*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 243 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 241Likes

post #7261 of 7261 Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie789 View Post
How is Aperion coloring their speakers black in the states? I thought they do all of their finish work in China where they manufacture?

It's a shame that he cherry speakers didn't come out correctly. The main reason i even started looking at them is the their finish quality and their wood veneers.

Has anyone heard of philharmonic? I've been reading great things about their slim towers. How do they compare to the VG or VG2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
I dough very much, the finishing got re-done in the States.
A black gloss demand lots of work to be done properly, and cannot be done over a veneer.

More than likely, after the Cherry failed quality control.
Aperion told the manufacture to start over and do them in black gloss, to get production going until they figure out the problem, with the Cherry veneer finish.

The Phil are very well regarded.
For music hard to beat, but will not have the slam has the Aperion for movie.
Many treads to read if you intend to go that way.

Ray
I didn't ask Aperion for details, but I suspect you are both right that they didn't receive then decide to refinish the speakers here in the US. As for how they refinished them from Cherry to Black, no idea. Perhaps I misunderstood the guy on the phone. Don't think so, but possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page