*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 245 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 274Likes

post #7321 of 7324 Old 09-23-2016, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhs View Post
No one can describe the sound of any speaker to you in a way that makes it possible for you to make a purchase decision.

You need to decide for yourself. Remember, speakers are powered by an amp, so you can only review a combo of a speaker + amplifier, not a speaker in isolation. Amplifiers have their own sonic signature too...

I don't know the kind of sound you prefer, so you need to narrow down your amplifier choice, and see if the Aperion sounds good with them.

Call Aperion audio for ideas on what amplifier goes well with their speakers. Their chief engineer and CEO like Cambridge Audio, so I went with Cambridge Audio, which claims to be a neutral-sounding amplifier.

At $799, it has a lot of good features and is well built, so it is a great value. Whether it will work for you or not depends on your tastes.

No easy answers here.

I think when you said "amplifier" you meant a receiver.
Most good power amp just amplified the sound and do not change the sound.
Receiver and AV processor , on the other hand can have a different signature for sound

And for
"At $799, it has a lot of good features and is well built, so it is a great value. Whether it will work for you or not depends on your tastes."

You are %100 correct, taste will differ between all of us.

Quote:
Got my Verus 2 Grand bookshelves today... Impressions to follow soon

Looking forward to it as a Verus Grand series I owner.

Ray
When I said amplifier, I meant integrated amplifier, not receiver. Pretty common terminology in 2 channel world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7322 of 7324 Old 09-23-2016, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
When I said amplifier, I meant integrated amplifier, not receiver. Pretty common terminology in 2 channel world.

Got it

Lately you do not hear much about integrated amplifier.
So you are correct stating it might sound different, since they have there own pre amp section.

Ray
post #7323 of 7324 Old 09-23-2016, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Quote:

Got it

Lately you do not hear much about integrated amplifier.
So you are correct stating it might sound different, since they have there own pre amp section.

Ray
You don't hear much on AVS forum because it is focused on surround sound.

Obsession with home theater is specific to USA, other countries are focused more on 2 channel audio.
post #7324 of 7324 Old 09-23-2016, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
You don't hear much on AVS forum because it is focused on surround sound.

Obsession with home theater is specific to USA, other countries are focused more on 2 channel audio.
Heh I've noticed that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page