Auditioned B&W Speakers--Conclusions? - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
Speakers > Auditioned B&W Speakers--Conclusions?
PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 10:40 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatwuss View Post

Pullium - In my several years of reading audio forums, I can't think of anyone else among thousands that is more of a troll than you.

You are the troll of trolls. You can smell your ignorance from a mile away.

You are wrong as always. I have yet to read a single true statement by you.

PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 10:42 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles View Post

I like the 600 series, I think it's a decent speaker. I also think PULLIAM is an idiotic troll, and it pisses me off that saying that in a previous thread actually got me banned.

I have been suspended before because of you and your kind. Lose the attitude or get used to it.
emorphien's Avatar emorphien 10:43 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

I have been suspended before because of you and your kind. Lose the attitude or get used to it.

hehe I believe you've been suspended because you are a fool
PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 10:46 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by emorphien View Post

hehe I believe you've been suspended because you are a fool

You, Chris Wiggles, Grandarf, Otto Spiral, Tawaun, and Alimentall should all be suspended. It would be a much nicer forum, then.
emorphien's Avatar emorphien 10:48 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

You, Chris Wiggles, Grandarf, Otto Spiral, Tawaun, and Alimentall should all be suspended. It would be a much nicer forum, then.

I don't like every single one of those guys myself, but they all provide more useful and objective information in one post than you do all day.
Tawaun da bomb's Avatar Tawaun da bomb 10:54 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by emorphien View Post

I don't like every single one of those guys myself, but they all provide more useful and objective information in one post than you do all day.


emorphien's Avatar emorphien 10:58 AM 01-17-2007
I should add that I don't find all their posts to be that informative, but the signal to noise ratio of that group you've singled out is much higher than your own PULLIAMM.
Grandarf's Avatar Grandarf 11:09 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by emorphien View Post

I don't like every single one of those guys myself

:\\ My homosexual dreams about hooking up with emorphien have been shattered! I was only living in an illusion!!! And I thought I was doing such a great job here.... All this great seduction for nothing! So if not emorphien, who will carry my manbabies?! I knew from the start I should have concentrated my efforts on BW owners... No not you PULLIAMM I've told you many times in pm that I'm not interested! Jake maybe... Man these man dating forums aren't at all what they're all hyped up to be... I want my money back!!



ahem.

*** This post of humour was brought you by a heterosexual guy. No I swear!!!

[edit:] //Grandarf hugs emorphien <3 <3 <3 xxx So seriously emorphien, which poster is in your sights? Who's the lucky guy? Which poster do you REALLY like?
PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 11:20 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandarf View Post

*** This post of humour was brought you by a heterosexual guy. No I swear!!!

Suuuure it was.
Clepto's Avatar Clepto 11:23 AM 01-17-2007
Well, as a 600 series owner, I'm happy with my speakers, though I'd be a bit put out if I had to pay list price on them.

Keep in mind, many of us are confined to what dealers in our area sell. Especially as buying a speaker from an ID company seems sketchy, yet at the same time, no store listening test can be a good method either, as chances are the bulk of speakers are in a single room, not optimized for any particular pair of the speakers.

Even if there are a few rooms that are treated for a particular set of speakers, they're likely ones well out of my price range, and swapping in a pair of speakers I'd be interested in would throw off the sound a bit, because the treatments and placement might not be quite right for that particular speaker.

I do like the fact that I had multiple center channel and surround options, as well as dipole options out of the series, something that isn't always available in another range.
PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 11:32 AM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaun da bomb View Post

Most things destroy it at that price,you mean some stuff thats cheaper beats it.

I am sorry that you are confused. Let me clarify it for you. There is no pair of speakers for $600 or less that sound as good as the B&W 602s, and the vast majority don't even come close.
Alimentall's Avatar Alimentall 12:11 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

I am sorry that you are confused. Let me clarify it for you. There is no pair of speakers for $600 or less that sound as good as the B&W 602s, and the vast majority don't even come close.

And you arrived at that conclusion by actually hearing which two or three Best Buy speakers?
Tawaun da bomb's Avatar Tawaun da bomb 12:20 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

I am sorry that you are confused. Let me clarify it for you. There is no pair of speakers for $600 or less that sound as good as the B&W 602s, and the vast majority don't even come close.

Remember,meathead I owned the 602,before you did longer than you did,with better equipment than you have.
Alimentall's Avatar Alimentall 12:26 PM 01-17-2007
Magnum, quick, go listen to more speakers and report back or this thread is going to hell! Pulliamm drives threads like like a suicidal Egyptian airline pilot
droht's Avatar droht 01:16 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:


I knew from the start I should have concentrated my efforts on BW owners... No not you PULLIAMM I've told you many times in pm that I'm not interested!

Grandarf, I think it is way out of line to imply that Pulliamm has come on to you via PM. I think we all know that Pulliamm is content to plug the front port on his 705s every night. If he ever decides to sell those speakers I hope the buyer isn't duped into thinking that "protein enriched" is some kind of audiophile term.
cschang's Avatar cschang 01:52 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by droht View Post

Grandarf, I think it is way out of line to imply that Pulliamm has come on to you via PM. I think we all know that Pulliamm is content to plug the front port on his 705s every night. If he ever decides to sell those speakers I hope the buyer isn't duped into thinking that "protein enriched" is some kind of audiophile term.

Oh my....that is sick!! Funny, but sick!
dakar80124's Avatar dakar80124 02:20 PM 01-17-2007
I finally got to listen to the B&W 802D's last week and was floored. The dealer forced me to listen to them and of course they were running to a top Classe amp. Definitely one of the best speakers I have ever heard. Now I see what the fuss is about! But they're way out of my spending league. Before that I also listened to the B&W 804S and music sounded very good on those as well. Female voices were the biggest difference I noticed between the two besides the 802D's much greater overall music presence.
Impressive speakers though. Why does everything have to be so expensive!
Alimentall's Avatar Alimentall 02:29 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang View Post

Oh my....that is sick!! Funny, but sick!

And you wonder why I only like acoustic suspension speakers
Alimentall's Avatar Alimentall 02:40 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakar80124 View Post

Why does everything have to be so expensive!

It doesn't have to be. What other speakers have you heard in the $6K-$12K range?
tweeterex's Avatar tweeterex 03:23 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:


I have been suspended before because of you and your kind. Lose the attitude or get used to it.

I COULD GET USED TO YOU BEING SUSPENDED.

Quote:


And you arrived at that conclusion by actually hearing which two or three Best Buy speakers?

Recoton, but back in the day when they made good speakers.
ericgl's Avatar ericgl 03:26 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

I have been suspended before because of you and your kind. Lose the attitude or get used to it.

Apparently you haven't learned your lesson.

PULLIAMM, some are on this forum for direction, others to provide direction (or at least options) because of their enjoyment of the hobby and wish to share. By your own admission, you are here for amusement; which apparently you get from making outrageous statements and getting people upset.
MagnumX's Avatar MagnumX 10:05 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

I have never heard anything by B&W that did not sound excellent for its particular price range. The only reason that the 700 and 800 series have any real competition at all is that they are expensive enough for a lot of options to exist. Nothing can touch the 600 series at the price.

Honestly, I have to wonder if your hearing is damaged or something when I read an absurd comment like that.

The stock speakers that came with my Subaru WRX sound tonally more accurate than the 605s even. I don't certainly don't shudder listening to Tori on them like I did at the B&W dealer where Tori suddenly sounded as if she had a head cold... $900 a pair I think they were? I'm not sure I'd pay $50 a pair for them the way they mutilated her voice like that. Considering I got my Carver AL-IIIs for $1175 shipped on closeout from One Call back around 1995 and they sound better and have deeper bass extension than the 803s, well.... it doesn't take a math wizard to see I think the 600 series (and all B&Ws) are massively overpriced for their sound quality level per tier. My BP2 Definitive Tech bipolars I used to use as side surrounds sound better even as main channels than the 605s. The 705s I heard were still plainly colored sounding. Only the 805s produced a good tonality (and they damn well ought to at $2500 a pair... I could get a nice set of PSB Stratus Golds for that and have better sound AND a full bass range to boot whereas you need to go to the 803s to come even close to that and I still think they don't sound as good as Stratus Golds, although they are at least comparable at that point. Of course, you could get 2 pairs of the Stratus Gold for the price of one pair of 803s).
MagnumX's Avatar MagnumX 10:07 PM 01-17-2007
I did inquire with an e-mail to ACI about their closeout ad on their Emerald monitors (used to be $750 a pair so they are right in the price range I'm looking at for home theater), but they did not respond back as to their availability or their closeout price (they did reply to a separate e-mail asking about the output level capability of the TitanXL at 20Hz versus the MaestroXL)>
emorphien's Avatar emorphien 10:18 PM 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post

The stock speakers that came with my Subaru WRX sound tonally more accurate than the 605s even.

Subaru party! Represent... 2005 Legacy GT here
misterkit's Avatar misterkit 04:17 AM 01-18-2007
Give the Ascend cmt-340's a listen. They are supposed to be a neutral sounding. You would need to match it with a sub though.
tweeterex's Avatar tweeterex 04:53 AM 01-18-2007
Quote:
Honestly, I have to wonder if your hearing is damaged or something when I read an absurd comment like that.

Or when I read the following.....

Quote:
The stock speakers that came with my Subaru WRX sound tonally more accurate than the 605s even

605's? If your going to spew mischaracterizations at least get the model numbers right.

Quote:
. I don't certainly don't shudder listening to Tori on them like I did at the B&W dealer where Tori suddenly sounded as if she had a head cold... $900 a pair I think they were?

AND the prices...

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd pay $50 a pair for them the way they mutilated her voice like that.

I'm sorry you heard them set up so badly , but many, many peoples experiance with B&W's have been differant.

Quote:
Considering I got my Carver AL-IIIs for $1175 shipped on closeout from One Call back around 1995 and they sound better and have deeper bass extension than the 803s, well.... it doesn't take a math wizard to see I think the 600 series (and all B&Ws) are massively overpriced for their sound quality level per tier

Not everyone is interested in Bass extension above all else, and most wouldn't be so quick to apply such a generalization about what you learned from a very limited experiance with one model (803)to a whole differant series of speakers (600 series), much less an entire brand.
Quote:
. My BP2 Definitive Tech bipolars I used to use as side surrounds sound better even as main channels than the 605s.

Again, considering there is no 605 (only a 600 through 604) and that I am also a definative dealer, I would step out on a limb and say that you are grossly mistaken and should reevaluate your demoing proceedures , biases, or agenda, because such a statement makes you look worse than Pulliam or at least as agenda driven as Allmental.
PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 04:58 AM 01-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaun da bomb View Post

Remember,meathead I owned the 602,before you did longer than you did,with better equipment than you have.

Really? And you still couldn't hear their obvious superiority? Your hearing is even worse than I thought!
PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 05:03 AM 01-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgl View Post

By your own admission, you are here for amusement; which apparently you get from making outrageous statements and getting people upset.

And yet the outrageous, offensive, insulting, and overwhelmingly off-topic statements that others routinely make (particularly the uncalled-for gay slurs) are accepted and don't get them suspended. Go figure.
PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 05:06 AM 01-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimentall View Post

And you arrived at that conclusion by actually hearing which two or three Best Buy speakers?

I provided you with a list of some of the huge number of speakers I have auditioned in another thread. I am not going to type it again, because you are not worth my effort.
PULLIAMM's Avatar PULLIAMM 05:14 AM 01-18-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post

I don't certainly don't shudder listening to Tori on them like I did at the B&W dealer where Tori suddenly sounded as if she had a head cold.

Tori Amos is one of my favorite musicians. I know exactly what she sounds like because I have seen her in concert. Both the 602s and my 705s reproduce her voice (and piano) flawlessly. I suggest taking a copy of your statement above with you when you visit the doctor. It might help him diagnose which particular form of ear disease you suffer from.
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up