Forum Jump: 

post #6991 of 7009 Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
The customer service at aperion was and is always great.
I think what the previous member was stating;
It would be nice to see aperion reprantative here at this tread more often to keep this tread alive and bring more people to hear and love aperion products.

More sell for you and more smile in our faces

Ray
Well said.
darthray and 2liter like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 7009 Old 11-29-2014, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
I'll help you out. Side placement is ideal but they still work great on a rear wall too, if you can try and get your seating a foot or two in front of the back wall it will help you catch more reflections from the side walls. If they will be around 7 feet off the ground or lower you don't need to angle them down. I would experiment with the bipole/dipole switch as on a rear wall you will probably get better performance with them in the bipole position.

Well said.
Thank you, Mr. Hicks, for your reply. I should also mention that I called Aperion and spoke with Donovan a few weeks b4 my original post. He was very helpful and was patient with my questions. My post was aimed more towards owners and their experience with rear wall placement; always like to hear different opinions from users on this site. That being said, these forums as well as the help from Aperion really allow us to get the most from our equipment. Knowledge IS power!!! Keep up the great work.
post #6993 of 7009 Old 11-29-2014, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzbc View Post
Well said.
+1
post #6994 of 7009 Old 12-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Recently sold my separates and now am in market for a receiver to drive my 6T's. I have researched this in detail and am somewhat leery of Onkyo after reading online about the HDMI board issue. Man, they sure do offer a lot of features for your $. What is everyone using these days to drive their 6T's?

Have looked at Onkyo 828, 727 and Marantz 7007, or 6009. I know the 7007 is older technology but the deals $ are good. Don't need a ton of bells/whistles, just something with enough power for the 6T's.

TY in advance!
post #6995 of 7009 Old 12-01-2014, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKORTech View Post
Thank you, Mr. Hicks, for your reply. I should also mention that I called Aperion and spoke with Donovan a few weeks b4 my original post. He was very helpful and was patient with my questions. My post was aimed more towards owners and their experience with rear wall placement; always like to hear different opinions from users on this site. That being said, these forums as well as the help from Aperion really allow us to get the most from our equipment. Knowledge IS power!!! Keep up the great work.

+1
Your quote "Knowledge IS power!!!" unquote

Before buying the aperion, I did lots of reading since I was from DIY and when it was time to buy, I ask my audio engineer Body between aperion and another brand (well regarded ID company that even went into the trouble to send their speakers to the CNR {Canadian Research Center}).

His reply was the aperion (verus grand, and he did look into the main engineer philosophy about where to cut or not for parts/crossover).

I could not be happier with my aperion verus grand and never went back on my choice.

I got No Problem to recommend aperion and a few other ID brand of ID companies as long each company offer a good value for the quality/money.

By the way, this is coming from a guy that started into the audio hobby with a less than $100 system and now own a $3600 audio/video processor.

Welcome to this Hobby and keep reading, like you said knowledge is power

Happy listening

Ray
2liter likes this.

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
post #6996 of 7009 Old 12-01-2014, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post
Recently sold my separates and now am in market for a receiver to drive my 6T's. I have researched this in detail and am somewhat leery of Onkyo after reading online about the HDMI board issue. Man, they sure do offer a lot of features for your $. What is everyone using these days to drive their 6T's?

Have looked at Onkyo 828, 727 and Marantz 7007, or 6009. I know the 7007 is older technology but the deals $ are good. Don't need a ton of bells/whistles, just something with enough power for the 6T's.

TY in advance!
My father-in-laws HDMI board went out on his Onkyo a few months ago. He powers it on maybe once every couple of weeks so I'm really puzzled how it got overheated to the point of failure. I was all set to replace my old Denon with Onkyo until this happened.
post #6997 of 7009 Old 12-01-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
My father-in-laws HDMI board went out on his Onkyo a few months ago. He powers it on maybe once every couple of weeks so I'm really puzzled how it got overheated to the point of failure. I was all set to replace my old Denon with Onkyo until this happened.
I had a Marantz SR-4002 that I bought new in 2009. The HDMI board also failed about 6 mos. out of warranty. Upon researching, it seemed that those boards were the weak link in the Marantz, as well as other companies. Probably from the same supplier or just todays lack of pride in engineering; i.e. keeping the service depts and new equipment sales guys happy. This also applies to most consumer appliances: washers, dryers, etc, IMHO. Currently using Emotiva separates to drive my Aperion 6T 5.1 system for 4 years and no problems to mention. Also have a Yamaha driving a smaller bedroom 5.1 system for 2 years problem free. Time will tell on the reliability of the above.
post #6998 of 7009 Old 12-01-2014, 11:29 PM

Welcome to this Hobby and keep reading, like you said knowledge is power

Been into home audio since the early eighties back when I thought the world began and ended with the Nakamichi Dragon!!! Never could afford one back then in my teens but times have obviously changed for the better. This Hobby is one I continue to enjoy to this day because music is a huge part of my life and I love to hear it reproduced as cleanly as I can. Within my budget, of course. I never get bored with upgrading and it's a hobby I will enjoy as long as I have my hearing!!

Happy listening

Ray[/QUOTE]
2liter likes this.
post #6999 of 7009 Old 12-02-2014, 12:54 PM

Liked: 18
Hello all. I guess I just joined the club. I bought some Intimus 5T (2) , 5C and 4BP (2) to during their Cyber Monday deal! My HT room is pretty funky so it is all about SPACE. I'll be getting towers in the next few years when we move to a new pad but in the meantime these will be a huge upgrade from my current Infinity setup. I'll report back once I have the system in place and calibrated to my Yamaha RX-A720 HTR. My listening is 80/20 movies / music.

PS. I also got an SVS PB-2000 sub!

Happy Festivus everyone!
darthray, gpzbc and 2liter like this.

########################################
Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Last edited by el_Fernando; 12-09-2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: I swapped out the 5B's for some 5T's!!!
post #7000 of 7009 Old 12-02-2014, 02:16 PM

Liked: 11
Wow, I thought we had lost you to the great audio store in the sky! Glad I was wrong.

Cheers
2liter likes this.
post #7001 of 7009 Old 12-03-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Since this is the official Aperion thread, do you guys agree with the other AVS members who suggest that Aperion isn't the best choice for home theaters? It seems the majority prefer High Efficiency speakers for HT setups?
post #7002 of 7009 Old 12-06-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Nice to see you still lurking around, even if you went to better endeavor (I hope).
You were a Lot of help to me on this forum and help me and lots of others on well informative decision.

Wishing you the Best

Ray

Thanks Ray, good to see you are still keeping this thread alive with your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynaudio View Post
Wow, I thought we had lost you to the great audio store in the sky! Glad I was wrong.

Cheers

Nope, I'm not dead!

Hope you are doing well Russ and happy holidays to all!
darthray likes this.
post #7003 of 7009 Old 12-06-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
Thanks Ray, good to see you are still keeping this thread alive with your posts.

Nope, I'm not dead!

Hope you are doing well Russ and happy holidays to all!

Thank you for the complements, but I would like this thread to be a little more lively.
I do not know about the aperion other speakers, but know the Grant are amazing.
They sound outstanding and have wonderful finish to bout.

Happy Holidays to you too.

Ray
Hicks likes this.

The more you have
The longer you live
post #7004 of 7009 Old 12-07-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
Since this is the official Aperion thread, do you guys agree with the other AVS members who suggest that Aperion isn't the best choice for home theaters? It seems the majority prefer High Efficiency speakers for HT setups?

The aperion are not low sensitive, my Grand towers are 92bd and the Intimus towers are 90db.
A more sensitive speakers normally use an horn tweeter driver (they are exception of course).
I find that most high sensitive speaker are fatiguing to the ears after a while.

So I will disagree, unless you have an extra big room or low power from your AVR, then high sensitive might be the way to go.
Every time I listen to a movie, it just sound perfect with lots of details but no so much in your face.
Just a well detail sound and well balance.
(I got the Grand towers, center and 4 bookshelf for surronds duty)

A good speaker is just that, it should sound good on either well recorded music or a well recorded movie track

Hope this help a little.

Ray
John Robinson likes this.

The more you have
The longer you live

Last edited by darthray; 12-07-2014 at 04:07 PM.
post #7005 of 7009 Old 12-08-2014, 06:19 PM

Liked: 12
I've used an Onkyo 876 for years and about a year ago upgraded to a 1010. Neither have had any HDMI board issues[*] and have no problems driving my Aperion 6T/6C and four 5B's in my 20x30' greatroom. I've been very happy with both my Onkyo and Aperion purchases and would buy again!

* I have all my A/V gear in a converted hall closet on 7' Chatsworth 19" rack and have some fans on the AVR and in the ceiling to keep my gear at a reasonable temp. I won't guarantee that if you keep your Onkyo's cool that you won't have problems either, but heat is known to be a common cause for electronics failing early.
post #7006 of 7009 Old 12-08-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synfinatic View Post
I've used an Onkyo 876 for years and about a year ago upgraded to a 1010. Neither have had any HDMI board issues[*] and have no problems driving my Aperion 6T/6C and four 5B's in my 20x30' greatroom. I've been very happy with both my Onkyo and Aperion purchases and would buy again!

* I have all my A/V gear in a converted hall closet on 7' Chatsworth 19" rack and have some fans on the AVR and in the ceiling to keep my gear at a reasonable temp. I won't guarantee that if you keep your Onkyo's cool that you won't have problems either, but heat is known to be a common cause for electronics failing early.

Thanks for your info about someone using the Intimus line, this could be great information for someone who want to use a receiver with Intimus. And this is also a big room that you got.
Good info for someone who might consider them in a fair size room.

I am also a big believer to keep your system cool.
I use 4 of these
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556094272.html
Control with one of these (dual, one side for the amp and the other for the pre-amp)
http://www.coolerguys.com/cgdpsled.html
2 for my Outlaw 7700 power-amp and 2 for my Marantz AV8801 audio/processor and the last one is known to get very hot.
It can get a bit noisy with 4 of them in an open rack but my equipment is in-wall so no problem there

Ray
2liter likes this.

The more you have
The longer you live

Last edited by darthray; 12-08-2014 at 07:18 PM.
post #7007 of 7009 Old 12-13-2014, 04:22 PM

Yea good point on keeping things cool. I noticed my rec (Yamaha Aventage A720) is getting a bit more warmer than usual since about a month ago. I have to get some cooling in there somewhere.

BTW, the Intimus 4BP are great surrounds. Very glad I went that route rather than getting bookshelfs for sats!

post #7008 of 7009 Old 12-13-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_Fernando View Post
Yea good point on keeping things cool. I noticed my rec (Yamaha Aventage A720) is getting a bit more warmer than usual since about a month ago. I have to get some cooling in there somewhere.

BTW, the Intimus 4BP are great surrounds. Very glad I went that route rather than getting bookshelfs for sats!

If it is only warmer, I would not worry about it.
Like I said in a previous post, my AV8801 is hot to the touch.

Ray

The more you have
The longer you live
post #7009 of 7009 Old Today, 12:15 PM

I get a little bit antsy with regards to heat. I'm in the high-tech hardware industry and heat is NO BUENO. keep it cool!

Quote:
If it is only warmer, I would not worry about it.
Like I said in a previous post, my AV8801 is hot to the touch.

Ray

Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread