*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 232 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6931 of 6974 Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Member
 
tom_c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by varneysa View Post
Is there anyone with the Verus Grands in the San Antonio, TX area who wouldn't mind auditioning them? I'm trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on a set of Aperion VGs or JTRs. From what I've read, they have dramatically different sonic characteristics. I'm trying to figure which I prefer. Thanks in advance.

I'm in Uvalde and I love the Grands, you're welcome to come out if you want to make the trip.
tom_c is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6932 of 6974 Old 07-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Member
 
notoriusjt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the Aperion Grand Center channel speaker and last night I noticed something. I was watching a movie and during a moment of intense screaming (still dialogue) the speaker didnt sound right. Im not an audiophile, but it seemed as the highs during screaming were being clipped? The volume was not turned up very loud. I am using a DenonX1000 as my AVR. Is this a speaker issue, or maybe the audio compression from my cable provider? Thanks
notoriusjt2 is offline  
post #6933 of 6974 Old 07-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Member
 
tom_c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriusjt2 View Post
I have the Aperion Grand Center channel speaker and last night I noticed something. I was watching a movie and during a moment of intense screaming (still dialogue) the speaker didnt sound right. Im not an audiophile, but it seemed as the highs during screaming were being clipped? The volume was not turned up very loud. I am using a DenonX1000 as my AVR. Is this a speaker issue, or maybe the audio compression from my cable provider? Thanks

Make sure you have the volume limiter off and the dynamic range limiter set to off in your Denon, both of these can cause what you are experiencing. Also, depending on what was on, your AVR could have been clipping as well. But, if you don't hear that on regular DVD's and Blu-Rays, then I would suspect the cable provider.
darthray likes this.
tom_c is offline  
post #6934 of 6974 Old 07-23-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
Make sure you have the volume limiter off and the dynamic range limiter set to off in your Denon, both of these can cause what you are experiencing. Also, depending on what was on, your AVR could have been clipping as well. But, if you don't hear that on regular DVD's and Blu-Rays, then I would suspect the cable provider.
I also have the X1000 and I'm wondering how you put the volume limiter and dynamic range limiter to off? I'm not by a manual or my setup right now, but would love to have a look at this when I get home without having to dig through the manual if you already know it. I'd much rather play with my little 1 year old

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Realized you're talking about the maximum volume (volume limiter). I've set it at 0dB, but if setting that to something instead of OFF will mess with the sound then I'll turn it off. I just worry since my daughter likes to grab the remotes and I can just see her holding down the volume UP button lol

For the dynamic range...is that the setting in the Surround Parameters? I don't have any of that on so I should be okay there. Just using Audyssey w/ Dynamic EQ, but that's it.

On a side note, the remote for this X1000 sucks. The one for my 1712 is soo much better

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i

Last edited by ousooner2; 07-23-2014 at 02:31 PM.
ousooner2 is offline  
post #6935 of 6974 Old 07-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Member
 
varneysa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
I'm in Uvalde and I love the Grands, you're welcome to come out if you want to make the trip.
I live outside the SA city limits, closer to Castroville, so Uvalde wouldn't be a problem at all My wife has our weekends booked for the next couple of weeks, but maybe I could visit for a demo sometime in August? Thanks for the offer!

-Bryant
varneysa is online now  
post #6936 of 6974 Old 07-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Newbie
 
kellyk75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not Sure Yet
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyk75 View Post
Hi all,

New to the thread, and have been very interested in Aperion for some time. Although a lot of great information to read over here, I have a very specific question (for now).

I have a new Yamaha Rxv-1075 which has kicked me into the speaker upgrade mode due to more prominent mid-range sloppiness and lacking highs. System would be for 90% home theater application.

I am by no means here to talk-up B&W, but am using this example to explain what my end goal is, and see if Aperion is a potential good match for me.

I auditioned the BMW 600 series speakers at a local dealer, specifically looking for a centre for now with the rest of the system to be upgraded in the next year..... but want to match the series (obviously).



System auditioned:
  • B&W 684 Fronts (no 683's in stock)
  • B&W HTM61 Centre
  • B&W CMC-2 Centre
So this was the eye-opener for me of what my ears like. After watching Skyfall for some time, I found the HTM61 Centre to have the same downfalls that other brands I have auditioned (and my current system has). I found vocals to be (what he described) as "chesty" or a bit overly deep/boomy or muffled (kind of like everything is spoken in a larger room), similarly with sound effects. I had the associate hook up the CMC-2 after HTM61, and watched the same scenes in Skyfall...... with the same settings......and THAT is the sound I have been looking for. Accurate and not overwhelming mids, precision treble. Price point is significantly more....... almost double what I was hoping to spend on a 5.0 system (sub = SVS PB-10, to be upgraded later).

So really the big question is...... knowing the incredible value of Aperion....... do Aperion verus speakers have the precision and accuracy that I am now looking for? In your speaker shopping experiences, can anyone comment on the comparisons which I mentioned?

Edit: Also forgot to mention that I also tend to like a little more high frequency, and don't have a lot of experience between Aluminum vs. silk tweeters and their capabilities, so a bit curious about the performance of Aperion's silk's.

Thanks in advance.



Other speakers auditioned with similar results:
  • PSB Image & Imagine Series
  • Paradigm Monitor Series
  • Others not even worth mentioning........
Any opinions would be appreciated.............
kellyk75 is offline  
post #6937 of 6974 Old 07-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANS1 View Post
Just figured I would post here real quick, listed my Verus Grand towers in the classifieds. Incredible speakers but schedule has changed and not using them to much (at all) over the past 6 months or next couple years.
You know speakers can be good for years!
If I was you, I would keep them instead of taking a hit of losing money for something that would eventualy need to be replace!

If you need the money, then it is a personnal decision, if not keep them and enjoy them later.
Schedule, Always change!
Right now, I can only watch a movie once or twice a month but eventually I will go back to a lot more.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is online now  
post #6938 of 6974 Old 07-26-2014, 04:57 AM
Member
 
TITANS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
You know speakers can be good for years!
If I was you, I would keep them instead of taking a hit of losing money for something that would eventualy need to be replace!

If you need the money, then it is a personnal decision, if not keep them and enjoy them later.
Schedule, Always change!
Right now, I can only watch a movie once or twice a month but eventually I will go back to a lot more.

Ray
Oh I know they last a long, long time. I flip flop on whether to sell them, in fact I had an hour to kill and watched the 1st episode of Extant and said to myself. 'Are you crazy these speakers are amazing, filling the room with pure sound'.

Really trying to shake up my schedule to get more use ou of them :-)
TITANS1 is offline  
post #6939 of 6974 Old 07-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Newbie
 
eliasmavs99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello all. I wanted to share my Aperion experience with the forum. I started with the intimus set almost 3 years ago. Then, thanks to upgrade-itis, I went up to the Verus line.

I finally got around to wiring everything through the attic and actually setting up my surrounds at the correct hight. I built a custom ceiling mount for the right side since I could not find anything in the market for the application. It turned out pretty clean and polished.

Before (2011, 3.1)


Now (2014, 5.2 w/Bi amped fronts) Nevermind the missing TV...






darthray and 2liter like this.

Last edited by eliasmavs99; 07-26-2014 at 05:16 PM.
eliasmavs99 is offline  
post #6940 of 6974 Old 07-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
 
gpzbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Very impressive! Thank you for sharing.
gpzbc is online now  
post #6941 of 6974 Old 07-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasmavs99 View Post
Hello all. I wanted to share my Aperion experience with the forum. I started with the intimus set almost 3 years ago. I finally got around to wiring everything through the attic and actually setting up my surrounds at the correct hight. I built a custom ceiling mount for the right side since I could not find anything in the market for the application. It turned out pretty clean and polished.

Before (2011, 3.1)


Now (2013, 5.2 w/Bi amped fronts) Nevermind the missing TV...






Very impressive, lots of thought for the surronds mounts
Also those wall plate look good as a finish product!

How do like the Intimus line?
My self, I am more than Happy with the Verus Grand line but heard so much great thing about the Intimus that I have sugested.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is online now  
post #6942 of 6974 Old 07-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANS1 View Post
Oh I know they last a long, long time. I flip flop on whether to sell them, in fact I had an hour to kill and watched the 1st episode of Extant and said to myself. 'Are you crazy these speakers are amazing, filling the room with pure sound'.

Really trying to shake up my schedule to get more use ou of them :-)
I think you should keep them!
From what you said, it sound like you love them as much as I do.

Scheldule can be demanding
I work in the oil patch in nortern Alberta and sometime we do not have muchtime for our self (a lot more demanding than a wife).
But, when I do. I like to watch a movie or two or a few songs and tell my-self (man this sound good).

So I would recommand that you keep them and enjoy them when you can!

Just a short story.
I met this guy years ago and ask him about his speakers.
He told me that he did them him-self.
My first tought was, this guy is an idiot, does he think he can beat design from sound engineer.
Then he educated me about sound and what goes into a speaker (and where engineer make cuts without to much degradation to the sound).
At this point, I went DIY with his help and hept those speakers over 10 years.
After so many years with a great sounding speaker you still develope an intch for a change!
So after looking at aperion (pure luck, they should adverdise more if you ask me) and look at many other offering!
I send him an e-mail of what was his thought between all of them.
His reply was fast, aperion Verus Grand.

All I am trying to say, is keep them instead of loosing money and redo-it later.

Ray
2liter likes this.

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is online now  
post #6943 of 6974 Old 07-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Newbie
 
eliasmavs99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thank you much. I forgot to mention that I upgraded to Verus line after about a year with the Intimus. Both sound great, I fell victim to upgrade-itis.

For the mounts, I used this:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A bunch of bolts/nuts/and black spray paint.

2liter likes this.
eliasmavs99 is offline  
post #6944 of 6974 Old 07-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasmavs99 View Post
Thank you much. I forgot to mention that I upgraded to Verus line after about a year with the Intimus. Both sound great, I fell victim to upgrade-itis.

For the mounts, I used this:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A bunch of bolts/nuts/and black spray paint.

Nice work!

Ray
2liter likes this.

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is online now  
post #6945 of 6974 Old 07-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Newbie
 
kellyk75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not Sure Yet
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasmavs99 View Post
Thank you much. I forgot to mention that I upgraded to Verus line after about a year with the Intimus. Both sound great, I fell victim to upgrade-itis.

For the mounts, I used this:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A bunch of bolts/nuts/and black spray paint.

Very..... very nice. You have inspired me to solve my 7.1 speaker placement problem through ceiling mount. How do they sound..... and mesh with the rest of the system?
kellyk75 is offline  
post #6946 of 6974 Old 07-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Newbie
 
maukacinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hope it is ok to give appreciation to Donovan Leader at Aperion for assistance he provided me the other day. We had some heavy thunderstorms about a week ago, and there was a lightning strike a few blocks away...I actually saw it. My router was wasted and had to be replaced. A few days later I was going to use my home theater with Aperion speakers...the 8" Bravus would not power up. I went to the Aperion website and found the online chat assistance, so I tried it. Donovan came on and although it was simple, his advice was a real life preserver for me. He actually called me up in seconds while I was still chatting with him online, then he directed me to the fuse box in the Bravus where the power cord plugs in. I never knew it was there. Sure enough the fuse was melted by that nearby lightning strike. Next day I got four new fuses from Radio Shack for $3.50, put one in, and my Bravus was perfect again. I promised I would put in a good word for him and Aperion, so here I am. Thank you DONOVAN!

I sure love my system which is around 5 years old now...8" Bravus, 2 x Intimus 4T, 2 x Intimus 4B, and Intimus 5C. All in cherry finish. These things look so rich, and sound the same, filling my home theater room (smallish 14.5' x 13.5') and bringing my family and me much pleasure. We watch movies in there several times each week and are spoiled by the Aperion audio system, coupled with the 60" Samsung DLP tv, and 4 power reclining home theater chairs. The Bravus has so much power that butt kickers in the chairs would have been a waste of good money. Loving my Aperions! Jon
darthray, Gmash and 2liter like this.
maukacinema is offline  
post #6947 of 6974 Old 07-31-2014, 01:41 AM
Member
 
vipervick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasmavs99 View Post
Thank you much. I forgot to mention that I upgraded to Verus line after about a year with the Intimus. Both sound great, I fell victim to upgrade-itis.

For the mounts, I used this:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A bunch of bolts/nuts/and black spray paint.

I definitely need something like this. I just signed for a new house, yesterday! I am so excited. I get the loft on the second floor as my media area. It's not a room, but open on the back to the floor below. Something like 50' ceiling in the formal living room. There is just a banister behind, so I need a ceiling mount if I want to place my 4BP surrounds.
2liter likes this.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."
vipervick is offline  
post #6948 of 6974 Old 07-31-2014, 08:37 PM
Newbie
 
eliasmavs99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyk75 View Post
Very..... very nice. You have inspired me to solve my 7.1 speaker placement problem through ceiling mount. How do they sound..... and mesh with the rest of the system?
The Verus sound great in bipole mode for music. I feel like I've got the surround placement as close to ideal as possible. To go from 3.2 to 5.2 made a huge difference. The sound is truly enveloping. If interested, I can draw up a quick diagram of the setup.
2liter likes this.
eliasmavs99 is offline  
post #6949 of 6974 Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 PM
Newbie
 
eliasmavs99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick View Post
I definitely need something like this. I just signed for a new house, yesterday! I am so excited. I get the loft on the second floor as my media area. It's not a room, but open on the back to the floor below. Something like 50' ceiling in the formal living room. There is just a banister behind, so I need a ceiling mount if I want to place my 4BP surrounds.
Thank you man. Yeah sounds like you have the same problem that I was facing; no easy way to setup the surrounds at a decent hight. I was amazed that there are literally no mounts developed to drop surrounds more than 8 inches from a ceiling. If you like, I can draw up a quick diagram of the setup. Not all that difficult.
2liter likes this.
eliasmavs99 is offline  
post #6950 of 6974 Old 08-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukacinema View Post
Hope it is ok to give appreciation to Donovan Leader at Aperion for assistance he provided me the other day. We had some heavy thunderstorms about a week ago, and there was a lightning strike a few blocks away...I actually saw it. My router was wasted and had to be replaced. A few days later I was going to use my home theater with Aperion speakers...the 8" Bravus would not power up. I went to the Aperion website and found the online chat assistance, so I tried it. Donovan came on and although it was simple, his advice was a real life preserver for me. He actually called me up in seconds while I was still chatting with him online, then he directed me to the fuse box in the Bravus where the power cord plugs in. I never knew it was there. Sure enough the fuse was melted by that nearby lightning strike. Next day I got four new fuses from Radio Shack for $3.50, put one in, and my Bravus was perfect again. I promised I would put in a good word for him and Aperion, so here I am. Thank you DONOVAN!

I sure love my system which is around 5 years old now...8" Bravus, 2 x Intimus 4T, 2 x Intimus 4B, and Intimus 5C. All in cherry finish. These things look so rich, and sound the same, filling my home theater room (smallish 14.5' x 13.5') and bringing my family and me much pleasure. We watch movies in there several times each week and are spoiled by the Aperion audio system, coupled with the 60" Samsung DLP tv, and 4 power reclining home theater chairs. The Bravus has so much power that butt kickers in the chairs would have been a waste of good money. Loving my Aperions! Jon
Glad to know of the assistance you got!
This is why I will promote companys like aperion and many other ID in their perspective strenght of what they sell.

Also love my aperion!
Verus Grand, VGT, VGC and 4 VGB.

I wish they had a Bigger budget to advertise more.
I found them by pure luck and after doing lots of reading decided to try them and felt in LOVE.

P.S. I come from DIY where we have knowledge what goes into a speaker, drivers quality, crossover, bracings and where cuts can be made or not.

Ray
2liter likes this.

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is online now  
post #6951 of 6974 Old 08-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
stash64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Packer country
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a 6C center channel speaker for sale in the classifieds section if anyone is interested. Piano black.

Sean
stash64 is offline  
post #6952 of 6974 Old 08-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I'm currently looking at the Verus Forte towers and center. I'm looking to maybe replace my Klipsch reference 62II front soundstage. Love the soundtrack with them, but the center dialogue can be juuust a bit unnatural sounding.

So my preferences were something accurate, but also good looking. I do like the look of the Klipsch with their magnetic dark grills. The Verus line looks great so it passes that test. I have a 13x13 room open front side. And have a denon x4000 with 2 subwoofers so I only need accuracy and power in the midrange and highs. They do have a free 30 trail so it's not like a need to ask here.

Do the Veras Forte perform very accurately for home theater? Especially important is the center channel and dialogue.

EDITED TO ADD: I've looked at their Intimus line and the 5C center actually looks pretty good. Can I get some thoughts on the Intimus line vs. Verus forte?
2liter likes this.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)

Last edited by Teremei; 08-03-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Teremei is offline  
post #6953 of 6974 Old 08-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I'm currently looking at the Verus Forte towers and center. I'm looking to maybe replace my Klipsch reference 62II front soundstage. Love the soundtrack with them, but the center dialogue can be juuust a bit unnatural sounding.

So my preferences were something accurate, but also good looking. I do like the look of the Klipsch with their magnetic dark grills. The Verus line looks great so it passes that test. I have a 13x13 room open front side. And have a denon x4000 with 2 subwoofers so I only need accuracy and power in the midrange and highs. They do have a free 30 trail so it's not like a need to ask here.

Do the Veras Forte perform very accurately for home theater? Especially important is the center channel and dialogue.

EDITED TO ADD: I've looked at their Intimus line and the 5C center actually looks pretty good. Can I get some thoughts on the Intimus line vs. Verus forte?
I got the Verus Grand and very happy with them.
Never heard the Forte but you can do some reading, and according to some reviews (2 pro and 5 customers).

http://www.aperionaudio.com/speakers...hannel-speaker


Seem to be good to me
Worst case scenario, you return them since aperion as good return policy.
Hopefully someone else with the Forte series with personal experience can chime in.

Ray
2liter likes this.

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live

Last edited by darthray; 08-03-2014 at 01:14 AM.
darthray is online now  
post #6954 of 6974 Old 08-03-2014, 12:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

Do the Veras Forte perform very accurately for home theater? Especially important is the center channel and dialogue.

EDITED TO ADD: I've looked at their Intimus line and the 5C center actually looks pretty good. Can I get some thoughts on the Intimus line vs. Verus forte?
The Intimus line have also lots of good reviews.
Send a PM to aperion customer service.
They always been honest with me and 1 member mention for his need got re-directed to an other ID company.

To answer your question about accuracy.
I firmly beleive they would be more accurate than the Klipch, it might not be a sound you like at first since you are going to say "what the ####" where all the high went!
Your present line of speakers are bright to some and some people prefer this.
But once you got use to a well balance sound you will not go back in my honest opinion.

I use to listen with my Bass at +5db for movies/music
Now +1db and that's with 2 SVS PB13 Ultra in a 12 x18 ft room.

Hopefully this help a little and I was not puting your present speakers down.
Like I said some like it bright, some more lay down.
Just trying to help you to make an educated decision.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live

Last edited by darthray; 08-03-2014 at 02:32 PM.
darthray is online now  
post #6955 of 6974 Old 08-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
Teremei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Thank you. it's about accuracy for me. The Klipsch have a lot of power and deliver the soundtrack wonderfully. It's just that, young children's voices and some times voices that are inside a small area (like star wars inside the millenium falcon) the voice sounds either unnatural. Or it sounds like it was filmed inside of a small room. Instead of just sounding like the people are right in front of me, as it should sound.

Anyway I will trail the intimus line to see if I like it enough to pay a little more.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)

Last edited by Teremei; 08-03-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Teremei is offline  
post #6956 of 6974 Old 08-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Member
 
ajl7519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I just purchased the Verus Grand Towers and Grand Center. What is everyone using for their surrounds? I was going to get the Verus Surround Dipole/Bipole for surrounds, but Aperion is OOS (for the black ones) until October. I was going to get the Grand Bookshelves for the surrounds, but not sure if it would be overkill to use those for surrounds. Is anyone using the Grand Bookshelves for their surrounds? I have a 7.1 setup and because of the room I was going to mount the rears in two back corners.

Thanks in advance.

A
ajl7519 is offline  
post #6957 of 6974 Old 08-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajl7519 View Post
So I just purchased the Verus Grand Towers and Grand Center. What is everyone using for their surrounds? I was going to get the Verus Surround Dipole/Bipole for surrounds, but Aperion is OOS (for the black ones) until October. I was going to get the Grand Bookshelves for the surrounds, but not sure if it would be overkill to use those for surrounds. Is anyone using the Grand Bookshelves for their surrounds? I have a 7.1 setup and because of the room I was going to mount the rears in two back corners.

Thanks in advance.

A
I also got the VGT and VGC and also run a 7.1 well mine is 7.2 but it's all the same.
For surronds I use 4 VGB and love the way it sound!

I personally prefer the direct sound over a Bi/Di surrond and use to own them.
I just personally prefer the pin point accuracy of a direct speaker.
Also a good speaker like the aperion can play sound in 3 dimension by putting sound outside the speaker.
What I mean by that if you listen in stereo to good speakers, details like a bird from the Supertramp song, "Even in the quietest moment" will sound like it is up in your room, not from the driver.

Clear as mud?

Another member use the VGS (satelite) for surronds in a 7.1 system.
And seem to be very happy with it.

Overkill to use the VGB?
To some Yes and to others like me No.
So if you can afford it, go for it and you will never think of what if.

Ray
2liter likes this.

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is online now  
post #6958 of 6974 Old 08-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Member
 
ajl7519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
I also got the VGT and VGC and also run a 7.1 well mine is 7.2 but it's all the same.
For surronds I use 4 VGB and love the way it sound!

I personally prefer the direct sound over a Bi/Di surrond and use to own them.
I just personally prefer the pin point accuracy of a direct speaker.
Also a good speaker like the aperion can play sound in 3 dimension by putting sound outside the speaker.
What I mean by that if you listen in stereo to good speakers, details like a bird from the Supertramp song, "Even in the quietest moment" will sound like it is up in your room, not from the driver.

Clear as mud?

Another member use the VGS (satelite) for surronds in a 7.1 system.
And seem to be very happy with it.

Overkill to use the VGB?
To some Yes and to others like me No.
So if you can afford it, go for it and you will never think of what if.

Ray
Thanks.

How my room is setup I can't put the rear surrounds directly behind the seating area (which is centered horizontally in the room) as laid out in a typical 7.1 setup. I would have to mount them on the back wall about 3 feet from each side of the couch and then point them directly to the seating area. The distance between the couch and the back wall is about 1 1/2 feet. The way I have the rears setup right now are on stands behind the couch, but the stands are only about a little under 6', so not the ideal height for rear surrounds. All of the other speakers are laid out matching a typical 5.1 setup.

Do you think 3 feet from each side of the couch is too much of spread? I could also ceiling mount them, but they would be pointing almost directly down, which I'm guessing is not ideal.

These were the mounts I was looking at. I can mount them on the side or ceiling, which should give me some flexibility.

PanaVise 110120B 20 lb. Speaker Mount
ajl7519 is offline  
post #6959 of 6974 Old 08-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajl7519 View Post
Thanks.

How my room is setup I can't put the rear surrounds directly behind the seating area (which is centered horizontally in the room) as laid out in a typical 7.1 setup. I would have to mount them on the back wall about 3 feet from each side of the couch and then point them directly to the seating area. The distance between the couch and the back wall is about 1 1/2 feet. The way I have the rears setup right now are on stands behind the couch, but the stands are only about a little under 6', so not the ideal height for rear surrounds. All of the other speakers are laid out matching a typical 5.1 setup.

Do you think 3 feet from each side of the couch is too much of spread? I could also ceiling mount them, but they would be pointing almost directly down, which I'm guessing is not ideal.

These were the mounts I was looking at. I can mount them on the side or ceiling, which should give me some flexibility.

PanaVise 110120B 20 lb. Speaker Mount
I cannot give an an opinion on the mount since I have no experience with them.
For your room.
Can you post a picture or better yet a diagram so me or other can help?

5.1 might be a better option, but without seeying a layout or picture.
It would be a shot in the dark!
For me, anyway!

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is online now  
post #6960 of 6974 Old 08-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Member
 
goodwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Versus Grand Bookshelf Owners.

I am considering upgrading my front three LCR in my bedroom (I have 5.1 surround) fed by Marantz SR 5008 and Emotiva UPA-500 amp. I have been looking hard at the Whardale Diamond 10.2 Bookshelfs and Center, but these Asperions look great. Would anyone be able to compare the Versus Grand Bookshelf to the Wharfdale Diamond 10.2 Bookshelfs in terms of sound? I have a preference for warm sound.

Thanks to anyone for their time.

Robert
goodwad is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off