Official AV123/Onix Owners Thread: TECHNICAL TALK ONLY - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #1771 of 1773 Old 08-08-2017, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As an owner of a Rocket HT (850's, 200, 300's, 750's), I'd really love to hear people's thoughts on how these speakers compare to some of the speakers in a similar price category today. I don't have a chance to hear other setups, but I'd love to know how the Rockets are thought of compared to the Chanes, Ascends, etc today.

Time for an upgrade? Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1773 Old 08-09-2017, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post
Bigfoot is/was a good center. If you absolutely have to let it go, I'd recommend looking for the RS250 MKII bookshelf speaker to go in its place. Assoyou could use it vertical. It's the closest acoustic match in a smaller footprint that I can think of.
It brought a smile to my face that after all these years the Onix community is still right on top of things and quick with help. One of the main reasons I bought in the first place. I love the speakers and always planned on getting a home with a dedicated theater-but ended up in a home where the 'theater' is just the family room off the kitchen. Thankfully the room is quite large, but still the Rockets make a statement that designers aren't very fond of.

To keep the house happy I swapped them out for a Take 5 system the past couple of years-but recently I lamented about the rockets and got approval for their return-with the exception of Bigfoot. In DW's defense it was wall mounted above the TV and loomed quite large. The RS205 MKII is what I run for my surrounds and let's face it-they are a bit larger than people picture when considering 'bookshelf speakers'. I will start with a phantom center and claim the sweet spot on the couch for myself. A digital AVR that can do 9.1 or better and I'll be rocking the Pro-Logic in 2017!

Thanks for your thoughts!
post #1773 of 1773 Old 08-09-2017, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anybody running an atmos system with their rockets? I'm upgrading my TV & receiver and thought about adding some ceiling speakers for atmos. Just curious what a good match would be for the ceiling speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page