AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wells View Post

Hi,
I have a quick question about my RS150s. I am looking to move them into my theater to use as height speakers as I would like to move to an 11.2 setup. Is there any problem with laying this speakers on their side to help keep them as high as possible? I know they may be a bit unstable but I can "prop" them up with something as they will be located behind the screen and won't be visible.
Also, while I am posting, I am looking to add a pair of Rockets to complete my 11 channel setup. I would prefer a floor standing set (rosewood preferred but not required) to use a my L/R speakers. So, if anyone has a pair they would like to sell, I am interested. Just drop me a PM.
Thanks,
T.Wells
For used AV123 speakers you might check the for sale parts of the following forums -- AVS, Chase Home Theater, and Emotiva. You can still see some occasional AV123 activity there.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1724 Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post

For used AV123 speakers you might check the for sale parts of the following forums -- AVS, Chase Home Theater, and Emotiva. You can still see some occasional AV123 activity there.
Mike

Thanks. I was not familiar with Chase and Emotiva.

T.Wells
post #1713 of 1724 Old 02-15-2013, 07:43 PM

I'm trying to locate an owners manual for the Onix Reference One MKII speakers; lost mine a couple years back. Can anyone help?

Thanks Allan
post #1714 of 1724 Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 PM

Sorry to bring up an old question. I have a pair of RS850 sigs and a RSC200 center. Unfortunately, the RSS300 are too large (to mount) in the room I have now. Did you ever get a response on sides and rears that match with the rockets? I'm looking from something that is relatively small to mount on my walls.

Thanks.
post #1715 of 1724 Old 08-01-2013, 07:02 PM

I've been trying to find replacement 5.25 Atohm drivers for my Onix Ref 2's that were blown a couple of years ago (pressing on the cone makes a scraping noise).
Skiingninja emailed me the name of the importer for the Atohm speakers and I'm hoping I can get replacements.
If I can't get the speakers fixed, should I try and sell them or throw them away and just get new speakers?

Kind regards.
post #1716 of 1724 Old 08-02-2013, 05:13 AM

Try Kevin @ Motor City Custom Audio.
post #1717 of 1724 Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
unforunantly I dont have a source for any of the Ref drivers, although I can get tweeters. I also have most drivers for the rocket line

You can try Hugh at Angel City Audio as he might have connections
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker View Post

Try Kevin @ Motor City Custom Audio.

Kevin
----------
Motor City Custom Audio
Bringing you Custom subwoofer kits, with flames if you want
Onix and Melody Valve Hi Fi Audio Dealer serving the Midwest and Canada
post #1718 of 1724 Old 12-31-2013, 03:05 PM

Hello all,
I have been searching the web and this thread for the power handling capabilities of the RS850's and RSC 200. I have consistently found the general specs (FR, sensitivity, ohms, etc) but have no idea how much power these speakers can handle. I ask because I am venturing into purchasing a separate amplifier to drive these speakers but do not want to short-change myself or blow a tweeter/woofer when turning up the volume during movie/music playback.
If anyone has the knowledge as to the RMS watts and peak watts handling or a link to find that information, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance and have a Happy New Year's!

Isaac
post #1719 of 1724 Old 12-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I would not worry about to much power. clean power almost never hurts speakers, its when you clip an amp or plug something like an ipod in hot and you send a spike to it.
anything from 100 to 400+ will be fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by slides_316 View Post

Hello all,
I have been searching the web and this thread for the power handling capabilities of the RS850's and RSC 200. I have consistently found the general specs (FR, sensitivity, ohms, etc) but have no idea how much power these speakers can handle. I ask because I am venturing into purchasing a separate amplifier to drive these speakers but do not want to short-change myself or blow a tweeter/woofer when turning up the volume during movie/music playback.
If anyone has the knowledge as to the RMS watts and peak watts handling or a link to find that information, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance and have a Happy New Year's!

Isaac

Kevin
----------
Motor City Custom Audio
Bringing you Custom subwoofer kits, with flames if you want
Onix and Melody Valve Hi Fi Audio Dealer serving the Midwest and Canada
post #1720 of 1724 Old 12-31-2013, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I don't pay any attention to wattage ratings for speakers. Generally, the greater harm to speakers comes from UNDERpowering them so that they clip during loud peaks.
post #1721 of 1724 Old 01-02-2014, 07:05 AM

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I had an inkling that I could power them with a quality 300-400 watt amplifier but just wanted to be sure. I read about damage from under powering any speaker leading to clipping, etc. In my research I noticed that many (but not all) speaker companies have been listing a minimum and maximum power handling capability so I developed a case of the doubts.

Thanks again!

Isaac
post #1722 of 1724 Old 03-23-2014, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone know where to get a crossover for an RS850 Signature? One of my 850's is playing no audio whatsoever, so my guess is that the crossover is dead.
Also, anyone know how to disassemble these things to get to the crossover so I can check it (and check the drivers/tweeter while I'm in there)?

Thanks for any help.
post #1723 of 1724 Old 03-24-2014, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax-jp View Post

Anyone know where to get a crossover for an RS850 Signature? One of my 850's is playing no audio whatsoever, so my guess is that the crossover is dead.
Also, anyone know how to disassemble these things to get to the crossover so I can check it (and check the drivers/tweeter while I'm in there)?

Thanks for any help.

Remove the drivers and you will be able to reach inside of speaker cabinet, I would think it would be on the bottom but not for sure about the location of crossover.

Jesus Christ is the Way, The Truth, and The Life, He is the only Way to God!

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

Ascend Sierra-2s(LCR), RSS300, Polk R15

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #1724 of 1724 Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 PM

I have a 5 channel system that I am forced to sell as I have moved into a townhouse and have to go to a smaller system and am wondering what you think is a fair price. This is what I have
Rocket RS750 MLS signature edition w/skiing ninja upgraded crossovers and the speaker platforms
RSC200 Bigfoot center
ELT 525 bookshelf speakers
All in Rosewood in very good to excellent contion.
They are in Chico, Ca now but will be at my pops in Sacramento.
They sound incredable especially the 750's as the upgraded crossovers made a huge difference.
Any help would be appreciated.
Ps- I have all the original boxes.
Reply Speakers