Thiel Audio Owner's Thread - Page 42 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 53Likes

post #1231 of 1243 Old 09-09-2017, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2126 Post(s)
Liked: 1842
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoff01 View Post

Just came in today. I'll post more later, but they really are an amazing speaker. And they're stunning to look at..
Wow those look gorgeous, and a great match for the room from what I can see. I loooove a good speaker finish.

Though I already had the 3.7s (in Morado) I recently lucked into buying a pair of 2.7s in the beautiful ebony finish I always wanted. They sound fabulous too.
The 2.7s match my room better, but I'm still deciding on whether they can get me to part with the 3.7s. Though given the design the 2.7 is obviously very similar to the 3.7, they don't sound exactly alike and each speaker has it's sonic strengths.
dhoff01 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1243 Old 09-12-2017, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 1713
Strata-gee.com just had an in depth interview w/the 5th CEO in 4 years. The speaker line will be made to order. The emphasis will be on the Aurora wireless lifestyle speakers. The new site barely mentions the traditional new line of speakers and the Jim Thiel designs have faded away. Just a matter of time before they close down the KY facility. The new administration has zero interest or knowledge in developing quality speakers. Looks like a matter of time before it's over.
post #1233 of 1243 Old 09-13-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2126 Post(s)
Liked: 1842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Strata-gee.com just had an in depth interview w/the 5th CEO in 4 years. The speaker line will be made to order. The emphasis will be on the Aurora wireless lifestyle speakers. The new site barely mentions the traditional new line of speakers and the Jim Thiel designs have faded away. Just a matter of time before they close down the KY facility. The new administration has zero interest or knowledge in developing quality speakers. Looks like a matter of time before it's over.
Yep. The new CEO, who has no background in audio whatsoever, continually emphasized she had to remind everyone they are a speaker company, that is their roots and identity. And yet in the same interview we find they are not designing any speakers, not planning to, and not even building any of the speakers they sold only last year - they'll only build one if you ask for it. On the website all they offer is a me-too tiny wireless life-style speaker, hats, T-shirts etc. If you dig down enough into the menus you can find pictures of the "legacy" speakers you can supposedly order, yet without a single description of the speakers!

That's a really dedicated "speaker company" for you. Hollower words have never been spoken by a new CEO.

post #1234 of 1243 Old 09-13-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 1713
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
Yep. The new CEO, who has no background in audio whatsoever, continually emphasized she had to remind everyone they are a speaker company, that is their roots and identity. And yet in the same interview we find they are not designing any speakers, not planning to, and not even building any of the speakers they sold only last year - they'll only build one if you ask for it. On the website all they offer is a me-too tiny wireless life-style speaker, hats, T-shirts etc. If you dig down enough into the menus you can find pictures of the "legacy" speakers you can supposedly order, yet without a single description of the speakers!

That's a really dedicated "speaker company" for you. Hollower words have never been spoken by a new CEO.
I would say Thiel is officially gone. It would be in their best interest to drop the Thiel name and become Aurora. They can concentrate on the lifestyle wireless Wi-Fi speakers. However maybe they'll make a wireless 2" version of your 3.7 and claim it sounds like the original.
post #1235 of 1243 Old 09-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 63
The sooner they go, the better. Jim Thiel was a great guy. Too bad his name has to be associated with this garbage.
R Harkness, JA Fant and Class A like this.
post #1236 of 1243 Old 09-19-2017, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thiel Sub

My Thiel SS2 just took a dump, of course Thiel doesn't repair the amps anymore and I was just out of warranty or I would have at least gotten 1K service credit.

Has anyone has success getting their Thiel sub repaired?

I was told Bash made the amp but then Thiel made some additions and without the schematic it would be tough to be repaired unless it was the power supply that failed.

I would be interested in purchasing someone's Thiel sub just for the amp plate as my Thiel SS2 is in Silver and matches my 2.4's.

Thanks for the assistance in advance.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just truely upset right now.

Cheers manutdsoc20-Jason
JA Fant likes this.
post #1237 of 1243 Old 09-19-2017, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Could you get the 2.2s instead? That would be later production.

I got my SS2 upgraded to 2.2s a while back
JA Fant likes this.
post #1238 of 1243 Old 09-19-2017, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Could you get the 2.2s instead? That would be later production.

I got my SS2 upgraded to 2.2s a while back.
JA Fant likes this.
post #1239 of 1243 Old 09-20-2017, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdsoc20 View Post
My Thiel SS2 just took a dump, of course Thiel doesn't repair the amps anymore and I was just out of warranty or I would have at least gotten 1K service credit.

I was told Bash made the amp but then Thiel made some additions and without the schematic it would be tough to be repaired unless it was the power supply that failed.

I would be interested in purchasing someone's Thiel sub just for the amp plate as my Thiel SS2 is in Silver and matches my 2.4's.

Cheers manutdsoc20-Jason
get in touch with Gary Dayton - maybe he can help you with schematics.
JA Fant likes this.
post #1240 of 1243 Old 09-20-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott911 View Post
get in touch with Gary Dayton - maybe he can help you with schematics.
I've reached out to Gary. Thanks for the advice everyone. Will keep everyone posted on what happens.

Thanks Jason
post #1241 of 1243 Old 09-26-2017, 01:05 PM

Reached out to Gary, but he was not able to help me.

If anyone knows anyone that can fix the amp plates boy would I like to know. Looking like I have 6K paper weight.

I will probably be buying to 2- SVS 16" subs.

Thanks everyone.
post #1242 of 1243 Old 10-09-2017, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdsoc20 View Post

Cheers manutdsoc20-Jason

Keep me posted- Jason
the CS 2.4 is a honey of a speaker. I know, because I own a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE
post #1243 of 1243 Old 10-09-2017, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoff01 View Post

Just came in today. I'll post more later, but they really are an amazing speaker. And they're stunning to look at..
An update- dhoff01 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page