Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

It's working fine now, Mark.

Oh yes...

The New Server is up and really working perfectly...

DNS pointers should have adjusted for everyone by now... I'm still in Colombia and it's blazing even down here...

All is good again...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
post #363 of 1724 Old 03-11-2008, 08:06 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter View Post

Oh yes...

The New Server is up and really working perfectly...

DNS pointers should have adjusted for everyone by now... I'm still in Colombia and it's blazing even down here...

All is good again...

mls

Yes indeed, all is now working as it should! That was weird, to be sure. I thought I did something wrong, "No forum for you!". Glad to have it back!
post #364 of 1724 Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 PM

Still down for me (funny, we're in the same state).

What's the IP address for the web server (for the main site... the forum site is working)?

EDIT: Flush cache and cookies took care of it, both the main and forum sites are working for me now.
post #365 of 1724 Old 03-11-2008, 07:48 PM

Hello all,

New to researching AV123 and ID speaker companies in general. I saw a couple posts in this thread referring to family pricing or family prices, and was wondering if that's something AV123 still offers its returning customers. If so, how does it work--will the discounted prices show up when you're browsing the product list if you're logged in and you're a returning customer, or do you need to get price quotes each time? I assume it's not over and above sale prices--those Rockets have me hiding my credit card from myself at the moment...

The family pricing concept seems like a great idea, and for me a great way to build a HT speaker package a couple of pieces at a time. As I said, I'm trying to resist the temptation to purchase the Rockets--I'm looking at the RS250MKII bookshelf pair with RSC200 center speaker. Will try to get away without using a sub, due to apparent production/supply delays on the MFW-15. That's when I started wondering about "family" pricing, since I'm building as my budget allows, so I'm curious how much that would reduce the price of the sub. Anyone have an idea? I can wait a few months. (for the sub, not the answer! )

Anyone tried the above combo with no sub? How do you think it sounds?
post #366 of 1724 Old 03-11-2008, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirac View Post

Hello all,

New to researching AV123 and ID speaker companies in general. I saw a couple posts in this thread referring to family pricing or family prices, and was wondering if that's something AV123 still offers its returning customers. If so, how does it work--will the discounted prices show up when you're browsing the product list if you're logged in and you're a returning customer, or do you need to get price quotes each time? I assume it's not over and above sale prices--those Rockets have me hiding my credit card from myself at the moment...

The family pricing concept seems like a great idea, and for me a great way to build a HT speaker package a couple of pieces at a time. As I said, I'm trying to resist the temptation to purchase the Rockets--I'm looking at the RS250MKII bookshelf pair with RSC200 center speaker. Will try to get away without using a sub, due to apparent production/supply delays on the MFW-15. That's when I started wondering about "family" pricing, since I'm building as my budget allows, so I'm curious how much that would reduce the price of the sub. Anyone have an idea? I can wait a few months. (for the sub, not the answer! )

Anyone tried the above combo with no sub? How do you think it sounds?

Family pricing will give a discount. When buying, I generally just call for orders (granted, I also tend to buy when Mark's offering up ridiculously good sales on their forum -- and the inventory on these sales frequently goes before they even have the time to put up the items on the main sales site ).

As for doing without a sub w/ a Bigfoot and 250's -- make it temporary. You will want a sub for anything with some depth.

Just order an MFW along w/ the other spkrs, and hang loose -- when that sub arrives, you'll be one very happy dude.
post #367 of 1724 Old 03-11-2008, 08:10 PM

Not sure I can afford to do everything at once (actually I'm sure I can't), but if the subs aren't shipping until July, that's another couple of months after the speakers arrive, right?

I've not read much more on the AV123 forums other than look at production shots (that new Colombia thread), I had no idea the guys posted sales in their forum. Thanks for the tip! Doesn't seem like they'll beat their current Rocket sale prices, though... seems like a pretty aggressive discount.
post #368 of 1724 Old 03-11-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

Yes indeed, all is now working as it should! That was weird, to be sure. I thought I did something wrong, "No forum for you!". Glad to have it back!

I guess I spoke too soon, now I can't get on either the main page OR the forum. Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch... I hope!

Edit - Never mind, they're back.
post #369 of 1724 Old 03-11-2008, 08:20 PM

It has been hit or miss for me for the last 15 minutes. Long "waiting for **********" delays. At the moment you're right, it does seem to be working.
post #370 of 1724 Old 03-11-2008, 08:25 PM

Good to know it's not just me! After the "crash course" in cookie dumping and cache cleaning I thought I was all set.
post #371 of 1724 Old 03-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

Family pricing will give a discount. When buying, I generally just call for orders (granted, I also tend to buy when Mark's offering up ridiculously good sales on their forum -- and the inventory on these sales frequently goes before they even have the time to put up the items on the main sales site ).

As for doing without a sub w/ a Bigfoot and 250's -- make it temporary. You will want a sub for anything with some depth.

Just order an MFW along w/ the other spkrs, and hang loose -- when that sub arrives, you'll be one very happy dude.

Well, I just placed an order for the 3.0 setup. (I didn't mention this before, but I already have two in-ceiling rear speakers.) I'm holding off on the sub for now for personal budget reasons, and I'm hoping I can catch a sale (or maybe B stock) by the time I can afford the sub. Which brings up three questions totally unrelated to each other:

What do the av123 guys do when you place an order for something showing an ETA of July (hypothetical example ), and they offer a sale price in May after your order is already in the system? Would you need to cancel, reorder, then lose your place in the queue in order to get the new price?

Is an old 30W HTIB sub better than nothing? (temporary only)

What MFW-15 finish looks best with the Rockets?
post #372 of 1724 Old 03-12-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:

Well, I just placed an order for the 3.0 setup. (I didn't mention this before, but I already have two in-ceiling rear speakers.) I'm holding off on the sub for now for personal budget reasons, and I'm hoping I can catch a sale (or maybe B stock) by the time I can afford the sub. Which brings up three questions totally unrelated to each other:

What do the av123 guys do when you place an order for something showing an ETA of July (hypothetical example ), and they offer a sale price in May after your order is already in the system? Would you need to cancel, reorder, then lose your place in the queue in order to get the new price?

Is an old 30W HTIB sub better than nothing? (temporary only)

What MFW-15 finish looks best with the Rockets?

Welcome to the club Dirac! Stop on over at the av123 forums...

I don't think you have to worry about the Rockets going any lower between now and July. The Sale price now is pretty low. The only lower price was around the holidays, but that did not include Free Shipping and I believe Mark said he would think twice about another sale like that. =) Mark does offer Gift Certificate deals from time to time where you get an extra 10% if you order a GC for > $1000. As long as you haven't prepaid for your order, you are free to jump in on the GC deals for existing orders. They just had one though so I'm not sure if you'll see another one by July. You never know though.

For the MWF-15, you would want either Satin Black or Palisander Rosa Satin for $100 more. After 4/1 though, I believe the PRS will go up by 10% though. I ordered a PRS MFW-15 back in October '07. Can't wait. My Rockets will be here in April.

It's time like these I wish I was a bear so I could hibernate and wake up when the delivery man arrives.

------------------------------------------------------
BinaryLinguist
post #373 of 1724 Old 03-13-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLinguist View Post

Welcome to the club Dirac! Stop on over at the av123 forums...

I don't think you have to worry about the Rockets going any lower between now and July. ...

I was actually hoping the MFWs will drop a bit, or they'd release B-stock. With an ETA of July, I didn't want to be "locked in" to the current price and not be able to take advantage of a sale/free shipping without cancelling my order and losing my place in line, if the price happens to drop in the next 4 months.

I am still looking at eD (A5-350 with the 550W amp is the closest in price when you factor in the shipping). According to the reviews, though, the MFW appears to have a better musical quality--I know this isn't the subwoofer thread, but if that's true I would still lean toward the MFW. My music/theater ratio is probably 25/75, but in terms of "value", that 25 percent music is much more important to me. I figure a good musical sub will be capable at HT, but the opposite may not be true. I would rather have the former than something that's just loud and thumpy.

I'll probably give the av123 guys a call next week and see what they say.
post #374 of 1724 Old 03-13-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:

I was actually hoping the MFWs will drop a bit, or they'd release B-stock. With an ETA of July, I didn't want to be "locked in" to the current price and not be able to take advantage of a sale/free shipping without cancelling my order and losing my place in line, if the price happens to drop in the next 4 months.

B-stock maybe, but I think its pretty safe to say the MFW-15 will not be going down in price by July. Like I said, the Palisander (Rosa and Natural) MFW-15 will be going up by 10% starting 4/1.

BinaryLinguist
post #375 of 1724 Old 03-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

So I tried to search through this thread but couldn't find my question anywhere. So I just bought a pair of the X-sls classics to go with my X-ls and X-cs combo. The X-sls will be my mains now. I was wondering where to set the crossover. I have the X-ls and X-cs set to 80hz. I set the X-sls to 60hz. Anyone with suggestions. I am also running a Bic H100 for the sub crossed over at 100 on the sub and 200 on the amp.

Xbox 360 gamertag: Cdub998
PSN: cdub998
post #376 of 1724 Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub998 View Post

So I tried to search through this thread but couldn't find my question anywhere. So I just bought a pair of the X-sls classics to go with my X-ls and X-cs combo. The X-sls will be my mains now. I was wondering where to set the crossover. I have the X-ls and X-cs set to 80hz. I set the X-sls to 60hz. Anyone with suggestions. I am also running a Bic H100 for the sub crossed over at 100 on the sub and 200 on the amp.

Most people set the x-sls to 80Hz as well, but the best thing to do is play around with both settings and see which sounds best to you. Either way, you got a nice setup there. Enjoy!

BinaryLinguist
post #377 of 1724 Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLinguist View Post

Most people set the x-sls to 80Hz as well, but the best thing to do is play around with both settings and see which sounds best to you. Either way, you got a nice setup there. Enjoy!

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I will be playing around this weekend in 2 channel land. Guess I am lucky as the wife and baby will be out of town

Also guess this post is worthless without pics

post #378 of 1724 Old 03-17-2008, 11:53 AM

Is anyone else unable to login to the AV123 website? Not the forums, but the main page. I was trying to place an order for some Rocket speakers but I can't login or reset my password.
post #379 of 1724 Old 03-17-2008, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabazkilla View Post

Is anyone else unable to login to the AV123 website? Not the forums, but the main page. I was trying to place an order for some Rocket speakers but I can't login or reset my password.

I think you are better off calling customer services on orders. I don't know if is fix now but back when I ordered in Nov. 07, the qoute for shipping was waaaay off. A more acurate shipping qoute was done over the phone.
post #380 of 1724 Old 03-17-2008, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

The main site is undergoing some maintenance at the moment - should be back up soon.

On shipping, the new site is linked in with the Yellow Freight site so now it will give you a real-time zip specific quote (it is the exact same site we hit for a quote when you call in)

Thanks,

Sean

Owner - Skiing Ninja Systems
post #381 of 1724 Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Location: Living among the children of the corn in Oxford, (S.E.), PA.
The new site is haunted.

BOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Parque View Post

The main site is undergoing some maintenance at the moment - should be back up soon.

On shipping, the new site is linked in with the Yellow Freight site so now it will give you a real-time zip specific quote (it is the exact same site we hit for a quote when you call in)

Thanks,

Sean

"The Bundys' proud name was built on a philosophy of lying. Well, lying, owing money and perhaps beer. Yes, lying, owing money and beer. The only thing that separates us from the Kennedys is that they have money." - Al Bundy
post #382 of 1724 Old 03-17-2008, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Hey cdub998

Nice pictures. Thats the first time I saw some good pictures of the satin black. They look good.

Samsung PN60F8500, Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P, Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K, Oppo BDP-93, Aperion Audio 5T&5C, HSU STF-2, PS3, Wii, HTPC, SD Homerun Prime, Ceton Echo
post #383 of 1724 Old 03-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeguy View Post

Hey cdub998

Nice pictures. Thats the first time I saw some good pictures of the satin black. They look good.

Thanks. Yeah its really hard to show how nice they really look in pictures.

post #384 of 1724 Old 05-19-2008, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

For those who missed out on the last big sale on the rockets in the Fall of last year...good news...MLS just kicked off another amazing sale on the Rockets again:

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=32584&page=6
post #385 of 1724 Old 05-19-2008, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Why all the required deposits lately? Switching over to a 'made to order' business model?
post #386 of 1724 Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
EJ
AVS Special Member

I have rocket 550's and a def tech sub 2.1 system in my livingroom. they no longer make the 550's, not sure why but they're great.

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #387 of 1724 Old 05-20-2008, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

Why all the required deposits lately? Switching over to a 'made to order' business model?

The answer was suggested by the posts - they can make a deal for a limited run and get a low cost that is fixed, but want to use your money to make that work at the lowest price. But it's probably better to get an answer than to speculate.

I'm glad to see someone had the decency to ask that they delete the latest thread in the forum where the villagers tar and feather someone who dared to ask about a problem, that was a low point. They took it to a new level, rather than learning from the last few go rounds that it's best to just leave those alone and refer them back to the professionals.
post #388 of 1724 Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post

For those who missed out on the last big sale on the rockets in the Fall of last year...good news...MLS just kicked off another amazing sale on the Rockets again:

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=32584&page=6

bad link. doesnt work for me. Just says invalid thread
post #389 of 1724 Old 05-20-2008, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It was up yesterday. Thread went off-track, got deleted.

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=32643

Jeremy Gillow
post #390 of 1724 Old 06-15-2008, 03:51 AM
Advanced Member

Wow...almost a month since any posts to this thread??
I am looking into the X-series speakers, along with some others, for a system upgrade. I want to get the X-Voce and 6 surrounds to replace my current 7.1 set-up. The only speakers shown currently are the X-Statiks, but I see a reference to X-optima and X-otica. Are these the bookshelf and surrounds? Are they available, if so what is the cost? I could go with X-statiks upfront, but I am really only looking for 6 bookshelves.
Thanks for any help on this.

"Hey, don't forget smoking lamp...oh I'm sorry, was that expensive piece?"
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page