Thiel Audio Owner's Thread - Page 38 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #1111 of 1114 Old 03-16-2015, 08:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawgijoe View Post
Rich......any update for us?
Still tossing and turning on it, but leaning toward picking up the cherrywood 3.7s and having them re-stained if I like them.

(I'm also in a tough work situation for a while, so don't have time to concentrate on searching, buying gear).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1114 Old 03-20-2015, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott911 View Post
<b>modding the cs2.4</b><br><br>
I saw a post ( that I can no longer find) where someone modified their normal cs2.4 speakers.<br><br>
They'd gotten details on what Jim Thiel had done to create the special edition cs2.4se - upgraded two capacitors per crossover if my memory serves. He posted that he'd sourced even better caps (same specs and manufacture - he just got their top-shelf caps) and was very happy with the results.<br><br>
He claimed a few bucks and some elbow grease resulted in better than "se" sound...<br><br>
I'm not ready to take a soldering iron to my own normal 2.4's (yet), but I'd like to see what this guy had done and exactly what parts he had decided to use... Anyone remember reading about this?
Out of dumb luck I just ran across this post that likely referenced my report of upgrading the caps on my 2.4 crossovers. Out of a sense of duty I joined this avsforum so the OP can contact me IF he still has 2.4s, still reads this forum, still wants to know how to go about it... I imagine this forum lets him contact me through the forum if he has >15 posts.
post #1113 of 1114 Old 03-20-2015, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleman62 View Post
Out of dumb luck I just ran across this post that likely referenced my report of upgrading the caps on my 2.4 crossovers. Out of a sense of duty I joined this avsforum so the OP can contact me IF he still has 2.4s, still reads this forum, still wants to know how to go about it... I imagine this forum lets him contact me through the forum if he has >15 posts.
Yes !!! That was me. Your sense of duty, sir, is very much appreciated!

I don't know that I'd have the guts to bring a soldering iron to my crossovers, but I'd love to know what you've done. I'll pm you now. ~ Scott
post #1114 of 1114 Old Today, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott911 View Post
Yes !!! That was me. Your sense of duty, sir, is very much appreciated!

I don't know that I'd have the guts to bring a soldering iron to my crossovers, but I'd love to know what you've done. I'll pm you now. ~ Scott
Problem is, I can't PM you as a newbie until I have 15 posts, something I found out after sending you a quick reply and having it vanish. This forum probably won't let me do this either, but Scott911 can contact me direct at scottdecker9999 at gmail...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page