Hello fellow Aperion owners!! Great to see a new thread started -- about time
A buddy of mine purchased a set of Aperions earlier this year (if memory serves) and at the beginning of the summer I finally got the green light to start my theater so I headed over to his house for a little demo. He had the 633T, 533-VAC, and 534SS paired up with the Denon 3806 (he's since upgraded to the 634-VAC). It was AMAZING! I was perma-grin the ENTIRE time. I almost cried, I kid you not! I think the best part was realizing that after spending most of my life hanging out in high-end audio stores listening to $10k speakers and dreaming, dreaming, dreaming of one day owning something so amazing, that I was now sitting in front of something that was a tenth the price ($1k for the 633T pair) and sounded probably 95% as good -- and the other 5% is probably just missing sound treatment and better source equipment. I knew then and there what I was buying!
So, about 6 months later now I have the 633T for L/R, the 634VAC for C and 3 534SS for my surrounds (6.1) -- I have a 12" Veldoyne (DLS-4000R) for my sub -- I had that beforehand or I would have probably gone with the 12-S. I have it all paired with the Denon 3806.
When I built the theater I thought I would spend about 90-95% of my time watching movies and TV and 10-5% on music. Since then I've upped my music (way up) to about 50-60% of my time and the other movies and TV. Not that I'm watching less movies or TV (much to the chagrin of my wife
) but I'm just listening to more music because the sound is so AMAZING! I love the details you can hear. I put in Natalie Merchant's Tiger Lily a while back and was listening to Beloved Wife
and heard instruments I didn't even know were in the song -- and I've been listening to that album for years!!
My wife knows where I've been when I come floating into the room after 10-15 minutes (or sometimes an hour or more if I'm not careful
) of listening to Nora Jones, or Diana Krall, or Chris Isaak, or, or, or...
Yep, I'm TOTALLY sold on Aperion and have gotten two more of my buddies to switch to as well.
PS. Nothing beats bringing someone over to the house for a demo and their jaws just hit the floor after hearing it. I've had comments like: "This is the BEST theater I've ever been in!", "The clarity is amazing", "Wow, you feel like you're there!" Can't beat that