*** The Official APERION Thread *** - Page 253 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 385Likes

post #7561 of 7576 Old 08-06-2017, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 1063
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBarra View Post
That's gonna be awesome!

Still waiting to send the AV7702mkII for repair.
Some issue of going back and forward with Marantz Customer service, since the copy of my Invoice does not show the purchase date.

I have send them today a copy of my packing slip with the date, hopefully it will be good enough, since it was a brand new unit right out of the box.
If not I will pay for the shipping, if I cannot get a new Invoice with the purchase date.
Should find out in a day or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBarra View Post
Has anybody had much listening experience with 2-ch amps? I'm surfing around and have heard only a couple. Opinions? Any price point works, however I'm skeptical that a $5000 amp is going to sound THAT much better than a $1500....

You are right to be skeptical.
At $1500 point, it should be a good amp and a good amp is just that, well built with plenty of back off power and also honest numbers for what it does.

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7562 of 7576 Old 08-08-2017, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie789 View Post
Have yall ever heard an Anthem AVM60? I'm wondering how this will do vs a marantz 77 pre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never heard that particular model, but Anthem make quality gear, I bet it would be an excellent pairing with the Marantz pre.
post #7563 of 7576 Old 08-08-2017, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
I've never heard that particular model, but Anthem make quality gear, I bet it would be an excellent pairing with the Marantz pre.

Thanks hicks. I meant what do you think of the anthem in lieu of the marantz.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Praveen

post #7564 of 7576 Old 08-09-2017, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks hicks. I meant what do you think of the anthem in lieu of the marantz.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Praveen

Oh sorry, I misread your post. Hmmm, having trouble finding the Marantz 77 online, do you have a link?
post #7565 of 7576 Old 08-09-2017, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Oh sorry, I misread your post. Hmmm, having trouble finding the Marantz 77 online, do you have a link?

Sorry that was my abbreviation for the 7703 or similar models.

I'm wondering basically should I get the anthem avm60, marantz 7703, or marantz 8802? And why do you think?

I'm leaning to anthem so far because I keep reading the arc is better than audyssey xt32.

Thanks

post #7566 of 7576 Old 08-09-2017, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry that was my abbreviation for the 7703 or similar models.

I'm wondering basically should I get the anthem avm60, marantz 7703, or marantz 8802? And why do you think?

I'm leaning to anthem so far because I keep reading the arc is better than audyssey xt32.

Thanks

The 8802 would be the fair comparison to the AVM60 since the 8802 has a torodial transformer and the higher resolution DACs in comparison with the 7703.

There's actually a great thread here on AVS with posts from a few people that have heard both.

Anthem AVM 60 vs. Emotiva XMC-1 vs. Marantz 8802a

Here's a thread on another forum:

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2560

It sounds like you will be happy with either, however consensus is the sound quality is better with the Marantz but with the caveat that some people do prefer the ARC room correction to Audyssey XT32.
darthray and Newbie789 like this.
post #7567 of 7576 Old 08-10-2017, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

New blog post is up comparing Dolby Pro Logic IIx to DTS Neo: 6 cinema for Netflix:

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/ho...surround-sound
post #7568 of 7576 Old 08-10-2017, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 1063
Quote:
The 8802 would be the fair comparison to the AVM60 since the 8802 has a torodial transformer and the higher resolution DACs in comparison with the 7703.

There's actually a great thread here on AVS with posts from a few people that have heard both.

Anthem AVM 60 vs. Emotiva XMC-1 vs. Marantz 8802a

Here's a thread on another forum:

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2560

It sounds like you will be happy with either, however consensus is the sound quality is better with the Marantz but with the caveat that some people do prefer the ARC room correction to Audyssey XT32.

Since, I been shopping for a while to replace my AV8801, to something that would do Atmos and DTS:X.

The biggest difference between the AV7702/AV7702mkII, AV7703 and the AV8802.
Is the sound quality when seriously listening into music, and this like you point out "since the 8802 has a torodial transformer and the higher resolution DACs in comparison with the 7703", that would actually explain it with my small knowledge on how electronic guts work.

For the AV7702, Atmos only.
For the AV7702mkII, Atmos and DTS:X ready through an up-grade by internet.
For the AV7703, Atmos and DTS:X + something they call HEOS technology and some other stuff that I have no use for, plain old Movie Theater.

In my case, not a serious music listener, love good sound, but hardly have time to listen to music other than in my car.
With that in mind, I decided to look for a AV7702mkII, to save a few bucks, since I did not need those new option that the A7703/AV8802 offer.

Also did look into the Anthem AVM60.
But cannot remember, the why I choose to not go look more deeply into-it (old age memory suck , sometime).

Ray
Newbie789 likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 08-10-2017 at 08:16 PM.
post #7569 of 7576 Old 08-14-2017, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

New blog is up with a look at the differences between tower and bookshelf speakers:

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/to...shelf-speakers
gpzbc likes this.
post #7570 of 7576 Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I currently have a pair of Verus I Grand Bookshelf speakers and a Verus I Center Channel in my living room. I am considering putting a media room/theater in my basement in a couple months and upgrading by adding two Verus II Grand Towers to the setup.

I've read somewhat-conflicting statements on the importance of matching speakers for tone, etc.

How close are the Verus I and Verus II Grand speakers in terms of tonal/sonic matching? Close enough to not be worth worrying about?
Hicks likes this.
post #7571 of 7576 Old 08-18-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The blog train keeps rolling, check out the latest post on the vinyl resurgence:

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/th...vinyl-comeback
post #7572 of 7576 Old 08-18-2017, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarriorMVP View Post
I currently have a pair of Verus I Grand Bookshelf speakers and a Verus I Center Channel in my living room. I am considering putting a media room/theater in my basement in a couple months and upgrading by adding two Verus II Grand Towers to the setup.

I've read somewhat-conflicting statements on the importance of matching speakers for tone, etc.

How close are the Verus I and Verus II Grand speakers in terms of tonal/sonic matching? Close enough to not be worth worrying about?
Hi there, they use different tweeters which sounds slightly different, but in my opinion I don't think you will notice this difference in terms of the speakers integrating together in a 5.1 set up.

Since the original Verus Towers are no longer available, I don't think it would be worth the effort to track them down on the secondary market to address such a slight variation. Plus we think the new Verus IIs are superior for music.

I hope that helps!
post #7573 of 7576 Old 08-24-2017, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Allaire Bluetooth speakers are finally back in stock, come and get them!

https://www.aperionaudio.com/speaker...aire-bluetooth
post #7574 of 7576 Old 08-30-2017, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Hi there, they use different tweeters which sounds slightly different, but in my opinion I don't think you will notice this difference in terms of the speakers integrating together in a 5.1 set up.

Since the original Verus Towers are no longer available, I don't think it would be worth the effort to track them down on the secondary market to address such a slight variation. Plus we think the new Verus IIs are superior for music.

I hope that helps!
Thanks. My plan wasn't to track down the old ones on the secondary market, but rather to consider whether I should either get all Verus II's. It doesn't sound like it would be worth it, though.

After I'm done figuring out how to orient and plan my room I'll contact you about the Verus II towers...
Hicks likes this.
post #7575 of 7576 Old 08-31-2017, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarriorMVP View Post
Thanks. My plan wasn't to track down the old ones on the secondary market, but rather to consider whether I should either get all Verus II's. It doesn't sound like it would be worth it, though.

After I'm done figuring out how to orient and plan my room I'll contact you about the Verus II towers...
Got it, yes I think integrating the Verus II towers into your existing setup is a great plan and will be an awesome upgrade for you!
post #7576 of 7576 Old 09-11-2017, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

New Verus Grand II review dropped at Digital Trends recently, check it out!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/speake...rus-ii-review/
Hetfieldjames likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Aperion Audio , Aperion Audio Center Channel Speaker , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Tower Hd Black , Aperion Verus Grand Tower Speaker Gloss Piano Black , Aperion Audio Verus Forte Satellite Sd Black , Aperion Intimus 5b Fusion Sd , Marantz , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Mcintosh Labs Mc 2100

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page