*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 192 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5731 of 6945 Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can anyone tell me the thread size for wall/ceiling mounting the Verus Grand Bookshelves?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 6945 Old 01-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, after maybe a year of eying them, I finally pulled the trigger on the Verus Grand family + Verus surrounds. The $300 off promotion was too good to miss out on. I gradually replaced my entire family room system in the last 3 months starting with an Oppo 93, then a Standout Designs Horizon XL, then a Panasonic 65 VT30, Emotiva XPA5, and Integra 40.3. Last thing on the list is an SVS SB13 in Cherry to match my Aperions.

Having done all this in a short time, I can only hope I stay content with what I have for another 5 years. Wish me luck and happy listening.
post #5733 of 6945 Old 01-12-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post

Since this thread has had no action this year....I thought I would just post to bump it up, and say "Happy New Year" to all my fellow Aperion Speaker Owners, and Aperion Audio Gurus.

Thanks and happy new year to you as well scottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post

Can anyone tell me the thread size for wall/ceiling mounting the Verus Grand Bookshelves?

Thanks.

Yes they are a 1/4" 20 thread insert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksilkx View Post

Well, after maybe a year of eying them, I finally pulled the trigger on the Verus Grand family + Verus surrounds. The $300 off promotion was too good to miss out on. I gradually replaced my entire family room system in the last 3 months starting with an Oppo 93, then a Standout Designs Horizon XL, then a Panasonic 65 VT30, Emotiva XPA5, and Integra 40.3. Last thing on the list is an SVS SB13 in Cherry to match my Aperions.

Having done all this in a short time, I can only hope I stay content with what I have for another 5 years. Wish me luck and happy listening.

Thanks for the order and feel free to let us know what you think of them!
post #5734 of 6945 Old 01-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Yes they are a 1/4" 20 thread insert.

Yep, you told me the same thing via customer chat. :-)

I just pulled the trigger on a set of verus grand towers, a verus grand center, and the $300 promotion "tricked" me into adding a set of verus grand bookshelves. Gloss black.

The bookshelves are going to be used as front presence since I already have 4 emotiva bi/di-poles handling surround duty. Awaiting arrival of an SVS PC13 Ultra for sub duties (ordered yesterday). All being fed from a yamaha rxa-3000 combined with a sunfire cinema grand signature (5 x 405 wpc) .

I plan to use the cinema grand sig to bi-amp the towers and run the center, and let the yamaha power the surrounds and presence.

Can't wait to set it all up...but the room isn't finished quite yet!
post #5735 of 6945 Old 01-17-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep, you told me the same thing via customer chat. :-)

I just pulled the trigger on a set of verus grand towers, a verus grand center, and the $300 promotion "tricked" me into adding a set of verus grand bookshelves. Gloss black.

The bookshelves are going to be used as front presence since I already have 4 emotiva bi/di-poles handling surround duty. Awaiting arrival of an SVS PC13 Ultra for sub duties (ordered yesterday). All being fed from a yamaha rxa-3000 combined with a sunfire cinema grand signature (5 x 405 wpc) .

I plan to use the cinema grand sig to bi-amp the towers and run the center, and let the yamaha power the surrounds and presence.

Can't wait to set it all up...but the room isn't finished quite yet!

Ha, I thought that was you but you never know.

Thanks for the order and feel free to let us know how they are working out once you have played with them for a while, thanks!
post #5736 of 6945 Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 41
If anyone has any interest in a pair of original cherry wood 4T's and matching 5C, let me know. My house is crowded and these need a new home.

Besides, the VGB have my attention now... and at some point, I'll be demo'ing those.
post #5737 of 6945 Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 PM

Currently running 6T,6C,5BP and 2 SVS subs.

I'm looking to make a rear surround upgrade to go 7.2 fairly soon and I don't know which speaker to go with?

I was thinking to just buy the 4B for $130 in Gloss Black to match my other speakers. Would these be ok for just rear surround use?

My other thought was a pair of the versus forte satellite?

No matter which I pick, I will not be able to mount them on the wall which stinks but the wife laid down the law. So should I have a preference between either of these speakers? And does anyone know of a good stand that can raise up pretty high to use as rear surround holders?

Thanks!!
post #5738 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwheels View Post

I'm looking to make a rear surround upgrade to go 7.2 fairly soon and I don't know which speaker to go with?

I was thinking to just buy the 4B for $130 in Gloss Black to match my other speakers. Would these be ok for just rear surround use?

No matter which I pick, I will not be able to mount them on the wall which stinks but the wife laid down the law. So should I have a preference between either of these speakers? And does anyone know of a good stand that can raise up pretty high to use as rear surround holders?

Thanks!!

If you can't mount them on the wall, I'm sure Alphaii from previous post will sell you his 4Ts for $130

Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

post #5739 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

If you can't mount them on the wall, I'm sure Alphaii from previous post will sell you his 4Ts for $130

won't these be sitting way to low on the ground compared to my surrounds though? I have pics of my setup in this thread dated from 5-2010 a bunch of pages back. I would be putting one rear surround on each side of the projector stand. If the towers would work I would buy them but the placement may be an issue.
Jeff
post #5740 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

Lol... I think your numbers are bit off...
post #5741 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaiii View Post

If anyone has any interest in a pair of original cherry wood 4T's and matching 5C, let me know. My house is crowded and these need a new home.

You can always build a storage shed!

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PA-R200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #5742 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks!!

I would do the 4Bs, for rear surround use I doubt you will hear much of a difference between them and the Forte Satellites.

We sell these stands for the 4B and they can telescope up to 42 inches which will put the top of the speaker at a height of 51 inches which is pretty close to ideal for surround use.

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/...14,40,876.aspx

I hope that helps!
post #5743 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

You can always build a storage shed!

At this point I need one... Some Wharfedale Evo2's just made there way into my home too...
post #5744 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 12:01 PM

I'm looking into the aperion versus grand lineup for my next upgrade and I had a question about the center. The manual says it comes with rubber feet that allow you to angle the speaker. How much of an angle change does it allow and how much does it increase the height of the speaker? Thanks
post #5745 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaxphenomx View Post

I'm looking into the aperion versus grand lineup for my next upgrade and I had a question about the center. The manual says it comes with rubber feet that allow you to angle the speaker. How much of an angle change does it allow and how much does it increase the height of the speaker? Thanks

Hello there,

The feet angle the speaker about 8.5 degrees and add 5/8 of an inch.
post #5746 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Hello there,

The feet angle the speaker about 8.5 degrees and add 5/8 of an inch.

Thanks for the response. I'm considering these speakers and Salk SongTowers for 80% home theater. Any good reasons to choose Verus Grand? I'm thinking the center will be much better than Salk SongCenter for HT.
post #5747 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

won't these be sitting way to low on the ground compared to my surrounds though? I have pics of my setup in this thread dated from 5-2010 a bunch of pages back. I would be putting one rear surround on each side of the projector stand. If the towers would work I would buy them but the placement may be an issue.
Jeff

The 4Ts are the towers...may be a couple of inches low, but similar to height/footprint to what a stand will do for bookshelves. Some use towers for surrounds...a little overkill IMO, but some have different set-ups/desires (i.e. no sub - full range all around).

Martin

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

post #5748 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post

You have to call and ask.... most if not all my Aperion set up is b-stock. (although they look brand new). Great way to save a few $$

Does anyone else have experience with their scratch and dent stuff? I spoke to one of their sales people today and I'm thinking about buying a pair of the verus grand towers from their "scratch and dent" stock. The only drawback is that they don't have any pictures of the damaged speakers for me to see before buying them. If they are virtually brand new (like met64 says then that's great!). I'd imagine the damage is relatively light since the discount isn't huge (25% versus the 15% they offer on the "perfect condition" open box speakers) but it sure would be nice to see a few pictures. The rep I spoke to today told me to call him in the morning and he would take a look at what they have in stock. I'm hoping he can at least explain where the damage is and how bad it is so I can make a slightly more educated decision. Also a note - the free shipping and 10 year warranty still applies to the scratch and dent speakers but be aware that you have to pay shipping if you decide to send them back within the 30 days.

I would definitely appreciate comments/feedback from others who have had experience with their scratch and dent speakers. Thanks!
post #5749 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Is it scratch and dent or a return within trial period? When I owned Aperions I bought 2 6Ts new and purchased a B stock return from them for my third tower for front stage and could not tell the diffrence between new and B stock. Anyways Aperion CS is top notch and trust worthy so whatever they tell you on the phone tomorrow will be honest. Plus I do not see any reason why they couln't email a photo to you if you want one

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #5750 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleoerik View Post

Does anyone else have experience with their scratch and dent stuff? I spoke to one of their sales people today and I'm thinking about buying a pair of the verus grand towers from their "scratch and dent" stock. The only drawback is that they don't have any pictures of the damaged speakers for me to see before buying them. If they are virtually brand new (like met64 says then that's great!). I'd imagine the damage is relatively light since the discount isn't huge (25% versus the 15% they offer on the "perfect condition" open box speakers) but it sure would be nice to see a few pictures. The rep I spoke to today told me to call him in the morning and he would take a look at what they have in stock. I'm hoping he can at least explain where the damage is and how bad it is so I can make a slightly more educated decision. Also a note - the free shipping and 10 year warranty still applies to the scratch and dent speakers but be aware that you have to pay shipping if you decide to send them back within the 30 days.

I would definitely appreciate comments/feedback from others who have had experience with their scratch and dent speakers. Thanks!

I bought my 12D after speaking with someone at Aperion live on the phone without any pics. He was right on the money with the description- a couple light scratches on the bottom. A year and a half later and it's still going strong. I think they will be very honest with the type of blemish/damage it has.

That was the only "b stock" purchase I made from them. All the others have been new... an Intimus system and then back a year later for the Verus.

Customer service is second to none.

Blue
post #5751 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaxphenomx View Post

Thanks for the response. I'm considering these speakers and Salk SongTowers for 80% home theater. Any good reasons to choose Verus Grand? I'm thinking the center will be much better than Salk SongCenter for HT.

Just about anyone will tell you to use speakers from the same brand for your fronts and center to keep them timbre matched.

Having said that I've heard the SongTowers before and I didn't think their sound was completely dissimilar to ours. Also, since the Verus Grand Center has a vertical array configuration with the tweeter and midrange it cuts down on lobing that you can get from an MTM design like the SongCenter and having that dedicated midrange driver also helps with dialogue clarity.

You certainly are welcome to give it a shot!
post #5752 of 6945 Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaiii View Post

At this point I need one... Some Wharfedale Evo2's just made there way into my home too...

I am trying to slow down for a while.

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PA-R200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #5753 of 6945 Old 01-20-2012, 02:29 AM

Finally quit lurking and doing my homework and bought the VGTs, VGC, and VGSs with the $300-off discount. Going to match them with a different sub, any suggestions?

Now all I have to do is wait, as I am presently, ahem, indisposed for several more months. Can't wait to get home and give these things a go. For the moment, plan on powering them with an Onkyo TX-NR5009, should be plenty of kick and good god my wallet needs a break, so external amps remain a ways down the road.

For the record, Aperion's customer service so far has been top-notch, right in line with their reputation. I'm taking a little road trip when I get back home down the Oregon/Cali coast, figure I might as well stop by the showroom when I'm in Portland.
post #5754 of 6945 Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megathunderchief View Post

Finally quit lurking and doing my homework and bought the VGTs, VGC, and VGSs with the $300-off discount. Going to match them with a different sub, any suggestions?

As I mentioned a bit eariler, I also recently pulled the trigger (VGTs, VGC, VGBs). They are currently "On FedEx vehicle for delivery", so they will be here today. I chose to pair mine with an SVS PC13-Ultra, which arrived a few days back, but hasn't been out of the box yet...so, I can't give you any impressions. I have a pretty open area though, so I wanted something that could fill the space...
post #5755 of 6945 Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:

Now all I have to do is wait, as I am presently, ahem, indisposed for several more months. Can't wait to get home and give these things a go. For the moment, plan on powering them with an Onkyo TX-NR5009, should be plenty of kick and good god my wallet needs a break, so external amps remain a ways down the road.

For the record, Aperion's customer service so far has been top-notch, right in line with their reputation. I'm taking a little road trip when I get back home down the Oregon/Cali coast, figure I might as well stop by the showroom when I'm in Portland.

I've got a HSU VTF-15H and it sounds really good paired with my VGBs and VFC! Not quite as expesnsive as a lot of the other options at just over $1000 shipped!
post #5756 of 6945 Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:

As I mentioned a bit eariler, I also recently pulled the trigger (VGTs, VGC, VGBs). They are currently "On FedEx vehicle for delivery", so they will be here today. I chose to pair mine with an SVS PC13-Ultra, which arrived a few days back, but hasn't been out of the box yet...so, I can't give you any impressions. I have a pretty open area though, so I wanted something that could fill the space...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksilkx View Post

I gradually replaced my entire family room system in the last 3 months starting with an Oppo 93, then a Standout Designs Horizon XL, then a Panasonic 65 VT30, Emotiva XPA5, and Integra 40.3. Last thing on the list is an SVS SB13 in Cherry to match my Aperions.

I'd love to hear impressions from you guys on your sub choices when you get things up and running. The SB13 seems spot on with regards to my size constraints, but I'd like to hear what you feel the differences about the PC13 are.

Anyone got any opinions on the HSU ULS-15?
post #5757 of 6945 Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

I am trying to slow down for a while.

I need to or my SO is going to kill me. To say she's a little tired of boxes coming and going would be an understatement.
post #5758 of 6945 Old 01-20-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:

I'd love to hear impressions from you guys on your sub choices when you get things up and running. The SB13 seems spot on with regards to my size constraints, but I'd like to hear what you feel the differences about the PC13 are.

I went with the PC13-Ultra instead of the PB13 for purely placement issues. Because of the way my screen is mounted hanging from a soffit, there is enough space behind it to place the PC13...but the PB13 would have been very hard to find a location for (while staying on/near the front wall).

Once everything is set up, I'll take pictures and it will be obvious.

Unfortunately, I've never heard a PB13 (or, as it turns out, ANY SVS product) so I won't really be able to compare. The only subs I've had in the past have been NHT, and, for a short time I owned a Talon Roc.

-Kevin
post #5759 of 6945 Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Suggest you take a look at Outlaw. They have a similar business model as Aperion and are currently offering $100 off/free ground shipping for their top of the line sub...solid reviews...here's a link: http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/lfmEX.html

For that price, you might as well buy two...it's the way to go. There's an official Outlaw thread on AVS as well. Thread seems to focus on their subs.

Martin

post #5760 of 6945 Old 01-21-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueste View Post

I bought my 12D after speaking with someone at Aperion live on the phone without any pics. He was right on the money with the description- a couple light scratches on the bottom. A year and a half later and it's still going strong. I think they will be very honest with the type of blemish/damage it has.

That was the only "b stock" purchase I made from them. All the others have been new... an Intimus system and then back a year later for the Verus.

Customer service is second to none.

Blue

Well, the boys and girls over at SVS may give Jason and Co a run for their money. . . two top-notch operations with outstanding customer support.

I cannot believe how good the Aperion VGT/VCT sounds with the SVS PB13Ultra. The cherry finish on the SVS is a bit different color wise, but if megathunderchief is still looking for a sub, can't say enough about the performance. I may try to gloss up the sub a bit to try to match the polish of the aperions if I get motivated. . .
Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page