*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 250 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 341Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7471 of 7489 Old 03-20-2017, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb View Post
From reading your posts, if English is your 2nd language, you're grasp of it is quite an accomplishment.

Got my CC unboxed & set-up & placed the original good Tower in the old Towers' position, now just waiting for the replacement Tower to arrive this afternoon.

Thanks for the compliment


Even after 30 years of learning and speaking-it, I still have a strong accent, and now also one in French for LOL.
No one corrected me in my early age of the TH


Anyhow, it is around 8:30 pm back here in the west, and should be about 10:30 pm, for your time.
Did you got your delivery?

Or too busy to play with your new toy, and enjoying-it
Also, glad to see, that you placed the original good Tower in the old Towers' position.
This way, any doubt can be remove


Ray
darthray is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7472 of 7489 Old 03-20-2017, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi1982 View Post
Just placed my order for 3 in-walls and 2 in-ceilings for my home theater that will be built in the coming months That finishes off what I need for 7.2.4 (sort of 9.2.4 b/c an extra pair of side surrounds for 2nd row). Looking forward to it!

Welcome to the family


I am not a big fan of in wall/ceiling speaker, but your impressions are very important.
Just a preference thing for me.
Keep us posted.
Your impressions can be very valuable to other members that want to do the same


Ray
darthray is offline  
post #7473 of 7489 Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
jedi1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Welcome to the family


I am not a big fan of in wall/ceiling speaker, but your impressions are very important.
Just a preference thing for me.
Keep us posted.
Your impressions can be very valuable to other members that want to do the same


Ray
Hey Ray, did you mean not a fan of in-wall and in-ceiling altogether or not a fan of Aperions? Thx
jedi1982 is offline  
 
post #7474 of 7489 Old 03-21-2017, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
9179mhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Even after 30 years of learning and speaking-it, I still have a strong accent, and now also one in French
I'll bet the ladies just love it... you devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray
glad to see, that you placed the original good Tower in the old Towers' position.
This way, any doubt can be remove
Right now I'm giving the new speaker & re-positioned original speaker a cautious sound of approval. I've been testing them playing extreme low & bass-boosted sound clips from YouTube and do not hear the rattle/crunching sound the returned speaker was making.

Interesting during 5.1 HT audio playback while watching Cable TV programs the spoken dialogue w/the Verus II's sounds noticeably different than for the Intimus Tower/CC speaker combo. While character actor's voices sound a bit more like they are in-the-room with you kind of reality, it is an adjustment compared to what I've been listening to coming from the Intimus brand during the past 8 years.

It may be a placebo affect on my part, but the Verus II CC seems to do a better job of making it's presence known (heard) when paired with the Verus II Towers vs. the Intimus 6C so I'm glad I upgraded the center channel speaker too.
9179mhb is offline  
post #7475 of 7489 Old 03-21-2017, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi1982 View Post
Hey Ray, did you mean not a fan of in-wall and in-ceiling altogether or not a fan of Aperions? Thx

Love my Aperions


Just not a fan in general of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.


That why I said to post your impression, when you get yours, very valuable for others that want to go with in-wall and in-ceiling speakers concept.


Ray
darthray is offline  
post #7476 of 7489 Old 03-21-2017, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb View Post
I'll bet the ladies just love it... you devil.



Right now I'm giving the new speaker & re-positioned original speaker a cautious sound of approval. I've been testing them playing extreme low & bass-boosted sound clips from YouTube and do not hear the rattle/crunching sound the returned speaker was making.

Interesting during 5.1 HT audio playback while watching Cable TV programs the spoken dialogue w/the Verus II's sounds noticeably different than for the Intimus Tower/CC speaker combo. While character actor's voices sound a bit more like they are in-the-room with you kind of reality, it is an adjustment compared to what I've been listening to coming from the Intimus brand during the past 8 years.

It may be a placebo affect on my part, but the Verus II CC seems to do a better job of making it's presence known (heard) when paired with the Verus II Towers vs. the Intimus 6C so I'm glad I upgraded the center channel speaker too.

I also think the upgrade to have a Verus II center, was a good move on your part


Once everything is set-up, sit down with your favorite beverage of your choice.
and listen to some of your favorite music's or movie.


I will bet, that you are going to a big smile


Ray

Last edited by darthray; 03-22-2017 at 06:31 AM.
darthray is offline  
post #7477 of 7489 Old 03-22-2017, 07:36 AM
Senior Member
 
jedi1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Love my Aperions


Just not a fan in general of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.


That why I said to post your impression, when you get yours, very valuable for others that want to go with in-wall and in-ceiling speakers concept.


Ray
Ah very good I'm hoping that everything comes together nicely since I'm also having Shawn Byrne design my theater room! The theater will be another 6 months or so before complete as am building a new house. Just buying the speakers now as can't pass up the great discount!
jedi1982 is offline  
post #7478 of 7489 Old 03-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Senior Member
 
abd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb View Post

Interesting during 5.1 HT audio playback while watching Cable TV programs the spoken dialogue w/the Verus II's sounds noticeably different than for the Intimus Tower/CC speaker combo. While character actor's voices sound a bit more like they are in-the-room with you kind of reality, it is an adjustment compared to what I've been listening to coming from the Intimus brand during the past 8 years.

It may be a placebo affect on my part, but the Verus II CC seems to do a better job of making it's presence known (heard) when paired with the Verus II Towers vs. the Intimus 6C so I'm glad I upgraded the center channel speaker too.
I've heard others make the same comments about the Verus Grands in that they really project the soundstage into the room. I have Intimus 6T's/6C and while they're very good speakers (especially since I got my set with 6B's for $500 ) I would say they're too polite sometimes. I wish they were just slightly more dynamic and forward. I'm not complaining much though because they're very good and I doubt I'll ever do better for what I paid. Glad to hear you're enjoying the VG's.
abd1 is offline  
post #7479 of 7489 Old 03-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
9179mhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post
I've heard others make the same comments about the Verus Grands in that they really project the soundstage into the room. I have Intimus 6T's/6C and while they're very good speakers (especially since I got my set with 6B's for $500 ) I would say they're too polite sometimes. I wish they were just slightly more dynamic and forward. I'm not complaining much though because they're very good and I doubt I'll ever do better for what I paid. Glad to hear you're enjoying the VG's.
I upgraded from the Intimus 6 series towers/cc also. I was very happy with the Intimus brand, but found the Towers lacking for 2.0 stereo music.

My Intimus 6Ts/6C are tucked away in an upstairs bedroom closet, which makes me feel kind of sad (dare I say: almost criminal).
9179mhb is offline  
post #7480 of 7489 Old 03-22-2017, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post
I've heard others make the same comments about the Verus Grands in that they really project the soundstage into the room. I have Intimus 6T's/6C and while they're very good speakers (especially since I got my set with 6B's for $500 ) I would say they're too polite sometimes. I wish they were just slightly more dynamic and forward. I'm not complaining much though because they're very good and I doubt I'll ever do better for what I paid. Glad to hear you're enjoying the VG's.

Every thing I read about the Intimus, show that they are no slouch
The Verus are just a step-up, so enjoy until the upgrade bug it you


Ray
darthray is offline  
post #7481 of 7489 Old 03-22-2017, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb View Post
I upgraded from the Intimus 6 series towers/cc also. I was very happy with the Intimus brand, but found the Towers lacking for 2.0 stereo music.

My Intimus 6Ts/6C are tucked away in an upstairs bedroom closet, which makes me feel kind of sad (dare I say: almost criminal).

I know the feeling when I was selling, my beloved DIY.
But sometime, it is time to say good bye to an old friend, friends in this case


Ray
darthray is offline  
post #7482 of 7489 Old 04-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Senior Member
 
jedi1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Has anyone here built backer boxes for the Aperion in-walls? I know they are open baffle by design, but for sound isolation purposes have been instructed to build the backer boxes for my home theater. Didn't know if anyone had done so and might have the correct specs for the box build. Thx!
jedi1982 is offline  
post #7483 of 7489 Old 04-03-2017, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sdiver2489's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,077
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 114
I just found out about Aperion audio. I am looking to outfit speakers in my basement and they look right around my right price point. I was wondering if someone could provide guidance in terms of how Aperion speakers stack up sound wise against the likes of Monitor Audio and SVS.

I don't necessarily need all the speakers from one company but would like the front three to be. Right now I plan on bringing my PB12-Plus and mayber getting another at some point. Any advice from the members here on what I should look at? I don't mind auditioning of course but I'm trying to narrow down the options a bit.
Sdiver2489 is offline  
post #7484 of 7489 Old 04-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Senior Member
 
jedi1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver2489 View Post
I just found out about Aperion audio. I am looking to outfit speakers in my basement and they look right around my right price point. I was wondering if someone could provide guidance in terms of how Aperion speakers stack up sound wise against the likes of Monitor Audio and SVS.

I don't necessarily need all the speakers from one company but would like the front three to be. Right now I plan on bringing my PB12-Plus and mayber getting another at some point. Any advice from the members here on what I should look at? I don't mind auditioning of course but I'm trying to narrow down the options a bit.
I had the Intimus system for a few years then upgraded to the Verus line when they came out. No regrets whatsoever and that was after comparing to the likes of Martin Logan, B&W, etc. The only thing that I did go with that wasn't Aperion is dual Rythmik FV15HP subs.

I'm getting ready to build an entire dedicated home theater using Aperion and am looking forward to it!

Last edited by jedi1982; 04-03-2017 at 08:46 AM.
jedi1982 is offline  
post #7485 of 7489 Old 04-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Newbie
 
HesterDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Picked up an Intimus 4C to go along with my BX5s and Klipsch S1s. Wanted something aesthetically similar to the BX5s, and Aperion seems to have a good reputation. The only thing I have to compare it to is a Klipsch ProMedia center speaker, which isn't fair at all. Obviously the 4C is a better match sound-wise lol. Still burning it in now but so far I'm happy!



gpzbc likes this.

Last edited by HesterDW; 04-25-2017 at 02:11 PM.
HesterDW is offline  
post #7486 of 7489 Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM
Member
 
leemathre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have the following Aperion speaker system


2 Verus Grand Towers, 1 Verus Grand Center Channel, 2 Verus Grand Bookshelfs and 2 Bravus II 12D Digital Subwoofers, 12" 650W.

Can anyone suggest Aperion speakers to use for Atmos with my current setup? Thanks

Lee Mathre
Las Vegas, NV
leemathre is offline  
post #7487 of 7489 Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemathre View Post
I have the following Aperion speaker system


2 Verus Grand Towers, 1 Verus Grand Center Channel, 2 Verus Grand Bookshelfs and 2 Bravus II 12D Digital Subwoofers, 12" 650W.

Can anyone suggest Aperion speakers to use for Atmos with my current setup? Thanks

Pretty well in the same boat
Same towers, center and 4 surrounds, just different subs.


They do offer some in ceiling speakers if you want to go that way.
https://www.aperionaudio.com/speakers/architectural
Personally, I choose to stick with identical speakers as my surrounds for ceiling duty, even if over kill


If in the future, Aperion decide to make a matching speaker similar to those for the Grand version, something like these.
https://www.powersoundaudio.com/coll...ducts/mt-110sr
I would get them, no speaker mount to play around with


Ray
leemathre and Newbie789 like this.

Last edited by darthray; Yesterday at 06:58 PM.
darthray is offline  
post #7488 of 7489 Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
Newbie
 
ttrip86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Intimus 6c

Any idea what I could price my Intimus 6c? I got it in 2008. It's just too big for the room I've got it in now. Thanks!
ttrip86 is offline  
post #7489 of 7489 Old Today, 06:52 AM
Member
 
pvherm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrip86 View Post
Any idea what I could price my Intimus 6c? I got it in 2008. It's just too big for the room I've got it in now. Thanks!
Let me know when you have a price.
pvherm is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off