Thiel Audio Owner's Thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 998 Old 08-23-2014, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What are your guys thoughts on the Thiel SCS4T? My local hi-fi shop has a brand new pair for $1,000, thinking about pulling the trigger. Would pair with a NAD 356BEE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 998 Old 08-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by traehekat View Post
What are your guys thoughts on the Thiel SCS4T? My local hi-fi shop has a brand new pair for $1,000, thinking about pulling the trigger. Would pair with a NAD 356BEE.
I use SCS4T's as the front left & right channels of my 7.2 system. I find their sound a little thin and would not use them full-range (i.e., without a subwoofer).
post #993 of 998 Old 08-25-2014, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Comments from the new CEO, interesting times lie ahead. Expect new product at CES, and I did not know they have stopped making speakers and are working their way through a bloated inventory. Explains some of the strange selections on Crutchfield. Apparently the SC4T is no more.

http://www.strata-gee.com/2014/07/31...mpelling-join/
post #994 of 998 Old 09-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Great interview. Thanks! for sharing wgerman. Thiel can easily survive off of their current CS 2.7 and CS 3.7 loudspeakers. These models are outstanding and will suit even the most critical critic.
post #995 of 998 Old 09-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 44
As above, traehekat-
the model SCS4T is best mated w/ the ThielSmart SUB 2.2- Welcome!
post #996 of 998 Old 09-30-2014, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks like the new management is going after the 1%ers by placing ads in Worth magazine and will be at the Worth Wealth Summit at Greenwich this weekend giving away Thiel logo golf stuff and Olive and Sinclair Chocolate. Not a good ROI thing to do, IMHO. Wow, talk about company that is so out of touch with its own customers. Any Thiel owners read Worth magazine or even on their mailing list? Probably not. The CEO might be a 1%ers, but I doubt that majority of their customes are. Like I said before, bankruptcy or change ownership in 5yrs.

Last edited by richardyc; 09-30-2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: no T-shirts, just golf stuff and chocolate.
post #997 of 998 Old 09-30-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardyc View Post
Looks like the new management is going after the 1%ers by placing ads in Worth magazine and will be at the Worth Wealth Summit at Greenwich this weekend giving away Thiel T-shirts and golf stuff. Not a good ROI thing to do, IMHO. Wow, talk about company that is so out of touch with its own customers. Any Thiel owners read Worth magazine or even on their mailing list? Probably not. The CEO might be a 1%ers, but I doubt that majority of their customes are. Like I said before, bankruptcy or change ownership in 5yrs.
Also notice a New Logo. Another new CEO John Whittman. Check out the new ad on page 80 in this months Absolute Sound. 2015 will be the big kickoff to the new line. From what I heard the new line will be designed in America and built overseas. The new line up will have the same price range but w/the cheaper production costs which will generate a larger profit.
post #998 of 998 Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Also notice a New Logo. Another new CEO John Whittman. Check out the new ad on page 80 in this months Absolute Sound. 2015 will be the big kickoff to the new line. From what I heard the new line will be designed in America and built overseas. The new line up will have the same price range but w/the cheaper production costs which will generate a larger profit.
It will be a sad thing if they do go that way. One of the greatest assets of Thiel has always been their capabilities in the areas of fabrication and manufacturing built up over years of investment in their people. I would have a hard time getting excited about buying a pair of Thiel speakers made in China. I prefer to give my money to companies who employ and invest in American workers. If we don't take care of our own, no one else will.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page