14Likes

post #5641 of 6919 Old 10-31-2011, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BESLC View Post

Echoing the other comments on the VGT's, they set a new standard in the Aperion Line.

I was a very early adopter of the Verus Grands, ordering at the first announcement a year ago. Having owned the 6T's, I can say they are a very good speaker..but are not in the same league as the Verus Grands.

In terms of tonal quality the Verus Grands in my opinion provide a truer more vibrant sound than the 6T's..especially in the midrange. Aesthetically, no comparison, the Verus is a beautiful speaker with very appealing lines. As mentioned in a prior posting, the footprint of the Verus is so much more appealing than the 6T. The 6T requires a lot of floor space, which can limit placement as it did in my case.

I am not disparaging the 6T, it is an excellent speaker. As good as the 6T is, the Verus raises the bar that much higher.

Wow, I feel itchy all over. I must be catching upgraditis. :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5642 of 6919 Old 10-31-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonLavs View Post

Wow, I feel itchy all over. I must be catching upgraditis. :P

I had that once.....then I got WAFitis. Put an end to upgraditis really quick.
post #5643 of 6919 Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post

I had that once.....then I got WAFitis. Put an end to upgraditis really quick.

Yes, I think I will have that same "cure" as well. Especially having just recently finished my HT. It's too bad because I have a 2nd room I'd like to fill out.
post #5644 of 6919 Old 10-31-2011, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcubed View Post

i'm looking at the intimus in walls (3 of the 6-LCR and 2 6-ICs). Moving away from free standings to get some floor room back. Anyone have any experience with the in-walls? I'm doing a remodel so will be able to get them in correctly, surround with insulation, etc. Am I going to lose much going the in-wall route? I'm willing to make some trade-offs for the space and hoping that they should be more then ok for my normal gaming/movie/TV watching.

With an in wall/in ceilings speaker you just don't quite get the same 3-d soundstage that you get from cabinet speakers. That said the 6LCR are an outstanding in wall speaker and get you pretty close to the quality of a speaker like the 5B and in terms of bass will actually go a bit deeper than the 5B.

As long as your expectations are realistic and aren't looking for them to sound like a floor standing cabinet speaker, then I think you'll be happy with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBFree View Post

Thanks Jason.

I think I am going to order 3 x GVTs for the front (going with an AT screen) and 4 x Verus Surround Di/Bipoles for the surrounds.

From the chat session, it sounds like that would qualify for the discount (may have to order the system and then send an email asking for the price to be adjusted).

However, still not decided on the subs - I was looking at the Hsu VTF-3 MK4 subs previously and still am digging them. Any comparison to those and the Bravus IIa 12Ds?

The HSU VTF-3 is a much larger sub, so it will go a bit deeper than the Bravus 12D. But one advantage that the 12D has over it, beside a much smaller footprint, is that it is a passive radiator design while the HSU is ported. To my ear the passive radiator design has a tighter more musical quality.

I hope that helps!
post #5645 of 6919 Old 11-02-2011, 03:57 PM

I haven't been following this thread, but I was wondering what owners (and/or Hicks) think of the new model 4T? Anything different acoustically? Is it better/worse?
post #5646 of 6919 Old 11-03-2011, 03:59 AM

Last year, I bought a Verus Grand system to upgrade the Klipsch system in my bedroom. It sounded so good that I bought another Verus Grand system last week for my living room as an upgrade. When I received the speakers and set them up, one of the two rear bookshelves woofer did not work. I called Aperion and they quickly sent out a replacement. Their customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. Matt was awesome.

The Grand series is one of the best I have heard in this price range - better than B&W and Def Tech. I auditioned at BB

Justin

Panasonic 50" Plasma TC-P50-GT30
Panasonic 58" Plasma TC-P58V10
Panasonic Blu Ray Player DMP-BDT 210 and 110
Marantz SR6006 (2)
Aperion Verus Grand Speakers

post #5647 of 6919 Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I am thinking of setting up a 2.1 system,(eventually a 5.1) the speakers will be the verus bookshelfs, the sub would either be the bravos 8 or the emotivia 12 which they have on closeout at a good price, myquestion is on the verus bookshelfs, I have a nad t955 5 channeel amp that I plan to use, but I was wondering about selling it and using a mid priced receiver, how would the verus perform musicly with amp compared to a receiver, thanks
post #5648 of 6919 Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I haven't been following this thread, but I was wondering what owners (and/or Hicks) think of the new model 4T? Anything different acoustically? Is it better/worse?

They are pretty close, the new version is a little more sensitive and has maybe just a touch less bass as a result. But they do sound very similar to my ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinto View Post

Last year, I bought a Verus Grand system to upgrade the Klipsch system in my bedroom. It sounded so good that I bought another Verus Grand system last week for my living room as an upgrade. When I received the speakers and set them up, one of the two rear bookshelves woofer did not work. I called Aperion and they quickly sent out a replacement. Their customer service is the best I have ever dealt with. Matt was awesome.

The Grand series is one of the best I have heard in this price range - better than B&W and Def Tech. I auditioned at BB

Cool, thanks for the repeat order and I am glad to hear Matt took care of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer View Post

I am thinking of setting up a 2.1 system,(eventually a 5.1) the speakers will be the verus bookshelfs, the sub would either be the bravos 8 or the emotivia 12 which they have on closeout at a good price, myquestion is on the verus bookshelfs, I have a nad t955 5 channeel amp that I plan to use, but I was wondering about selling it and using a mid priced receiver, how would the verus perform musicly with amp compared to a receiver, thanks

It depends on which midpriced receiver you are thinking about, but that NAD is an excellent amp. You might want to keep it as it will drive the VGBs quite well.
post #5649 of 6919 Old 11-09-2011, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey guys,

We are closing out the 5Ts and 5C in the original cherry and high gloss finishes, so we've dropped the price on the 5T to $790/pair and the 5C to $300.

I don't expect that they will last very long so I would recommend jumping on it if you were thinking of grabbing these.
post #5650 of 6919 Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Liked: 13
Hi Jason,

I asked this on the Aperion board as well but thought I'd ask here too. Building an HT with a false wall and AT screen. thinking of placing (3) 5T behind for LCR. Room is approx. 2400 cuft. First row at about 11 ft, second at 17 ft. With the three 5T's work in this space to give a encompasing soudstage? Will these produce enough sound output for the size room?

Room is/will be acoustically treated.

Thanks
post #5651 of 6919 Old 11-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Just wondering what you guys think is the best amp to power your Aperion Audio speakers? I personally have the 6-series (6T, 6C, 6B) all around and I'm wondering if I can get even better sound with an amp. I've been looking at the Emotiva XPA-5, but I have a 7.2 setup. Someone suggested in the Amps section that I get the XPA-5 and then hook up the rear surrounds to the AVR (Onkyo 875). What do you guys think? Can you give any before and after thoughts of purchasing an amp with regards to sound quality?
post #5652 of 6919 Old 11-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post

Hi Jason,

I asked this on the Aperion board as well but thought I'd ask here too. Building an HT with a false wall and AT screen. thinking of placing (3) 5T behind for LCR. Room is approx. 2400 cuft. First row at about 11 ft, second at 17 ft. With the three 5T's work in this space to give a encompasing soudstage? Will these produce enough sound output for the size room?

Room is/will be acoustically treated.

Thanks

I'm actually in the exact same situation, and after 4 calls and chats with these guys, ordered 3, 5Ts today- sounds like it will be perfect- I'm in a room thats 22x15x8- with aprx same seating distance - I will add 2 surrounds, and 2 rears at a later date- got 30 days to try and see either way
post #5653 of 6919 Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by filetandrelease View Post

I'm actually in the exact same situation, and after 4 calls and chats with these guys, ordered 3, 5Ts today- sounds like it will be perfect- I'm in a room thats 22x15x8- with aprx same seating distance - I will add 2 surrounds, and 2 rears at a later date- got 30 days to try and see either way

Excellent - I just did the same. Great deal with the special price!
post #5654 of 6919 Old 11-11-2011, 12:42 PM

God Aperion stop making headlines I kinda didn't want everyone to know ....lol
post #5655 of 6919 Old 11-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaforty View Post

God Aperion stop making headlines I kinda didn't want everyone to know ....lol

Link?
post #5656 of 6919 Old 11-12-2011, 04:01 AM

Quote:

Link?

It's the Home Theater mag review. I usually check AVS on my phone so i don't always Get to scroll through the thread but I figured it had been posted. but just in case...

http://hometheaterreview.com/aperion...kers-reviewed/
post #5657 of 6919 Old 11-12-2011, 06:29 PM

I am in the market for a subwoofer upgrade and I'm eyeing the Bravus IIa 10D. But I have some questions for you experts out there:

1. How different is it from the previous model, the Bravus II 10D? There are positive reviews online of the old model, but I couldn't find a review of the IIa 10D.

2. The Aperion website says that they ditched the onboard PEQ in this new model. Should I care? My receiver (Yamaha A2000) says it's YPAO auto adjustment system will EQ the sub. Does that mean I don't need an EQ on the sub itself?

3. Lastly, will this thing piss off my neighbors? I live in an apartment, but one with excellent sound insulation.

For more background, I'm currently running a 5.1 system with 5T fronts, 5C center, and 5B surrounds, plus a Polk PSW 111 8" sub.

I listen to about equal parts movies and music.

Thanks!
post #5658 of 6919 Old 11-15-2011, 01:00 PM

Liked: 12
I am anticipating moving a Denon 1911 AVR from another location to my bedroom, so naturally I have to consider upgrading the Polk RM6750 speakers I have there

BR is 15X20x8. Speakers will be on the 15' wall with the listening position a reclining loveseat 7' away. My wife and I do almost all our broadcast TV viewing here, and I listen to quite a bit of music--mostly Pandora, Rhapsody, and internet radio. Nearly all of our movie viewing and serious music listening is done in our living room setup. However, we do watch the occasional Blu-Ray in the BR. All BR listening is done at a moderate volume.

I currently have a Dayton 10" sub in the BR which I anticipate continuing to use until I can upgrade to a better sub. I also am wondering if I can still use the surrounds from the RM6750 set until I can upgrade them--likely to the appropriate Aperions. I do plan to get a center at the same time as the fronts.

The 4T's initially caught my interest because of their small size and light weight. One will be in front of a rarely used door to the porch. I'd prefer something easy to move so that we can continue to use that door as an emergency exit and won't have a big task when we need to use that door for something such as moving furniture in and out of the BR.

I'm certain the 5T's would sound better than the 4T's and would look better since the recent change in the finish on the 4T's. I'm willing to consider them if necessary, but after examining the frequency and resistance graphs on the 5T, I'm concerned if the Denon 1911 would drive them without difficulties even if using a powered sub.

I'm also wondering if the 4C would be adequate as a center at our listening/viewing distance as I'd prefer a short speaker so I won't have to raise my plasma display which sits on top of a stand. With the 5C I'd have to raise the display a few inches. If I read a previous post in this thread correctly, even the 4C would blend well with the 5T's.

All suggestions are welcome.
post #5659 of 6919 Old 11-15-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ames View Post

I am anticipating moving a Denon 1911 AVR from another location to my bedroom, so naturally I have to consider upgrading the Polk RM6750 speakers I have there

Naturally :P

You do have a good sized room for a bedroom and I would probably suggest the 5Ts for your situation, however, I think the 4Ts would probably work too. If you can manage, I would also go with the 5C. I think the 5T is a good middle ground when balancing weight vs. SQ. It's about half the thickness of the old 6Ts, but with a fuller mid-range and bass than the 4T (as I've been told). Personally, I would go as big as you can comfortably manage. About the look in the 4Ts, I actually like the look and how Aperion changed up the feet. I've been thinking of getting a set for my bonus room downstairs where I have a HT set up as my 2nd setup. So far I just have some really old speakers and AVR down there.
post #5660 of 6919 Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaksauce5 View Post

I am in the market for a subwoofer upgrade and I'm eyeing the Bravus IIa 10D. But I have some questions for you experts out there:

1. How different is it from the previous model, the Bravus II 10D? There are positive reviews online of the old model, but I couldn't find a review of the IIa 10D.

2. The Aperion website says that they ditched the onboard PEQ in this new model. Should I care? My receiver (Yamaha A2000) says it's YPAO auto adjustment system will EQ the sub. Does that mean I don't need an EQ on the sub itself?

3. Lastly, will this thing piss off my neighbors? I live in an apartment, but one with excellent sound insulation.

For more background, I'm currently running a 5.1 system with 5T fronts, 5C center, and 5B surrounds, plus a Polk PSW 111 8" sub.

I listen to about equal parts movies and music.

Thanks!

Hello there:

The sound of the Bravus IIa and Bravus II 10D are very similar although one edge that the IIa has is that it features a 500 watt amp and the II had a 400 watt amp. The biggest difference though are the features as we got rid of the remote and EQ features with the IIa subs in order to drop the price and make the sub a little easier to use. Also the IIa comes in a matte black finish while the II was available in high gloss black and cherry.

Right we got rid of the EQ because when we talked to customers we found that most of them didn't really use it. Sure you can use the EQ in your receiver, either through the YPAO or manually and similarly alter the sub's sound parameters that way.

Well I suppose that depends on how loud you play your content and if your tastes are similar to that of your neighbors.

Seriously though the sub has its own volume control, so if it is too loud you can just turn it down via the knob on the back.

I hope that helps!

Quote:

BR is 15X20x8. Speakers will be on the 15' wall with the listening position a reclining loveseat 7' away. My wife and I do almost all our broadcast TV viewing here, and I listen to quite a bit of music--mostly Pandora, Rhapsody, and internet radio. Nearly all of our movie viewing and serious music listening is done in our living room setup. However, we do watch the occasional Blu-Ray in the BR. All BR listening is done at a moderate volume.

I currently have a Dayton 10" sub in the BR which I anticipate continuing to use until I can upgrade to a better sub. I also am wondering if I can still use the surrounds from the RM6750 set until I can upgrade them--likely to the appropriate Aperions. I do plan to get a center at the same time as the fronts.

The 4T's initially caught my interest because of their small size and light weight. One will be in front of a rarely used door to the porch. I'd prefer something easy to move so that we can continue to use that door as an emergency exit and won't have a big task when we need to use that door for something such as moving furniture in and out of the BR.

I'm certain the 5T's would sound better than the 4T's and would look better since the recent change in the finish on the 4T's. I'm willing to consider them if necessary, but after examining the frequency and resistance graphs on the 5T, I'm concerned if the Denon 1911 would drive them without difficulties even if using a powered sub.

I'm also wondering if the 4C would be adequate as a center at our listening/viewing distance as I'd prefer a short speaker so I won't have to raise my plasma display which sits on top of a stand. With the 5C I'd have to raise the display a few inches. If I read a previous post in this thread correctly, even the 4C would blend well with the 5T's.

All suggestions are welcome.

I think you would be alright with the 4T/4C, but that said the 5Ts/5C are a nice step up. Specifically in terms of the midrange performance for music from the 5Ts and the dialogue clarity for movies from the 5C. With the recent price drop they really are a great deal and well worth the extra $280 if you can make them work.

I hope that helps but please let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!
post #5661 of 6919 Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Naturally :P

You do have a good sized room for a bedroom and I would probably suggest the 5Ts for your situation, however, I think the 4Ts would probably work too. If you can manage, I would also go with the 5C. I think the 5T is a good middle ground when balancing weight vs. SQ. It's about half the thickness of the old 6Ts, but with a fuller mid-range and bass than the 4T (as I've been told). Personally, I would go as big as you can comfortably manage. About the look in the 4Ts, I actually like the look and how Aperion changed up the feet. I've been thinking of getting a set for my bonus room downstairs where I have a HT set up as my 2nd setup. So far I just have some really old speakers and AVR down there.

Thanks for the response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

I think you would be alright with the 4T/4C, but that said the 5Ts/5C are a nice step up. Specifically in terms of the midrange performance for music from the 5Ts and the dialogue clarity for movies from the 5C. With the recent price drop they really are a great deal and well worth the extra $280 if you can make them work.

I hope that helps but please let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Seems as if I heard that recommendation already . It's hard even for me to ignore the same advice twice. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The only question I really have at this point is whether my Denon 1911 AVR will have any difficulties with the 5Ts, a 5C, and a pair of Aperion surrounds?
post #5662 of 6919 Old 11-16-2011, 12:06 PM

Here is my (amateur) review of the Verus Forte Bookshelf Speaker!

Intro:

First off, let me say that I'm no audio expert and do not have much experience at all with high end audio products. The Aperion Verus Forte Bookshelves were my first real speakers that I've had in my home, and the first real speakers that I have spent more than ten minutes listening to. I've had these speakers for about a month now and have spent quite a bit of time with them listening to both music and movies. With that being said, I'll get on with my review.

Setup and Room:

Currently, I'm running a pair of these speakers as my main left and right speakers in my living room. I have them paired with a HSU VTF-15H subwoofer for the low end (crossed over at 80hz) and these are mated to a Marantz 6005 receiver. My listening area is about 13ft by 13ft, but the room is about 21 feet long by 13 feet wide. The VFB is not quite large enough to really fill the room with sound, but for its size it does a really good job! I'm planning to exchange for a larger Aperion Bookshelf speaker soon, but I wanted to see how the VFB performed in a room about my size first.

A quick note on filling the room with sound:

I'd just like to clarify that when I say that the VFBs can't properly fill my room with sound, I'm not saying that they can't get loud enough, but rather that they don't sound big in my room. I can easily get these speakers loud enough to be easily heard throughout the whole house. But in my living room, these speakers still sound just a bit small instead of providing a nice large sound.

Build Quality and Aesthetics:

Again, I'm no expert. These speakers are heavy for their and they look great! The cabinet is solid, beautifully designed, and oozes quality.

First Impressions:

Upon hooking the speakers up for the first time, and before they had any time to break in, I could immediately tell that there was a significant leap in sound quality, imaging, detail, and clarity over most other speakers I have heard before.

Thoughts on Music Listening:

Everything is clear, detailed, and imaging is great! Vocals sound very natural, instruments sound great, you can hear all the little nuances in a piece of music, and all of the space between the left and right speaker is filled with music! For being Aperion's smallest Verus line speaker, this thing sure sounds good! It handled all the music I could throw at it well, except perhaps for very heavy rock music. When playing that kind of music, things sounded just a little congested to me. This may not be the speaker, it may be the receiver not being able to deliver enough power to the speaker, or me having to turn it up too loud in order to compensate for the VFB's non-room filling size. But aside from that, I've been rewarded with amazing sound for the last month!

Thoughts on Movies:

The imaging of these speakers really helps out with movies. Despite only running a 2.1 configuration, the dialogue always sounded like it was coming from the center of the screen. The VFBs made voices sound natural, provided great detail on every scene (whether it was a calm scene or action packed), and overall sounded very good and provided a very decent movie experience. The speakers never completely disappeared with any of the content I listened to, but they came close. Movies were definitely more immersive than I'm used to.

Shortcomings:

Really, there are only two shortcomings of the VFBs in my opinion. Firstly, as mentioned before, they can't fill a large room well. But again, they weren't designed to. If you have a small listening area or don't mind if your whole room is filled with sound then the VFBs would be a great choice for you. Secondly, the VFBs don't have great bass extension. This isn't a huge issue for me because I'm running a sub with them, but if you don't have a sub or like to listen to 2 channel music without one, you'll be missing a lot of low end.

Conclusion:

Aside from these speakers sounding a little congested on some heavy rock music, not being able to fill my room super well, and lacking in the bass department, there's really nothing not to like about these speakers. They provide very clear and detailed sound, they image very well, and they sound very natural. Female and male voices sound great, and instrumental music is a treat! I really enjoy these speakers, and I'm sure you would too!
post #5663 of 6919 Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Hello there:

The sound of the Bravus IIa and Bravus II 10D are very similar although one edge that the IIa has is that it features a 500 watt amp and the II had a 400 watt amp. The biggest difference though are the features as we got rid of the remote and EQ features with the IIa subs in order to drop the price and make the sub a little easier to use. Also the IIa comes in a matte black finish while the II was available in high gloss black and cherry.

Right we got rid of the EQ because when we talked to customers we found that most of them didn't really use it. Sure you can use the EQ in your receiver, either through the YPAO or manually and similarly alter the sub's sound parameters that way.

Well I suppose that depends on how loud you play your content and if your tastes are similar to that of your neighbors.

Seriously though the sub has its own volume control, so if it is too loud you can just turn it down via the knob on the back.

I hope that helps!

no offense, but all your desription of the new bravus sub tells me is that they cut cost, I wanted to get the versus grand bookshelf in cherry, but I wanted a matching sub, but thanks anyway for the info.
post #5664 of 6919 Old 11-17-2011, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the response!

Seems as if I heard that recommendation already . It's hard even for me to ignore the same advice twice. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The only question I really have at this point is whether my Denon 1911 AVR will have any difficulties with the 5Ts, a 5C, and a pair of Aperion surrounds?

Yeah in a room of that size the 1911 should drive them well. The 5T/5C are more sensitive than the 4T/4C and thus easier to drive, so there's yet another advantage of going up to the 5 series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcisbig View Post

Here is my (amateur) review of the Verus Forte Bookshelf Speaker!

Intro:

First off, let me say that I’m no audio expert and do not have much experience at all with high end audio products. The Aperion Verus Forte Bookshelves were my first “real” speakers that I’ve had in my home, and the first “real” speakers that I have spent more than ten minutes listening to. I’ve had these speakers for about a month now and have spent quite a bit of time with them listening to both music and movies. With that being said, I’ll get on with my review.

Setup and Room:

Currently, I’m running a pair of these speakers as my main left and right speakers in my living room. I have them paired with a HSU VTF-15H subwoofer for the low end (crossed over at 80hz) and these are mated to a Marantz 6005 receiver. My listening area is about 13ft by 13ft, but the room is about 21 feet long by 13 feet wide. The VFB is not quite large enough to really “fill” the room with sound, but for its size it does a really good job! I’m planning to exchange for a larger Aperion Bookshelf speaker soon, but I wanted to see how the VFB performed in a room about my size first.

A quick note on “filling” the room with sound:

I’d just like to clarify that when I say that the VFBs can’t properly “fill” my room with sound, I’m not saying that they can’t get loud enough, but rather that they don’t sound “big” in my room. I can easily get these speakers loud enough to be easily heard throughout the whole house. But in my living room, these speakers still sound just a bit “small” instead of providing a nice “large” sound.

Build Quality and Aesthetics:

Again, I’m no expert. These speakers are heavy for their and they look great! The cabinet is solid, beautifully designed, and oozes quality.

First Impressions:

Upon hooking the speakers up for the first time, and before they had any time to break in, I could immediately tell that there was a significant leap in sound quality, imaging, detail, and clarity over most other speakers I have heard before.

Thoughts on Music Listening:

Everything is clear, detailed, and imaging is great! Vocals sound very natural, instruments sound great, you can hear all the little nuances in a piece of music, and all of the space between the left and right speaker is filled with music! For being Aperion’s smallest Verus line speaker, this thing sure sounds good! It handled all the music I could throw at it well, except perhaps for very heavy rock music. When playing that kind of music, things sounded just a little congested to me. This may not be the speaker, it may be the receiver not being able to deliver enough power to the speaker, or me having to turn it up too loud in order to compensate for the VFB’s non-room filling size. But aside from that, I’ve been rewarded with amazing sound for the last month!

Thoughts on Movies:

The imaging of these speakers really helps out with movies. Despite only running a 2.1 configuration, the dialogue always sounded like it was coming from the center of the screen. The VFBs made voices sound natural, provided great detail on every scene (whether it was a calm scene or action packed), and overall sounded very good and provided a very decent movie experience. The speakers never completely “disappeared” with any of the content I listened to, but they came close. Movies were definitely more immersive than I’m used to.

Shortcomings:

Really, there are only two shortcomings of the VFBs in my opinion. Firstly, as mentioned before, they can’t “fill” a large room well. But again, they weren’t designed to. If you have a small listening area or don’t mind if your whole room is filled with sound then the VFBs would be a great choice for you. Secondly, the VFBs don’t have great bass extension. This isn’t a huge issue for me because I’m running a sub with them, but if you don’t have a sub or like to listen to 2 channel music without one, you’ll be missing a lot of low end.

Conclusion:

Aside from these speakers sounding a little congested on some heavy rock music, not being able to fill my room super well, and lacking in the bass department, there’s really nothing not to like about these speakers. They provide very clear and detailed sound, they image very well, and they sound very natural. Female and male voices sound great, and instrumental music is a treat! I really enjoy these speakers, and I’m sure you would too!

Awesome write up, thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer View Post

no offense, but all your desription of the new bravus sub tells me is that they cut cost, I wanted to get the versus grand bookshelf in cherry, but I wanted a matching sub, but thanks anyway for the info.

The retail price of the Bravus IIa is $100 less than the Bravus II so it would logically follow that our production cost is also lower.

I did mention that the amp in the IIa is 100 watts more powerful though, which doesn't make a gigantic difference in terms of performance, but it is still an upgrade.
post #5665 of 6919 Old 11-23-2011, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey everybody we've got three promos going right now for Black Friday and for the beginning of next week:

Save $400 on the Intimus 5B Harmony SD and Verus Forte Tower SD and save $100 on the Zona Wireless system.

Also we are doing a bundle right now where you can get two 8D subs with all the Zona HAL pieces you need to make them wireless for $800.

Check it out and happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.aperionaudio.com/holiday2011.aspx

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/...43,66,936.aspx
post #5666 of 6919 Old 11-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Hicks,

I just wanted to stop by and thank you and jonLavs for persuading me to go with the 5T/5C combo rather than the 4T/4C. They arrived today along with a pair of 4BP's. I probably would have been happy with the 4T's and 4C, but I am thrilled with these so far.

Kudos to Aperion for their customer service, shipping, etc. I guess I'll hold on to the shipping boxes for 30 days just in case, but I'm tempted to put them out with the trash on Monday.

The 5T's are not as big and imposing as I was afraid they'd be. My wife was relieved to see they're much smaller than the vintage towers in our living room. I just ran Audyssey on my Denon 1911 receiver and have been listening for an hour or so. They sound great on the little I've heard thus far on both 2.1 and 5.1. The 1911 seems to be fine driving them (at least for my bedroom setup) which was my biggest reservation. Audyssey set the crossover on the 5C to 80hz and set the 5T's and 4BP's at 40hz. I raised them all to 80hz and they sound really good, even with the mediocre subwoofer that I've kept from my previous setup.
post #5667 of 6919 Old 11-27-2011, 07:48 PM

I am in the process of purchasing the new Verus dipole surround.
My inclination is not to mount them on the wall. Could I put them on floor stands ?
Could I just get the regular floor stands for the verus grand bookshelf ?
Thanks

Mokenny (newbie)
post #5668 of 6919 Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hey everybody we've got three promos going right now for Black Friday and for the beginning of next week:

Save $400 on the Intimus 5B Harmony SD and Verus Forte Tower SD and save $100 on the Zona Wireless system.

Also we are doing a bundle right now where you can get two 8D subs with all the Zona HAL pieces you need to make them wireless for $800.

Check it out and happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.aperionaudio.com/holiday2011.aspx

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/...43,66,936.aspx

Hi Jason,

I have Klipsch RF-82II's up front driven by my Denon 4311 and EMO XPA-5 amp. I am looking for my "DREAM SPEAKERS" up front for my Mains FL/FR.

I have been searching/reviewing for months different Mfg's/Model numbers and came across the VGT Towers. Many excellent reviews, then starting looking at specs and plots and noticed the following missing from the Aperion VGT listing for your tower:

1.) Off-Axis FR Plot (Hopefully out to +/- 70 degrees) Horizontally

Only have On-Axis Plot

2.) Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 92dB SPL from 20-20kHz.

3.) Plot of Impedance and PHASE vs. Frequency

Only have Impedance

4.) Deviation from Linearity

5.) Listening Window (5 Pt. Meas.) vs. Freq.

Similar to what NRC has done for your bookshelf speaker, but NOT the Verus GRAND Towers.

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/ind...d=77&Itemid=18

I am on the fence at present until this data becomes available.

Maybe you could post it here for us all to see the aforementioned plots/data for the Aperion Verus Grand Towers.

Thanks,
Dennis
post #5669 of 6919 Old 11-29-2011, 12:43 PM

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has the Denon 4311CI set up with Aperion Intimus 4T Summit Wireless 7.1

Got these speakers recently, their receiver is really bare. Speakers are decent, I need to upgrade the receiver, want to get Denon 4311CI.

If anyone has a set up like this or knows of any issues, please let me know. I've posted in the Denon 4311CI and sounds like I won't be able to take that receiver's full features.

What are the best options for an upgrade on the receiver with Apple Air Play, I am not happy with the stock receiver at all.

Thanks!
post #5670 of 6919 Old 11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volk1 View Post

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has the Denon 4311CI set up with Aperion Intimus 4T Summit Wireless 7.1

Got these speakers recently, their receiver is really bare. Speakers are decent, I need to upgrade the receiver, want to get Denon 4311CI.

If anyone has a set up like this or knows of any issues, please let me know. I've posted in the Denon 4311CI and sounds like I won't be able to take that receiver's full features.

What are the best options for an upgrade on the receiver with Apple Air Play, I am not happy with the stock receiver at all.

Thanks!

I have the Denon AVR-4311CI setup with an Emotiva XPA-5, driving 5.(.2) Klipsch setup.

Excellent AVR, the Denon 4311 -- to me a Flagship AVR, and I LOVE IT !!

I have Airplay on the 4311 (free upgrade), but don't use it.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page