*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 251 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 343Likes

post #7501 of 7506 Old 06-21-2017, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Kiefer View Post
Proud new owner of 2 4T towers, 4B bookshelves, a 4C center, along with a Bravus II 8D. I literally just hooked it all up today and was amazed at the quality and clarity of the sound in my little theater. Here is something however, I noticed a LOT of people on here seem to have bought the 4 series only to turn around and go with the 5 series. My basement theater is approximately 450 sq feet in an L shape and has 7' 8" ceilings. Are the 4 series speakers good or should I opt for the bigger 5 series? My Onkyo 757 does not have preouts (aside from LFE), so would it be big enough to power the 5T towers? Sorry for the questions here just am wondering if I should have gone bigger up front and want to settle it before the 60 day trial is over (though I think the trade up program is 12 months right? Does that include shipping as well?)
I think the big difference with the 5T vs 4T is more midbass and a little deeper bass overall. Maybe a bit of a richer sound, but that would be most noticeable when using without a sub. Usually larger drivers are more efficient so the 5T may actually be easier to drive on your amp than the 4T. However, if it were me I'd keep the 4T and upgrade the sub to the biggest you can get. I think that would make a bigger difference than going from the 4T to 5T.

2 Channel "Man Nook"
Primaluna Dialogue One/Totem Acoustic Hawks
Home Theater Room/Kids Lounge
Emotiva XMC-1, XPA-2, XPA-100, BasX A-500
Aperion Verus Grand Towers & Center/Paradigm Cinema Surrounds
Rythmik LVX12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7502 of 7506 Old 06-21-2017, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Actually today I was in best and saw a Klipsch 12" 600 watt sub that was open box. Normally $450 but it was marked down to $300 because of some scratches on the cabinet (but in otherwise perfect working order). I had a $100 gift card from work (won a little bet with my boss haha) plus I noticed my new Onkyo was $100 less than what I paid for it a month ago and they honored the difference so i basically paid $100 for the thing. Got it home and hooked it up. Coupled with my bravus sub it made a big difference and now my little theater sounds killer.
post #7503 of 7506 Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Kiefer View Post
Actually today I was in best and saw a Klipsch 12" 600 watt sub that was open box. Normally $450 but it was marked down to $300 because of some scratches on the cabinet (but in otherwise perfect working order). I had a $100 gift card from work (won a little bet with my boss haha) plus I noticed my new Onkyo was $100 less than what I paid for it a month ago and they honored the difference so i basically paid $100 for the thing. Got it home and hooked it up. Coupled with my bravus sub it made a big difference and now my little theater sounds killer.
The home theater gods were smiling on you. Love when that happens!

2 Channel "Man Nook"
Primaluna Dialogue One/Totem Acoustic Hawks
Home Theater Room/Kids Lounge
Emotiva XMC-1, XPA-2, XPA-100, BasX A-500
Aperion Verus Grand Towers & Center/Paradigm Cinema Surrounds
Rythmik LVX12

post #7504 of 7506 Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Amen to that. This is my first theater and have only been at it a few months. With 2 little kids my time is limited and so is my budget unfortunately, so anytime I get a good deal like that I tend to jump on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_215001_1498160198117.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2199497  
abd1 likes this.
post #7505 of 7506 Old Today, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 105
OK so I know I am dating myself... but I just finished listening to The Chicago Transit Authority album (w/Spotify, aging PS3 & SC-07) in stereo with my Verus II Grand Tower speakers.

A very enjoyable listening experience.
post #7506 of 7506 Old Today, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 54
*** The Official APERION Thread ***

Guys...
I'm thinking about upgrading from my verus 2 set
What do you think a cherry colored 18 month old towers, center, and bookshelves set would go for in excellent condition?

New, it's about $3800 and it's on backorder.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100
Gear in this thread