*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 237 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #7081 of 7103 Old 06-13-2015, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5/SS View Post
The center is just sitting on two adjustable speaker stands for now. I am having the LED calibrated and mounted pretty soon. The center channel will then go under the TV.

Once the TV is mounted.
The most important thing about the center is to have the tweeter at the same level as the tweeter of the mains at your main listening position (MLP).

Most of the time, it is not possible due to the screen height restriction.
But, that's OK since there is an easy way around that.

Click on my signature for an example

Get yourself a cheap and flat laser pointer.
Put it on the top of your main and point at your MLP,
Put a piece of tape
Subtract the distance from the top of the cabinet to the center of the tweeter
Go to your piece of tape and subtract the same distance and put a new piece of tape and remove the first piece of tape.

This is where your main tweeter aim at!

Now repeat this exercise with your center until the subtracted distance of the center top of the cabinet to the center of the tweeter is the same by tilting your center up or down by hitting the piece of tape at the same location as your main.

This is the best way for your MLP.
About an hour of your time, but worth every minutes

This way you get the most of your system.
After all, you are the one that paid all the money for it, and if you have some guess sitting in a back row.
They are still going to be impress, but do not understand or appreciate all the small nuance about sound

Put your self and better half first

Ray
gpzbc, K5/SS and 2liter like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7082 of 7103 Old 06-18-2015, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Okay, has anyone on here that has tried or owns the Verus Grand compared these to the Monitor Audio Silver 6 or 8s? I really would like to know. Thanks.
2liter likes this.
post #7083 of 7103 Old 06-18-2015, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingeborgdot View Post
Okay, has anyone on here that has tried or owns the Verus Grand compared these to the Monitor Audio Silver 6 or 8s? I really would like to know. Thanks.

First, I own the Verus Grand and never heard the Monitor Audio Silver series.

I love my Grand, but honestly after searching for a few minutes and not digging too deep.
I think, it would be tacking a step sideway, better or worst, maybe.

The Monitor look well built with descent component, same as the aperion.
Both should produce the same sound, except for small detail, as more or less, highs, bass or midrange, since they both use component close to each other.

Their design are different, for one use the tweeter on top and the other as an MTM.
I personally think the sound difference would be small, but still there.

At this point, it is all about your personal preference.

Other than trying side by side, I honestly don't think it would be a night a day difference.
Same with me looking for a different car (Audi, BMW and Mercedes).

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7084 of 7103 Old 06-18-2015, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Fair enough. Thanks.
2liter likes this.
post #7085 of 7103 Old 06-20-2015, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Fair enough. Thanks.

Honest question get an honest answer's

I love my aperion and my SVS subs.
Their is a lot of other brand that are very good.

A lot of it depend on your preference of sound, most of the time subtitle.
Just trying to be as little bias as possible

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7086 of 7103 Old 06-21-2015, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 716 Post(s)
Liked: 794
I would just add with the Monitor Audios you are most likely getting less speaker for the money since you are not just covering the cost of manufacturing, manufacturer's margin, but also the dealer margin. A good ID speaker maker, there are a number of them and Aperion is definitely one, should always be the better value since you are skipping the middle man.

It's also a nice plus to speak directly with the guys that make them as well as the CEO/designer. Try doing that when buying a Monitor Audio speaker. I'm not saying that they don't make very good speakers, but I would contend that with some careful shopping you can find a equal one for less, a better for the same. The ID's are also great about posting graphs and other helpful info about their speakers. Go to PSB's site (one I am familiar with) and you see some nice marketing speak, a few pics and specs - that's it.

Unless you're buying from Crutchfield, Aperion's generous 60 day in-home trial is another big plus. It's important to listen to what you bought in your own environment. Nothing worse than spending hard earned cash, realizing after time, tinkering, etc, that you aren't happy and being unable to return them.

Full disclosure, I own a pair of Aperion's they are just not listed in my sig below.
darthray, gpzbc and 2liter like this.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000 Fronts, Ascend HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
post #7087 of 7103 Old 06-22-2015, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
I would just add with the Monitor Audios you are most likely getting less speaker for the money since you are not just covering the cost of manufacturing, manufacturer's margin, but also the dealer margin. A good ID speaker maker, there are a number of them and Aperion is definitely one, should always be the better value since you are skipping the middle man.

It's also a nice plus to speak directly with the guys that make them as well as the CEO/designer. Try doing that when buying a Monitor Audio speaker. I'm not saying that they don't make very good speakers, but I would contend that with some careful shopping you can find a equal one for less, a better for the same. The ID's are also great about posting graphs and other helpful info about their speakers. Go to PSB's site (one I am familiar with) and you see some nice marketing speak, a few pics and specs - that's it.

Unless you're buying from Crutchfield, Aperion's generous 60 day in-home trial is another big plus. It's important to listen to what you bought in your own environment. Nothing worse than spending hard earned cash, realizing after time, tinkering, etc, that you aren't happy and being unable to return them.

Full disclosure, I own a pair of Aperion's they are just not listed in my sig below.

Depending on finances he has a chance to listen to both in his own environment since Crutchfield carries Monitor Audio.

Basement: Oppo BDP-105D, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300, Cambridge 640C V2
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790
Vacation Home: Oppo BDP-103D
Family Room: Oppo BDP-93, Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 752BD
post #7088 of 7103 Old 06-22-2015, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

What is Crutchfield's policy?
post #7089 of 7103 Old 06-22-2015, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

60 days full refund. I believe they even pay for return shipping.

post #7090 of 7103 Old 06-22-2015, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

A very good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post
Depending on finances he has a chance to listen to both in his own environment since Crutchfield carries Monitor Audio.
Quote:
Quote:
60 days full refund. I believe they even pay for return shipping.

Did you meant aperion?
Or Crutchfield's also have the aperion on hand?

I love my aperion, but do not wish the price to go up for others to own such nice speakers
Free shipping is built into the cost.

I truly believe side by side is the best way to listen to speakers, as long there is no abuse by doing a little bit of research.

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7091 of 7103 Old 06-23-2015, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
A very good point

Did you meant aperion?
Or Crutchfield's also have the aperion on hand?

I love my aperion, but do not wish the price to go up for others to own such nice speakers
Free shipping is built into the cost.

I truly believe side by side is the best way to listen to speakers, as long there is no abuse by doing a little bit of research.

Ray

My reference to Crutchfield's 60 return policy was for the Monitor Audio Silver 6. I know their predecessor the Silver RX6 received several favorable reviews.

post #7092 of 7103 Old 06-23-2015, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
First, I own the Verus Grand and never heard the Monitor Audio Silver series.

I love my Grand, but honestly after searching for a few minutes and not digging too deep.

Both should produce the same sound, except for small detail, as more or less, highs, bass or midrange, since they both use component close to each other.

Their design are different, for one use the tweeter on top and the other as an MTM.
I personally think the sound difference would be small, but still there.

At this point, it is all about your personal preference.

Other than trying side by side, I honestly don't think it would be a night a day difference.
Same with me looking for a different car (Audi, BMW and Mercedes).

Ray
Quote:
My reference to Crutchfield's 60 return policy was for the Monitor Audio Silver 6. I know their predecessor the Silver RX6 received several favorable reviews.

Good to know for future buyer

To quote my-self

End quote

I think these two products are very similar, except for small difference, when personal preference come into play
Then again, a serious buyer would like to look at all option

I was more talking in general as the difference between bright, law back and balance.
Unless, I am wrong, the monitor and aperion both look like balance, and at this point, a personal preference.

Ray
2liter likes this.
post #7093 of 7103 Old 06-28-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone have the Aperion surrounds? I am going to have to get some type of ceiling mount as a wall mount option is out as there is no wall on the one side and I have an acoustical panel on the other side. I was wondering if I could make an L type bracket out of pine. 1x4 on top and a 1x10 on the side to give it a wall like surface. I would paint them up to make them look nice and glossy like the speakers. I would attach the two pieces together and attach to the ceiling. The 1x4 would be what attaches to the ceiling. The 1x10 would be screwed and glued to the 1x4 and would be what the surround bracket attaches to if the surround brackets are what I think they are as I don't have them yet but will on Wed. I don't have a pic of what I want to do but can anyone picture this?
post #7094 of 7103 Old 06-28-2015, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I could use a panavise mount also but just am not sure at this point. Anyone?
post #7095 of 7103 Old 06-28-2015, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Does anyone have the Aperion surrounds? I am going to have to get some type of ceiling mount as a wall mount option is out as there is no wall on the one side and I have an acoustical panel on the other side. I was wondering if I could make an L type bracket out of pine. 1x4 on top and a 1x10 on the side to give it a wall like surface. I would paint them up to make them look nice and glossy like the speakers. I would attach the two pieces together and attach to the ceiling. The 1x4 would be what attaches to the ceiling. The 1x10 would be screwed and glued to the 1x4 and would be what the surround bracket attaches to if the surround brackets are what I think they are as I don't have them yet but will on Wed. I don't have a pic of what I want to do but can anyone picture this?

aperion use to have a nice mount for surround
But they were a real Pain in the A## to install
This may be the reason, they are no longer there for sale
A lot of reply's back, I have mention on how I would use them to make them easier

Quote:
I could use a panavise mount also but just am not sure at this point. Anyone?

Can you post a link?
At this point, I am not sure of what you intend to use (also short on time, but like to help).

Ray
post #7096 of 7103 Old 06-28-2015, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I would really like to make my own mount. I would like to try to make an L bracket. The 1x4 on the top and the 1x10 on the side which will act like a wall and you can mount it directly to the L bracket. I don't know any other way to explain it. I have no pics and have not made it. The other mount is from Panavise. http://www.amazon.com/PanaVise-11012...+speaker+mount
post #7097 of 7103 Old 07-24-2015, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Love my grand verus tower and center. Been using them for the past 3 weeks. It was between this or SVS Ultra series. I like the overall sound of the Verus.
2liter likes this.

SAMSUNG UN78HU9000
DENON AVR-X7200WA / OPPO 103 / ATMOS 5.1.4
RYTHMIK D15SE 15" SERVO SUBWOOFER
APERION GRAND VERUS TOWER & CENTER
KLIPSCH R-5800 SURROUNDS
post #7098 of 7103 Old 07-24-2015, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I would really like to make my own mount. I would like to try to make an L bracket. The 1x4 on the top and the 1x10 on the side which will act like a wall and you can mount it directly to the L bracket. I don't know any other way to explain it. I have no pics and have not made it. The other mount is from Panavise. http://www.amazon.com/PanaVise-11012...+speaker+mount

Custom made mount is always the best, but the ones you have posted seem to be very well made and will look more into-it when time permit.

Ray
post #7099 of 7103 Old 07-24-2015, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punksterz626 View Post
Love my grand verus tower and center. Been using them for the past 3 weeks. It was between this or SVS Ultra series. I like the overall sound of the Verus.

Did you try them both?

If so, it would be very good information for future customer
I was debating between them and opt for the Verus due to my friend advice.
Who is an audio speaker designer on the side and maybe the fact that, I did not need the extra bass since I got 2 PB13 Subs.

Ray
post #7100 of 7103 Old 07-25-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I got to listen to the SVS in someone's house and did not trial them in mine so not the true side by side and they sounded good but I liked the Aperion Verus Grands better.
darthray likes this.
post #7101 of 7103 Old 07-25-2015, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I got to listen to the SVS in someone's house and did not trial them in mine so not the true side by side and they sounded good but I liked the Aperion Verus Grands better.

Thanks for your impression
The Verus Grands do sound good and still %100 happy with my own decision to go with them
And also thanks for an honest impression.
I think aperion should get more traffic, especially with the Verus Grands line-up.

Ray
post #7102 of 7103 Unread Today, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Did you try them both?

If so, it would be very good information for future customer
I was debating between them and opt for the Verus due to my friend advice.
Who is an audio speaker designer on the side and maybe the fact that, I did not need the extra bass since I got 2 PB13 Subs.

Ray
Yes, i demo both the Ultras and the Verus. In fact, the Ultras are scheduled to be picked up this wednesday. Overall, both sets of speakers are worth owning. I really wanted the Ultra because of its design and was pretty set on it. Like many here, i did a search on the forum for "SVS Ultra vs..." and came upon the Verus and heard good things on it. I figure, free returns, might as well give it a test.

These speakers are used solely for movies and the Verus beats the Ultra in this area. For music, i would probably go with the Ultras. Both sets are well made, quality products. In the end, i just went with Verus because it produces the sound that which reminds me of a movie theater.

SAMSUNG UN78HU9000
KLIPSCH R-5800 SURROUNDS
post #7103 of 7103 Unread Today, 08:12 AM

Here are few pictures of the two side by side
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

SAMSUNG UN78HU9000
KLIPSCH R-5800 SURROUNDS
Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page