*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 236 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7051 of 7070 Old 04-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It's not about the money haha. I just thought it would look weird and might not have the right dispersion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7052 of 7070 Old 04-02-2015, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Verus Grand Towers + center have arrived. Can't wait to listen to them later! These are going to replace my klipsch rb-51iis and rc-52ii
2liter likes this.
post #7053 of 7070 Old 04-02-2015, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpang View Post
My Verus Grand Towers + center have arrived. Can't wait to listen to them later! These are going to replace my klipsch rb-51iis and rc-52ii
Let us know what you think.
2liter likes this.
post #7054 of 7070 Old 04-02-2015, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post
I tried out a pair of Forte towers and unfortunately was not impressed. They do have a very smooth tweeter,very clear. Bass response was next to nothing. I do use a sub but I like to run my towers full band from time to time. I compared them with my Energy Rc 50's and the Energy's were far better. I sent back the Fortes and will hang on to my Energy's. Very good experience with Aperion customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your impression
aperion sound is not for everyone.
aperion try to be as neutral as it can be, not everyone cup of tea
And that is fine, we all different preference of sound.

And a Big Thank You to point out the customer service was a good experience

All the best and happy listening

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7055 of 7070 Old 04-02-2015, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyxle View Post
It's not about the money haha. I just thought it would look weird and might not have the right dispersion.

Dispersion?
I do not know at the moment since the format is so new!
Who knows how thing will develop.

For the weird part, if it is a dedicated room with the speakers on the ceiling at the proper angles just like 7.1 on the walls.
It should work perfect

I am in no rush to jump in the band wagon

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7056 of 7070 Old 04-02-2015, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Welcome to the family

I do Love mine but also have a bit of a concern.

Have you listen to neutral speakers before?
Klipsch are know to be forward and bright.
If you did and prefer the neutral sound, then it is a good choice.

If not, since you already got them going your-way.
Give them a chance!
At first, you will find something lacking, then you will find it is all there
Lots of small details sounds (drag on a cigarette and so on).

Let us know how it work out for you, either way

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7057 of 7070 Old 04-03-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Welcome to the family

I do Love mine but also have a bit of a concern.

Have you listen to neutral speakers before?
Klipsch are know to be forward and bright.
If you did and prefer the neutral sound, then it is a good choice.

If not, since you already got them going your-way.
Give them a chance!
At first, you will find something lacking, then you will find it is all there
Lots of small details sounds (drag on a cigarette and so on).

Let us know how it work out for you, either way

Ray
I actually chose not to upgrade to better klipsch speakers because I found them too bright.

First impressions so far with the Aperions are they are quite flat compared to what I'm used to but I just have to get used to the neutral sound. Definitely a lot more details that I can hear.

Will get a lot more listening and some movie/tv show watching in over the weekend.
2liter likes this.
post #7058 of 7070 Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
First impressions so far with the Aperions are they are quite flat compared to what I'm used to but I just have to get used to the neutral sound. Definitely a lot more details that I can hear.

Will get a lot more listening and some movie/tv show watching in over the weekend.
Being a Klipsch owner as well who is looking for a well regarded neutral sounding speaker, I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on these.

I have been looking at the Aperions for a while now, and have read the entire thread. Unfortunately I have seen the Verus Grand Center in piano black has been through several shipping delays because of the longshoreman strike. The website is now stating 6/1 as the current estimated ship date.

Being that you just received yours, I'm assuming that you went with the cherry finish instead?
2liter likes this.
post #7059 of 7070 Old 04-03-2015, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I actually chose not to upgrade to better klipsch speakers because I found them too bright.

Thanks for posting with your opinions
Sound to me like they are a keeper

Neutral speaker is the way to go in my honest opinion, a well designed one like the aperion will have all the small details in the recording.
Another advantage is they are not fatiguing if you listen to them for a long period of time.

Keep posting your thought since me and other would like to know

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7060 of 7070 Old 04-03-2015, 07:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1862 Post(s)
Liked: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent A View Post
Being a Klipsch owner as well who is looking for a well regarded neutral sounding speaker, I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on these.

I have been looking at the Aperions for a while now, and have read the entire thread. Unfortunately I have seen the Verus Grand Center in piano black has been through several shipping delays because of the longshoreman strike. The website is now stating 6/1 as the current estimated ship date.

Being that you just received yours, I'm assuming that you went with the cherry finish instead?
I would also look at the Sierra Towers (as well as their other models in the range) from Ascend Acoustics. Excellent reputation as well. More finishes to choose from and high quality drivers. My father has the Forte's up front and the Grand center and I think their weakness is dialog reproduction. A little too edgy and maybe not as smooth and articulate as some. But, that's just my opinion.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #7061 of 7070 Old 04-03-2015, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I would also look at the Sierra Towers (as well as their other models in the range) from Ascend Acoustics. Excellent reputation as well. More finishes to choose from and high quality drivers. My father has the Forte's up front and the Grand center and I think their weakness is dialog reproduction. A little too edgy and maybe not as smooth and articulate as some. But, that's just my opinion.

The Sierra towers are also well respected.

In all respect I do not agree with
"Grand center and I think their weakness is dialog reproduction. A little too edgy and maybe not as smooth and articulate as some"

Never had a problem with mine, but always have an open mind

In a perfect word, the center cabinet would have been a few inch taller (and me buying a new center stand, lower). Same mid's as the tower and the mid-woofer same as the towers.
I did say "In a perfect word" so it might not work for an audio engineer due to space volume.

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7062 of 7070 Old 04-04-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:

I actually bought an open-box piano black one because I too didn't want to have to wait that long.
2liter likes this.
post #7063 of 7070 Old 04-04-2015, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

I have been eying the Sierra line as well and like what I see and read about them. Unfortunately there is the ever present WAF factor to deal with. She is having a hard enough time with the size of the Grand Center's compared to our current center (Klipsch KV-1) that she has gotten used to for that last 16+ years. The Sierra Horizon has that "big black box" look that is hard to sell her on after seeing the graceful curves of the Grand Center.

Quote:
I actually bought an open-box piano black one because I too didn't want to have to wait that long.

I completely forgot about looking in that section of the site. Thanks!

So I know it's been a very short time, but do you have any first impressions of them?
post #7064 of 7070 Old 04-11-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
So I know it's been a very short time, but do you have any first impressions of them?
I have been really enjoying the neutral sound of the Aperions. After getting used to them the feeling of flatness from them went away. Everything sounds extremely smooth and clear. Can listen to music for as long as I want without being fatigued.

I have no issues with them for movies and to me they aren't lacking that "in your face" sound that the klipsch are known to be good for.
darthray, gpzbc and 2liter like this.
post #7065 of 7070 Old 04-11-2015, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have been really enjoying the neutral sound of the Aperions. After getting used to them the feeling of flatness from them went away. Everything sounds extremely smooth and clear. Can listen to music for as long as I want without being fatigued.

I have no issues with them for movies and to me they aren't lacking that "in your face" sound that the klipsch are known to be good for.

So far, it sound like so good

A good neutral sound is the way to go in my opinion.
For "I have no issues with them for movies and to me they aren't lacking that "in your face" sound that the klipsch are known to be good for"

It is always a matter of personnel opinion

As you found out, a good neutral speaker can and will give all the small details

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7066 of 7070 Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I live in Eugene, OR and got a chance to visit the Aperion office in Portland this last friday. It was an awesome experience. I've been considering the Aperion Verus Grands for a 2.0 setup for quite some time. I currently have Magnepan Tympani 1D speakers and I love them, but I really want something with more dynamic punch for movies. Holy crap did the Verus Grands deliver. My girlfriend and I listened to a bunch of our favorite music off my tablet into a Fiio E18 as well as a Pink Floyd SACD through their Oppo player and Marantz receiver.

I loved the Verus Grand towers in 2.0 mode. It was a goosebump inducing experience. Huge punch, enormous dynamics, crystal clear midrange. It was everything I've been looking for. I really enjoyed the tweeter, way more than I was expecting. It has a really subtle sound to it and a huuuuuge dispersion. You can't locate the tweeter at all when you focus on the music, which I really love coming from Klipsch speakers in the past. I couldn't believe how much bottom end they had as well. When we tried them in 2.1 I really didn't enjoy it as much. The sound became too flubby and loose. I guess the Bravus subwoofer isn't really capable of keeping pace with fast music, but it really excelled in 5.1 mode.

We watched the cannon fight scene from Master and Commander and wow that was the main selling point right there. The footsteps on above on the ship sounded like there were Atmos speakers in the ceiling. The cannon blasts had massive punch and impact to them. The vocal clarity and soundstage from the center channel was spot on. My girlfriend honestly forgot where we were for a moment and got totally into the movie. Both of us could imagine never going to a theater again and the thought of never suffering teenage kids talking and kicking our seats again was a wonderful thought. I'll certainly need a popcorn machine after I pick up a 5.1 set.

Anyway, couldn't have been happier with the experience and the sales guy, Donovan, wasn't pushy at all. They don't get paid on commission so we basically just hung out and tried different stuff with the speakers. It was a ton of fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11206059_10101603289452078_9135690710082408055_n.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	699930  
darthray, gpzbc and 2liter like this.
post #7067 of 7070 Old 05-04-2015, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
I live in Eugene, OR and got a chance to visit the Aperion office in Portland this last friday. It was an awesome experience. I've been considering the Aperion Verus Grands for a 2.0 setup for quite some time. I currently have Magnepan Tympani 1D speakers and I love them, but I really want something with more dynamic punch for movies. Holy crap did the Verus Grands deliver. My girlfriend and I listened to a bunch of our favorite music off my tablet into a Fiio E18 as well as a Pink Floyd SACD through their Oppo player and Marantz receiver.

I loved the Verus Grand towers in 2.0 mode. It was a goosebump inducing experience. Huge punch, enormous dynamics, crystal clear midrange. It was everything I've been looking for. I really enjoyed the tweeter, way more than I was expecting. It has a really subtle sound to it and a huuuuuge dispersion. You can't locate the tweeter at all when you focus on the music, which I really love coming from Klipsch speakers in the past. I couldn't believe how much bottom end they had as well. When we tried them in 2.1 I really didn't enjoy it as much. The sound became too flubby and loose. I guess the Bravus subwoofer isn't really capable of keeping pace with fast music, but it really excelled in 5.1 mode.

We watched the cannon fight scene from Master and Commander and wow that was the main selling point right there. The footsteps on above on the ship sounded like there were Atmos speakers in the ceiling. The cannon blasts had massive punch and impact to them. The vocal clarity and soundstage from the center channel was spot on. My girlfriend honestly forgot where we were for a moment and got totally into the movie. Both of us could imagine never going to a theater again and the thought of never suffering teenage kids talking and kicking our seats again was a wonderful thought. I'll certainly need a popcorn machine after I pick up a 5.1 set.

Anyway, couldn't have been happier with the experience and the sales guy, Donovan, wasn't pushy at all. They don't get paid on commission so we basically just hung out and tried different stuff with the speakers. It was a ton of fun.

Glad to hear about your Good experience

Before I bought my aperion.
I was a DIY person and very happy with what I had.
I know what go in a speaker as quality of cabinet, drivers, crossover and where sometime cut need to be made.

After 10 years with my DIY, I started to have an hitch for a change.
So I start looking and found aperion, I look at all reviews that I could find, and also the interview from the main Engineer from aperion where he cut high quality parts for budget wise lower one.

I like his thinking, and to make sure, I ask my audio buddy who design speakers and thought me everything I know about audio.

My friend agreed 100% with the aperion Engineer that those cut should not affect the sound.

So kept looking, nice sound that make it to magazine as an IB company, Awards and so on

So I bought, in the Verus Grand series;
2 towers
center
and 4 bookshelf's and never look back

Nice little Gem, aren't they?
Beautiful sound, outstanding finish and solid as very well made.

Too bad this thread does not get more traffic

Thank You for posting your opinion.
Aperion should get mention a lot more since they are such a nice neutral speakers that deliver all the details.

Welcome to the family

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7068 of 7070 Old 05-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Still have an Aperion 6C center channel up for sale and I have dropped my shipped price to $225. See:

APERION 6C Center Channel Speaker

Sean
post #7069 of 7070 Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I just drove down to Portland yesterday to snag a gloss Aperion 5.1 speaker package. I also bought a 7 channel Emotiva amp and a Marantz 7.2 receiver.

I will post up some pictures, my new tiny house closes on June 1st. Pretty excited to get it all set up and!

Anyways, I thought I would stop in and say hi
gpzbc and BacHolz like this.

Oppo BDP103, Sony 70" LED, Definitive Technology Mythos STS Towers, Definitive Technology Mythos 9's x3, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Furman Elite 15, Harmony Ultimate Hub and Rythmik FV15HP.
post #7070 of 7070 Old Today, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My first 5.1 system

Hello thread,

I am a newcomer to home audio looking to set up my first 5.1 system in my 17x17 living room in an apartment. The listening area occupies about 2/3 of it. We mostly watch TV, Movies, Music and Games in that order. No room for florstanders so looking at bookshelf speakers. Aperion appears to hit all my notes in terms of being well reviewed, good price, excellent customer service. I am trying now to decide between a system built around the Intimus line or the Verus line. It comes out to about a $400 difference when I package it all out. My question to the forum is will I notice a difference in terms of the coverage / soundstage in my space and the sound quality for more of a TV / home theater setup? My receiver is a Yamaha A740 (http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...-a740_black_u/). In one review of the Intimus it said "works great with even entry level receivers" where a review of the Verus said it really needed a top level receiver to shine. Any thoughts or guidance are appreciated.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread