review, but check this out:

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/ind...res&Itemid=203
post #4450 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Thanks gpzbc,I agree hurry up w/ the professinal reviews. But I may not wait.......upgrade time?

As soon as I saw the Aperion website with the new Verus, I thought of you, Browninggold! I remember your post a while back about the only thing you would upgrade to is if Aperion came out with a 3 way tower.

I just bought the 6T, 6C, 5DB, 10D...and loving them, I might add. However, I do see a potential one year upgrade in my future! (assuming they still have that policy a year from now)

Keep up the good work, Aperion!

Blue
post #4451 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 05:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Nice work Aperion....nice write up and sounds like another winner. I don't think he mentioned the excellent customer service on top of quality sounding speakers.

post #4452 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 05:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Yeah Blue this has got tooooo stop whats next Aperion a Quintuple oooops-

post #4453 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 05:09 PM

I just saw the Verus myself after ordering the 4t and 5c. It looked like their was a screaming deal to be had on those Verus bookshelfs! Oh well, I'm sure I will be amazed with the 4t. Anything has to be better than my current HTIB that makes audible noises once in awhile.
post #4454 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Very cool!
post #4455 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPWF Vizion View Post

I just saw the Verus myself after ordering the 4t and 5c. It looked like their was a screaming deal to be had on those Verus bookshelfs! Oh well, I'm sure I will be amazed with the 4t. Anything has to be better than my current HTIB that makes audible noises once in awhile.

UPWF, I'm sure you will love your new 4T, 5C! That is a very nice package coming your way!!

Let us know what you think.

Blue
post #4456 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 05:30 PM

On the product page for the new Verus Bookshelves it says it is a "2 -way Bass Reflex design" but then on the specs page it lists the enclosure type as "sealed". My guess by the frequency response is that it is ported in the rear. Can anyone verify?

"What brings you to this nape of the woods, neck of the wape; How come you're here?"
post #4457 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Nice! Thanks!
post #4458 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 06:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

By the way Blue excellent memory.....back in july

post #4459 of 6970 Old 10-18-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPWF Vizion View Post

Finally pulled the trigger on some speakers/receiver tonight and I will finally be an Aperion speaker owner, partially . Just wanted to say thank you to all that put their thoughts into these forums. I have been combing this site for a few months. All the questions I wanted to ask were already answered somewhere in AVS. I had very limited opportunities for auditioning speakers due to the fact I live in Alaska, and even with ID direct speaker companies like Aperion you still have to eat the shipping costs.

So I went pretty simple compared to most but I think my choices will fill a 18L X 13W X 9H nearly enclosed space comfortably with the sound I want. The winners for my quaint system are:

Front L/R: Aperion 4t's
Center: Aperion 5c
Surrounds: Emotiva ERD-1 (di/bipole)
Subwoofer: Emotiva Ultra Sub 10
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1120

Now I need to ask my first question on this forum, do any of you AV enthusiasts - Aperion owners see any major concerns about the package I threw together?

I have atleast a two week wait ahead before the delivery

No concerns, and your system should rock the house! Enjoy your system, and let us know how you like it!
post #4460 of 6970 Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 AM

Hicks or any one, can I connect the slimstage 30 with the 8D sub using the HAL?
post #4461 of 6970 Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaforty View Post

Hicks or any one, can I connect the slimstage 30 with the 8D sub using the HAL?

Absolutely, the sub out on the SLIMstage 30 is stereo mini, so just use the mini to mini cable that comes with the HAL to connect the send unit, which will also need to be connected to a AC outlet via the USB adapter.
post #4462 of 6970 Old 10-20-2010, 12:30 PM

Is there an immediate plan to make Dipole/Bipole surround with Verus Grand branding to match other components?
post #4463 of 6970 Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 PM

Ok, just ordered the Grand Towers and Center which I'll compare against my 2 yr. old 6T/6C combo. The 10D and 5DB-s will remain the same for now. Also have an Anthem MRX700 on order along with a Panasonic plasma. Have had a great experience with Aperion so far so I'm willing to be persuaded by the above link with the gushing first impression. Similar approach with the other equipment.

Setting up a dedicated room 22'x22'x8.5' so time for some upgrades.
post #4464 of 6970 Old 10-20-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzzo View Post

Ok, just ordered the Grand Towers and Center which I'll compare against my 2 yr. old 6T/6C combo. The 10D and 5DB-s will remain the same for now. Also have an Anthem MRX700 on order along with a Panasonic plasma. Have had a great experience with Aperion so far so I'm willing to be persuaded by the above link with the gushing first impression. Similar approach with the other equipment.

Setting up a dedicated room 22'x22'x8.5' so time for some upgrades.

Very exciting! I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts on the comparison between the 6T/6C combo and the Verus Grand Towers/Center combo.
post #4465 of 6970 Old 10-20-2010, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post

Is there an immediate plan to make Dipole/Bipole surround with Verus Grand branding to match other components?

Yes, we are working on one and hope to have it launched by the end of the year.
post #4466 of 6970 Old 10-20-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:

Very exciting! I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts on the comparison between the 6T/6C combo and the Verus Grand Towers/Center combo.

I've loved the 6T-s and other than an occasional Paradigm lust, have been pretty content with them. But the idea of dedicated mid-range punch combined with the obvious intoxication of the reviewer makes the Verus impossible for me to resist.

I do wish Aperion would change branding consultants as even the reviewer got confused and called them Versus in the review, as I imagine many will.

I'll check back in when they're up and running.
post #4467 of 6970 Old 10-21-2010, 01:55 AM

Not going to lie. I'm a little miffed. I just bought (2 weeks ago) two 6Ts and the 6C. Now the Verus Grand comes out. ARRG... When I ordered my speakers I had one criteria in mind. Get the biggest, baddest speakers Aperion has to offer. I thought I did just that. Then wham-oo. Please someone put my fears to rest. Someone please tell me the Verus speakers aren't going to blow my newly purchased speakers out of the water. I don't want to feel that the speakers I just purchased have been obsoleted two weeks after I got them.

I know I have the option to return them, but what a pain. Not including the explanation to my wife that the new speakers I just bought are being replaced so soon. Getting her to agree to the 6C and 6Ts was hard enough. I wish Aperion had given me a hint to wait a couple of weeks. Sigh....

When it comes down to it, I'll do what I have to if the Verus is a far superior speaker. I just need to know if all the nonsense I'll have to go through will be worth it.
post #4468 of 6970 Old 10-21-2010, 02:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Its' called upgraditus blacksheepvictor, this HT stuff is addictive and can be expensive. But the 6Ts are no slouch and you will be very happy with them for many years. My 6Ts sound excellent for music/HT but I may be getting the Verus also. Its' just one of those things I must do

post #4469 of 6970 Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzzo View Post

I've loved the 6T-s and other than an occasional Paradigm lust, have been pretty content with them. But the idea of dedicated mid-range punch combined with the obvious intoxication of the reviewer makes the Verus impossible for me to resist.

I do wish Aperion would change branding consultants as even the reviewer got confused and called them Versus in the review, as I imagine many will.

I'll check back in when they're up and running.

Although confusing it for Versus isn't so bad, it's not like we named them Venis or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheepvictor View Post

Not going to lie. I'm a little miffed. I just bought (2 weeks ago) two 6Ts and the 6C. Now the Verus Grand comes out. ARRG... When I ordered my speakers I had one criteria in mind. Get the biggest, baddest speakers Aperion has to offer. I thought I did just that. Then wham-oo. Please someone put my fears to rest. Someone please tell me the Verus speakers aren't going to blow my newly purchased speakers out of the water. I don't want to feel that the speakers I just purchased have been obsoleted two weeks after I got them.

I know I have the option to return them, but what a pain. Not including the explanation to my wife that the new speakers I just bought are being replaced so soon. Getting her to agree to the 6C and 6Ts was hard enough. I wish Aperion had given me a hint to wait a couple of weeks. Sigh....

When it comes down to it, I'll do what I have to if the Verus is a far superior speaker. I just need to know if all the nonsense I'll have to go through will be worth it.

Sorry to hear you are miffed, but since you are still in the 30 day trial period you can send them back and pay only the difference, you are in a much better position than people who will have to pay shipping under the one year trade up policy to make the exchange.
post #4470 of 6970 Old 10-21-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:

Its' called upgraditus blacksheepvictor, this HT stuff is addictive and can be expensive. But the 6Ts are no slouch and you will be very happy with them for many years. My 6Ts sound excellent for music/HT but I may be getting the Verus also. Its' just one of those things I must do

I know. I'm just whining about the hassle. I'm just curious about how much better they sound. I already know I want them and I'm already formulating a plan to explain the swap to my wife. I just wish I didn't need to do any of this. Had I known about the Verus, I would have bought them the first time around.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread - Sr5007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page