Forum Jump: 

post #6841 of 6970 Old 02-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Just want to ask a general question.

I got all Verus Grand serie, the towers, center and 4 Bookshelf for surronds duty.
I Love how they sound!

But once in a while, I do hear a buzzing noise (like something is loose).
It only happen when some techno (or some similar sound) music is played in a movie.
All speakers set at 80HZ on my AV8801

I have try the following;
1) put pressure arround the midrange
2) put pressure on the wall

The buzzing noise stay there.

I dought it is the aperion since QC should have catch a lose screw before the rubber surrond is glued on, and once done the screws should stay put and not get loose.

So do you guy's hear that too once in while?
Is it in the recording?
Or should I look further?

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6842 of 6970 Old 02-08-2014, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I have the Verus towers, center and 2 bookshelves for side surrounds. Very happy with them and never had any kind of problem. Suggest you try a test disc like DVE HD Basics which has a sound range sweep to see if you can isolate the frequency range and whether it involves more than one speaker. If this shows a problem, I would call Aperion. Good luck.
darthray likes this.
post #6843 of 6970 Old 02-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger View Post

I have the Verus towers, center and 2 bookshelves for side surrounds. Very happy with them and never had any kind of problem. Suggest you try a test disc like DVE HD Basics which has a sound range sweep to see if you can isolate the frequency range and whether it involves more than one speaker. If this shows a problem, I would call Aperion. Good luck.

Thanks for the sugestion.

I personaly beleive it is part of the recording and both the left and right act the same.
Or it could be frequency that my room doesn't like.

I will invest on a test disc if I cannot find my old one.

Ray

The more you have
The longer you live
post #6844 of 6970 Old 02-08-2014, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello boredatwork,

Never saw a follow-up to your problem. How did you resolve it? I just received my Grand Verus Towers and am hearing a buzzing/humming noise coming from the right speaker at mid-range frequencies. I did not notice the problem at first but now, that I'm looking for it, I hear it almost all the time. High and bass-heavy stuff it is almost entirely negligible, but must dialogue and music it is painfully there. Ruins the experience completely. I did not think it was my Marantz SR6008, but did think it was possible that my poor wiring skills (I'm a newbie and do not have proper tools, so used a knife) somehow ruined it. But then I switched the left & right speaker and the buzzing sound moved to the left. :(

Of course by now I have gotten rid of the boxes they came in (they are so huge!). I really didn't think the FedEx guy delivering them was up to par as the boxes were set upside down upon delivery, and were wet due to very snowy conditions outside. Still, I am wondering if they took a beating during shipment. I will be contacting support now, but just wanted to know how you resolved this issue.

P.S. when I very slightly press on the 3rd woofer from the bottom and hold it, the buzzing/humming disappears. Bummer :(

post #6845 of 6970 Old 02-09-2014, 05:06 AM

Liked: 22
I have a Verus Grand set up and one of the Towers developed a buzz after 6 months. It would only occur at one certain frequency and after applying pressure to all the drivers we figured that wasn't the problem. Aperion (which has great service BTW and I'm sure they'll take care of you) told me they thought it was a crossover problem and asked me to send it back. Before I did they asked me to check the connections on the feet and back plate. One was just a little bit loose, nothing that I thought would have made a difference, but sure enough, that was it. After I tightened that one screw.....buzzing was gone.
Check all your connections and hopefully you'll find one loose and that will fix it.

Illyay:::If applying pressure to a driver stops the buzzing, obviously it's that driver that has issues.

Doug

TV Room Upgrade Completed

post #6846 of 6970 Old 02-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougReim View Post

I have a Verus Grand set up and one of the Towers developed a buzz after 6 months. It would only occur at one certain frequency and after applying pressure to all the drivers we figured that wasn't the problem. Aperion (which has great service BTW and I'm sure they'll take care of you) told me they thought it was a crossover problem and asked me to send it back. Before I did they asked me to check the connections on the feet and back plate. One was just a little bit loose, nothing that I thought would have made a difference, but sure enough, that was it. After I tightened that one screw.....buzzing was gone.
Check all your connections and hopefully you'll find one loose and that will fix it.

Illyay:::If applying pressure to a driver stops the buzzing, obviously it's that driver that has issues.

they asked me to check the connections on the feet and back plate. One was just a little bit loose

Do you mean the little back plate holding the four 5 way connectors?
If so I see 4 small Plillips screws and also a rubber surrond.
If this was what you meant, how hard was it to remove and put back in place the rubber surrond.

Thanks

Ray

The more you have
The longer you live
post #6847 of 6970 Old 02-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Liked: 22
darthray,
You don't have to remove the cover, just make sure all the connections are tight.

Doug

TV Room Upgrade Completed

post #6848 of 6970 Old 02-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

darthray,
You don't have to remove the cover, just make sure all the connections are tight.

Thanks

A few hours ago, I thought you meant the speaker outrigger and it would make sence, since the cabinet is well built but vibration would/could make the outrigger loose a little overtime.
Than some buzzing noise could happen.

Same for the back plate, anything loose could cause the buzzing vibration.

Ray

The more you have
The longer you live
post #6849 of 6970 Old 02-15-2014, 10:42 AM

It's been a little over a week now since I received the Verus Grand tower speakers and they are great. I'm wondering though they seem "power hungry"? Currently, I just have a 5.0 system (saving for a subwoofer), ran the Audyssey set-up and everything sounds fine. I'm powering them with a Denon AVR that is rated 125 watts per channel. Would the Verus Grands speakers really shine with amplifier? If so, any recommendations? I would have to upgrade my AVR since it doesn't have preamp outputs.
post #6850 of 6970 Old 02-15-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Love my emotiva xpa5

Panasonic 65VT30 | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XSP-1 | Emotiva DC-1 | PSB imagine B's |PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-general-home-theater-media-game-rooms/1596161-sadiemax-theater-build-thread.html
post #6851 of 6970 Old 02-15-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyknuckles View Post

It's been a little over a week now since I received the Verus Grand tower speakers and they are great. I'm wondering though they seem "power hungry"? Currently, I just have a 5.0 system (saving for a subwoofer), ran the Audyssey set-up and everything sounds fine. I'm powering them with a Denon AVR that is rated 125 watts per channel. Would the Verus Grands speakers really shine with amplifier? If so, any recommendations? I would have to upgrade my AVR since it doesn't have preamp outputs.

What is it you are trying to achieve with an external amp? If you are clipping your avr amps and hearing a lot of distortion then yes an amp will help.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #6852 of 6970 Old 02-16-2014, 04:18 AM

Don't have distortion or clipping, just noticed I have to turn the receiver's volume rather high to get the proper volume.
post #6853 of 6970 Old 02-16-2014, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyknuckles View Post

Don't have distortion or clipping, just noticed I have to turn the receiver's volume rather high to get the proper volume.

If you are achieving the sound levels you want without clipping or distortion then you don't need a separate amp. As far as the volume, have you set the speaker levels? If the speaker levels are set low, you will need to turn the volume up more. If you have set them correctly, then you will just have to turn the volume up more. Nothing wrong with that as long as there is not distortion.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #6854 of 6970 Old 02-16-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

If you are achieving the sound levels you want without clipping or distortion then you don't need a separate amp. As far as the volume, have you set the speaker levels? If the speaker levels are set low, you will need to turn the volume up more. If you have set them correctly, then you will just have to turn the volume up more. Nothing wrong with that as long as there is not distortion.
Thank you the advice! I'll increase the line levels higher.
post #6855 of 6970 Old 02-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post

Just want to ask a general question.

I got all Verus Grand serie, the towers, center and 4 Bookshelf for surronds duty.
I Love how they sound!

But once in a while, I do hear a buzzing noise (like something is loose).
It only happen when some techno (or some similar sound) music is played in a movie.
All speakers set at 80HZ on my AV8801

I have try the following;
1) put pressure arround the midrange
2) put pressure on the wall

The buzzing noise stay there.

I dought it is the aperion since QC should have catch a lose screw before the rubber surrond is glued on, and once done the screws should stay put and not get loose.

So do you guy's hear that too once in while?
Is it in the recording?
Or should I look further?

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger View Post

Quote:

Quote:

darthray,

Here's what I got so far;

I think my buzzing noise was from the door knob on this link ( one screw was loose by 1/16 and the other was 1/4 of an inch).
http://www.avsforum.com/g/i/331389/a/2245036/please-join-and-post-what-speakers-you-have/sort/display_order/
By the way, the screen slide over when it is movie time.
I am 98% sure the buzzing was from the door knob.
Last night we watch "Enders Game" and there is lots of dynamic on the sound track.
It would make sence since the screen slide over it during movie time.
The buzzing was more prominant on the left side but it would also explain why I was hearing some faith buzzing on the right side since the sound would travel beyind the screen.

The drivers are good according to aperion test of pushing on them.

I daught that QC would have miss a loose screw before the rubber surronds is glued on.

That would leave me with one more option.
The Outriggers got loose, but I daught-it since I used a lock washer over the bigger washer (not the original one but some of these).

http://www.soundocity.com/Straight_End_1.50_Spikes.html
I will still do a frequency sweep to make sure.

Ray

The more you have
The longer you live
post #6856 of 6970 Old 03-20-2014, 10:07 AM

Liked: 12
So just a quick post. I recently received my Verus Grand Towers, Center and Bookshelves as a replacement for my Intimus 5T, 5C and 5B. While there was absolutely nothing wrong with my Intimus speakers, I simply wanted to have the flagship models smile.gif I have a Marantz SR7008 powering the set along with 2 Rythmik FV15HP's for my subwoofers. All I can say is I am EXTREMELY happy with the sound I'm receiving. I thought my home theater sounded good before (as it really did sound great!), but the Verus Grands have really opened up the soundstage as my new home theater room is roughly 6,000 cu ft and has given me an accurate representation of what was recorded in the studios! Love, love LOVE the Verus and glad I stayed with the Aperion family after considering other brands like B&W's, Definitive Tech and a few others smile.gif
Tommyknuckles likes this.
post #6857 of 6970 Old 03-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi1982 View Post

So just a quick post. I recently received my Verus Grand Towers, Center and Bookshelves as a replacement for my Intimus 5T, 5C and 5B. While there was absolutely nothing wrong with my Intimus speakers, I simply wanted to have the flagship models smile.gif I have a Marantz SR7008 powering the set along with 2 Rythmik FV15HP's for my subwoofers. All I can say is I am EXTREMELY happy with the sound I'm receiving. I thought my home theater sounded good before (as it really did sound great!), but the Verus Grands have really opened up the soundstage as my new home theater room is roughly 6,000 cu ft and has given me an accurate representation of what was recorded in the studios! Love, love LOVE the Verus and glad I stayed with the Aperion family after considering other brands like B&W's, Definitive Tech and a few others smile.gif

Glad your are enjoying them!

I have a set-up close to to you for speakers wise.
VGT + VGC + 4 VGB and the subs are 2 SVS PB-Ultra 13

I did lots of reading before buying them and also could not be much Happier!
The sound quality is Super with a great sound stage and a beautiful finish to top it off.

They are a little Gem!

Happy listening and enjoys your little treasure that unfortunatly not too many people know about

Ray

The more you have
The longer you live
post #6858 of 6970 Old 03-21-2014, 03:55 PM

Welcome to the family! I have had my Verus Grands for about 2 months now and it's amazing how the keep sounding better as the "break in". I need to add a subwoofer to complete the system. More and more I hear and see people using dual subs. In your experience is a second subwoofer that much better? Also, I get the impression that Marantz receivers pair well with Aperion speakers. If I go with dual subwoofers, I'll have to upgrade my AVR to handle the second sub.
post #6859 of 6970 Old 03-25-2014, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
you don't have to upgrade the AVR to get a second sub, just use a y splitter cable, it splits the mono source into 2, (both subs get the same sound info) thats what the difference is between most 7.2 receivers and 7.1, they have an internal y splitter,
gpzbc likes this.
post #6860 of 6970 Old 03-27-2014, 11:21 AM

Did not know that! Thanks for the info!
post #6861 of 6970 Old 04-21-2014, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Aperionites,

I have a dedicated theater room that is approximately 14' wide x 25' deep x 9' high. I have purchased the Verus center grand and I love it compared to my previous Sonus Faber center. I have now ordered the Verus grand bookshelf's to replace my Sonus Faber Liuto towers. The towers cost $5,500 for the pair about three years ago so it will be interesting to compare them.

I am switching to bookshelf speakers to allow for more flexible placement of my subwoofers. Do you guys think the Verus grand bookshelf speakers will be able to fill the room with enough db without distorting? I am 100% home theater. My thought is that they will but would appreciate anyone with experience playing these at reference levels during action movies. My JL Audio Fathom F112 pair will take care of everything 80Hz and below.

post #6862 of 6970 Old 04-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farsider3000 View Post

Aperionites,

I have a dedicated theater room that is approximately 14' wide x 25' deep x 9' high. I have purchased the Verus center grand and I love it compared to my previous Sonus Faber center. I have now ordered the Verus grand bookshelf's to replace my Sonus Faber Liuto towers. The towers cost $5,500 for the pair about three years ago so it will be interesting to compare them.

I am switching to bookshelf speakers to allow for more flexible placement of my subwoofers. Do you guys think the Verus grand bookshelf speakers will be able to fill the room with enough db without distorting? I am 100% home theater. My thought is that they will but would appreciate anyone with experience playing these at reference levels during action movies. My JL Audio Fathom F112 pair will take care of everything 80Hz and below.

Nice room!

Also nice equipment.
Let us know how you feel with the VGT!!!

That's what I got and Love the overall sounds cross with a couple of SVS PB13Ultra at 80 Hz.
Took me a long time to replace my belove DYI and do not regret my decision.
I beleive aperion is a jem in the ruff that not too many people know about.

Lots of people are doing just that, using the VGB with a sub and seem happy with the results.

Looking forward to your tought.

Ray

The more you have
The longer you live
post #6863 of 6970 Old 04-25-2014, 06:43 AM

Liked: 11
I recently purchased the Intimus 5t, 5c, Verus Forte Sattelite, and Bravus II 10D. I don't claim to be an audiophile, but these speakers are amazing. They really do offer a great quality/price combination.
delvalle likes this.
post #6864 of 6970 Old 04-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2109 View Post

I recently purchased the Intimus 5t, 5c, Verus Forte Sattelite, and Bravus II 10D. I don't claim to be an audiophile, but these speakers are amazing. They really do offer a great quality/price combination.

+1

For the money of their various offering they do offer a good sound quality and a well built quality.
I got the Verus Grand series and they are simply amazing.

Ray
Tommyknuckles likes this.

The more you have
The longer you live
post #6865 of 6970 Old 05-06-2014, 08:33 AM

I just recently moved into a new home and wired it for 5.1 in our great room. The Aperion Intimus 5's caught my attention while researching the forum. The 5B's and 5C seem to offer what I'm looking for in size, performance and price. The system will mainly but used for Live TV (sports) and Movies. A few questions:

- My rear speakers must be in-ceiling to please the wife. Is it necessary to stay with the same manufacturer? The L6-IC's are more than I intended on spending ($298/pair). If not, does anyone have a recommendation on less expensive in-ceiling speakers that will pair well with the 5B's and 5C?

- Receiver recommendations? Trying to stay around $400. Noticed the recent price drop on the Denon AVR-X2000.
post #6866 of 6970 Old 05-06-2014, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by guenth26 View Post

I just recently moved into a new home and wired it for 5.1 in our great room. The Aperion Intimus 5's caught my attention while researching the forum. The 5B's and 5C seem to offer what I'm looking for in size, performance and price. The system will mainly but used for Live TV (sports) and Movies. A few questions:

- My rear speakers must be in-ceiling to please the wife. Is it necessary to stay with the same manufacturer? The L6-IC's are more than I intended on spending ($298/pair). If not, does anyone have a recommendation on less expensive in-ceiling speakers that will pair well with the 5B's and 5C?

- Receiver recommendations? Trying to stay around $400. Noticed the recent price drop on the Denon AVR-X2000.

That is great to hear you've joined the Aperion Family! :) Sometimes Aperion does have some open box items through their website, that would give you a little bit more of a discount!  or you can always give them a call. The rear (surround) speakers do not need to be the same manufacturer, however, you would like to stick with the same kind of tweeters as the Aperion's (silk dome or soft dome)  In regards to the Denon, that is a great receiver for the money!  The Onkyo TX-NR626 is also another good option that provides a great amount of power and features.  Cheers and Happy Listening. :D  

post #6867 of 6970 Old 05-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by guenth26 View Post

PM me if you end up with the Aperions...I have 3 of the round IC Aperion speakers I used in a 6.1 system for about a year. Moved and I couldn't use them there. Boxed up and ready to go.
2liter likes this.

Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

post #6868 of 6970 Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Hello Gang. New to this forum. Does anyone know what happened to Aperion and Summit wireless. I have the 5.1 wireless system and love it. I know it is not offered anymore. So I spent alot of money for a system which went by the wayside quickly. Does anyone know if there are any of these speakers out there. I called Aperion and was told they would call me back. Still waiting for that call five months later. That marriage didn't last long. Any info on other high end wireless systems?

Thanks

Jerry

post #6869 of 6970 Old 05-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrFlight View Post

Hello Gang. New to this forum. Does anyone know what happened to Aperion and Summit wireless. I have the 5.1 wireless system and love it. I know it is not offered anymore. So I spent alot of money for a system which went by the wayside quickly. Does anyone know if there are any of these speakers out there. I called Aperion and was told they would call me back. Still waiting for that call five months later. That marriage didn't last long. Any info on other high end wireless systems?
Thanks
Jerry

It is not like aperion service to "not reply".
They alway reply to any of my e-mail the next working day!

Jason use to post here, but no longer.
I guess he moved on to a better endeviour.

So, send them a direct e-mail to customer service and not throught this forum since it look like none of customer service person check this web site anymore.

Ray

The more you have
The longer you live
post #6870 of 6970 Old 05-19-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post

It is not like aperion service to "not reply".
They alway reply to any of my e-mail the next working day!

Jason use to post here, but no longer.
I guess he moved on to a better endeviour.

So, send them a direct e-mail to customer service and not throught this forum since it look like none of customer service person check this web site anymore.

Ray

It is a shame....it is that personal touch that really made this company attractive to me. The Aperion forum on their website is all but dead as well. We used to have quite the community over there.

But my speakers still sound great, so I have no regrets. But if I was a new customer....not sure I would be so eager to give them a try.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread - Sr5007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page