Thiel Audio Owner's Thread - Page 36 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #1051 of 1064 Old 12-10-2014, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by claero View Post
interesting .......not sure the sound of new thiel will become , it seems totally different driver nomatter tweeter or woofer and also the material not the same , hope the signature of jim thiel will stay and become even better !!!
I just hope they are familiar with the Thiele-Small efforts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1064 Old 01-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Happy New Year!
post #1053 of 1064 Old 01-06-2015, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Happy New Year JA Fant and everyone else! Anyone at the CES2015? Any initial reviews/impressions from anyone of the new line of Thiel speakers yet?
post #1054 of 1064 Old 01-06-2015, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Thiel's FB page just updated with a new subwoofer.

And I use the word New liberally. It's pretty much what you'd expect of a subwoofer from PSB. With nice wood finishes that Thiel is known for.

Geez. How disconnected are the bosses??

The SmartSubs that Jim designed had addressed all the problems with old subwoofer integration - fiddling around with crossover slopes, with using a subwoofer's crossover to filter stuff to the main speakers, adjusting the phase and levels. They were ALL fixed by the SmartSubs. IMHO that's why guys paid 5 grand for a SmartSub. Not the fancy timber finishes.

FFS man, this sub goes backwards in time.
post #1055 of 1064 Old 01-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 42
The new Thiel is Thiel as much as the new Marantz is Marantz.
post #1056 of 1064 Old 01-15-2015, 08:01 AM

I still can't find any review of the new line of speakers debuted at CES, my Google-fu is usually pretty good, is this a case of 'if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all'? I did find one mention in a forum, the OP thought they sounded good, and he will go back to listen some more later, but that was it.
post #1057 of 1064 Old 01-15-2015, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
They are way behind schedule getting new product ready for sale. They updated their website in sync with the CES launch, but no links to dealers and no info about when product will actually be available for purchase. Makes me wonder if they are still trying to get the product right or if they have actually started producing inventory to ship. Did anyone get to listen at CES?
post #1058 of 1064 Old 01-15-2015, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not following Thiel for a while. But I plan to buy CS3.7 and found that crutchfield don't carry them anymore. They even don't have floor standing speakers from Thiel. Does CS3.7 is discontinued by Thiel? Who knows where I can buy them new anywhere? Thanks.
post #1059 of 1064 Old 01-15-2015, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, the 3.7's have been discontinued and are no longer visible on the Thiel website.
I would suggest contacting Thiel directly. They may still have or know of dead stock that's still available for purchase.

Many times I have seen a new-in-box or dealer demo pair pop up on Ebay, Audiogon, or usaudiomart.com. If you watch the online audio classifieds and auctions I am sure that several new-in-box examples will pop up in the coming months, just keep checking and be patient.
post #1060 of 1064 Old 01-16-2015, 08:11 AM

or you can call some Thiel dealers around you to see if they still have a demo or a new in box pr that they are eager to get rid of. The new Thiel website sucks, they don't have the dealer search function anymore, so it is harder find who is still a dealer now. I am sure a lot have dropped the brand since the change of ownership. FWIW, Someone was selling a pr of CS3.7 on Audiogon for $7.5k, it was still there yesterday, but the ad is gone now. That's a good price.
Bradley Fried likes this.
post #1061 of 1064 Old 01-18-2015, 09:58 AM

My dealer quit, out of frustration
Bradley Fried likes this.
post #1062 of 1064 Old 01-18-2015, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 58
According to some early impressions on the new TT 1. A nice speaker that should compete within it's price range. Basically just part of the pack.
post #1063 of 1064 Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

So I have been using an active crossover to send the signal to a Thiel SS1 sub, and I am pretty happy with the result. However, I guess curiosity got the best of me, I bought a used now discontinued PX05 last week and it is at Thiel getting the crossover change ($60 plus shipping both ways) to work with my CS3.7. I will report back if this intended setup is any better than the active crossover solution.
Bradley Fried and Old Fud like this.
post #1064 of 1064 Old Today, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardyc View Post
So I have been using an active crossover to send the signal to a Thiel SS1 sub, and I am pretty happy with the result. However, I guess curiosity got the best of me, I bought a used now discontinued PX05 last week and it is at Thiel getting the crossover change ($60 plus shipping both ways) to work with my CS3.7. I will report back if this intended setup is any better than the active crossover solution.
Please do!

I acquired a PX05, wired for my 2.7s, before they were discontinued.

Feeding a SS2.2, the results have been very satisfactory. I haven't tried an active feed as yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page