*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 247 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 313Likes

post #7381 of 7407 Old 12-02-2016, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
are there any known coupon codes that work when checking out on their website? looking to pull the trigger soon on a pair of grand verus II towers.

None that I know.
Either way, with or without a coupon for discount, you should not be disappointed

Ray
serith likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7382 of 7407 Old 12-02-2016, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie789 View Post
Might have to try that, but it ends up being a dust catcher.

Right now with the volume at 60 and the source off, there's no sound.

Do ferrite rings prevent ground noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have no ground noise, then your are Golden

For been a dust catcher, it just take a few more second to hold the wire up and dust.
Can't be worst then our Ladies of the house, liking to buy all those little Gizmo to dust

Ferrite rings, now this is old school
Did try it many years ago, but never made a difference, snake oil maybe.

Proper placement of wires is a lot more effective, as never run them in parallel unless they can be about 1 foot apart, if they need to cross each other, cross them like a + sign, and finally do not coil them.

All system are different, so some can do all the above of not to, and still have great result.
Just pointing out of where some time the culprit of ground noise may appear

Ray
Newbie789 likes this.
post #7383 of 7407 Old 12-02-2016, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
None that I know.
Either way, with or without a coupon for discount, you should not be disappointed

Ray
figured no harm in asking

post #7384 of 7407 Old 12-06-2016, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
figured no harm in asking
Their new finish is super affordable right now.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Aperion Audio Allaire - Saving my pennies to get the Verus Grands!
post #7385 of 7407 Old 12-06-2016, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBarra View Post
Their new finish is super affordable right now.
prefer the black myself.
post #7386 of 7407 Old 12-16-2016, 03:38 PM

I just saw this:

darthray likes this.

post #7387 of 7407 Old 12-16-2016, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBarra View Post

Thanks for the link

It was a nice little video to see.

I still very much enjoy my original Verus Grand (7 in total).
I am slowly moving toward Atmos, and was looking to buy 4 more Verus Grand Bookshelf.
The original are no longer available in black, 3 pair of the cherry left as 2-3 week ago
So I will get 4 of the series II, I was told the sound signature is very close

First, wires, speaker mounts for the ceiling and fish all the wires through the ceiling (cheapest and most time consuming).
Then, the amp (second cheapest)
Third, speakers (next cheapest)
Last the new AVP.

One step at the time, since Atmos cannot work with all the component, just have to be patient

Ray
post #7388 of 7407 Old 12-20-2016, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I am looking at upgrading my current speakers from polk tsi 400 towers and a cs10 center to a solid front 3 speakers. The plan is to start with bookshelves right now and go to towers when I get more money and move the bookshelves to surround.

My receiver is a rx-a 850 (100 watts 2 channel driven at 8 ohm) and I also have a marrantz mm7025 for the FR and FL (140 watts 2 channels driven into 8 ohms). Room is 20x20 and open into another 20x10 room. 8 foot ceilings. I'll cross the speakers at 80hz because I have a rythmik fv15hp.

I posted a thread asking for input as my plan was to start with the verus grand 2 bookshelves and the center. The responses I got were to go with psa mt 110s and a mtm-210c instead of aperion. The psa's are high sensitivity and heavy speakers and seem like performers. I'm not too worried about looks, just sound. Before I switched gears and decide to head the psa route, I thought it would be good to get some input from Aperion users. I do like to listen loud. Just want to get the right pair of speakers from the start and not be worried about an upgrade for a very long time! Budget to start with front 3 is appx. $2000.
post #7389 of 7407 Old 12-20-2016, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1424 Post(s)
Liked: 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDH View Post
I am looking at upgrading my current speakers from polk tsi 400 towers and a cs10 center to a solid front 3 speakers. The plan is to start with bookshelves right now and go to towers when I get more money and move the bookshelves to surround.

My receiver is a rx-a 850 (100 watts 2 channel driven at 8 ohm) and I also have a marrantz mm7025 for the FR and FL (140 watts 2 channels driven into 8 ohms). Room is 20x20 and open into another 20x10 room. 8 foot ceilings. I'll cross the speakers at 80hz because I have a rythmik fv15hp.

I posted a thread asking for input as my plan was to start with the verus grand 2 bookshelves and the center. The responses I got were to go with psa mt 110s and a mtm-210c instead of aperion. The psa's are high sensitivity and heavy speakers and seem like performers. I'm not too worried about looks, just sound. Before I switched gears and decide to head the psa route, I thought it would be good to get some input from Aperion users. I do like to listen loud. Just want to get the right pair of speakers from the start and not be worried about an upgrade for a very long time! Budget to start with front 3 is appx. $2000.
Loud is pretty dependent on distance to your listening position. The Aperions will get loud, just not as loud as the PSA speakers. They also won't have the dynamics at high volumes like say -10db and louder. This is pertains more to the bookshelf than the center the latter of which is much larger.

Both offer a generous in home trial period with shipping included (I think PSA still includes it on their speakers). Best thing would be to try them in your home and hear for yourself which is preferred.

Also, if this is primarily for HT and at high volumes, IMO the PSA would do a better job. It's what they are primarily designed for. Which one you prefer the sound of is something different though.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #7390 of 7407 Old 12-20-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Loud is pretty dependent on distance to your listening position. The Aperions will get loud, just not as loud as the PSA speakers. They also won't have the dynamics at high volumes like say -10db and louder. This is pertains more to the bookshelf than the center the latter of which is much larger.

Both offer a generous in home trial period with shipping included (I think PSA still includes it on their speakers). Best thing would be to try them in your home and hear for yourself which is preferred.

Also, if this is primarily for HT and at high volumes, IMO the PSA would do a better job. It's what they are primarily designed for. Which one you prefer the sound of is something different though.
I'd say it is 50/50 on music and HT. When watching movies I'm usually at -15db and music at -20.

I play closer to 0 dB when I'm cleaning the house though because I like to jam out to take my mind off the dishes and laundry etc..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
post #7391 of 7407 Old 12-20-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I'd say it is 50/50 on music and HT. When watching movies I'm usually at -15db and music at -20.

I play closer to 0 dB when I'm cleaning the house though because I like to jam out to take my mind off the dishes and laundry etc..

Also, I'm wanting to end with the best 5.1 speaker system even though I'm starting out with 3. I think you said exactly what I need to do... Order the bookshelves and center from both companies and decide what I like best. I'll just follow later with the towers from whatever brand I choose.

Kini62 likes this.
post #7392 of 7407 Old 12-21-2016, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

+1
10db difference for sensitivity is Big (3db for double the watt's require).
Also believe, the PSA Might be better for Home Theater in a dictated room, where look is not so important.

Quote:

Just my 2 cents

I love my Aperion (Grand series)

That said, I also been looking into the offering of PSA, since I am Home Theater only.
There following is also great. But were not available, when I purchase my Aperion, if they were, they would have been a serious contender.

Many on the PSA thread, say they no longer use power amp/s (AVR is enough), me I like separate and will stick to-it (something about an AVP sound)
Just something to consider.
If the CDN $ was doing better, I would have love to try them.

With all that said, The Verus Grand do play very loud without any sign of stress
Yes the PSA got me curious, but every time I play a movie, I still get a Big smile for the small details they play (Aperion).

It is a difficult decision, either way, I do not think you will be disappointed, both are great company (Tom V., was co-founder of the original SVS company, before He left, and had to wait 5 Years before starting PSA with a new partner).
But from what I read, do very well for music and movie.

So your biggest decision at this point, in my opinion is;
-Finish or
-A lot more efficient (and more likely, more dynamic).

Ray
BryceDH likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 12-21-2016 at 08:32 PM.
post #7393 of 7407 Old 12-21-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
+1
10db difference for sensitivity is Big (3db for double the watt's require).

Just my 2 cents

I love my Aperion (Grand series)

That said, I also been looking into the offering of PSA, since I am Home Theater only.
There following is also great. But were not available, when I purchase my Aperion, if they were, they would have been a serious contender.

Many on the PSA thread, say they no longer use power amp/s, me I like separate and will stick to-it
Just something to consider.
If the CDN $ was doing better, I would have love to try them.

With all that said, The Verus Grand do play very loud without any sign of stress
Yes the PSA got me curious, but every time I play a movie, I still get a Big smile for the small details they play.

It is a difficult decision, either way, I do not think you will be disappointed.
But from what I read, do very well for music and movie.

So your biggest decision at this point, in my opinion is;
-Finish or
-A lot more efficient (and more likely, more dynamic).

Ray
Really appreciate everybody's feedback.

Feel like in learning a lot with time spent on these threads.

post #7394 of 7407 Old 12-21-2016, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Really appreciate everybody's feedback.

Feel like in learning a lot with time spent on these threads.

We are here to help, when we can

I disclose, that I was an Aperion owner, but when giving advise, I try to be un-bias.

It is a big purchase you are looking to get.
My best advise, is take your time and do lots of reading!!!

Look at threads, reviews both personal and pro if available, and Also learn to read between the line (BS or bias).
Take your time, It took me a few months to make a decision when I purchase my Aperion, and did not regret-it.

Good Luck, in your search
And let us know of your decision in the future.

Ray
ManBarra likes this.
post #7395 of 7407 Old 01-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Thanks Ray
This is mine. I haven't seen anything on these speakers so I figured I'd write something.

Question for you since you had both, I know you liked the Verus II's better than the I's. I'm tempted to try out the Verus center to see if I like it better than my current center. I'm sensitive to excessive treble especially in the sibilant region so I'm leaning toward picking up the Verus I instead due to the heightened treble region of the II's. It annoys me that it's only $50 cheaper than the newest version though with the "improvements". Do you think I should just go for the II, or would I be better off with the I?

My setup: Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 and center, Ascend HTM200SE surround, dual Rythmik L12's, Pioneer SC-95, Samsung PN60F8500
post #7396 of 7407 Old 01-17-2017, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 52
*** The Official APERION Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmlamb View Post
Question for you since you had both, I know you liked the Verus II's better than the I's. I'm tempted to try out the Verus center to see if I like it better than my current center. I'm sensitive to excessive treble especially in the sibilant region so I'm leaning toward picking up the Verus I instead due to the heightened treble region of the II's. It annoys me that it's only $50 cheaper than the newest version though with the "improvements". Do you think I should just go for the II, or would I be better off with the I?

I'd get the newer one. The old one came close to me sending it back because it lacked the brightness I wanted. The series II sounds much clearer. Honestly, I wouldn't mind more brightness... So to answer your question I'd recommend the newer one, especially if only a $50 difference.

From what I'm reading Ascend is another good option at a similar price point.

brianmlamb likes this.
post #7397 of 7407 Old 01-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
I'd get the newer one. The old one came close to me sending it back because it lacked the brightness I wanted. The series II sounds much clearer. Honestly, I wouldn't mind more brightness... So to answer your question I'd recommend the newer one, especially if only a $50 difference.

From what I'm reading Ascend is another good option at a similar price point.

Thanks for the quick reply, guess I really have nothing to lose with the risk free trial. I'd order both but don't want to be a jerk if I return both of them for not being better than my current setup. I like the Aperion Verus because it'll look better with my Sonus Faber Venere towers, the style is pretty close with the gloss black and curved cabinet and since it's in the living room my wife is big on matching. I had just heard from another Venere owner that the Aperion center went well with my speakers, the one from Sonus Faber is only a MTM design so I was curious to try out another configuration and see if it was an improvement. I have some Ascend surrounds and love them, great company as well.

My setup: Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 and center, Ascend HTM200SE surround, dual Rythmik L12's, Pioneer SC-95, Samsung PN60F8500
post #7398 of 7407 Old 01-18-2017, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have Versus II Center? How does it compare to like B&W 600 Series HTM61 S2, Martin Logan Emotion, Klipch RC, Def Tech? These are center channels i have demoed at BB. To me B&W sounded the best, balanced high, mid, and low, no muffle, very clear dialogue.

Demoed: (favorite in orders)
1. B&W HTM61 S2
2. Def Tech
3. Klipsch rp-440c
4. ML motion 8

ML motion 8 isn't fair for comparison. I ask to demo an electro-motion but they didn't have on hand.

I like to compare the B&W to the following if anyone have experience:

Aperion Versus II
ML elecro-motion
Ascend Sierra
Anything else similar in price, preferred 3-way
post #7399 of 7407 Old 02-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Hey guy's, why so little chat about Aperion Audio speakers these days? I purchased a 7.1 Intimus 5T Hybrid system w/Cherry finish a number of years ago that I'm still pretty happy with. The Bravus 12 subwoofer crapped out a few years ago while under warranty & Aperion could not replace it so they gave me a full refund instead. I replaced it with an SVS SB13-Ultra subwoofer that I've also been happy with.

Since Aperion came out w/their 3-way Verus Tower's I've wanted to buy a pair and currently Aperion is offering the Verus Grand Tower Speakers w/Gloss Cherry for $989 ea.

Given a speaker purchase is a very seldom event for me should I buy the Verus Towers for $1,978 a pair or the Verus II Grand Towers for $2,318? I enjoy listening to stereo music and believe a pair of 3 way speakers will improve my HT sound set-up, but I don't profess to be an audiophile or any kind of expert regarding in home sound systems. The price difference isn't a deal breaker or anything, but are the Verus II's worth the $340 up charge for an average HT / music fan?
gpzbc likes this.
post #7400 of 7407 Old 02-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm not sure why it has become quiet either. It certainly wasn't quiet when I bought my Intimus system some years back.

Now, the room that system has occupied is about to be upgraded, and I'm considering Atmos systems and was interested in seeing what Aperion users have to say. (It's unfortunate that they don't have any upfiring speakers for that, but maybe they will some day soon.)
post #7401 of 7407 Old 02-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuhulin View Post
I'm not sure why it has become quiet either. It certainly wasn't quiet when I bought my Intimus system some years back.

Now, the room that system has occupied is about to be upgraded, and I'm considering Atmos systems and was interested in seeing what Aperion users have to say. (It's unfortunate that they don't have any upfiring speakers for that, but maybe they will some day soon.)
My recollection is the same. I don't remember for sure, but want to say I purchased my Intimus speakers around summer of 2009. During that time the Aperion thread was very active w/a lot of interest, which is one aspect that convinced me to purchase their products.

I'm not ready to embark on the UHD upgrade path quite yet, other than cost the whole moving specifications target and lack of native UHD content keeps me sidelined for the time being.

However, one upgrade I can enjoy now is a couple of floor standing 3-way tower speakers and since I have the cherry finish Intimus package I thought the Verus in gloss cherry would compliment my exiting set-up.

I'm tempted to buy the 1st gen. Verus Grand Towers to save a few $, unless the Grand II owners think otherwise.
post #7402 of 7407 Old 02-12-2017, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 52
*** The Official APERION Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb View Post
My recollection is the same. I don't remember for sure, but want to say I purchased my Intimus speakers around summer of 2009. During that time the Aperion thread was very active w/a lot of interest, which is one aspect that convinced me to purchase their products.

I'm not ready to embark on the UHD upgrade path quite yet, other than cost the whole moving specifications target and lack of native UHD content keeps me sidelined for the time being.

However, one upgrade I can enjoy now is a couple of floor standing 3-way tower speakers and since I have the cherry finish Intimus package I thought the Verus in gloss cherry would compliment my exiting set-up.

I'm tempted to buy the 1st gen. Verus Grand Towers to save a few $, unless the Grand II owners think otherwise.

I'm not an audiophile either but I've had both the verus 1 and 2 speakers and there is a clear difference in the way they sound. I think the 2's have clearer voice reproduction for movies. I had the 1 series for a few weeks when the 2 series came out. I ordered the 2 series and ran them side by side and decided to keep the verus 2 speakers.

I'd spend the extra $340 if you can afford it.

This is a review I did of them, but for your purposes you can see the verus 1 and 2 next to each other without their screens, plus some other detailed shots.

http://www.ravepubs.com/listen-aperi...rand-speakers/

gpzbc likes this.

Last edited by Newbie789; 02-12-2017 at 10:48 PM.
post #7403 of 7407 Old 02-18-2017, 02:02 PM

Aperion has an AVS coupon for 10% off. Coupon is AVSFORUM.
gpzbc likes this.

post #7404 of 7407 Old 02-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm not an audiophile
After watching your review I beg to differ and thank you for your response. I pride myself for "not" being penny wise, pound foolish and your input is an excellent argument for going with the Verus II Grand Towers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBarra
Aperion has an AVS coupon for 10% off. Coupon is AVSFORUM.
Hey thanks for that. This "may" seal the deal.

I still don't understand the lack of discussion about Aperion speakers, is it a price issue?
Newbie789 likes this.
post #7405 of 7407 Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
After watching your review I beg to differ and thank you for your response. I pride myself for "not" being penny wise, pound foolish and your input is an excellent argument for going with the Verus II Grand Towers.
Hey thanks for that. This "may" seal the deal.

I still don't understand the lack of discussion about Aperion speakers, is it a price issue?
I have found that on most AVS forum threads, the majority of the posts are about problems with the product. A lack of activity could indicate that few problems exist with these speakers.
BacHolz likes this.

Lee Mathre
Las Vegas, NV
post #7406 of 7407 Old Today, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemathre View Post
I have found that on most AVS forum threads, the majority of the posts are about problems with the product. A lack of activity could indicate that few problems exist with these speakers.
As an owner of (3) PDPs I agree with your assessment, however that has not been my experience regarding the "Official" brand-name speaker threads.

Typically, those threads regard questions from potential buyers (like myself) looking for recommendations/info, etc., about a particular speaker/speaker system (or) info relayed among owners about how to best utilize their equipment.

Most of the higher-end speakers, Aperion & SVS in my case, operate trouble-free, which is why there is little or no discussion about those type of issues.

If you peruse the Plasma Display Forum, it's quite the opposite.
post #7407 of 7407 Old Today, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
As an owner of (3) PDPs I agree with your assessment, however that has not been my experience regarding the "Official" brand-name speaker threads.

Typically, those threads regard questions from potential buyers (like myself) looking for recommendations/info, etc., about a particular speaker/speaker system (or) info relayed among owners about how to best utilize their equipment.

Most of the higher-end speakers, Aperion & SVS in my case, operate trouble-free, which is why there is little or no discussion about those type of issues.

If you peruse the Plasma Display Forum, it's quite the opposite.
I agree with the "trouble-free." I've owned several Aperion products in the past spanning from 10 years ago to current and have never had any bad experiences with them. I, like many others, went to Best Buy Magnolia rooms to hear several of the competitors like Def Tech, Martin Logan, B&W but after hearing Aperion, the choice was clear. I loved the warm sound these speakers produce once broken in and am currently in the process of designing my dedicated home theater 7.2.4 around Aperion with the exception of the subwoofers. My subs are Rythmik Audio FV15HP's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread