Home Theater Direct (HTD) Owner's Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #601 of 608 Old 01-20-2017, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1594 Post(s)
Liked: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtopher View Post
Hmmm. There's not much going on in this thread....

Well, perhaps some is listening out there.

I'm looking for some surround speakers to compliment a surround sound setup and the HTD Series Level 2 surround speakers look to be just the ticket. Anyone have any experience with them?

The Versa SB1 look pretty nice as well.

I'd appreciate any feedback on these speakers.

Thanks!
I have enjoyed all of my HTD speakers. I currently own the Level 2 and Level 3 towers. I advent felt with their on-wall/in-wall speakers, but I doubt they will disappoint.
They are about to have their yearly 10% off anniversary sale, so if you hold off for a few more days, you can enjoy that discount to save a little cash.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 2 and 3 Towers
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 608 Old 02-26-2017, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Well I've officially became an HTD owner now. Purchased HD in-ceiling speakers for whole home audio to go with MCA66 system. Also got speakers for 7.1 HT setup, 6.5" in-walls for L, R and surrounds, 6.5 AIM's for rear surrounds, Level 2 cabinet for center and level 3 sub. Also, purchased outdoor bracket style HTD speakers for the patio. Hoping to have everything installed and ready to listen by end of March!
post #603 of 608 Old 03-10-2017, 08:07 AM

Speakers were installed yesterday. Word of caution, watch your installer closely when they install the first in-ceiling speaker. Mine didn't know how to follow the template so cut the hole too big. Or maybe just hire a competent installer

Have not had a chance to hook everything up and listen yet. Will report back.
zieglj01 and ace96 like this.

post #604 of 608 Old 06-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iastater09 View Post
Speakers were installed yesterday. Word of caution, watch your installer closely when they install the first in-ceiling speaker. Mine didn't know how to follow the template so cut the hole too big. Or maybe just hire a competent installer

Have not had a chance to hook everything up and listen yet. Will report back.
So, how are your in-wall HTD speakers doing?

creative>energy

post #605 of 608 Old 06-12-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allredp View Post
So, how are your in-wall HTD speakers doing?
I really like them and would buy again. And the company stands behind their product. I had one in-wall speaker that did not work. They said that hardly ever happens but they sent a replacement anyway. I have them connected to the HTD whole home audio system.

Sound quality is excellent. Definitely better than the cheaper monoprice speakers. They can go plenty loud. I have the 6" and 8" in-ceilings throughout my house and then the 6" in-walls for the surround and front LR in my home theater. Also, went with the cabinet style level II speaker for center home theater speaker with the level III sub. I have the outdoor speakers for the patio as well.
post #606 of 608 Old 07-02-2017, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just ordered some HTD speakers for my Home Theater I am building. The room is 23' x 13' - with two loveseats, one at 10' and the other on a 6" platform at 15' from the screen (100").

Anyway, after doing lots of research, I decided the best bang for your buck is online direct manufacturers. I looked at both HTD and Ascend, but was sold on HTD due to their awesome customer service and in-wall / in-ceiling speakers.

After talking to someone over the course of two days from HTD, showing him my plans, etc. he guided me toward:

- Level Three Bookshelves (with stands)
- Level Three Center
- HD80 (8") in-walls for surrounds (slightly behind, to the sides of the first row)
- HD80 (8") ceilings for rear surrounds (behind 2nd row)
- HD60 (6") ceilings for Atmos

Paired with dual SVS PB-1000 subwoofers.

I am looking forward to this setup.

(Living room has Definitive Pro-monitor 1000's)
mpk1970 and BigVegas17 like this.

LG 55" OLED, Yamaha Aventage RX-A1060, OPPO BDP-103, Definitive Tech. ProMonitor 1000's (5), SVS SB-2000
post #607 of 608 Old 07-02-2017, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iastater09 View Post
I really like them and would buy again. And the company stands behind their product. I had one in-wall speaker that did not work. They said that hardly ever happens but they sent a replacement anyway. I have them connected to the HTD whole home audio system.

Sound quality is excellent. Definitely better than the cheaper monoprice speakers. They can go plenty loud. I have the 6" and 8" in-ceilings throughout my house and then the 6" in-walls for the surround and front LR in my home theater. Also, went with the cabinet style level II speaker for center home theater speaker with the level III sub. I have the outdoor speakers for the patio as well.

Did you remove insulation for them to work? I have Roxul and figured I could cut the opening out with a knife and leave the rest in between the studs to dampen the wall.

LG 55" OLED, Yamaha Aventage RX-A1060, OPPO BDP-103, Definitive Tech. ProMonitor 1000's (5), SVS SB-2000
post #608 of 608 Old 08-14-2017, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just wanted to add, I've been a HTD owner for two years or so now. Amazing quality for the price and the Ebony wood they used looks magical. Currently have level 3 center and bookshelves for the fronts. Planning to get level 2 bookshelves for the surround speakers once they have a sale.

I know they have their annual 10% sale, but do they have Black Friday sales also?

LG 55EC9300 OLED TV --- Marantz NR1504 Receiver
HTD Level 3 Bookshelf (L+R) and Center Speakers --- BIC V1220 Subwoofer
Playstation 4 White
Raspberry Pi Retro Console / Kodi Box
Custom Built HTPC (gaming mostly)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr 789 630 Watt 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page